• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Supernatural Phenomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.

emawerna

@AWildMew and @Neriifur, some things are paranormal and some things are not.

Things that ARE NOT:
1) You will find co-incidences when you are looking for them and miss them when you aren’t.

2) Déjà vu itself is mostly a trick of the mind. More or less, information can take more than one route through your brain. If it takes a faster route and a slower route, your reaction to the slower route information is “I have already seen this before/this has already happened.” The channel Vsauce on Youtube had a good explanation of this.

3) Also, vague familiarity. Something can remind you of something else quite a bit without you realizing it. Example: I have been to Pompeii. I had the reaction of “I have been here before,” but later realized that it was because Pompeii is the same dull grayish landscape of a modern city with roads and buildings and even sewer drains stretching in all directions. Sure, the roads were cobblestone had huge ruts in them, the buildings were dilapidated, and other details were off; but, it looked enough like a modern city that it seemed eerily familiar.

4) As a general rule, you shouldn’t hear or see things that others don’t. If some spirit is physically manifesting itself in sound or sight and someone else is present, they should hear and see the same thing. If they don’t, it IS your imagination, and there is medication for that. It’s hard to tell if you are alone.
Psychic (non-physical) manifestations, if you’re sensitive to them, are words/thoughts/ideas that you hear but don’t interpret as external sounds/sights. I know it doesn’t make much sense as I said it. Imagine your mother speaking using your mind or try to create a mental image of her sitting beside you. It’s like that but from an external source. Occasionally, it is more dramatic than that, but it shouldn’t “replace reality.”

5) How to have a paranormal experience. If you are NOT sensitive to spirits, do as I say. If you ARE sensitive, do not follow this advice! You could get hurt.
It takes some planning. Search for old burial grounds back when there were far fewer people on earth than there are now (these would be ones that are at least 3,000 years old.) Find a couple dozen. Next, look for ones that are close (as in next door) to current hospitals, convalescent homes, and/or funeral homes. This should be only a few. During winter or whenever it is cold and at about 1AM-3AM, walk alone or in a small group towards the old burial ground (or ideally between the old burial ground and the hospital). Then, stop. One of you should slowly lie down on the ground and stay there for 20 minutes to a half an hour. Then, get up and briskly walk away. Repeat once at each of the locations you’ve identified.
Demons are real. They LOVE dying humans. If you want to get a physical manifestation of the spirit world, tease a demon.

Things that ARE paranormal:
There’s a good type and a bad type. The good type either just follows you around without saying anything or follows you around gives you advice about your life (particularly about your personal life.) You can talk to them or try to avoid talking to them. But, if you express an interest in talking with them, they WILL talk to you. They aren’t all powerful, certainly don’t control random coincidences in your life, and can determine future lottery numbers just as easily as you can (which is not at all). Some (if not all) are significantly smarter and much longer lived than humans, so their advice is worth listening to. Also, most natural disasters (as opposed to unplanned human made disasters and lottery numbers) are not actually random, so they might have that sort of info for you.
Very few people are sensitive to them on a permanent basis and are almost always sensitive from birth. The good type follows these people around exclusively.
The bad type tries to hurt you or tries to get you to hurt yourself. They generally can’t tell one human from another. So, mentally yell at them to make them go away and then move to a large apartment building. The very few people I mentioned above are the same people that are most at risk from these things on a permanent, ongoing basis. Another (much larger group of people) are intermittently vulnerable to these things. Most people who consider themselves psychic are actually in this larger group and probably shouldn’t be messing around with the spirit world.

You can believe me or you can choose not to. It’s as simple as that.

Consider this though:
Evolution favors wings because they allow an animal to fly and because it is beneficial to fly. Eyes evolved many times because it allows animals to find food or to prevent themselves from becoming food. You don’t develop senses or body features because it is “cool” to have them or so that philosophers can better determine the meaning of existence or to collect knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

If there is something out there that you can’t outrun or outsmart and at least some of which are harmful, evolution invests in defenses not detection. Hence, a plant can’t outrun a deer and so has no eyes or brain but has thorns, hard exteriors, and/or is poisonous. You only see what is beneficial to you to see, and evolution shields you from the rest.

