• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitara

Obsessive Collector
I also have a ditto with ivs in HP/Defense/Speed.

If I swap this ditto with the defense/special defense one, will I have a better chance of getting all 5 iv's maxed?

Slightly better. The more stats that overlap between parents, the better the chance of that stat being perfect. Two overlapped stats are better than one.

Sealotic

OMG! I hate it when it starts raining right after you begin EV training on some routes. I was training against hordes of Weepinbell and Arbok east of Snowbelle and it starts pouring down rain after about 4 battles. I went south of Laverre and it's pouring down rain there too. I can't EV train my Axew, Archen and Ralts now unless I Super Train them but that will be much slower.

It always happens to me too. I like the Gligar/Weepinbell/Arbok route because after having EV train and complete the dex in one single training area, it's cool to change. But the rain is always there to stop my Sweet Scent. However, the forest (route 20) right beside Snowbelle is actually a good place to train with Trevenants that give 2 Attack EV's and a lot of experience (If you manage to avoid these Foongus...)

MSK

can some one give me a Ditto with good iv's

Try looking at the Friend Safari friend code thread, ask people with Ditto safari's to become friends and then you can catch your own with at least 2 31IV's.
Or ask if someone will trade you a Ditto for something of yours.
And always say please and thank you ;)

Don't come across rude though, like above, it'll make people less likely to help out.

Cuthrout

Try looking at the Friend Safari friend code thread, ask people with Ditto safari's to become friends and then you can catch your own with at least 2 31IV's.
Or ask if someone will trade you a Ditto for something of yours.
And always say please and thank you ;)

Don't come across rude though, like above, it'll make people less likely to help out.

You can also go to the Trading thread...

ok thanks for the help

NightShadow

Hey, does it matter how many perfect IV's you have? I have two Charmander's, one with 4 perfect IV's and one with 5 and I'm wondering if I should train the one with 4 or 5.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Hey, does it matter how many perfect IV's you have? I have two Charmander's, one with 4 perfect IV's and one with 5 and I'm wondering if I should train the one with 4 or 5.
Depends which ones are perfect. If the one with 4 perfects has both Special Attack/Attack (whichever you are planning on using) and Speed while the 5 has only one of those, I personally would use the one with 4 perfect since the two main stats are perfect. Assuming the five-perfect-IV Charmander has all the same perfect IVs as the four-perfect-IV Charmander, you should train the 5-perfect-IV Charmander since it will have just that few more points in HP or Defence or whatever the other stat with perfect IV is.

NightShadow

Depends which ones are perfect. If the one with 4 perfects has both Special Attack/Attack (whichever you are planning on using) and Speed while the 5 has only one of those, I personally would use the one with 4 perfect since the two main stats are perfect. Assuming the five-perfect-IV Charmander has all the same perfect IVs as the four-perfect-IV Charmander, you should train the 5-perfect-IV Charmander since it will have just that few more points in HP or Defence or whatever the other stat with perfect IV is.

Okay, thanks for the answer (All the perfect IV's are in the same stats except HP for the 4 IV one)

Sulfurian

Phew, after a lot of work I finally have my perfect IV'd Blaziken.

As a side question: Do people farm legendaries for their IV's? As in, before X and Y introduced 3 IV's to always be maxed with legendaries. Because sometimes I see people with 6 max Iv's on things like Entei, Rayquaza, Genesect, you name it.

Or is it viable to focus on the nature more, because of their high stats?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Most people use PRNG manipulation in older games to get ideal legendary they want, with flawless IVs and the correct nature.

Cuthrout

Anyone know a decent Mandibuzz EV's and Moveset? I was thinking Impish, 252 HP didnt know whether or not to sacrifice some defense to make it quicker.

Was thinking:

Mandibuzz@Leftovers
Roost
Defog
Foul Play
Knock Off
252HP 200Def 52Spd

But does anyone else have ideas/opinions?

sunny phoenix

hi guys i have a question i have apokemon with 4 moves i wanna pass on its children....is there a way to stop the day care to erase my moves when its leveling up....
i know i could level it up myself to a level that it can no longer learn new moves but it doesnt have perfect iv or nature and i want to replace it with one of its children etc etc

Last edited:

Puma Italia

Anyone know a decent Mandibuzz EV's and Moveset? I was thinking Impish, 252 HP didnt know whether or not to sacrifice some defense to make it quicker.

