• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Superheroes on Campus

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Superheroes on Campus V. 3.1

Like the last two time, this is expected to be a more complicated RPG, so there will be a 12 (as opposed to 8) sentence minimum when posting. Also, I will be a little pickier about sign-ups, so take your time writing them and check that they met (and hopefully exceed) the minimum length for each section. Expect me to be really picky, so you can avoid having to redo sections or being rejected entirely.

Also there will be an inventory requirement like last time, this is expected to be realistic unless you have a power or gadget that changes what’s realistic for you to be able have on hand. My character for example can store infinite small items by making them disappear until she needs them. Another example, might be a hero with super-strength who’d be able to carry items too heavy for others to carry.

So, anyways, go ahead and ask any questions you might have, there are no stupid questions… almost… you know… don’t ask me anything about Twilight or anything like that…

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

You’ve got mail!

Subject: Comic book heroes

Dear fellow students,
Please do not reply to this e-mail with your regular account unless it’s urgent, you’ll understand why in a moment. If you must reply, use a random word or phrase for the subject.

I’ve singled out each of you because I believe you are the kind of people who really want to make this world a better place, and that you may be fully capable of achieving this task. I’ve noticed that each of you has skills and/or talents that make you potential RLS (Real Life Superheroes) candidates. I feel that if we were to come together in order to further hone our skills and take advantage of each others’ abilities, that we could become even greater than the Superheroes of fantasy.

Anyways, if you are interested in forming a group to promote positive changes in the world then meet me in the C dorms’ commons tonight at midnight. The dorm door code is 2454 for those of you with other housing arrangements. They will be changing it in the morning to coincide with the start of the new month.

Please do not share this e-mail or the code with anyone else. Also, I know it is short notice, but come in a costume (with mask or make-up. If you do not have a mask or make-up there will be a box of simple masquerade masks outside the common room.) to help protect your identity. I will be waiting for you.

~ Bunny
~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Plot:
You are a college student at a large State University. This place pretty much has all the facilities a college student could ever want or need including; a large library, gym and game fields (Go Platypuses!), several dorms, massive lecture halls, and print services. Also located nearby are several convenient services, cheap pizza and sushi, a laundry mat, arcades, tech stores, game stores, and sorority/fraternity houses.

Even before collage you’ve always considered yourself to be unique, whether you have special powers or are just extremely skilled. You have probably even considered the possibility that you could become a real life superhero, if only such things existed. (Er, this is off-topic, but actually they do… and not just on Stan Lee’s show, wikipedia or google it or something if you need to know more.) And now before you someone has offered you as spot on a superhero team. Will you accept?

The RPG will take place AFTER the introductory part of meeting, as hosted by Bunny. As past players may recall, the first version started before the meeting, which was a crucial flaw fixed in version 2.

We’re going to start off at the point where you are deciding whether or not to join (or have decided previously). Additionally you can chose to freelance, be neutral, or become a villain. Freelancers, Neutrals, and Villains also do not have to attend the meeting, because perhaps Bunny did not e-mailed them, or perhaps they did not accepted.

First you needed to figure out a costume. You only had 12 hours, or less depending on when you opened you e-mail, to do this, because most people don’t just have a superhero/villain costume lying around. So unless you’re one of the few who was already preparing to become a superhero, and just figured that a team will make things all the better, your is going to look home-made, like you got it at a thrift shop, or like a Halloween costume that you hung onto. Since this is generally the more realistic case, I expect most people to design their costumes with this in mind, but that does not mean I’m banning more professional costumes. So think about what you actually have (or would have) in your closet/drawers, or could reasonably obtain in 12 hours without skipping classes, and design your costume accordingly.

Then came the matter of making sure you made it so the meeting. Some people were able to stay awake on excitement alone, while others without roommates were able to set their alarm clocks. For everyone else, who falls asleep easy and also has roommate, it was much harder.

The hall was dark and empty, slowly the chosen filed in dressed up in their crime fighting finest. Finest meaning of course, whatever they were able to throw together in 12 hours or less, or actually happened to have on hand because they liked the idea so much already. A small girl enters around 12:01 am; she’s dressed sort of like the deranged spawn of an magician who’d fallen in love with his rabbit, in a white and black suit, with bunny ears poking from her white top hat and black upper face mask:

“Welcome friends, at least I hope to call you friends, you may call me Bunny. I’m so glad there is this much interest in forming this group. Honestly I hoped a few more would show up, but doubted I’d actually get this many, maybe others will come with time. I know everyone here is busy with classes preparing for their future, and that there is going to be a lot of work to get this group running properly, but I hope that you’ll all be willing to join after we discuss this a bit.”

She spreads out a large white handkerchief, with a decorative black bunny head sewn on one corner, on the table next to her. Lifting this away, she reveals that there is now a white laptop there, with a black bunny sticker on it, on the table, which she opens. The screen is empty except for a few icons and a “Teen Titans Go” background.

“So, I’d like to ask that everyone who agrees to join the group, to, after I’m done speaking of course, to come up here and create a new Myhoo account where I and the other members can contact you without putting your regular accounts at jeopardy. Additionally you will find a excel spreadsheet, if you could just copy your new e-mail and type in a name you’d like to use, that would be helpful. I will then e-mail this list to each of you as well as a phone number where you can reach me, so please keep it safe. Eventually I would like to get us all special cell phones with a walkie-talkie feature, but that’s too expensive for the time being.”

“I have however, managed to locate a building that we can use as our headquarters, at least temporally. I’ll be sending you details about how to get there later, please destroy them after reading them. We will also be able to set up training, or even charity events, should the need arise.”

“My thought currently is not to try and lock anyone into a crime fighting shift or sector, but to allow for us to network with one another secretly so that we can further develop our skills and take advantage of each other’s skills through teamwork. Through networking we can also identify gaps in our shifts and available heroes can fill them if possible.”

“So, what do you guys think? Anyone who comes up with suggestions later should send out a group e-mail. I hope that each of you will join me in making our world a better place,” Having finished her speech, Bunny steps aside to allow other access to her laptop.

Players who have decided to join the group should make their way to the table and sign-up when the RPG begins.

If you do not chose to join the group, as indicate previously in you sign-up, you may bow out graciously thanking your host but saying no thanks, bow out with an ominous message of destruction, or force the heroes/group members to throw you out. Or, alternatively you may start your RPG adventure somewhere else plotting your heroic/nefarious future deeds, or being heroic/evil, and having no knowledge of the meeting or group.

That means, if you have chosen not to join the group, you may still join the RPG, as either a heroic freelancer, a neutral freelancer (non-hero, non-villain character, NOT an anti-hero, if you even type that word in your sign-up, I’ll curse your keyboard to experience a liquid death… and you will lose any confidence I had in you…) or as a super-villain. Neutral characters differ from villains because while they only do what will work out best for them and best for anyone they’ve decide they want things to go well for, generally they only hurt people if they really have to, while villains by their very nature hurt others and destroy things to achieve their means, even if they have no specific goal (like the Joker in The Dark Knight).
~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Sign-up form:
(In addition to Heroes, I will accept Villains and both Heroic and Neutral Freelancers, all of which may or may not have attended the meeting. I also reserve the right to deny anyone who I do not feel will be able to meet or keep up with this RPG’s standards.)

Civilian Name: your primary identity

Super Name: Your superhero name

Alignment: Good/Hero, Good/Freelancer, Evil/Villain, or Neutral/Freelancer

Year and Major: what year of college your in and you main area of study, you don’t have to have a major, or even really know anything about your major, it just should be something your character wants to learn about. People in the same/related majors and the same year will attend the same classes. I will also allow professors/instructors if the prospective player proves to be a good enough RPGer.