As for scientific instruments, they, for the most part, duplicate our senses just with greater sensitivity. The data that is collected is ALWAYS interpreted by a human brain using human senses and is extremely biased towards human perception for those reasons. We can’t even determine how smart dolphins are for sure because they live in a world primarily of sound, not of vision. Dolphins process sounds 10 times faster than us and vision at 1/10th the speed as us. We talk too slow to have a real time discussion with them and would do any type of sign language too fast for them to process.

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
If you have less than 10 posts in your count, then it might be it, yes.

I am thinking... maybe it is some memory from a past life? It is not unheard of people remembering their past lives, although it is extremely rare... maybe... for that brief amount of time, you remembered something from your past life... maybe you were living in Germany in it?

Funny thing about a possible past life time in Germany, before my mental break down, I felt the urge to do these meditations out of nowhere. I don't know what I did wrong, but I started having these really odd physical symptoms before my "break down". My hands/spine felt tingly, like it was being electrocuted, seeing lights, feeling of high pressure on the top of my open (almost like it was being split open), massive headaches, heating up, etc.

It was surreal, terrifying. I wouldn't stop speaking German so I was sent somewhere to recover. While there, it was like WWII Germany was phasing in and out of my daily life. Something kept whispering "spiritual emergency" while I was there wigging out and refusing to shower, thinking I would die if I did.

I gradually recovered on my own, I just snapped out of it, and I went to college with no further incidents. I thought about it more, and I thought I might of had a brain injury or something serious. I was afraid it might come up again but the next time I'd die or something. So I typed in those physical symptoms and something came up called a Kundalini awakening.

Kundalini Syndrome
Kundalini Awakening

The hair stood on the back of my head as I saw it mention, "spiritual emergency" and that activation of the Kundalini could trigger past lifetimes. I noped out of there and left it relatively untouched since then. Sure, I discuss it here and then, but I won't try those meditations again until I have people more experienced around me.

I really wish I could still speak German. That was cool.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Usually, whenever I go to a place I have never been to before, I feel sure that I HAVE been there before. But it only happens for a very short duration, as you said. And I am also pretty sure I have not seen that place in pictures, but been there before in person.
I know what you mean and with my pre-emptive dreams, they happen about 1 month before the event occurs, In these dreams I see and hear everything, then I forget (The weird part is I feel like I've forgotten but I can still see a certain part of it in my mind) and then 1 month later I experience the pre-emptive dream, it makes me scared because I might see someone die then experience it and I would be in a lot of shock and maybe a coma if its that bad

Mew The Gato

We cannot technically confirm that something is a coincidence.

Déjà vu itself is mostly a trick of the mind.

But we have not researched the mind fully, yet. Consciousness itself is paranormal - we have no solid explanation for how our brains and minds developed to be capable of thought.

As a general rule, you shouldn’t hear or see things that others don’t. If some spirit is physically manifesting itself in sound or sight and someone else is present, they should hear and see the same thing. If they don’t, it IS your imagination, and there is medication for that. It’s hard to tell if you are alone.

But there are many such beliefs that things can choose who to communicate with. If someone is sensitive to the paranormal events, they may logically be the only one to hear it. For example, animals can detect low frequencies which we cannot. This can apply to a group of humans, too - someone hears and someone does not.

How to have a paranormal experience. If you are NOT sensitive to spirits, do as I say. If you ARE sensitive, do not follow this advice! You could get hurt.
It takes some planning. Search for old burial grounds back when there were far fewer people on earth than there are now (these would be ones that are at least 3,000 years old.) Find a couple dozen. Next, look for ones that are close (as in next door) to current hospitals, convalescent homes, and/or funeral homes. This should be only a few. During winter or whenever it is cold and at about 1AM-3AM, walk alone or in a small group towards the old burial ground (or ideally between the old burial ground and the hospital). Then, stop. One of you should slowly lie down on the ground and stay there for 20 minutes to a half an hour. Then, get up and briskly walk away. Repeat once at each of the locations you’ve identified.
Demons are real. They LOVE dying humans. If you want to get a physical manifestation of the spirit world, tease a demon.

