• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Super Training/EV/IV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Before it was two eevee that, all together, had at least 8 perfect ivs and yet, never got one with the five I needed. For some odd reason.

Now I got a 6 perfect iv emboar holding everstone to transfer adamant breeding with a female pancham holding destiny knot and no perfect ivs.

With the Eevees, you didn't get one with the five you needed because you statistically had a very small chance of that happening because you were missing 4 IVs. In order to have the best chances of getting a flawless spread of IVs, you NEED to have at least 11 out of the 12 IVs in the Day Care to be flawless.

The Destiny Knot works like this: You have 2 Pokemon in the Day Care. Each has an IV in each stat. Right now, you have one Pokemon with 6 flawless IVs and one Pokemon with 0 flawless IVs. The Destiny Knot will choose 5 stats out of the 6 (HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, SpDef, Spe) at random to take an IV from one of the parents to pass on to the offspring. Let's say it chooses HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, and Sp Def. Now, for each of those stats, ONE of the parents' IVs will be chosen at random to pass on to the offspring. Let's pretend it chooses Emboar/Emboar/Pancham/Emboar/Pancham. Now you have an offspring with 31/31/x/31/x, and the last IV, Speed, is calculated at random. It has a 1/32 chance of being 31. Statistically, it won't be 31. So now, your offspring Pancham is 31/31/x/31/x/x. It has 3 IVs.

If you had your 6IV Emboar and a 5 IV Pancham in the Day Care, who is 31/31/31/31/31/x for example, then that same example that I showed you would now be a 31/31/31/31/31/x offspring because those IVs that the Destiny Knot chose from Pancham are 31s now instead of Xs. When you have more 31 IVs in the Day Care, you are statistically more likely to pass those on to the offspring.

If you want to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pancham from your current 6IV Emboar and 0 IV Pancham, you have a .5% chance of that happening. That means you will have to hatch 200 or more Eggs to get that Pancham. If you have a 6IV and 5IV Pancham in the Day Care, then you have an 8% chance of getting a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pancham, which means you will only have to hatch around 15 eggs to get the spread you want.

Basically, you have to switch in offspring female Pancham with more IVs than the parent, one by one, until you have a 5IV Pancham and a 6IV Emboar in the Day Care together.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
With the Eevees, you didn't get one with the five you needed because you statistically had a very small chance of that happening because you were missing 4 IVs. In order to have the best chances of getting a flawless spread of IVs, you NEED to have at least 11 out of the 12 IVs in the Day Care to be flawless.

The Destiny Knot works like this: You have 2 Pokemon in the Day Care. Each has an IV in each stat. Right now, you have one Pokemon with 6 flawless IVs and one Pokemon with 0 flawless IVs. The Destiny Knot will choose 5 stats out of the 6 (HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, SpDef, Spe) at random to take an IV from one of the parents to pass on to the offspring. Let's say it chooses HP, Atk, Def, Sp Atk, and Sp Def. Now, for each of those stats, ONE of the parents' IVs will be chosen at random to pass on to the offspring. Let's pretend it chooses Emboar/Emboar/Pancham/Emboar/Pancham. Now you have an offspring with 31/31/x/31/x, and the last IV, Speed, is calculated at random. It has a 1/32 chance of being 31. Statistically, it won't be 31. So now, your offspring Pancham is 31/31/x/31/x/x. It has 3 IVs.

If you had your 6IV Emboar and a 5 IV Pancham in the Day Care, who is 31/31/31/31/31/x for example, then that same example that I showed you would now be a 31/31/31/31/31/x offspring because those IVs that the Destiny Knot chose from Pancham are 31s now instead of Xs. When you have more 31 IVs in the Day Care, you are statistically more likely to pass those on to the offspring.

If you want to get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pancham from your current 6IV Emboar and 0 IV Pancham, you have a .5% chance of that happening. That means you will have to hatch 200 or more Eggs to get that Pancham. If you have a 6IV and 5IV Pancham in the Day Care, then you have an 8% chance of getting a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pancham, which means you will only have to hatch around 15 eggs to get the spread you want.