Powers or Gadgets: You may have 2 powers, or 4 major gadgets, or 1 power and 2 major gadgets. You may also carry some ‘gadgets’ that everyone has access to nowadays, such as cell phones, blackberries, and PDAs. I reserve right to limit your gadgets and powers further if I feel your choices would make you an uber character. Please be specific and use plenty of details. (Preferable no guns other than grapping hooks launchers and flare/smoke guns) Please ask if you wish to break/bend these rules before signing-up, include details of what and why, if it’s reasonable I’ll give it consideration. You are not required however, to have any powers or gadgets. Also note any extraordinary natural talents/abilities/skills, such as flexibility, acting, musical, or artistic.

Personality: 6+ sentences on your mental state

Appearance: 5+ sentences on how you look as a student and 5+ sentences on how you look as a super

History: 10+ sentences on your past, both before and at college

Test Intro: Please provide 5+ sentence in which you char, (as a hero/freelancer/villain) meets someone else

Inventory upon arriving at meeting: things you have on your person or in magical type storage other than your costume and mask.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Me:

Civilian Name: Anna White

Super Name: Bunny

Alignment: Good/Hero (Founder)

Year and Major: First year (Freshman), Acting Major; Anna has always enjoyed performing and putting on a facade for other people to enjoy. When she was younger she really got into learning magic tricks and realized she had a real magical power as well. As she got older she realized that acting really was her true passion and decided to peruse it professionally.

Powers or Gadgets: Anna, or Bunny, has the ability to make things appear out of thin air, but only if she put them there. So if she were to make two apples disappear, she could latter make two apples reappear, but only the two that she had earlier disappeared. The items must also be small enough and light enough for her to lift, or she is unable to make them disappear. She usually uses her handkerchief to try and make this look like nothing more than a parlor trick.

Bunny is also flexible, agile, and quite a good actress. For many years she has practiced the skills that allow her to perform additional magic tricks, but these are not real magic. Bunny carries with her a few simple magic trick props such as; cards, coins, and scarves. Additionally she has a cell phone, pocket knife, small tool kit, and a roll of duck tape.

Personality: Anna it a fairly cheery individual, and she enjoys making others happy. This is a big part of why she wants to make the world a better place, because if the world were a better place, everyone might just be a little happier. She likes to solve puzzles and plan things out, but she still has a tendency to be spontaneous and jump into situations before thinking about them all the way. As Bunny, she tries to be more mysterious and a little more cautious, because that is the way she wishes for Bunny to be perceived. Sometimes however, when she gets really excited or into a really stressful/dangerous situation her true personality show through. In these instances she may act too quickly or cry because, for once, she isn’t completely happy.

Appearance: Anna is of medium build and a bit short. She has light tan skin and short curly black hair. Her face is oval in shape with a slightly pointy chin, up-turned nose and dark brown eyes. Normally she wears a clean pink or blue blouse and black slacks. Accessorizing this she wears as black fabric fashion belt with a silver buckle, white socks, and shiny black shoes. When it get cold outside she has a large fluffy blue coat and matching gloves to wear.

Physically Bunny is identical to Anna, but dresses very differently. For pants she wears a pair of white cargo pants which she finds quite comfortable. For shirts, she wears a black blouse underneath a white dress coat. She also wears a black upper face mask and a white top hat with a black ribbon around it, into which she’s sewn a couple of white bunny ears salvaged from a giant Easter bunny plush. For other accessories she wears a white leather belt and, white fabric gloves, and a pair of white snow boots.

History: Anna had a rather pleasant childhood, during which she discovered a deep love for acting and performing which her parents encouraged. She didn’t do any real professional shows, but she got to perform for her friends and family quite a bit. She also discovered she had the ability to actually disappear and reappear objects, which made her magic shows all the more convincing. She never, however, told anyone that her ability was real, because, as you know, a magician never reveals his or her secrets.

In Junior High School she entered drama, which she’d really been looking forward too. She even got to star in her school’s production of Peter Pan as Wendy. She also developed a deep love, obsession even, for superheroes during these years. These bright or darkly clad figures who could brighten any day or defeat any evil, even the evil within their own selves.

In High School she continued Drama, staring in such roles as Romeo and Juliet’s Juliet and the Wizard of Oz’s Dorothy. It was around this time that she started to realize there was more to her obsession with superheroes than a passing need for entertainment. She realized then that she actually wanted to be one, to make the world a better place. She started to develop rough sketches for what would eventually become her superhero costume.

She’d thought about going to a more renowned acting school, but ended up going to the State University which was closer to home and cheaper. College has gone well for her so far, her grades have been pretty good, and she’s managed to find some extra time to get her costume together. For several weeks she’s been noting the people of potential around her and has collected their e-mails in order to send the original e-mail for the meeting.

Test Intro: Bunny leaned against the brick wall of the apartment complex. She wasn’t sure which direction Mike would be coming from, but she shouldn’t be that hard for him to find. She slipped her white handkerchief out of her pocket. She’d been working lately on disappearing one thing while nearly simultaneously making another appear. She stuffed into her fist and made it disappear, then she pinched into the opening in her fist and pulled her red handkerchief of air storage.

“How’d you do that?” asked a small voice. Bunny looked out, then down. A boy, probably 8 or 9, was standing there with a drippy orange popsicle. Bunny smiled, and showed him her empty palm before reforming the fist, “Well see, I just stuff the handkerchief into my hand.” She stuffed it in secretly making it disappear, then spoke again, “Then I just pull it back out.” She pulled out the blue handkerchief.

The boy’s eyes when wide, “Nuh-uh, it’s a trick! Them me how you do that!” He pointed at her, “Tell me now,” while the remaining chunk of orange ice fell from his popsicle stick and splattered over the sidewalk.

Bunny sneered, what a little brat, but tried to reply civilly, “I just told you.”

“You’re a liar,” shouted the boy running off, “I’m gonna tell my dad.”

Inventory upon arriving at meeting:
Large white handkerchief, black bunny head on one corner
Cell phone, white
Deck of cards
Fake gold coin
Fake gold ring
White Laptop with a black Bunny sticker (in air storage)
Plastic wand (in air storage)
3 rainbow scarves of red, blue, and yellow (in air storage)
Pocket knife (in air storage)
Small tool kit (in air storage)
Roll of duck tape (in air storage)

Last edited:

muxiroger

Mu Xi Phi #141
Civilian Name: William "Will" "Hawaii" Landestoy

Super Name: The Great Afa

Alignment: Hero

Year and Major: Will is a Junior and he is majoring in Physical Therapy

Powers: Will has the power of the storm. He is able to produce an electric current through his body and pass it out of his body in waves. He normally uses this power to shoot bullets of electricity from his fingers at enemies, because that is the most simple and easiest way to attack. However, he has one downfall, when his emotions are running on high, he may sometimes lose control of his electricity, i.e. the death of his girlfriend. He has one other downfall, his powers run on what he calls his battery. He can only use a certain amount of electricity before he has to fine some way of powering himself.

He also has the ability to create magnets. He can turn any metal object into a magnet for a short period of time. After about 24 hours even his most powerful magnet will fail. This becomes exceptionally useful on electro-magnetic locks, as he can easily disarm them.

Outside of his super powers, Will is an excellent swimmer. Being raised in American Samoa has its advantages, and familiarity with water is definitely one of them. He has also mastered the art of the Samoan Fire Dance, which is a ritual dance that his ancestors performed during ceremonies. Finally, Will can speak perfect Spanish and Samoan as his dad was Samoan and his mom was Puerto Rican.

Will usually carries with him his cell phone, which is just a basic flip phone that he recieved free with his plan. He is also seen with his iPod and a sea green pocket knife that his three-year-old daughter gave him for father's day earlier in the year.