I believe in spirits, but you are acting like all the spirits are the same. They are NOT. All of them do not behave similarly. Surely, their minds would be developed enough to maintain a great degree of difference between thoughts. And these actions are referred so commonly, but rarely does it work. Most instances turn up as hoaxes.

Things that ARE paranormal:
There’s a good type and a bad type. The good type either just follows you around without saying anything or follows you around gives you advice about your life (particularly about your personal life.) You can talk to them or try to avoid talking to them. But, if you express an interest in talking with them, they WILL talk to you. They aren’t all powerful, certainly don’t control random coincidences in your life, and can determine future lottery numbers just as easily as you can (which is not at all). Some (if not all) are significantly smarter and much longer lived than humans, so their advice is worth listening to. Also, most natural disasters (as opposed to unplanned human made disasters and lottery numbers) are not actually random, so they might have that sort of info for you.
Very few people are sensitive to them on a permanent basis and are almost always sensitive from birth. The good type follows these people around exclusively.
The bad type tries to hurt you or tries to get you to hurt yourself. They generally can’t tell one human from another. So, mentally yell at them to make them go away and then move to a large apartment building. The very few people I mentioned above are the same people that are most at risk from these things on a permanent, ongoing basis. Another (much larger group of people) are intermittently vulnerable to these things. Most people who consider themselves psychic are actually in this larger group and probably shouldn’t be messing around with the spirit world.

NO Natural Disaster is random. Did you know that the absence of earthquakes would cause all life on Earth to cease to exist? And you first say they are not all powerful, then you say they have influence over natural disasters. Surely, they would not cause earthquakes or any large scale disaster, considering your information about them not having fancy powers or omniscience is correct?

You can believe me or you can choose not to. It’s as simple as that.

I believe some things, I do not believe the others.

Consider this though:
Evolution favors wings because they allow an animal to fly and because it is beneficial to fly. Eyes evolved many times because it allows animals to find food or to prevent themselves from becoming food. You don’t develop senses or body features because it is “cool” to have them or so that philosophers can better determine the meaning of existence or to collect knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

The ability of flight comes at the cost of a HUGE metabolism. Being able to fly is not all good, you are very likely to die of starvation then.

And yes, every body part has a purpose. An useless body part which exists just for "looks" or something is pretty much a burden.

If there is something out there that you can’t outrun or outsmart and at least some of which are harmful, evolution invests in defenses not detection. Hence, a plant can’t outrun a deer and so has no eyes or brain but has thorns, hard exteriors, and/or is poisonous. You only see what is beneficial to you to see, and evolution shields you from the rest.

The very point of evolution is being more capable of survival. Absolutely no more purpose. And no, they always invest in defenses? Tell me just how a deer can directly deal with a cheetah, not outrun it. If evolution was like you said, all food chains would go into chaos.

emawerna

NO Natural Disaster is random.
Seriously? Scientists can predict earthquakes a few minutes beforehand with current technology and the likelihood of an earthquake each decade at a particular location, and common belief holds that dogs and cats can predict earthquakes a few days or weeks in advance. Our inability to predict earthquakes ahead of time is a failure of technology and is a failure that science is actively trying to remedy.

Storm predictions and forest fire predictions have also come very far.

The power of prediction DOES NOT equal the power to control. If prediction meant control, we should take a page out of history and hang any person who can predict solar eclipses as those people should not have such power over the sun and moon.

We’re lucky there aren’t numerous beings out there that are all powerful because the ancients had it right: they would end up fighting each other to the point of endangering us. What I was discussing was not God or God-like creatures.

Being able to fly is not all good, you are very likely to die of starvation then.
I shall let the thousands of successful species of birds and millions of successful species of insects know about your findings.

You missed the point about my whole evolution discussion, and you repeated part of my point with a different flavor. Read more carefully as I was explaining WHY it made sense that we can’t see spirits.

