• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

supernatural phenomena thread

Lindseey

trouble trouble trouble trouble
just saw it thought it was recent but it was closed this is my kind of thread.

talk about the supernatural the creepy the ghostly the paranormal the unexplained. eeeeven if you don't really believe in it lol

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Thanks for starting up a new one.

I had an experience once in an old building. Was waiting for a friend, when I felt a cold breeze go by. Not a natural one, as it was warm inside the building. It felt like a person walking by. It was an experience that I'll never forget.

WalesNote

I've seen shows like Paranormal Witness and A Haunting.
Had some scary stuff there, particularly the one with the werewolf in the cabin on the Paranormal Witness show. Scary. (The Cabin Ghost in the Garden)

Edit: removed copyrighted material from the post (don't post episodes of shows here on the forum, thank you)

Last edited by a moderator:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
You might want to remove that tv episode as it's against the rules to post illegal content.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I used to believe in ghosts until I realized most paranormal shows fit into the category of "shows where nothing happens." Fact is they're mainly selling advertisements but maybe someday they'll be one commercial break from finding ghosts/aliens/bigfoot/cryptids.

Closest thing to a paranormal experience I'd say is when I was visiting Gettysburg, Pennsylvania on a school trip. We were walking by a graveyard and I was taking pictures with a digital camera. Before taking one picture the facial recognition box appeared and focused on a specific area. After taking the picture I zoomed in on it and found a very blurry image of what I'd describe as a woman with long black hair wearing a white dress or gown. I wasn't able to go inside the graveyard since my tour group had to keep moving. Who knows if it was a actual ghost or just a statue.

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
I’ve had some experiences with the paranormal before. Most of them deal with lights that are coming from nowhere.
Whoa explain that... like a light falling from the sky and then disappearing. That sort of happened to me once.

Also I believe evolution into obtaining superhuman abilities is a thing and we are slowly adapting... I have researched people around the world with different abilities, all pretty much subtle, but if the years go by, would become noticeable. I think I developed one of my own but it is so subtle that I can often take it as coincidence... but it happens far too many times.

SerenaRulez

I don't normally believe in ghosts and stuff but the other day my bathroom light was turned on even though I was all alone at home. My memory is really strong so I know that I didn't just leave it on by accident. :(

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Whoa explain that... like a light falling from the sky and then disappearing. That sort of happened to me once.
More than that. There were times when I was about six when I’d wake up in the morning only to see this blinding white light shining directly into my eyes for a minute before disappearing. This happened several times. My sister tried to explain it as the lights coming from a distance down the road in front from a truck in the night but had no other explanations when I told it was directly in my eyes and happened at six thirty in the morning when the sun was shining brightly and didn’t face the window during that time of day. Other than that in my one apartment, I’d see these tiny glittering orbs of light floating in the air not moving occasionally when there was no other light sources on or no sunlight shining in. Imagine specks of chunky glitter and you have something similar to what these things were.

Nyter

Island Challenger
More than that. There were times when I was about six when I’d wake up in the morning only to see this blinding white light shining directly into my eyes for a minute before disappearing. This happened several times. My sister tried to explain it as the lights coming from a distance down the road in front from a truck in the night but had no other explanations when I told it was directly in my eyes and happened at six thirty in the morning when the sun was shining brightly and didn’t face the window during that time of day. Other than that in my one apartment, I’d see these tiny glittering orbs of light floating in the air not moving occasionally when there was no other light sources on or no sunlight shining in. Imagine specks of chunky glitter and you have something similar to what these things were.
Whats the most recent time that has happened?

WalesNote

There was one time when I saw this jet/plane thing in the air. Reminded me of batman. It flew behind a cloud and disappeared, then appeared elsewhere before going behind another cloud and appearing in the opposite direction, then turned and flew off. Scary.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
As I see it the belief in the supernatural, paranormal, or anything spiritual is something everyone has to explore individually. It's not something that everyone will be able to describe or experience the same way.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Whats the most recent time that has happened?
I haven’t seen the orbs in over three years but it seemed to only happen for me in that apartment. The entire building was old so it could have been a benevolent spirit of someone that died in the apartment that never wanted to leave their home. Nothing bad ever happened from these light orbs but I had to get out of the apartment mainly due to excessively loud neighbors screaming at each other at all hours of the day and I only had three grounded outlets and no A/C and the apartment maintenance refused to put in more grounded outlets so that I could get an A/C unit by giving me this lame excuse that the building was too old to put that type of outlets in which I knew for a fact that was a lie because I stayed in another apartment temporarily for a month in the same building that had grounded outlets throughout the apartment.

Never really had anything paranormal happening to me (I'm one of those super scientific people, so I always think there's some perfectly explainable reason behind everything, or that there's some things we haven't discovered yet but might be explainable in the future).

One thing did kinda spook me though. I was on a trip with some friends in the south of the country where we stumbled upon an old run down abandoned house. I took some pics from the outside and when I checked them later that day, saw what kinda looked like the face of a person looking out of one of the windows but sort of distorted. We went back the other day and actually went inside (the door was open) but there was nothing abnormal about the place apart of being run down. Didn't went upstairs cause it was all wood and who knows maybe it was rotten so I wasn't going up those stairs. Didn't went down the basement either cause that's the recipe for a horror movie.

I'm sure the face-like thing was just a play of light though. It was sunny and there were a lot of trees, so it's probably the light in between leaves refracting from a window and me and my friends having pareidolia. Some people I've shown the pic to don't even see anything in it so I'm pretty sure it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

If anyone wants to see the pic, here it is:
dUBYBVV.jpg

Nodqfan

My family and I used to live in this old house and we all had a paranormal experience. My dad saw a ghostly Confederate Solider walking up the stairs leading to the bedroom he shared with my mom he and the soldier locked eyes for a second and then it turned and walked through the wall.

Then my sister saw a ghost peek into her room as well as hearing her name called by little girls. Also, neighbors would hear the sounds of children playing when weren't home.

As for me, I swear I saw a doppelganger although it wasn't me it was an of a kid whose family we were really good friends with so we had him stay over at our house one night and I was in my room preparing to go sleep and then I saw something that looked exactly like him standing in my doorway and then when I blinked it was gone and the weird part was he was already asleep. So I'm left questioning what exactly I saw that night.

SerenaRulez

Never really had anything paranormal happening to me (I'm one of those super scientific people, so I always think there's some perfectly explainable reason behind everything, or that there's some things we haven't discovered yet but might be explainable in the future).

One thing did kinda spook me though. I was on a trip with some friends in the south of the country where we stumbled upon an old run down abandoned house. I took some pics from the outside and when I checked them later that day, saw what kinda looked like the face of a person looking out of one of the windows but sort of distorted. We went back the other day and actually went inside (the door was open) but there was nothing abnormal about the place apart of being run down. Didn't went upstairs cause it was all wood and who knows maybe it was rotten so I wasn't going up those stairs. Didn't went down the basement either cause that's the recipe for a horror movie.

I'm sure the face-like thing was just a play of light though. It was sunny and there were a lot of trees, so it's probably the light in between leaves refracting from a window and me and my friends having pareidolia. Some people I've shown the pic to don't even see anything in it so I'm pretty sure it's just my eyes playing tricks on me.

If anyone wants to see the pic, here it is:
dUBYBVV.jpg

I can see a weird smudge on one of the windows but it could be explained lots of ways. I've seen photos of faces on windows before that are supposed to be ghosts or spirits but I believe that there is always an explanation. :)

I've seen strange things before and I've heard voices when there was nobody else around! I think it could be supernatural but it could also be my senses playing tricks on me :(