Personality: Will is extremely outgoing, and very fun to be around. He has a bad problem of acting without thinking, and he does this all the time. Will is extremely outgoing, and will not hesitate to tell you what he's thinking or whats wrong, even if you don't wanna know.

People usually call will Hawaii, because of his pride as a part Samoan. He is often telling stories of his life in Samoa, that is, everything but the day he recieved his powers or the guilt of his discovery of said powers.

The appearance of those powers has lead to extreme guilt within Will. His accidental murder of his ex-girlfriend, has lead him to an extreme change in his lifestyle. He changed from a highschool playboy, into a responsible frat boy, if such a thing exists. He is often performing community service and other volunteer work, in hopes that one day he can forgive himself. He decided that, when he recieved his e-mail, that he might have finally found his chance to forgive himself, even if the world had no idea how his girlfriend and baby-mama was electricuted. However, nobody knows the guilt he has, as he masks it perfectly with his usual exhuberant personality.

When Will needs to clear his head, he often goes swimming after hours at the school's pool. He will use his abilities to walk through the doors and he sends pulses of electricity to freeze the security cameras. He swims late at night, due to fear that he will relax too much and fry everyone near him.

Appearance: Will is 5'9" and weighs 160 pounds, which makes him the perfect size for his position on the football team. He has a dark complection, which matches his Puerto Rican and Samoan heritage. He has extremely dark brown hair, to the point where its almost black, which he'll wear in a number of different ways. Usually, he will wear it in dreadlockes. Will usually wears baggy camo jeans and a black A-shirt.

He also has three tattoos, the first of which is his daughter's face on his left arm. Second, he has the a flag on his right calf, half-Samoan and half-Puerto Rican split down the middle vertically. Finally he has a Samoan prayer inked into his the entirety of his back.

Will decided that for his costume he would wear sky-blue swimming trunks and a white A-shirt. He also used black Samoan war-paint on his face to create a rendition of war paint. He uses a red paint to surround his eyes and stripe down to the sides of his mouth, becoming more narrow the closer it gets to the corners of his mouth. It spikes out in three different directions at his mouth: both downward diagonals and straight down. He covers his tattoos with black Under Armour, which covers everything outside his hands and feet. He wears a sea green Under Armour hood over his head, which he cut a hole for his dreads.

History: Will was born on the island Upolu to a Puerto Rican mother, Gabrielle, and a Samoan father, Eddie. He has a small family with both his parents being the only child, and the same is true of Will. His mother worked full time as the owner of a local sporting goods store, where she met Will's father. His father won every surfing medal the island had to offer, and he raised his son to follow in his footsteps, but Will had a gift his father couldn't match.

Will was easily mastering giant waves by time he hit ten years in age. Two years later, and he was out-surfing his father. He became the hit of Upolu winning dozens of surfing medals throughout all of Samoa and Hawaii. Will continued competitive surfing for the next five years. It was after these five years that Will gained his powers.

It was the Samoan Invitational, at his home island, and Will was the top ranked surfer to enter in the contest. There were five lifeguards on duty, and they were already knee-deep in the water, just in case something happened. I storm rapidly rose while Will was making his way out to the wave. He had just mounted the largest wave of the afternoon when the storm hit. Five different lightning bolts smashed right into Will and then spread throughout the entire area. The five lifeguards were unharmed at that point, but what happened next paralyzed them.

Will sent out a huge surge of electricity that fried every living thing in the next mile of water. All the waterlife immediately rose belly-side-up and the lifeguards were paralyzed for life. Will was rushed to the hospital while he went through a three-hour seizure. The doctors had no idea what had happened when all of a sudden he just stopped. One other surfer was in the water, and he recieved a much higher dosage of electricity. This surge was enough to force doctors to use an experimental procedure to add robotics into body in order to keep his heart and brain working.

The next morning he sent out a wave of magnetism, instantly freezing all the machines in the building, and causing madness as metal objects went flying towards other metal objects due to the magnetism.

He discovered, after a week of trial and error, that he sent out a pulse of electricity at different wavelengths to polarize metal objects. He could even chose the polarity, whether it have a positive or negative charge. It took two more weeks before he completely mastered this power, just in time for his eighteenth birthday.

His second, and scarier power, became known one night about two weeks after his girlfriend of three years gave birth to their child, named Gabrielle, after her grandmother. Will had electricuted his girlfriend, Anna, during the first night out the two had since before his child was born. The doctors had no idea how it had happened, and Will had decided not to turn himself in. He decided that his daughter needed him, and he wanted her to grow up knowing at least one of her parents. Nobody outside of himself and his parents, whom he had told the night it happened, had a clue what had happened, and they blaimed it on an unknown brain failure. Will spent the next month trying to master his electricity, but he would still lose control everytime his emotions rang on high.

Will graduated high school and went to the university on a football scholarship. He was the star wide reciever at his school, and, in his freshman year, he was able to start at the college. He gained the starting spot by using his electric abililty add an extra kick to the impact.

Will had another tough decision to make though: how would he see his daughter if he went to college. His parents made that decision for him, when they bought a house one mile off campus. Will was able to live with his parents until he would find a place to live of his own. That didn't take long, it was only a few months before he found a two bedroom apartment that he could rent for just two hundred a month, which his parents paid for him. They told him he could start paying for it himself, once he graduated. To afford this, Will's mother decided to finally chain her store, after twenty-five years of running the successful store herself. She moved to town to oversee the new store personally. Meanwhile, Eddie became a local swim coach at a nearby high school.

Over his first two years at the college, he made his way up the academic, social, and athletic ladder, after becoming an All-American during his Sophomore year. During his Sophomore year, he decided to tell his friend, who was a Junior at the time, about his abilities, so he could have someone in which to share his stories. People referred to him as "Hawaii" not only because of his dark complection and dreadlockes, but his knowledge and appreciation for the Hawaiian and Samoan culture.

He was checking for an e-mail from his professor when he found the letter from Bunny. That only gave himself one hour to make it to the meeting.

Test Intro: Will looked up at the clock above the pool, and immediately another euphoric rush ran through himself and the pool he surrounded himself in. It was only midnight, and he gave himself another hour before he would eventually head to his apartment. "Knock, knock, son." Eddie Landestoy appeared from the locker room. "I took advantage of your frozen cameras to pick the lock. I figured you'd be here. You always come here when something's wrong. So, what is it?"

Will climbed out of the pool and used his super vibration to dry himself in a matter of seconds. "Gabby...She started asking where her momma is again. I dunno what I'm gonna do when she gets older. I can't hide it from her for long. I know she's gonna find out about me soon, Pop."

Eddie placed his right hand on his son's right shoulder. "I know it's tough, but you'll have to tell Gabs one day. Just make sure she's old enough to keep your secret, and young enough to understand it was an accident. I know you'll do the right thing, Will, you always do. C'mon, let's go get some pizza, I understand that place you like is open 24/7." Eddie walked out the door he picked, and Will followed. He then turned around and reset the lock by turning both sides of the lock into different magnetic polarities. Five seconds later, the cameras began to scan the pool again.

Inventory upon arriving at meeting: Cell phone, Knife, a block of wood, and keys to his Green '04 Camaro.

Last edited:

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
A chance to play as a supervillain in a non-Pokemon related setting? Heck, yeah! Mwhahahaha!

... Puns aside, I'll partake. Though I have one question: Would we be able to switch alliances at any point in the RPG? In other words, could a hero in the group turn into a villain, or a villain into a neutral, and vice-versa?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Pokefan0234: Your character would need to have a decent reason to switch sides, but it's good in theroy.

muxiroger: Okay, let’s work out a couple of kinks here… I know this looks like a lot, but some of it is just me asking for yes/no type of clarification:

First, you need to go back and make his history PG, there may be kids playing this RPG and I realize you probably tried to keep it clean, but his girl’s death still isn’t PG… It’d also help to explain how his parents got rich that they could afford an new house and his apartment.