Your bizarre arguments aside I think your real problem can be summarized in two points: 1) you don’t like my list of things that are non-paranormal AND 2) you don’t like the idea of evil spirits/demons.

Just take my suggestion. Find a spot that is as I described Hospital/Funeral/Convalescent Home beside an ancient burial ground. Better yet, where are you? I invite you to my house in DuPage County, Illinois that is less than 1/2 a mile from an ancient burial ground next to a modern hospital.

It still doesn’t like me months after I unintentionally teased him. I hear a train coming almost every time I walk on the road that passes near the burial ground (both the horn and the cars passing). It’s loud enough that it sounds like I am waiting at the crossing guard. The problem is the nearest railroad tracks are a mile away in the wrong direction and train sounds coming from the closer direction are inaudible along that road. The closest line in the correct direction is roughly three miles away. In other words, this is not a real train. I have had other people verify that they also hear the train.

A train is a big object that moves fast and which people get out of the way for. It’s a clever way of telling me I am not welcome there.

45 years ago, they shut down the railroad that DID travel that close to my house and passed by the location where the sounds come from. The tracks have been pulled up, and it was converted into the hiking trail I decided to embark upon last winter in the middle of the night (I couldn’t sleep).

If I do it again (and, FYI, I sat down on a log. I didn’t lie down on the ground), I am sure it will react, probably much worse than it did last time. You are welcome to join me. You won’t continue to think that déjà vu is a true paranormal experience.

Mew The Gato

Seriously? Scientists can predict earthquakes a few minutes beforehand with current technology and the likelihood of an earthquake each decade at a particular location, and common belief holds that dogs and cats can predict earthquakes a few days or weeks in advance. Our inability to predict earthquakes ahead of time is a failure of technology and is a failure that science is actively trying to remedy.

Storm predictions and forest fire predictions have also come very far.

The power of prediction DOES NOT equal the power to control. If prediction meant control, we should take a page out of history and hang any person who can predict solar eclipses as those people should not have such power over the sun and moon.

We’re lucky there aren’t numerous beings out there that are all powerful because the ancients had it right: they would end up fighting each other to the point of endangering us. What I was discussing was not God or God-like creatures.

I meant that, for example, a tsunami does not happen RANDOMLY. It has a cause. An earthquake, for example.

I shall let the thousands of successful species of birds and millions of successful species of insects know about your findings.

Well, just existing and being large in numbers does not mean successful. Part of why humans are so successful is because they have a much lower metabolism. And humans have DEFINITELY been MUCH more successful than birds and insects. There is a reason it is considered the dominant race.

You missed the point about my whole evolution discussion, and you repeated part of my point with a different flavor. Read more carefully as I was explaining WHY it made sense that we can’t see spirits.

You are wrong. I simply did not contradict them. I just contradicted what I disagreed with.

Your bizarre arguments aside I think your real problem can be summarized in two points: 1) you don’t like my list of things that are non-paranormal AND 2) you don’t like the idea of evil spirits/demons.

1) I am providing my points in the debate. I am not acting on bias.

2) That is a completely inaccurate assumption, as I simply meant that spirits are not evil by nature. Their is a HUGE difference between mischievous and malevolent. And for the record, evil things can certainly be honourable.

Just take my suggestion. Find a spot that is as I described Hospital/Funeral/Convalescent Home beside an ancient burial ground. Better yet, where are you? I invite you to my house in DuPage County, Illinois that is less than 1/2 a mile from an ancient burial ground next to a modern hospital.

Well, I have never left my country and I shall never be allowed to simply and randomly go where you are.

And those "methods" about going to funeral, etc. places are too common to be believable. Try again.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I was talking to a mate today after school about the paranormal and such and it turns out that a certain thing that happened last year was Deja-Vu to the both of us

emawerna

Well, I have never left my country and I shall never be allowed to simply and randomly go where you are.

And those "methods" about going to funeral, etc. places are too common to be believable. Try again.

