• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skiddo with perfect HP and Special D IVs, Sap Sipper, and Lonely Nature (+Atk - D) -- thoughts on how I should EV train this guy?

I know the nature isn't perfect, but it's a shiny. And it's a goat. And it took me easily 4 hours to chain it. Further emphasis that it's a shiny goat -- there are too many reasons to battle with this thing that I won't let the undesirable Nature slow me down.

I was thinking +Atk and +HP EVs, with a moveset using Synthesis / Leech Seed / Earthquake / Horn Leech

MSK

SOOOO FREAKING HAPPY!!!!!

After two days of trying to breed a Hasty Protean Froakie with a decent Attack stat (I've got loads of 5IV Froakie's whose attack varies from 3-10IV which is no good for my mixed set) I was about to give up when in my latest batch of eggs the final one I checked with the IV checker had 6!!!! Yes that's right 6 flawless IV's.
Oh hell yeah hit the payload :)

I just got my hands on a Naive Protean Froakie 31/31/31/31/x/31. Whats a recommended EV spread for this guy? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I just got my hands on a Naive Protean Froakie 31/31/31/31/x/31. Whats a recommended EV spread for this guy? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Greninja @ Life Orb
~ Protean
6 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Surf / Hydro Pump / Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse / Grass Knot / Extrasensory
- HP [Fire] / Spikes / U-Turn

Seeing as he gets STAB on every move except Spikes obv, he can run any number of moves, depending on what your team needs.

Last edited:

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
I have done so much iv breeding lately and have a nice collection of them now :) they all have the 5 perfect ivs as well :)

I have bred:
Larvitars - adamant - with stealth rock and dragon dance
Shellder - naive with rock blast skill link
Dratinis - jolly/adamant - with a marvel scale
Fletchling - adamant - with gale wings
Kangaskhan - jolly
Rotom - modest ( came from the first egg :))
Bulbasaur - calm
Gible -adament - with outrage
Jolteon/Espeon/sylveon - modest/timid
Noivern - modest with infiltrator
Greninja - modest - with protean
Gengar - timid ( shiny with 4 maxes)
Aegislash - brave
Togepi - timid serene grace
Azumarill - adamant - huge power/aqua jet/belly drum and shiny with 5ivs
Breloom - adamant - technician / bulletseed
Scyther - adamant - technician

Still have to ev train most of these. Now I want to try and do the super singles/ doubles at the maison but I'm not sure which of these pokemon would work well together I have loads more that I'm gonna be breeding like ferrothorn/politoad/gligar/deino/joltiks but for now I'd like some opinions on if any of these would work well together in the super battles at the maison. :) thanks in advanced to anyone who gives me any feedback. :)

Cuthrout

I have done so much iv breeding lately and have a nice collection of them now :) they all have the 5 perfect ivs as well :)

I have bred:
Kangaskhan - jolly
Bulbasaur - calm
Aegislash - brave

Still have to ev train most of these. Now I want to try and do the super singles/ doubles at the maison but I'm not sure which of these pokemon would work well together I have loads more that I'm gonna be breeding like ferrothorn/politoad/gligar/deino/joltiks but for now I'd like some opinions on if any of these would work well together in the super battles at the maison. :) thanks in advanced to anyone who gives me any feedback. :)

Ha ha someone has been busy! Well I have vamped up my Gastly, Timid with IV 31/x/31/31/31/31 with egg move Disable. was wondering if you wanted to trade for one of your Azumarill's. Trying to get a 6 IV male though, which will take time..

welcometorapture

I have bred:
Kangaskhan - jolly
Bulbasaur - calm
Aegislash - brave

Jesus, how'd you manage the togepi? The prospect of having to evolve every next parent really doesn't sound appealing at all ...

Rubbless

I've been trying to IV breed a Honedge, but I don't have a 2 IV ditto yet, so I started from scratch. The method I'm using is breeding parents with destiny knot to produce parents with perfect IVs in the same stat so they can breed together and guarantee the passing of the perfect IV as long as its not the destiny knot's random transfer. I'm relying on the random transfer to add an extra 31 and build off of it making it 2 1, 2 2, 3 2, 3 3, 4 3, etc... until I get 5 5 parents. Is this a good method or should I try to get one Honedge with one perfect IV in each desired stat first?

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
I recently got into looking for good IV pokemon so Im still not good at it. Is the "Takes plenty of Siestas" Characteristic any good? Because Im trying to get an Eevee that has good IVs for a Pixilate Sylveon.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Think my next breeding project will be a lucario with crunch and maybe blaze kick them problem is trying to find a female then I have to breed crunch onto it > get a female with crunch > breed it with a blaziken to get both that's if I go for both but ill probably be breeding it with the blaziken anyway since he has the ivs and is in the same egg group.