Next, and just checking, I assume that people call him Hawaii simply based on his looks, but it really has nothing to do with anything else, correct? So that your reference to Upolu is either to the Samoan island, or means he when to Upolu Point in Hawaii for the contest?

Second the ‘power of the storm’ is simply the power of lighting, yes? No rain, clouds, wind, ect? Also since he can apparently dry himself as well, with the molecule speed thing, what are the limits of that power? He seems a bit powerful with that combo… does he have any weaknesses? Does he still experience seizures perhaps?

Also, just curious, were there other surfers in the water when he fried the lifeguards? Anyone who might want revenge on him for being paralyzed for life?

Last edited:

muxiroger

Mu Xi Phi #141
Ok, I've edited it. First off, I wasn't sure of the rating, so I went with the more common PG-13. His power is just over lightning, I went with storm just to vary the language. I enlightened on his parents financial status. I enlightened on his weakness, which is lack of control. And I clarified the Upolu thing.

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
Hey, I remember this RP. I'm going to try and get a sign-up in sometime soon, just posting to let you know I'm interested.

You wouldn't mind if I reworked my old character would you? Well, maybe reworked isn't the right word, more like reinvent I guess.

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
If I wasn't always so intrigued by this RP, I'd curse you. I have to join now. Rasen is back.

Civilian Name: Keaton Bradford (Meaning "to fly over the broad crossing")

Super Name: Rasen (Japanese for Spiral)

Alignment: Good/Hero

Year and Major: Junior, Majoring in English. He's always been engrossed in stories, so he wants to write one of his own.

Powers or Gadgets: Now, Rasen has quite an interesting power; he makes objects spin. Although it seems pointless, it's actually quite usefull. For example, he can make a projectile weapon twice as deadly by increasing its power through rotation, or rotate air molecules to form gusts of wind. He is even capable of spinning at high speeds himself, although the friction usually gives him hot foot. However, his ability only affects himself, and whatever he happens to be touching. Therefore, his powers are usless at a range. By rotating nearby air particles, he can also achieve flight, but this puts a large strain on him, so it is not used often. If nessacary, he can also slow or stop most rotating objects, including those he has put into motion.

To help him in close combat, Rasen wears black fingerless gloves. The gloves are extremely thick, so his hands don't take as much damage from the high speed rotation attacks he preforms. In addition, as a football player, he has high reflexes, and has learned to move very quick and agile to avoid damage. This makes him the type who moves in quick, deals out high damage at close range, and then moves quickly to avoid being counter-attacked.

Personality: Keaton is very quiet, and prefers not to waste time talking. He finds actions much more effective. As such, he can seem cold, or distant at times, but he's really just "relaxing". His teachers have called this "lazy", but they never complain out loud, seeing as he always gets his homework done. Keaton's laid back personality can get annoying at times, especially when his friends need him. He prefers to look upon life in his own words: "The hero always arrives late."

Although he seems like a do-nothing kind of guy, he has a deep love for action. Admittedly, it's mostly in the books and manga he reads, but it also helped encourage him to join the school's American Football team. He spends a fair bit of time in the weight room doing various lifts, hoping to make sure he can protect his teammates in a time of need. His true goal, as a person, is to protect those he cares about. His hopes for a future career include Author and Hermit.

Appearance:

Keaton- A lean, tall, lanky guy. He doesn't seem like the type to play American Football, but then again, he never bulks up. His dark, brown hair is somewhat shaggy, and often hangs just above his blue eyes. He can often be seen wearing an oversized white t-shirt, and slacks (ha ha. "slacks". Get it? He's a slacke- oh forget it). His footwear of choice is a pair of black- get this- moonboots, because he claims they're more comfortable and easy to slip on and off. He is usually seen reading a manga book outside, under a tree or on a bench.

Rasen- Due to the very small amount of time he had before the meeting, Rasen's costume was thrown together very quickly. His mask is similar to that of a ninja, only not covering anything above his nose. Upon his head sits a black-and-white baseball cap, luckily strapped on tightly enough to stay on, but flimsy enough that it doesn't cut off circulation. A long black scarf stands up around his collar, flowing about a meter behind him on both sides, and a black jacket with white lining covers his white t-shirt. The rest of his outfit remains largely the same, but he also adds in a pair of super-thick black fingerless gloves.

History: Keaton was a very quiet boy. His parents divorced while he was still in elementary school, and he ended up living with his mother. His mother didn't have a lot of money, and as a result, had to work two jobs to pay for it. In order to have something to do, Keaton went to the school library, and checked out books.

By middle school, he had become quite the avid reader, and was checking out books far beyond the average reading level. He had also begun reading Manga, prefering it because of the semi-animated action. He had just put down a copy of the latest Shounen Jump when his gym teacher told him to put down the book, as it was his turn to try pitching for his team in baseball.

When the ball was released from his hand, the gym teacher and Keaton's classmates were astonished to see that he had just thrown a perfect curveball. The next pitch was a slider, that seemed to roll off the batter's weapon. Finally, the teacher stepped up, determined to see someone hit that pitch. It was a fastball. The grinding rotation of the ball against the teacher's sheer muscle was a battle to behold, and in the end, it was a draw; the ball had finally stopped, but not before leaving scorch marks on the wooden stick.

In High School, he accidentally walked into the Locker Room while reading, and ended up being drafted for the American Football team. As soon as the coach saw his bullet pass, Keaton took the position of Quarterback.

The team did well, and the sports scholarship allowed him to pay his way into College. He joined the State University, and shortly afterwards, the American Football Team (Go Platypuses!... Platipi? Platis? *shrugs*) where he, again, played quarterback. He majored in English, studying for the chance to be an author. It wasn't until one fateful night, in his Junior year, that he recieved a strange email, telling him to make a costume. And he only had about 10 minutes.

Test Intro: *Whrrrrrrrrrrr!* *SPACK!*

If the reciever hadn't been wearing gloves, he swore he'd have had his hands torn by the spiraling football he had caught. About 30 yards, away, Keaton Bradford picked up another football and sent it spiraling once more, burrowing itself between his teammates' fingers. They had been at it for an hour or so, something that didn't normally happen, but the thrower seemed on edge.

"Hey, Keaton. Cool it. You're gonna take my hand off one of these days!" Richard laughed. The Junior was one of the few people who knew about Keaton's powers, when he had accidentally let a ball spin too fast. Richard had realized that the ball he'd caught wasn't just a normal bullet pass. Upon confrontation, Keaton revealed his abilities, but luckily, Richard proved to be a trustworthy friend- and roommate.

Keaton laughed a little back. "Sorry. I'm just thinking too hard." He pulled out another ball and threw a weaker shot, one that Richard caught one-handed.

"It's about the rivalry game, isn't it?"

The Quarterback grimaced. The Platipi had a long standing rivalry with the University State Echidnas (a fact people found ironic), and the rumor was that they had called in some new super-lineman to make sure of their victory. As if that wasn't enough, the two teams stood at a tie in the win-loss record, after the Platipi had caught up in the past three. Plenty of pressure.

"Don't worry about it-" he paused to grab a high pass. "I think those rumors are false. Even then, our line is pretty tough. You're not too weak yourself."

Whipping another ball forward in a whirl of kinetic energy, Keaton sighed. "Something just doesn't feel right. It's like this isn't what I should use my powers for. Have you ever-"

Richard cut him off. "Felt in the wrong place? Yeah. My dad was the one to pressure me into Football. I just wanted to be a scientist. Create some cool gadgets of some sort maybe." He reached down low to nab a falling ball, and then ran back to place his hand on his friend's shoulder pad. "C'mon. Let's head back to the dorm. You can't tire out that arm of yours."