I made the invitation for you to reject. I had to offer before you could turn me down.

You don't understand the spirit world well enough to understand why faking a person being in dire trouble ACTUALLY DOES work and DOES get their attention and that they often hang out where humans have died in the past and where humans are currently dying once a day, once a week, or more frequently than that. All these factors: hospital, old grave yard, and your "act" are entirely related. Winter because it's cold outside. The middle of the night is because it's odd behavior that makes the fake trouble appear more genuine.

The train business I described earlier though is just what he/she/it does on a regular basis. You'd get a better show if you actually go off the road. It is as scary as anything when it happens, but not as much on reflection. On reflection it is just weird and inexplicable.

BTW, looking like you're in trouble is probably going to be more efficient than holding a fake funeral. It's the process of dying that attracts them, not as much someone whose been dead a while. By extension, it is where people WERE BURIED, not where old dead bones are turning into dust. There aren't human remains in my "old graveyard" any more (they were dug up by the railroad) but that doesn't matter because these aren't human souls. If you can't find a suitable graveyard, the hospital element is more important anyway though you'd have to try more times for an experience.

What I believe about what I experienced first-hand is what most societies believed in the past and believe to some degree in the present. Of course, the elements I mentioned are common between me and a lot of other people both past and present. Good. I'm glad.

Besides, why should I believe that your deja vu is not explainable by science when every one else's is? Why should I believe that your coincidences are more meaningful than mine? Mine being driven by pure probability.

The ideal person I would like to come with me IS a skeptic with a firm, level head but who respects evidence (whether conforming or disproving previous beliefs) just as a scientist does. I don't want anyone who is screaming their head off, trying to convince others of spooky chills or the like, or trying to convince others that things that are happening are fake (allowing, of course, the opportunity to survey the territory both before and after that night and the opportunity to follow me around as long as they want to ensure no funny business.)

Mew The Gato

You don't understand the spirit world well enough to understand why faking a person being in dire trouble ACTUALLY DOES work and DOES get their attention and that they often hang out where humans have died in the past and where humans are currently dying once a day, once a week, or more frequently than that. All these factors: hospital, old grave yard, and your "act" are entirely related. Winter because it's cold outside. The middle of the night is because it's odd behavior that makes the fake trouble appear more genuine.

The train business I described earlier though is just what he/she/it does on a regular basis. You'd get a better show if you actually go off the road. It is as scary as anything when it happens, but not as much on reflection. On reflection it is just weird and inexplicable.

BTW, looking like you're in trouble is probably going to be more efficient than holding a fake funeral. It's the process of dying that attracts them, not as much someone whose been dead a while. By extension, it is where people WERE BURIED, not where old dead bones are turning into dust. There aren't human remains in my "old graveyard" any more (they were dug up by the railroad) but that doesn't matter because these aren't human souls. If you can't find a suitable graveyard, the hospital element is more important anyway though you'd have to try more times for an experience.

What I believe about what I experienced first-hand is what most societies believed in the past and believe to some degree in the present. Of course, the elements I mentioned are common between me and a lot of other people both past and present. Good. I'm glad.

Besides, why should I believe that your deja vu is not explainable by science when every one else's is? Why should I believe that your coincidences are more meaningful than mine? Mine being driven by pure probability.

The ideal person I would like to come with me IS a skeptic with a firm, level head but who respects evidence (whether conforming or disproving previous beliefs) just as a scientist does. I don't want anyone who is screaming their head off, trying to convince others of spooky chills or the like, or trying to convince others that things that are happening are fake (allowing, of course, the opportunity to survey the territory both before and after that night and the opportunity to follow me around as long as they want to ensure no funny business.)

Fair enough.

How do you know you understand it well enough?

And they are not all so foolish that they would be tricked.

Furthermore, a big reason I do not agree is because where I live, spirits are said to be very involved in human society. They do not necessarily hang out at graveyards, but the Banyan tree, which is considered sacred where I live. You could sit there on a regular basis and even make friends with the ghosts inhabiting the tree. Also, they are EXTREMELY hard to trick, unlike the spirits which you describe. Most of them are not malevolent, simply mischievous.