Also gonna be getting a 5iv volcarona. I have a shiny volcarona at level 100 ev trained and everything but he has swarm and hp and def ivs so I'd like a better one.

magentaman

Think my next breeding project will be a lucario with crunch and maybe blaze kick them problem is trying to find a female then I have to breed crunch onto it > get a female with crunch > breed it with a blaziken to get both that's if I go for both but ill probably be breeding it with the blaziken anyway since he has the ivs and is in the same egg group.

Also gonna be getting a 5iv volcarona. I have a shiny volcarona at level 100 ev trained and everything but he has swarm and hp and def ivs so I'd like a better one.

Out of curiosity, what do you need crunch for on lucario?

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
So I recently got into Super Training just so I could get more evolution stones. I do play a little competitive, but I have not yet started building a competitive team, as I want to finish the Pokedex first. My question to the forum is does anyone else Super Train just for the stones?

While I'm here, I might as well ask, what are the pros and cons to super training over traditional EV training? I'm sure this has been discussed plenty on this thread already, but it does hurt to discuss it again? (If it does, that's fine, this question is optional.) I'm not extremely experienced in EV training, as I just into competitive battling at the end of Generation 5.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
Out of curiosity, what do you need crunch for on lucario?

A lot of people recommend crunch on lucarios for coverage. My lucario back on black 2 has this set
Sword dance
Close combat
Extreme speed
Crunch
Without crunch I can't hit ghosts so kinda need it there :)

As for blaze kick I'd just like it there incase I want to run a set without sword dance or I might go with bullet punch for fairies idk yet.

Just got 3 female riolus one with each ability so I can chose which one i want :)

Last edited:

magentaman

A lot of people recommend crunch on lucarios for coverage. My lucario back on black 2 has this set
Sword dance
Close combat
Extreme speed
Crunch
Without crunch I can't hit ghosts so kinda need it there :)

As for blaze kick I'd just like it there incase I want to run a set without sword dance or I might go with bullet punch for fairies idk yet.

Just got 3 female riolus one with each ability so I can chose which one i want :)

Ah i see, mine runs mega now with
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Close Combat
Earthquake

EQ is mostly for aegislash so i can spam it without worrying about King's shield attack drop. And thanks to Adaptability, Bullet Punch hits with the same power as Extremespeed

ricz

Can someone confirm that for me? I read somewhere that if you ev train your pokemon and complete the evs (wich can be done in 10 mins or less wwith pokerus + hordes + power item) you can just give rare candies till it reaches lv 100, because the stats wont get any more higher, even if you train level by level
Is that true?

Kreayshawn

Can someone confirm that for me? I read somewhere that if you ev train your pokemon and complete the evs (wich can be done in 10 mins or less wwith pokerus + hordes + power item) you can just give rare candies till it reaches lv 100, because the stats wont get any more higher, even if you train level by level
Is that true?

True. I finished EV training my Pokes in less than 10 minutes like that :p only got to level 14 since I trained it in the Day Care to get it started. If I trained it now it wouldn't gain anymore EVs so I can train it on any thing/rare candy it. The base stats are already raised so it won't make any difference.

I wouldn't do that though since its a waste of rare candies.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Ah i see, mine runs mega now with
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Close Combat
Earthquake

EQ is mostly for aegislash so i can spam it without worrying about King's shield attack drop. And thanks to Adaptability, Bullet Punch hits with the same power as Extremespeed

I'm going to pack Bullet Punch on mine. Many ghosts aren't tough anyway (barring the odd Dusclops), and Adaptability Bullet Punch will probably be enough for an OHKO for most aside Chandelure.

srullic

So, this reset bag that erases all previous EVs gained by the pokemon, is thee any limit to how much you can get, and where do you get it?

Rakurai

It's given out randomly if you tap the ordinary punching bag that's present while no special bags are in use.

It's so rare, that I wouldn't even bother with it, personally. Just get a Kee and Maranga Berry and mix them at the juice shop if you want to reset EVs.

Cuthrout

It's given out randomly if you tap the ordinary punching bag that's present while no special bags are in use.

It's so rare, that I wouldn't even bother with it, personally. Just get a Kee and Maranga Berry and mix them at the juice shop if you want to reset EVs.

I had no idea about that! ha ha! Im trying to get another 6 IV male Gastly! Its being a pain in the arse, and I will have to have a separate IV box just for Gastlys!

Status
Not open for further replies.