Monthly Shounen Jump Magazine
Notepad
Pencil
Portable Pencil Sharpener
Cell Phone

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Finished! Ah... I really should create some sane people one day...

Civilian Name: Aaron Caldwell

Super Name: Dementio

Alignment: Evil/Villain

Year and Major: A professional artist (in terms of pencil and paint) in his freshman year.

Powers or Gadgets: In general terms, Aaron (or Dementio) is a user of psychic abilities, powers that can play with the minds of others. However, it is not mind control or levitation that he employs, but rather the art of illusions. By using this ability, Aaron is able to place horrific hallucinations or delusions onto unsuspecting foes – and occasionally friends. While this power cannot actually create matter or control a person’s mind, it can influence a person’s view of their surroundings and cause them to sense objects that don’t truly exist.

This ability can be resisted by those with other superhuman abilities centered around the mind, namely psychics. Once an illusion is broken, it becomes increasingly tiresome for Aaron to place another illusion on the victim. Obviously, this power is centered around the victim having no knowledge that they are witnessing an illusion; should a person know that they are being deceived, they are able to develop more resistance against the illusion.

Aaron also has the ability to teleport. As this power is weakened in comparison to his main ability, it is only used over short distances as a means of escape or quick travel. While teleporting small or portable objects is fairly easy, Aaron cannot teleport larger objects or people unless he applies a higher amount of energy into the teleport, a move that usually leaves him drained afterwards.

Due to a certain circumstance with the state of his mind, Aaron is partially immune to mind-readers and mind-control. Though both conditions still affect him, they are somewhat weakened.

Aaron also carries a sketchbook and a pencil with him at all times. While not a gadget in terms of superhuman abilities, the sketchbook carries some of the most terrible creatures he has concocted over the years. By showing the drawing to his victim, he can cause the drawing to “jump out” of the notebook and attack. While he can create a monster from his mind without the use of the sketchbook, the constant visual of the drawing makes the creature appear more life-like, and is used as a ploy to hide his true abilities, making it appear that his power is located in his pencil and paper than another source.

Personality: On the outside, Aaron is an optimistic, livin’ in the moment freshman who’s as passionate about art as he is about extreme sports. Whether its snowboarding down a rugged mountain or just doodling under the shade of an old oak tree, you can expect that he’ll be there. Sure, he has his moments where things don’t go as planned, where his semi-quick temper flares for a brief moment, but he moves on like the rest of us, right? I mean, he’s relatively kind with a quality of sarcasm, gets his homework done while still finding time to enjoy his life through a busy schedule. A model student, right?
If you believe that illusion, then you’ve fallen right into his trap, my friend. For you see, what appears to be your every-day student is actually a psychotic villain bent on making your life miserable.

The true Aaron is quite different than his public counterpart. His optimistic, determined attitude melts away, leaving a morbid, all-too-peppy interior. All control over his temper disappears into the air. His love for extreme sports quickly turns into a series of death-defying stunts done not by him, but by the people around him. And his innocent drawings take a turn for the darker side, twisting into disgusting revelations. What you thought was good turned into something rotten, didn’t it?

That’s just how Aaron operates. He favorite pastime is to deceive. In fact, he’s made a lifetime off of it. He’s even deceived himself before. He enjoys using his powers to take advantage of people. Missing a homework assignment? No problem; just make your teacher believe that you actually did turn it in. Tired of trying to get someone’s attention. No worries; they’ll realize that they should be trying to get your attention soon enough. Using his powers for his own personal gain is Aaron’s specialty. In fact, he loves his illusions so much that he’ll even place a spell on himself for his own enjoyment.

His true self loves art much more than his public self shows. He constantly thinks up ideas for new drawings, and will suddenly pull out his notebook and start sketching if an inspiration comes to him. Criticism doesn’t come well to him, and while he may appear completely indifferent to a polite complaint, he’ll be steaming mad on the inside. Those who don’t appreciate his art are considered enemies, no questions asked, and are usually the ones who become his victims.

You could say that he’s mad, but that would just be stating something that he already knows. He definitely realizes his insanity. And the worst part? He likes it.

When his illusions are shattered, however, or if he comes upon an opponent that is stronger than he is, he’ll quickly flee the fight through a quick teleport flight. While he may appear to be bold (or, at least, unable to comprehend fear), he’s an exceptional coward. Hurting others from far off is much more painless than having to deal with their rage face-to-face, after all.

Appearance: Aaron stands at a relatively average height and a relatively average weight, if just a bit skinnier than average. His hair is a natural red, cut short and combed down, yet still unruly in certain places. The right side comes down slightly in front of his eyes, and has a semi-black tint around its edges. His eyes are a deep brown, ever-changing in emotion and impossible to read. His mouth almost always fronts a passive smile or grin, only changing in depressing or incredibly boring situations. While there is rarely a trace of his crazy interior in his reflection, an observant person may notice that his gaze may seem as though it were staring past them, at something that doesn’t even exist.

Like his public personality, Aaron’s usual attire is an illusion of normality and sanity. Worn, dirty hiking boots or sneakers that have felt several degrees of pressure but never were replaced after they reached their limit. Casual jeans ripped in the knees, a t-shirt with the logo of a famous band, maybe some black shorts with a white stripe running down each side on a hot day. Don’t expect long-sleeves unless the temperature is below freezing; Aaron has a natural resistance against chills and doesn’t get cold easily. For winter sports, expect navy blue-clad snowboarding gear, black goggles, and a red cap, along with an unusually black snowboard decorated with a yellow-orange lightning pattern.

In superhero, or perhaps, supervillain form, Dementio sports an outfit of dark clothing painted with red dye. Black shoes, deep, black pants with a red line running down the side complete the first half of the costume, while the other half is finished by a sleeveless black shirt with red lines coming down from the shoulders and sides complete the pattern and form a circle in the middle. A ski mask hides any personal identity while still keeping an image of a boy who worked on the set of SAW, and a handy silver watch keeps the time in case a torture session runs slow.

When a victim is trapped in his illusions, however, his outfit quickly changes. The black costume becomes colored in a vibrant display of deep purples, greens, and reds, and ragged tears appear in the cloth. The ski mask is removed to reveal Aaron’s usually orderly hair, now a crimson mess that falls in front of a mask tinted half with an innocent white and half with an evil black that covers all but his mouth. His eyes change to a deep red color, visible through the holes in the mask, and his mouth moves into a wide grin that couldn’t be more happy to watch a victim suffer.

History: When Aaron was born, his parents died in some strange catastrophic tragedy, and because he couldn’t take their deaths, he went insane, right?

Sorry, but that’s not the answer. Thanks for playing, though.

In truth, Aaron’s parents were alive and well. He was the youngest member of their family, beaten by two years by his older brother, Kyle. His family got along in good spirits; there was no talk of divorce, and money was the least of their troubles. Of course, there were times when tempers would peak and things that shouldn’t have been said were said, but their family was relatively stable, and overcame trivial problems like those. It wasn’t a perfect life, but it wasn’t truly terrible, either.

So what caused Aaron to fall into insanity? In some ways, the blame fell on his own hands.

There were outside causes, of course. His father researched the history of diseases mostly related to epidemics and pandemics, while his mother investigated homicides, both of which were rather dark and serious duties. Occasionally, they would discuss their jobs, and, occasionally, their children would accidently overhear. But that wasn’t enough to spawn a psychopath.

No, the true fault fell on Aaron. You see, Aaron was fascinated, nay, obsessed, by morbid things like murder and disease. He wanted to know more and more about them. And, against his parent’s better knowledge, he researched them, doodled about them, even dreamt about them. He would pretend that cooties were the Black Plaque, or that his action figures were being attacked by wolves on a cliff over lava.