Basically, you have to switch in offspring female Pancham with more IVs than the parent, one by one, until you have a 5IV Pancham and a 6IV Emboar in the Day Care together.

Believe it or not, no guide I've read or seen has explained it as good as you have. I thank you.

GreenKitea

Pokemon breeder
I *finally* hatched a jolly tyrunt with perfect IV in all but special attack. It knows both ice and fire fang as egg moves. Which EV spread is best suited? It will know stone edge, earthquake and the two egg moves listed earlier.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I *finally* hatched a jolly tyrunt with perfect IV in all but special attack. It knows both ice and fire fang as egg moves. Which EV spread is best suited? It will know stone edge, earthquake and the two egg moves listed earlier.

Tyrantrum almost exclusively runs 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP with either Choice Band/Scarf or Life Orb. It has a decent Defense stat, but its HP and Special Defense are so poor that all that you can really do with it is use it as a physical sweeper.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I got a problem. You see, I was trying to breed an Absol with the egg moves, Play Rough,Baton Pass,and Megahorn. Today I went to the Day-Care, and I left a male Mawile (with the moves,Sucker Punch,and Play Rough that just remembered as I gave the lady a Heart Scale for Mawile to learn it earlier before leveling up to learn that move) with a female Absol. But for some some, the offspring didn't learn the move "Play Rough" as it just inherit Sucker Punch,Baton Pass,Me First,and Feint Attack. I've tried to breed a female Absol with a male Dendenne who just learned the move, Play Rough. After I tried that, it didn't inherit Play Rough at all. Is there's something wrong with it?

Leafy Sea Dragon

So my Tynamo evolved into an Eelektross and I hate its new ball. It's freaking harder to deal with Stunfisk now >.>

nothunderstone4them

Edit - After billions of Soda Pops, Hard Stones, and restarting, I did it!1

Last edited:

Thwipster

I'm hoping this is the right thread for this question. After I eventually breed my 5 iv Pokémon, how do I go about leveling it up? Is there a certain way to train them so they keep those stats? I just don't want to waste it after doing all the work to get it. But I'm not sure what the next step is.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I'm hoping this is the right thread for this question. After I eventually breed my 5 iv Pokémon, how do I go about leveling it up? Is there a certain way to train them so they keep those stats? I just don't want to waste it after doing all the work to get it. But I'm not sure what the next step is.

After getting good pokemon, I usually EV train them, so they don't get any EV's that I don't want. When I have Ev trained it, then I just level it up, because it can't get any more EV's.

But I'm so happy to get my 5 IV Starly, which is now Staraptor with EV spread 252 Att/252 Spe/4 Def. She is awesome powerhouse with Choice band.

mapijs

i got a question, if i want 31/31/31/XX/31/31
and i have a 6iv ditto, what pokemon should use?
31/XX/31/31/31/31 or 31/XX/31/XX/31/31
cause i have heard people say that it's better to use a pokemon that doesn't have the IV you don't want

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
i got a question, if i want 31/31/31/XX/31/31
and i have a 6iv ditto, what pokemon should use?
31/XX/31/31/31/31 or 31/XX/31/XX/31/31
cause i have heard people say that it's better to use a pokemon that doesn't have the IV you don't want

Its a rng roulette, each pokemon generated by breeding will get the 5 ivs from either parent and then randomly generate one. It is better if you breed a 6iv with a 6iv, but the chances if getting the random iv one or overlapping ivs thus rendering 1-3 ivs at random do happen. You just have to keeo hatching till the optimal results happen.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I'm now starting to do alot of egg breeding this time around and i'm still confused to the Super training/IV raising. for example: in the past i always used 10 of each stat enhancer (HPUP, Protein, etc) on my pokemon and when it came to the last stat, i could only used 1. Now this time around, that's no longer an option. It's just the super training. Will me training a certain Pokemon with the HP ballon 10 times equal to that of using 10 HPups or what?

I tried to understand on serebii.net page but still not understanding. Anyone have or know of an easier way to explain Super Training and IV raising?