Was thinking:

Mandibuzz@Leftovers
Roost
Defog
Foul Play
Knock Off
252HP 200Def 52Spd

But does anyone else have ideas/opinions?

Do those speed EVs help you outspeed anything in particular? Otherwise, I'd just go max HP and max Defense.

hi guys i have a question i have apokemon with 4 moves i wanna pass on its children....is there a way to stop the day care to erase my moves when its leveling up....
i know i could level it up myself to a level that it can no longer learn new moves but it doesnt have perfect iv or nature and i want to replace it with one of its children etc etc

I don't think there's a way to stop the Day Care from deleting a move, but I read that they delete moves from top to bottom so if you put the move at the very bottom, it will be deleted last.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

Standard Mandi is 248 HP/216 Def/44 SpDef, which is meant to help it survive two LO Focus Blasts from Timid Landy-I, but also increase its overall special bulk from stuff like Aegidoodle Flash Cannon. If you're playing WiFi, where people probably don't have that, 248 HP/208 Def/52 Spe is a spread with just enough Speed to outrun defensive Rotom-A; otherwise, just go 248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD.

You should probably throw Taunt on that set, as Mandibuzz is pretty fast, and it screws heavily with stallier teams.

No, there isn't. You'd have to remember the moves via Heart Scale once you take it out.

Cuthrout

Standard Mandi is 248 HP/216 Def/44 SpDef, which is meant to help it survive two LO Focus Blasts from Timid Landy-I, but also increase its overall special bulk from stuff like Aegidoodle Flash Cannon. If you're playing WiFi, where people probably don't have that, 248 HP/208 Def/52 Spe is a spread with just enough Speed to outrun defensive Rotom-A; otherwise, just go 248 HP/252 Def/8 SpD.

You should probably throw Taunt on that set, as Mandibuzz is pretty fast, and it screws heavily with stallier teams.

I was running the speed to outspeed Rotom-A, might just run the standard. If considering taunt which move should I swap out? Both knock off and foul play have their uses, knock off being personally more favourable to my team, I don't want to lose defog, as its generally useful.

condor1991

I has a question im trying to get a perfect frokie. I have a frokie with timid nature and ivs in defence, special attack and special defence. Breeding with a ditto with hp and speed. I have the required items on them but i keep getting frokies with hp, def, sp. At, and sp. Def.
Am i just getting unlucky with breeding or am i doing something wrong?
Ive also hatched more then 150 eggs

Last edited:

Sulfurian

I has a question im trying to get a perfect frokie. I have a frokie with timid nature and ivs in defence, special attack and special defence. Breeding with a ditto with hp and speed. I have the required items on them but i keep getting frokies with hp, def, sp. At, and sp. Def.
Am i just getting unlucky with breeding or am i doing something wrong?
Ive also hatched more then 150 eggs

I feel your pain. It's really all about luck. Hopefully you get a 5 or a six on the dice. With the correct ability as well. Try to find a ditto with 3 IV's with overlapping IV's. It shows slightly better results.

Murder Doll

Button Presser
@Sunny Phoenix: You can't stop them but only the moves your pokemon started out with when placed into the day care are passed.

I have confirmed this when breeding Aron with stealth rocks as by the time I had finished both parents where in their 30s having long forgoten stealth rock as a move.

KillerDraco

@Sunny Phoenix: You can't stop them but only the moves your pokemon started out with when placed into the day care are passed.

I have confirmed this when breeding Aron with stealth rocks as by the time I had finished both parents where in their 30s having long forgoten stealth rock as a move.

Fortunately XY has added a mechanic that allows egg moves to be relearned the same way level up moves can be from the Move Relearner. (Assuming they knew the egg move at some point; you can't relearn an egg move they never had).

It's annoying to have to shell out heart scales, but the option is there at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.