Yes, he enjoyed such activities. But his parents thought otherwise. They realized that such activities were bad for his mental health. Quickly, they banned what he considered to be fun, kept him under close watch, and sent him to a psychiatrist, whom he viewed as a prison guard over his own personal hour in jail. After three visits, Aaron realized one thing: not that his practices were wrong – which they were – but that his parents could never find out. And so, he staged his recovery, tear-filled and asking for his evils to be forgiven. It was all a lie, of course. Not that it mattered much to him, anyways.

He went through Junior High with a charade of utmost sanity, only breaking out of his lies when he was safely alone. It was at this time that he learned of his love of drawing. Doodling in class was one of his favorite pastimes, and he realized that he was actually quite good at it. Soon, the doodles evolved into semi-decent drawings, and the semi-decent drawings into decent drawings. Drawing became a passion, a way to express himself and his morbid ideas. Of course, he had to keep his drawings hidden from those around him; occasionally, a piece of one of his designs would be found, and he would lie about its meaning to avoid suspicion. It was a complicated task, but he managed to keep his other self hidden from the rest of the world.

It was around the end of freshman year in Senior High when he first learned to control his powers of illusion. He had known of their existence earlier; occasionally, he would see something that didn’t exist or hear something that couldn’t be heard. People would appear and disappear in a moment’s notice; things would mysteriously go missing, them return a few minutes later. He figured that he had gone insane. But throughout the year, strange things would happen to the people around them. One minute, he was thinking about a tree, the next, a stranger would complain that there was a tree in the hallway, or some other insane idea. Both curious and partially frightened, Aaron tested his ability to see if it was actually him who caused such weird occurrences. He turned a blank sheet of paper in as homework and was given it back, graded, with an A. He peered into his Gym class and watched as his teacher marked him there for the day while staring at an empty space. The power of trickery… who could believe it? It was almost too good to be true. Almost.

Senior High was a breeze when all you needed to pass was the flick of a finger. Aaron pursued his abilities in both illusion and art throughout the years and graduated with flying colors, both true and untrue. He chose to join the State University because it was cheaper, and continued his studies of drawing and art. His habit of lying has shown occasionally in his studies, but his passion for art has motivated him to do most of the work assigned. While he did receive Bunny’s letter, he hadn’t thought about going until a few hours before the group would meet.

Test Intro: The icy winds flew across the snow-covered, rugged terrain that would be the day’s daredevil snowboarding course. Already, the three snow-surfers stood at the peak of the mountain, poised for flight.

“You ready for this, bro?” the first snowboarder asked, playfully punching Aaron in the shoulder.

“Heck, yeah!” Aaron cheered, “Let’s do this!” He placed his goggles over his eyes and checked the latch on his snowboard.

I wonder which one should run into a tree today? Aaron thought, I guess Ethan, since I haven’t messed with him in a while. No, wait… Jordan. He insulted my drawing of a ship caught in a whirlpool yesterday. The nerve! That boy wouldn’t know art if it hit him in the-

“Hey, Aaron,” the second, Jordan, said, “You alright?”

“Yeah, yeah…” Aaron replied, “Sorry… just thinking…”

Shut up, Aaron, the voices in his head raced, Stay on task. Think happy thoughts. Think about Jordan running into an imaginary tree and breaking his neck.

Smiling, Aaron gave a thumbs up, and the three jumped onto the track and roared down the mountain. Blasts of frozen air met their faces, trying to push them back as each snowboard flew down the snow, barely touching the ground. A tree ricocheted past, followed by another piece of foliage. As they flew into an area with little obstacles, the snowboarders lined up.

Suddenly, Jordan swerved to the right, running into a tree to his far side. The impact knocked him around the trunk and over a mound of snow, throwing him down the mountain side.

You see that?! Aaron shouted in his mind as he watched his friend halt to a stop – by running into a log. That’s what you get for criticizing my ART!

Ethan had already pulled up beside Jordan when Aaron arrived. With a look of pure shock on his face, Aaron looked Jordan over. He was unconscious, probably with a concussion, and was bruised up quite a bit from the tumble. Bending over, he checked to see if his victim was still breathing. He was, though Aaron was not quite sure if that was a good thing or not.

“Go get help,” Aaron commanded, “I’ll stay here with Jordan.” Ethan nodded, disappearing down the slope. Once he was a safe distance away, Aaron allowed a smirk to creep onto his face.

“Are you happy?” Aaron whispered, “Are you happy now that you insulted my artwork?” A slight groan crept out of Jordan’s throat. Aaron smiled.

“I thought not.”

- A Swiss Army knife (in right pocket)
- His trademark sketchbook
- A pencil (in right pocket)
- A pencil sharpener (in right pocket)
- A small pebble (in right pocket)
- A black cell phone with a small built-in camera (in left pocket)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Muxiroger: Sorry for the delay in my decision, for the most part everything is good, but I have to decide whether or not your character is overpowered. Also, just curious, where did his super name, Afa, come from?

TheSequelReturns: course not… it’s what I did…

The Black Glove (Keaton, AKA: Rasen): Re-Accepted… Echidnas, hun?

Pokefan0234 (Aaron, Dementio): Accepted…

Last edited:

The Black Glove

The Resident BAMF
The Black Glove (Keaton, AKA: Rasen): Re-Accepted… Echidnas, hun?

The only other mammal that lays eggs. Made sense to me. (After all, the Platypus' only real natural enemy is the Dr. Doofensmirtz, and nobody wants to be named after him.)

muxiroger

Mu Xi Phi #141
Afa is the Samoan word for storm, actually his name took me forever to figure out. I am basing a lot about this character off of a real person.

Shinkagehadou

Origianlity ftw!
Civilian Name: Wallace Keyton

Superhero Name: Afterburner

Alignment: Freelancer/Good

Year and Major: Freshman, Culinary Arts.

Powers and Gadets: The ability to "Talk" to machines, he can communicate with technology telepathically and can mentally activate machines.

He wears a custom made powersuit equipped with four jet boosters on it's back, when activated they enchance Wallace's mobility as well enable the palms to emit flames during or after use provided by the engine disguised as the chest jewel on the front of the suit. However, the suit cannot allow him to fly. The suit is operated soley on Wallace's mind.

Wallace as a civilian, is an average repairman. He has been able to do this since was a kid, via his ability. His cooking skills are subpar, and always leaves his station a mess.

Personality: Wallace is best described as "A rebel with a cause." While he hates authority, he respects it, but denies it when he can get away with it. He chose Cooking because it seemed like an easy "A" and it gives him a chance to express himself. He gets along with his peers and those younger than him. He usually tries to avoid those at least a decade ahead of him or those who are really mature, he feels they ruin everything. As for class, he's rarely late, but is prone to fall asleep if he feels the information is not needed.

As Afterburner he is a pure loner and solves crimes as quick as possible in sometimes very violent ways. He is short on works and even shorter on teamwork.

Appearance: Wallace is a dark skinned male, usually described as having a "Baby face." This simply means he looks young for his age. He has black, short, bushy uncombed hair. His nose homes a horizontal scar along the top, at first it's unnoticable, it is actually a birthmark, not an injury. He wears a brown Hawaiian themed Tshirt, used a grease stain or two on it daily, an open blue jean jacket over it, oddly always clean. A pair of bleach spotted blue jeans, his favorite, and a dirt stained pair of blue, green and white sneakers.

Afterburner is Wallace dressed in a red and white powersuit, similar in style to a Power Ranger. The Helmet completely covers the users entire head and resembles Tekkaman Blade (Teknoman) minus the ears. The palms have open holes that emit fire on command provided from a pure white jewel which is the motor for the suit. On the back, four jet boosters lay, in a square shaped formation. A white "V" shaped vision runs along the center of the helmet.