ChicaSkas

I was wondering... I don't know a lot about IV, EV, 5IV, 4IV, ect, ect, values... can any of you recommend a place or thread where I could learn?
I hear people talking about how great it is but it's kinda confusing...

For example, is it good if when I hatch an egg, all 5 stats are the exact same number? (i think it's a good thing but I'm unsure how!)

sorry to be a total noob, thanks! <3
--C.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm now starting to do alot of egg breeding this time around and i'm still confused to the Super training/IV raising. for example: in the past i always used 10 of each stat enhancer (HPUP, Protein, etc) on my pokemon and when it came to the last stat, i could only used 1. Now this time around, that's no longer an option. It's just the super training. Will me training a certain Pokemon with the HP ballon 10 times equal to that of using 10 HPups or what?

I tried to understand on serebii.net page but still not understanding. Anyone have or know of an easier way to explain Super Training and IV raising?

not sure if anyone answered your question yet but i'll do so anyway. there is no 10 increments in super training. you have 3 difficulties and I suggest you use a plkmn who you wont mind messing up the ev spread. chose the pkmn and run through all 3 round or beat the first 12 levels. 1 specific balloon round gives ev in 1 stat that correspond to the old way before super training. so wailord still gives HP ev you only need to beat the first 12 levels once, then you can have them open to all pkmn after that. so that's 18 levels for 3 difficulty levels. you also have 12 extra after that. the last 12 are for those individuals which you have already beaten the first 18 lvls. the extra 12 levels can reward item like stones but no ev's are gained upon completion. you need to beat a certain time limit for the largest rewards in all the 30 levels. to get the last 12 levels I suggest you full train the pkmn first before you complete the first 18 lvl to participate in getting stone (sun, dusk shiny stones etc)

the easy round gives 4 ev to a completed round within time limit. 2nd level gives 8 for completed round. 3rd level gives 12 ev to a stat. you'll get punching bags as a reward. some double your points for a hit some 2x evs upon a successful round. so level 2 completed gives 16 ev points, 3rd stage 12x2=24 ev. you can also find an ev reset bag if you messed up a spread.

the punching bags also award extra EV there are small 1ev, medium 4ev, large 12 ev. you'll see punching bag in bottom right screen, select bag after chosing which pkmn to use it on and tap on the punching bag until pkmn uses ultimate move. you still need to keep track of ev points you add to pkmn in super training.

iv raising is different traits like mischevious, alert to sounds etc. theier randomly assigned upon capture or breeding a pkmn. you can use destiny knot or power item to ensure a better chance for given trait. you can find out the IVs thru Kiloude pkmn center near changing room. that or google serebii pokemon characteristics. it'll give iv spread that tells which 6 stats are better/weaker. id like to post link but I don't seem to be able to put it directly into the post.

you just need to find a ditto/same species or egg group with that trait (male)
to pass to the preferred female species pokemon. find those for the 31 iv traits plenty of siestas, thrash about, capable of taking hits, mischevious, somewhat vain and alert to sounds. use destiny knot or power item to bred and transfer the traits to the offspring. friend safari is very useful as you're guaranteed 2/6 perfect iv. it may take time to pass all those iv to the babies but it works.

the babies get 5-6 stats from the parents, keep in mind you have choice of 10 minimum12 max values from the parents that can be assigned to the baby. so it could take 2 stats from the male and the rest from the female.

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
not sure if anyone answered your question yet but i'll do so anyway. there is no 10 increments in super training. you have 3 difficulties and I suggest you use a plkmn who you wont mind messing up the ev spread. chose the pkmn and run through all 3 round or beat the first 12 levels. 1 specific balloon round gives ev in 1 stat that correspond to the old way before super training. so wailord still gives HP ev you only need to beat the first 12 levels once, then you can have them open to all pkmn after that. so that's 18 levels for 3 difficulty levels. you also have 12 extra after that. the last 12 are for those individuals which you have already beaten the first 18 lvls. the extra 12 levels can reward item like stones but no ev's are gained upon completion. you need to beat a certain time limit for the largest rewards in all the 30 levels. to get the last 12 levels I suggest you full train the pkmn first before you complete the first 18 lvl to participate in getting stone (sun, dusk shiny stones etc)

the easy round gives 4 ev to a completed round within time limit. 2nd level gives 8 for completed round. 3rd level gives 12 ev to a stat. you'll get punching bags as a reward. some double your points for a hit some 2x evs upon a successful round. so level 2 completed gives 16 ev points, 3rd stage 12x2=24 ev. you can also find an ev reset bag if you messed up a spread.

