• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Hmm, that is interesting.

Did you do any Super Training with your team (I'm assuming yes because you said you played with them a lot)? The only other thing I can think of is that at least a few EVs have to come from Super Training, and if you did do a little Super Training with them, then yeah maybe one stat does need to be maxxed out.

Actually I'm reasonably sure I didn't. I have pokemon that are maxed out completely from battles OR completely from super training. So I guess either theory is possible. Atm I don't have any pokemon that are fully trained with spread IVs including super training, spread IVs not including super training, or a pokemon that is fully trained with a max stat not including super training so I can't tell but maybe someone on here could look into it?

Also it seems that the pokemon that are maxed out from battles and have SST locked have the glowing FT icon whereas the ones maxed out from ST with SST unlocked have a non-glowing icon. Not sure if that's related or not but I would've thought if it was to do with unlocking SST then it would be the other way around with the unlocked pokes having the glowing symbol?

Rubbless

I believe to unlock SST you need to do at least one ST regimen, even if your poke is already maxed out. at least thats how it was with my talonflame. Not sure if that was really related to your post, but in any case, maybe it helped someone?

Shiny Budew

Actually I'm reasonably sure I didn't. I have pokemon that are maxed out completely from battles OR completely from super training. So I guess either theory is possible. Atm I don't have any pokemon that are fully trained with spread IVs including super training, spread IVs not including super training, or a pokemon that is fully trained with a max stat not including super training so I can't tell but maybe someone on here could look into it?

Also it seems that the pokemon that are maxed out from battles and have SST locked have the glowing FT icon whereas the ones maxed out from ST with SST unlocked have a non-glowing icon. Not sure if that's related or not but I would've thought if it was to do with unlocking SST then it would be the other way around with the unlocked pokes having the glowing symbol?
Mine glowed until I clicked on it and a message bubble came up saying I had a Fully Trained Pokemon. Maybe try doing the same and if a message bubble comes up, go to the Super Training Regimens and see if shows you Secret Super Training.

magentaman

To unlock the secret trainings you have to get the Super Training to acknowledge it as a fully trained pokemon.
This is either by maxing out its evs in ST, doing a ST with a poke with max evs, or by tapping the glowing strength symbol for one maxed out in battle

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Oh hey, that worked! Clicked on the glowing icon and it's unlocked now. Guess I was making a fuss over nothing lol Thanks guys! :)

magentaman

In what must have been my shortest breed yet i just hatced not one but two 31/31/31/x/31/31 jolly Dragon Dance charmanders. Only took half an hour, now to find something to trade the spare for.

(EDIT: In fact i will gladly trade the spare to someone who will help me get my Charizardite X from my X to my Y)

Last edited:

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I told myself I wouldn't IV breed, yet I found myself up late last night, scanning Reddit for Ditto safaris. I feel so disappoint in myself.

Tsk. Tsk. Are you proud of yourself?

What would be good evs for a marowak?

Last edited:

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
i want to EV train a tyrunt with the moves DDance,stealth rock,fire fang ice/thunder fang,what is a good spread?

Tevatron

Hello there.

I'm currently IVing a Litwick for my team. I got a perfect one (flawless 6 IVs - it took me forever), but the ability was not the one I wanted, it came with flame body, and I wanted infiltrator - the mother did not pass to it this time :(. Should I use it anyways?

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
So. after breeding and evolving Togetics all freaking day I managed to breed a male with perfect IV's HP,Atk,Def,SpDef,SpAtk and crap speed. If I breed it with a timid Ditto holding an everstone Ive got a hella good chance at getting a perfect Togepi right?

Togetic(destiny knot) + timid ditto (everstone) = perfect timid Togepi?

I hope Im doing this right, Im trying to avoid using the speed power item because I want a timid togekiss

killercloud

Yes BeneathTheWaves that should work but still could take a while to get it as you want. There's also a small chance of your speed to become perfect too as that one will be given randomly. I don't know the maths behind it but it'll be low odds. Keep with it though and you'll eventually get the Togkiss you want. Good luck.