History: Wallace, since as long as he could remember, was always surrounded by technology. His parents worked endlessly, leaving him with his grandfather, who feel asleep watching him. This allowed Wallace to pretty much fend for himself and one day, and incident with his tongue and an outlet changed his life forever.

During his hospital stay, Wallace developed his new found ability to talk to machines. With this, he learned when they would breakdown and how to fix them. He never told anyone but his grandfather, who he trusted the most. After his Grandad died however, he told the entire family as a last wish from his late Grandpa. The family at first laughed at him, but soon changed their tone when he demonstrated his talent.

Years went by and Wallace developed a love for costume clad heroes, but loved the thought of being one more. He made a self-made powersuit, with no powers and set off into the night. He got beat up, a lot, and started to combine machines to his suit. After many altercations he found what worked and has been stopping crime since.

Now in college, Wallace has become a social butterfly, hitting on almost every female he sees, while paling with the schools toughest guys. He tries to stop crime at night, but most of the time his spotlight or chance is taken.

Test: Afterburner is seen skating the rooftops of the city, a stream of sparks and fire following his evening run. An ear piercing alarm alerts him that a crime is underfoot. He dashes to the scene where to ski-masked men are seen curled over.

"Ugh, let me guess, door buster five finger sale?"

The two criminals groan in pain.
"Not talking, eh?" Afterburner lifts one by the shirt. The robber vomits on Afterburner.

"That's gross dude..."

"...The...the alarm..."

"What? Oh, yeah, vomit enducing security alarms, those things send nasty vibrations confusing your inards, causing you to-"

The bandit pukes again.

"Yeah..."

Items on hand:

Cameraphone

Mp3 Player

Wallet containing driver's license, School ID, and $50.

A Nintendo DS containing Pokemon Pearl.

A backpack holding his costume.

Last edited:

rotrum

Ice Cold
Dr. Doofensmirtz is lucky that Perry had his poison claw (or w.e it is) clipped

I think I've gotten better at RPing after Hotshot's Kami RP..but Its dead so I'll try this...

Civilian Name: Michael Front

Super Name: The Mist Monarch

Alignment: Good/Hero

Year and Major: Freshmen-No Major chosen.

Powers or Gadgets: Michael's main ability is the ability to breath out cool mist by will and then to control it. The Mist can serve as a normal shroud, condense into a small amount of ice or water for a lot of mist, or even affect the weather by going up to the atmosphere and making clouds. The mist can bend light to maximize the ability to shroud and confuse or help allies. It takes time, intense focus, and a lot of energy to create and maintain mist for any amount of time. He fatigues quickly and so far he's only used his powers in a medium-large scale manuever to create snow days, he could only manage this becasue a much lighter snow or heavy rain was already occurring. He can alter his appearance by placing mist at certain points to bend light-but he cannot do it anything else and he retains his general shape, size, and color scheme. He is an adept swimmer.

Personality: Michael is a very quiet and near silent person with a stare that could freeze a person faster then his powers could at their fastest. The best way to describe him would be cold and icy-his monotonous tone and blunt truthfulness (Is that even a word?) are the first things to notice about his speech. Unless he feels he needs to-he will normally be truthful no matter what the other would think of. He dislikes talking or bieng in large groups at all, however. He is quick to criticize and will often call flaws as he sees them from other people. These often make him seem cruel and unkind-but he is actually just too shy to show emotion.

He dislikes showing weakness-but cares more about his safety then he cares about his pride. The only reason he went to the meeting is becasue he figured he could just make himself look different and figure out what is was about-his natural curiosity far exceeded the caution that he held, normally sternly. Due to his lack of emotion that is shown; he is a good actor and often pretends to be like others to learn more-he is very inquisitive-about the way certain people act among other things. It is very rare for him to even flash him temper, but when it happens expect to get stuck in bed or at the doctor's-sick.

Appearance: Michael's favorite color is blue, second is black, and it shows in his clothing preference-in both "forms." He is short for his age and appears younger as well. His hair is black as the night and as messy as if stars actually did divide his hair in random shapes and he has cloudy gray eyes that blankly observe their surroundings. He wears a short sleeve tee that is aqua and thinly, with wide space in between, striped with black lines with half sized white lines on either side of each one (lWlBBlWl.) His pants are shorts that are so dark blue that they could easily resemble black in the rightl ight, or lack thereof. For shoes he wears simple black sneakers.

As The Mist Monarch, he uses lighter shades of blue that he mists into what people see as his costume. Someone who knows the ways of illusions and tricks of the light (Bunny and Dementio, I'm looking at you) would likely be able to see past his outfit. Without the mist, he wears a short sleeve icy blue shirt that stripes with white every few inches. He has a pale blue headband around his forehead that is tight enoguh to not fall-but loose enough that he barely feels it-and rear-view sunglasses that hide his eyes and let him see behind him. A similarly colored (to the headband) scarf wraps around his neck. He wears very loose pale blue pants and continues to wear his black sneakers. The mist that he projects makes him appear like he is wearing a light blue cape from the scarf, sunglasses retained, a cloth over his mouth and nose (drawn from the scarf,) and a robe-like article of clothing instead of a shirt and pants. His sneakers are not visible under the imaginary robe. Someone sensitive in art and color might notice that parts of his clothing are not quite real looking and look more like colored wisps after alot of careful observation. As the mist monarch he also holds a wooden Bo/Staff that is lazily painted extremly light blue-to make it look like ice, however it has a blue tinge in the translucent altered color.

History: Michael lived a life almost as monotonous as his speech at the moment. He was the middle child of an older brother and a younder sister, he got good grades in most subjects, he lazily spent his time loafing, and had a variety of small pets. The pets that he had included two small turtles, a chihuahua, and a large amount of fish that cycled through life, a year or more, death, and the purchase of another fish. He was very smart and used it in his schoolwork, and acted to find out about the social groups that inhabited schools. Other then that-he swam alot and have very high cold tolerance; his favorite season was winter

He would not discover his abilities until he was around 15 and was swimming at a public pool on a hot summer day. He swam around lazily, watching all of the others in the water as he just tried to cool down from the intense heat that the summer sun radiated. One of the times that he ducked beneath the surface of the water he still felt like he was burning as he surfaced from the water and let out the deep breath that he had been holding. At this breath, a mist was expelled and quickly spread and confused the entirety of the area. He certainly felt cooler, but he was incredibly confused-and acted as if he knew nothing about it. Form then on he would test the abilities in simple amounts when he assumed he had privacy and learned several simple abilities-although nothing violent because he thought he'd never need it. If an aggressor ever came he could escape or trap them-he figured. His equal studies in all subjects made him hesitant to pick a major and still is in the deciding phase even after the time.

Test Intro: Michael grimaced as he looked down at his outfit-it was clearly makeshift and even he didn't like the way it looked. He conserved the small amoutn of energy of using his mist until now. He stepped intothe alley and looked around for a moment as he held his hands out bfore him, breathing mist into them and holding thme as it was a solid and not a gas-liquid combination. He then blew on the ball regularly as it floated behind him, his scarf seemed to lengthen as it neared its place until he was wearing a long cape.

He began to work on the next ball when a voice disturbed him, "Thats a nice trick boy, now that I've seen ya Mist-whatever. Give me all you got and I'll spare you" Michael let the mist go as the scarf also stretched over his mouth and nose and turned around to face the man-a gun pointed directly at his heart. He mentally cursed as he slghtly lowered the glasses. His cold eyes stared into the Robber's. His eyes seemed to move like clouds, the man stepped back-distracted and wondering if there was a good reason for him to need sunglasses in his costume. There wasn't. Michael exhaled deeply as mist fileld the air.