Any evidence due to which I could believe you experienced what you did firsthand?

I am not saying that your deja vu, if it is there, is explainable, either. How can you be so sure that it is pure probability?

I am screaming my head off or anything. I am not asking you to pay attention to me, I was simply talking about something else, when we got to the discussion of deja vu. You are acting as if I was screaming for attention, which I obviously was not doing.

emawerna

I am not saying that your deja vu, if it is there, is explainable, either. How can you be so sure that it is pure probability?

I am screaming my head off or anything. I am not asking you to pay attention to me, I was simply talking about something else, when we got to the discussion of deja vu. You are acting as if I was screaming for attention, which I obviously was not doing.

I wasn't saying that you were screaming your head off in our conversation about deja vu. All I said was that I didn't want to invite someone to that area I described by my house that would scream their head off as I hate loud screaming, and it would be counterproductive to bring someone who is easily spooked.

Any evidence due to which I could believe you experienced what you did firsthand?
I've thought about recording it, but here's the issue: just about anything can be faked nowadays. Audio recordings can be manipulated. Photographic evidence went out with double exposure photography in the late 19th century not to mention photoshop. It was very dark both times, so I don't even know of the manifestations were also visual. Anyone who I had tell you they heard the non-existent train has the same credibility as I do.

So, the best I can do is give you instructions that I feel would duplicate my experience or invite you to come with me.

Furthermore, a big reason I do not agree is because where I live, spirits are said to be very involved in human society. They do not necessarily hang out at graveyards, but the Banyan tree, which is considered sacred where I live. You could sit there on a regular basis and even make friends with the ghosts inhabiting the tree. Also, they are EXTREMELY hard to trick, unlike the spirits which you describe. Most of them are not malevolent, simply mischievous.

I did leave part of the story out: I did it twice. The first time is because I get disoriented easily, and I couldn't find the actual trail after walking off of it (there was enough snow on the ground that I could only determine the location of the trail by where the plants weren't). I did research to understand my experience. Then, I went back in deliberately to verify and had another experience. Now I hear the non-existent trains, and I don't go back there.

I interpret what happened based on a non-paranormal experience I had had previously. I was fortunate enough to visit a new private resort in Los Cabos, Mexico on the tip of the baha peninsula. I don't know how much you know about Mexico, but it is arid. This place sees rain a few times a year unless it is hit by a hurricane. The ground isn't all sand but is sandy soil with desert shrubs growing on it. Rain runs off the dry soil rather being absorbed and leaves visible run off tracks in the soil. The sky is almost always a deep blue without any clouds.

I went for a swim in the small pool (water is precious there). I swam back and forth. I happened to look up, and I saw about 8-10 buzzards circling overhead looking at me. From their perspective, I was trapped in a pool of water and was struggling but was unable to get out.

They weren't being malicious by circling overhead, but I had caught their attention. Of course, it was a massive waste of their time to circle overhead. I went back to the same resort a year later after, presumably, many people had been swimming in the interim. I didn't see a single one circling overhead.

These birds were clever enough to understand situations and make determinations based on past experiences, but cleverness only really works after experience. The first few times one has to take the situation for what it looks like.

As clever as the spirits are (much more clever than a person and fully capable of understanding a trick), the first few times they have to take the situation for what it looks like lest they "over-predict" to use a term common to pokemon battling. So, they are liable to be tricked. Having said that, I only expect it to work one or two more times before it stops working near my house.

I didn't address your assertion that they aren't "demons/evil spirits" that you re-mentioned in the last post. I use the term "demons" for a very specific reason. If I use the term "demons," so that their motivations are self-explanatory. If I didn't use that term, I'd risk implying that they are more like the buzzards than I think you are willing to accept. Not malicious, but not acting out of selfless disinterest.

Mischievous ones might simply be motivated by seeking attention. But, question for you: What motivates the others? Also, I have a hard time believing that your culture makes absolutely no connection between these spirits and death.