Cuthrout

Hello there.

I'm currently IVing a Litwick for my team. I got a perfect one (flawless 6 IVs - it took me forever), but the ability was not the one I wanted, it came with flame body, and I wanted infiltrator - the mother did not pass to it this time :(. Should I use it anyways?

Hey! Well is the Litwick a male or a female? Because if it is a male use it to breed because with 6 IV's on 1 pokemon the chance of getting another 6 IV pokemon is probable! and then you can try and get the Hidden ability! I always keep my 6 IV pokemon they can come in handy and some people might want that ability on that pokemon to run a different set!

CircuitAngel

Hello there.

Up to you, just keep in mind that 5 Perfect IVs is all you realistically need. The 31 Attack IV is basically wasted on Chandelure. If the perfect one you bred is Male, I would just keep breeding it with your highest # of perfect IVs Infiltrator Female until you get an Infiltrator Litwick with the 5 IVs that do matter (HP, Def, SpA, SpD, Speed).

Last edited:

CircuitAngel

So. after breeding and evolving Togetics all freaking day I managed to breed a male with perfect IV's HP,Atk,Def,SpDef,SpAtk and crap speed. If I breed it with a timid Ditto holding an everstone Ive got a hella good chance at getting a perfect Togepi right?

I hope Im doing this right, Im trying to avoid using the speed power item because I want a timid togekiss
Hard to say how "hella good" that chance is without knowing Ditto's IVs. For example, if this is your setup:

Togetic
HP 31
Atk 31
Def 31
SpA 31
SpD 31
Speed 4

Ditto
HP 0
Atk 22
Def 15
SpA 30
SpD 7
Speed 31

Then your chances are pretty piss poor from that coupling. I just ran a similar breeding pair while working on a Shiny Growlithe and that Ditto had 2 Perfect IVs while Growlithe had 4; only 5 eggs out of 121 had 5 perfect IVs, and of those 5, only 3 had the spread I wants (HP, Atk, Def, SpD, Speed). You would be better off breeding that Togetic down until you get an opposite gender Togepi that has a number of perfect IVS, then getting that one to a Togetic and breeding them together.

It all depends on what that Timid Ditto has for perfect IVs.

Ixeilon

PKMN Breeder
Hello there.

You can change to Flash Fire if you want. Just 200 BP :/

You want both parents to have as many max IVs as possible. So the best situation having both male and female Togetic with max IVs in everything but attack.

Cuthrout

You can change to Flash Fire if you want. Just 200 BP :/

You want both parents to have as many max IVs as possible. So the best situation having both male and female Togetic with max IVs in everything but attack.

200 BP isn't actually that much, completing super singles will get you over 200 BP. Attempting super singles also will get you around 100 BP if you try hard. It is a pain that the ability capsule doesn't work to get Hidden Abilities :/ you can spend hours breeding perfect IV's just to get owned by the wrong ability :/.

Tevatron

Cuthrout, CircuitAngel, Ixeilon

Ty for the answers. The 6-IV is a female (yeah, I know, I'm unlucky). And the problem about it being 6-IV is because the parents I'm using only pass the perfect attack stat, since they don't have the Sp. Atk one. I'm breeding two litwicks 5 stats: hp, atk, def, sp. def and speed. Both have the hidden ability, and the female has the right nature (I'm using everstone). I got many 5-IVs on the way, but all of them with very low Sp. Atk, except for this one. I thought about using it to breed a male with perfect Sp. Atk, so I could put it with the current female I'm using to try to get the right one with the hidden ability, since only the female pass it trough. I'm really disappointed.

CircuitAngel

You can get the hidden ability from the male but it is much more rare. I would breed down until you have a Male that covers that SpA hole, and then rebreed it with an Infiltrator Female.

Tevatron

You can get the hidden ability from the male but it is much more rare. I would breed down until you have a Male that covers that SpA hole, and then rebreed it with an Infiltrator Female.

That's exactly what I thought on doing. Though it takes so long :( Oh Lord, why? T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.