The man shifted and shot the gun directly into nothing as they realized theri mistake. The gun, held firmly by the handle by a cold hand, was out of his possession without him noticing. His hand felt numb as the other hand drew a knife and stabbed blindly into the mist-which was so thick you could cut it with a knife (Errr..)

Michael, now fully "transformed," had no idea what to do-he coudl'nt just leave the man there but he wasn't exactly strong enough to take them down. He let otu a sigh as he took the long staff from his back as rushed at the man. After time he'd lose for sure-but a surprise hit to a crucial point would turn the tide of the fight

He span it, seemingly wildly, as he took caution to the knife and aimed for the neck. A block was immedaitely ready as the staff went down for the neck. A small pop of the bo adn he caught it with the other hand and slammed hard into the neck-shoulder area of the man's other side (<---Last Minute Rain from Katekyou Hitman Reborn.) The man crumbled and fell the ground. One more contact from the bo and he was out cold. A sad sigh at the man was all the reaction that Michael gave as he walked away-delayed from his purpose.

-A cell phone
-A wallet
-Some Mints and Gum

jahz

Banned
Ok here's my SU. Sorry about the language in the test intro, given the situation it seemed appropriate but i can cut it out if you don't like it. Also his power may be a bit confusing but I think you'll get it.

Civilian Name: Stanley Whelan

Super Name: The Enigma

Alignment: Neutral/Freelancer

Year and Major: Junior, Majoring in Maths.

Powers or Gadgets: Stanley has the ability to teleport and has super-human reflexes. With teleporting he’s able to jump between places almost instantaneously; by himself it hardly drains him, however he is able to carry other objects or people through with him. The larger the object the more difficult it is, he once managed a people carrier however he had a difficult time explaining to his roommate how he had ended up passed out on the floor with a seven seat car in his bedroom. Although he doesn’t know for sure Stan’s theory is that if he tries to flux (his own word for teleporting) to large an object he’ll kill himself. His reflexes are astounding, cat-like in fact. He tends to carry a blunted cane and no opponent with a sword has managed to lay a touch on him, he can even block bullets from a standard pistol- machine guns prove too much though.

Stanley is a practical maths genius and has been enrolled on a specialist programme. His exceptional talents have caught the eyes of many and he was enrolled at Oxford university 2 years early.

Personality: Stanley is quite an outgoing person at heart, however he doesn’t really have much of a social life: once his parents discovered his talent for maths they had him working round the clock every day, constantly pushing him to achieve. This and the grades he receives at school have resulted in bullying at school from some of the ‘less advanced students’, leaving Stanley with very little confidence.

He’s very talkative once he gets going however, some would go as far to say it’s tedious: When in fact he’s just desperate for attention. Stanley is often very confused; he doesn’t know what to do with his powers or how he should use them. He’s a very moral person and will not hesitate to give you his feelings on a situation but he’s manipulated, often doing whatever any tells him to do.

Because of the constant harassment he receives from those around him he can sometimes be very dark and cruel, subtly punishing those who hurt him. He’s probably leaning more towards ‘the dark side’ in his current state, as a pose to being a hero.

Appearance:
Student: Stanley is pretty average height-maybe slightly taller- he stands at 6’1ft tall. He’s got quite a stocky build but is unaware of his strength- even though he’s still not the strongest guy around. He has deep blue eyes which have a certain lost glazing over them and light brown wavy hair; he’s actually quite attractive but doesn’t really try and make himself look good: being a social outcast he has no reason to impress girls. His usual clothing is Dark blue jeans, slightly faded and scuffed on the knees with a green striped polo shirt. He likes converse shoes and often dons a shabby black and white pair, although he sometimes wears sports shoes instead.

Super: Enigma’s costume is rather disturbing, Stan likes the idea of the whole ‘nobody should ever see your face, preserve your secret identity’ crap. He wears a see-through black mask; it’s made of a tight fitting black material so that facial features are distinguishable but not recognisable. He dons a black leather jacket with 3 purple slash marks across the back; a spiky studded belt hangs loosely around his waist. Black jeans are his usual apparel and these are topped off with a shabby pair of black converse shoes; He likes the idea of an all black outfit so all accessories are black as well-watches etc. He wears leather fingerless gloves with studded knuckles which come very handy in close combat.

History: Stanley was always smart, and he knew it. At primary school those awful teachers would drone on for hours, constantly repeating things he had learnt a thousand times before. They never really noticed his talent, simply dismissing him as another arrogant bratty child. He would often insult them hurling a volley of furious abuse across the classroom; his actions never went unnoticed and he soon become the frequent visitor to the head teacher’s (principal to Americans) office. This all changed when he reached secondary school his teacher immediately recognised his talent and set his mind on pushing the boy, Stanley relished the challenge and in his first year took his maths GCSE and got top marks A*. A year and a half later he had his maths A-Level, he was good at other subjects but nowhere near as good as he was at maths. He competed in the national junior mathematics challenge taking second place. By this time he was in year 11, a scout from Oxford University offered him a place and their advanced programme- he took it without a second thought.

Although he enjoyed his maths Stanley was under constant pressure from his parents, they would batter him with new theories and tests to prove or complete, eventually his passion burned out and was replaced by volatile fury. He grew depressed and was exhausted but the work was relentless, arguments became more frequent until he couldn’t take it anymore. Stan didn’t really know exactly what happened after that, he and his dad were having one of their worst arguments yet, eventually his dad ended up striking him across the face. In a moment of madness brought on by rage Stan attacked his dad, his dad was around sixty and his heart couldn't cope with the extremities. He had a severe heart attack and stayed in intensive care for six weeks.

Stan ran (lol) he stole £1000 from his mum’s bank account and fled, taking the first available plane from Heathrow airport to Los Angeles. He worked in a small time business as a secretary before applying to UCLA for a maths scholarship; he got in and is currently in the second year of his degree. He refuses to use his full potential as a mathematician as he fears it could draw attention and he will be sent home. Stan likes UCLA because there’s nobody there that knew him previously he has started a new life and is popular, one of the favoured members on the basketball team. However he is still haunted by nightmares and suffers from chronic depression, hiding it from his friends he is often found crying in his room at night.
10+ sentences on your past, both before and at college

Test Intro:
“Freeze! Put your hands in the air!” The burly policeman yelled

“Crap!” Stan swore as he looked desperately around; It was an abandoned skyscraper there had to be an exit.

“Take off the mask and put your hands in the air!”

“I don’t want to hurt you.”

“What? Don’t give me that crap one last time, put your hands in the air!” Two more cops had arrived to back him up by this time, Stan began to shake- this was getting out of hand.

“Please. I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Right, that’s it!” The large African American pulled out a gun from his holster. Stan hurtled up the nearest staircase. “****!” The cops yelled “Shoot him!” A loud clatter of bullets echoed as they ricocheted around the stairwell.

“Why?” Stan screamed, turning around. “Why do you always do this to me?” He looked up at the sky, endlessly searching for an answer. There were now five policemen running after him and he knew he couldn’t transform before they pumped him full of bullets; it was them, or him. “I’m so sorry.” He whispered. He hid behind one of the massive support beams that held up the tower, the team of cops spread around the room. As they entered his line of sigh he picked them off one by one, rupturing their windpipes. He was exhausted and scared, killing a cop didn’t go unnoticed, where could he go to be safe. He lay down on the dusty floor, crying himself to sleep trying to forget what he had just done.

6 sided Dice
smoke bomb
Silver coin
i-Phone
Watch
Black cane rounded with a steel ball tip

Last edited:

muxiroger

Mu Xi Phi #141
I edited my SU to give Will a limited supply of power, shouldn't make him overpowered anymore.