Mew The Gato

I wasn't saying that you were screaming your head off in our conversation about deja vu. All I said was that I didn't want to invite someone to that area I described by my house that would scream their head off as I hate loud screaming, and it would be counterproductive to bring someone who is easily spooked.

I've thought about recording it, but here's the issue: just about anything can be faked nowadays. Audio recordings can be manipulated. Photographic evidence went out with double exposure photography in the late 19th century not to mention photoshop. It was very dark both times, so I don't even know of the manifestations were also visual. Anyone who I had tell you they heard the non-existent train has the same credibility as I do.

So, the best I can do is give you instructions that I feel would duplicate my experience or invite you to come with me.

I did leave part of the story out: I did it twice. The first time is because I get disoriented easily, and I couldn't find the actual trail after walking off of it (there was enough snow on the ground that I could only determine the location of the trail by where the plants weren't). I did research to understand my experience. Then, I went back in deliberately to verify and had another experience. Now I hear the non-existent trains, and I don't go back there.

I interpret what happened based on a non-paranormal experience I had had previously. I was fortunate enough to visit a new private resort in Los Cabos, Mexico on the tip of the baha peninsula. I don't know how much you know about Mexico, but it is arid. This place sees rain a few times a year unless it is hit by a hurricane. The ground isn't all sand but is sandy soil with desert shrubs growing on it. Rain runs off the dry soil rather being absorbed and leaves visible run off tracks in the soil. The sky is almost always a deep blue without any clouds.

I went for a swim in the small pool (water is precious there). I swam back and forth. I happened to look up, and I saw about 8-10 buzzards circling overhead looking at me. From their perspective, I was trapped in a pool of water and was struggling but was unable to get out.

They weren't being malicious by circling overhead, but I had caught their attention. Of course, it was a massive waste of their time to circle overhead. I went back to the same resort a year later after, presumably, many people had been swimming in the interim. I didn't see a single one circling overhead.

These birds were clever enough to understand situations and make determinations based on past experiences, but cleverness only really works after experience. The first few times one has to take the situation for what it looks like.

As clever as the spirits are (much more clever than a person and fully capable of understanding a trick), the first few times they have to take the situation for what it looks like lest they "over-predict" to use a term common to pokemon battling. So, they are liable to be tricked. Having said that, I only expect it to work one or two more times before it stops working near my house.

I didn't address your assertion that they aren't "demons/evil spirits" that you re-mentioned in the last post. I use the term "demons" for a very specific reason. If I use the term "demons," so that their motivations are self-explanatory. If I didn't use that term, I'd risk implying that they are more like the buzzards than I think you are willing to accept. Not malicious, but not acting out of selfless disinterest.

Mischievous ones might simply be motivated by seeking attention. But, question for you: What motivates the others? Also, I have a hard time believing that your culture makes absolutely no connection between these spirits and death.

I would prefer meeting a ghost anytime over meeting a lizard face to face. And I did not scream when that happened, so do not worry.

Well, yes, the more the world advances in the field of Science, the difficult it gets to distinguish real events from fake ones... that may be a reason for the so called "slipping connections" from the Spirit World.

But why did you leave that part out? Also, that may be a trick of the mind, like deja vu........ but it may not be. And with these details, the latter seems more likely, actually...

So... you mean that your paranormal experiences may be the cause for them to be circling overhead while you were swimming?

Well, yes, over prediction. Like... the opponent has sent out Thundurus-T, while you have Politoed. Thundurus-T uses Hidden Power Ice, thinking you would switch to a Ground or Grass Type, but you do not switch, thus beating Thundurus-T with a powerful STAB Choice Specs Scald which had been boosted in the Rain. I think this is what you mean? Sounds like a "cleverness paradox".

And yes, while intelligence and knowledge are in no way the same, they are interdependent. You cannot utilize intelligence without knowledge and you cannot utilize knowledge without intelligence. Thus, I agree that the same trick from the same person would not work more than a couple of times.