the punching bags also award extra EV there are small 1ev, medium 4ev, large 12 ev. you'll see punching bag in bottom right screen, select bag after chosing which pkmn to use it on and tap on the punching bag until pkmn uses ultimate move. you still need to keep track of ev points you add to pkmn in super training.

iv raising is different traits like mischevious, alert to sounds etc. theier randomly assigned upon capture or breeding a pkmn. you can use destiny knot or power item to ensure a better chance for given trait. you can find out the IVs thru Kiloude pkmn center near changing room. that or google serebii pokemon characteristics. it'll give iv spread that tells which 6 stats are better/weaker. id like to post link but I don't seem to be able to put it directly into the post.

you just need to find a ditto/same species or egg group with that trait (male)
to pass to the preferred female species pokemon. find those for the 31 iv traits plenty of siestas, thrash about, capable of taking hits, mischevious, somewhat vain and alert to sounds. use destiny knot or power item to bred and transfer the traits to the offspring. friend safari is very useful as you're guaranteed 2/6 perfect iv. it may take time to pass all those iv to the babies but it works.

the babies get 5-6 stats from the parents, keep in mind you have choice of 10 minimum12 max values from the parents that can be assigned to the baby. so it could take 2 stats from the male and the rest from the female.

just now saw this. thanks for the reply and the help

nel3

Crimson Dragon
NP, it took me a while to get used to it. theres one thing that I noticed is slower pokemon will have issues with the 12ev reward courses to the point you take so many hits you cant hit the target time. in such cases you can stick to the 8ev rewards to make it to the 252 limit. so far the SPA and speed courses can give you troubles. the magneton and magnezone have homing balls where speed is needed to avoid in time. the 12 ev speed course needs speed to have a decent chance as the ballon shoots balls pretty fast. the 12 ev ATK is pretty easy given you can safely dodge the 3rd atk pattern (rapid fire). eitherway you need to move around quite abit to make a harder target to hit. press left tab to shield yourself but it has a only a few seconds of use before it can be used again.

I recently did get pokerus and have gotten used to it so it takes 20 minutes or less to full train with ev boost items and hordes. you'll be looking at 40-60 minutes per pkmn if you stay on the 8ev reward courses. since I do have pokerus i'll probably be using super training to do specific ev spreads that aren't 252/252/4. btw pokerus does not work with super training. you could still cut down some time with vitamins if you have a stockpile. I don't bother with them and just use the super training for all 252 evs.

Last edited:

gwilt

it seems as if my evs have frozen. i've been training my honchkrow for quite some time now, and for a while it appeared to be maxed and ready to go. a trainer i had somehow missed spotted me, and sent out an altaria, that i happily knocked out, and i noticed on my Super Training screen that the bar had maxed and i had some new special defence evs. i reset the game and have been at it for longer than i care to admit, and i'm not noticing a single change. so, what do i do?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
it seems as if my evs have frozen. i've been training my honchkrow for quite some time now, and for a while it appeared to be maxed and ready to go. a trainer i had somehow missed spotted me, and sent out an altaria, that i happily knocked out, and i noticed on my Super Training screen that the bar had maxed and i had some new special defence evs. i reset the game and have been at it for longer than i care to admit, and i'm not noticing a single change. so, what do i do?

not too sure what you may be referring to but did that altaria give you 2 extra ev? you can max out 2 stats at 252 and the other needs 6 ev to hit 510. 252/252/4 only give 508 so the last 2 ev don't change much at all. the meter looks quite full with a small dark spot at the top with 2 ev missing but he last 2ev fill it.

I super trained my whole team but I left some flaws like I didn't raise my Gengar's defense, now it loses to Pokemon which are faster than it.

Status
Not open for further replies.