• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Supernatural Phenomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew The Gato

Logic, in itself, is science. And by a base, you mean different sciences, and therefore science is based upon other sciences. So, in short, scientists make their theories based upon other science; however, scientists don't have to believe their theories. Heck, did the person who invented many worlds theory legitimately believe it himself?

People make theories based on other Science, yes, but pure belief in Science would not allow them to do that. Logically, or as you said, scientifically, they have to believe that "XXXXX" is connected to "XXXXX" in "XXXXX", etc, even though it has not been proven by Science. And I believe they do believe their theories, if they propose them.

I don't really believe in the Supernatural stuff, but my friends believe that their house is haunted. And honestly, if I were to ever meet a ghost, it would probably be at their house.

There is this one room where their dog freaks out when it goes in there, and they invited their aunt who does witchcraft in there and when she lit the sage, the smoke didn't rise and just kind of drifted out the door.

Once again, I don't really believe in it. It's interesting nonetheless.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I'm wondering if mediums would sort of work for this topic.

I'd say I'm in a sort of limbo when it comes to the supernatural. I'm not vehemently against the idea, but I'm not really much of a fan either. I'm really interested in seeing a medium though, because one of my friends had a really interesting story of when she went to see one. Basically the man had sat her in with her brother and her mother and started talking about the spirits. She's in the same boat as me, so she was pretty picky with her words. The thing is that this medium was able to tell that she had cystic fibrosis, deduce that she had sent a facebook message to a girl the night before she passed away of cystic fibrosis, and that her mother had actually had a stillbirth that she hadn't told her other kids about.

Considering I've dealt with loss in my life I'm thinking a medium might be an interesting experience, just to say that I tried it. There's no way that one man can figure out that much about a family without some sort of supernatural "existence" involved.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I'm wondering if mediums would sort of work for this topic.

I'd say I'm in a sort of limbo when it comes to the supernatural. I'm not vehemently against the idea, but I'm not really much of a fan either. I'm really interested in seeing a medium though, because one of my friends had a really interesting story of when she went to see one. Basically the man had sat her in with her brother and her mother and started talking about the spirits. She's in the same boat as me, so she was pretty picky with her words. The thing is that this medium was able to tell that she had cystic fibrosis, deduce that she had sent a facebook message to a girl the night before she passed away of cystic fibrosis, and that her mother had actually had a stillbirth that she hadn't told her other kids about.

Considering I've dealt with loss in my life I'm thinking a medium might be an interesting experience, just to say that I tried it. There's no way that one man can figure out that much about a family without some sort of supernatural "existence" involved.

While I do believe in the supernatural. (As some of you may know seeing as, I recognize a few users here from the debate section.) But I personally think that mediums do get their information from a supernatural plane.....But I don't think that its always......A friendly....."spirit"

e6life

Shedinja Trainer
I had a small experience once. I live in a suburb of Toledo, Ohio. In Toledo, there is a building called the Collingwood Arts Center. The building is still in use and is known to be a bit haunted. A few years ago, I took a ghost tour with Kim, a friend of mine. The tour led us, and a few other people, around the building late at night for about an hour. Afterwards, we were all free to explore the building on our own.

Now, at one point while Kim and I were exploring, we were climbing a set of stairs from the basement to the first floor. I was leading the way. As the floor came into view, I caught a glimpse of the hallway door slam. While Kim wasn't high enough to see it, we both heard the slamming of the door, as well as feminine giggling. At first, I thought it was maybe some other people like us, just having some fun, so we decided to follow them. When we opened the door, it only led to a long empty hallway. Now, the doorway was only about 2 meters from the top of the stairs and this hallway was filled with small dormitories, about 10 on each side. I doubt anyone could make their way down the hallway and out the doors on the opposite end in the short time it took us to open the doors, even if they ran. When we made our way to the end of the hallway, Kim says she saw a shadowy figure on the opposite end of the hallway where we had first entered. While I never saw it, Kim swears she saw something to this day, and I have no reason to doubt her. Soon before we left, we talked to the host about our experience, who said that that occurrence was somewhat common in that area of the building.

And that is my only paranormal experience.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this as it hasn't been posted in since 2013. Feel free to make a new thread about it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.