Demons are not always malicious here. There have been good demons and demons here are usually very honourable. They had agreed to help the gods in a time of need, where they could have easily destroy the gods if they had not helped with the task.

No, they are associated with death: they are dead people, but most of them are not malicious. In fact, most of them end up in "Swarga" (Heaven) or "Narga" (Hell). But those who have not received "peace" or have any other unfinished business end up stuck there. Most of them end up to be mischievous, but a rare variant of them are malicious, perhaps taking out their vengeance or anger on another person. Also, rare in this sentence is used only relatively to other spirits.

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
I want to add on that deja vu isn't always a trick of the mind. I've remembered the event before it happened twice in my life, and I changed the outcome by not saying something when, in the dream, I did say something. Surprisingly, every time this happened a teacher was teaching me something. I guess, if it is a gift, it is a pretty useless one.

Mew The Gato

I want to add on that deja vu isn't always a trick of the mind. I've remembered the event before it happened twice in my life, and I changed the outcome by not saying something when, in the dream, I did say something. Surprisingly, every time this happened a teacher was teaching me something. I guess, if it is a gift, it is a pretty useless one.

Well, then, it is more likely that you mistook a paranormal event for deja vu. If that happened, it is most likely to not be deja vu. Note, I said most likely, so it is still possible.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I know how you feel. Sometimes I get a dream before the Deja-Vu happens and sometimes I don't. The pre-empted one I currently remember the most was to do with my maths class last year

Ninfia-Fan

I have no clue if this counts, but:

There is a bright light in the sky, which is often SE from the moon and shines in the west. I figured it was a passing meteor or something, but it's been there for nearly a month. At one point it disappeared, at another, it moved. Though I didn't see it move. I think it might be a star or planet that can only be seen during this time of year.

Also I swear I had De Ja Vu(?) about Pokemon X and Y. I remember having a dream which featured the male playable character catching some pokemon. This was before the games were announced.

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

There is a bright light in the sky, which is often SE from the moon and shines in the west. I figured it was a passing meteor or something, but it's been there for nearly a month. At one point it disappeared, at another, it moved. Though I didn't see it move. I think it might be a star or planet that can only be seen during this time of year.

Also I swear I had De Ja Vu(?) about Pokemon X and Y. I remember having a dream which featured the male playable character catching some pokemon. This was before the games were announced.

Is this like when the clouds once formed a face, once when mysterious eyes appeared in the sky... and when a mysterious light appeared in the sky. But it was brief here, I remember seeing it in the news a long time ago...

So... you foresaw the future? It would have been nice if you had described the dream in the dreams thread...

Ninfia-Fan

Is this like when the clouds once formed a face, once when mysterious eyes appeared in the sky... and when a mysterious light appeared in the sky. But it was brief here, I remember seeing it in the news a long time ago...

So... you foresaw the future? It would have been nice if you had described the dream in the dreams thread...

It might be a star that shines depending on the month and where you are.

Also, I think my brain was just being random; I was barely awake and didn't remember most of it.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I have no idea if this counts but a long time ago when I was travelling interstate by car I looked to the sky and saw a cloud which looked exactly like Yoshi, it had minor details like his boots and his red shell. I now think of it as a Supernatural Phenomenon but I'm still not sure it was excellent luck, I find it quite weird

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

I have no idea if this counts but a long time ago when I was travelling interstate by car I looked to the sky and saw a cloud which looked exactly Yoshi, it had minor details his boots and his red shell. I now think of it as Supernatural Phenomenon but I'm still not sure it was excellent luck, I find it quite weird

This is most likely a trick of the mind, as Yoshi does not have any historical significance or anything. Due to this, it is very unlikely for it to really have appeared there, so this is probably your own creativity creating things in your mind.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I had a premonition (dream of the future) I dreamt my dad moved house, and there was a road with a church at the end, it was a bit wide and many blue and sliver cars were parked on the side.a bowling green was apparently near by. Next morning, dad says he is moving. About a week later I go see where he moved, and the roads are THE SAME as in my dream. I also read a sigh saying "bowling green (insert yards cause I can't remember) away." It was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.