• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Supernatural Phenomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
AWildMew said:
This is most likely a trick of the mind, as Yoshi does not have any historical significance or anything. Due to this, it is very unlikely for it to really have appeared there, so this is probably your own creativity creating things in your mind.
Even so... I know what I saw though, I understand it's not likely to be but history is such a wide word when thought about and Yoshi did have a huge impact with Mario, therefore with little to support it it is still possible but highly unlikely

Mew The Gato

Even so... I know what I saw though, I understand it's not likely to be but history is such a wide word when thought about and Yoshi did have a huge impact with Mario, therefore with little to support it it is still possible but highly unlikely

I had read about a theory in a book which suggested that nature may have some way of "recording" things, like cameras do. Perhaps nature shows these images in some way, too?

And perhaps that is why you saw Yoshi?

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
We cannot technically confirm that something is a coincidence.

But we have not researched the mind fully, yet. Consciousness itself is paranormal - we have no solid explanation for how our brains and minds developed to be capable of thought.

But there are many such beliefs that things can choose who to communicate with. If someone is sensitive to the paranormal events, they may logically be the only one to hear it. For example, animals can detect low frequencies which we cannot. This can apply to a group of humans, too - someone hears and someone does not.

I believe in spirits, but you are acting like all the spirits are the same. They are NOT. All of them do not behave similarly. Surely, their minds would be developed enough to maintain a great degree of difference between thoughts. And these actions are referred so commonly, but rarely does it work. Most instances turn up as hoaxes.

And yes, every body part has a purpose. An useless body part which exists just for "looks" or something is pretty much a burden.

You can explain a created state of consciousness easily through the knowledge of brain electromagnetics and other stimuli in which through interaction with other stimuli, slightly adjusts the properties of the energy in the atoms themselves and the brain. That very energies properties besides providing the structure and bonding throughout the atom, changes through the relationship and evolution of connections and direct neurological paths that eventual overload and overlap through the processing of certain stimuli. Thus stimuli changes the projection on gathered consciousness of singular forms of energy into a complete consciousness,produced and handled by the internal energy that all things are made of.
This projection of the internal is the consciousness is which can easily be effected by purely psychical stimuli through the translation of which through which inturn projects it.

How u been mew :D

You can explain a created state of consciousness easily through the knowledge of brain electromagnetics and other stimuli in which through interaction with other stimuli, slightly adjusts the properties of the energy in the atoms themselves and the brain.
Lol what? EMF studies are inconclusive and certainly don't have the specific effect you mentioned. Sure they seem to have some effect on the brain, but to say they do with any specificity is fraudulent at best. Transcranial stimulation certainly has an effect, but you aren't talking about direct, intentional stimulation of the brain.

Thus stimuli changes the projection on gathered consciousness of singular forms of energy into a complete consciousness,produced and handled by the internal energy that all things are made of.
This projection of the internal is the consciousness is which can easily be effected by purely psychical stimuli through the translation of which through which inturn projects it.
Second sentence is entirely word salad. The first deals with "gathered consciousness", something that doesn't exist. If at any time you resort to calling something "energy", you need to take a step back and re-examine your original assessment. The only thing that all things are made of is various subatomic particles.

AWildMew said:
But we have not researched the mind fully, yet. Consciousness itself is paranormal...
Not paranormal- you said yourself that it had been researched, at least a little. Also, there is strong evidence that suggest the mind to be the center of cognition and consciousness:
1. Brain damage can change a person's personality and thought processes.
2. Cutting off oxygen to the brain results in a loss of consciousness.
3. Brain scans show consistent results when stimulating certain portions of the brain.
The mind is a difficult topic, but it certainly isn't paranormal.

And yes, every body part has a purpose. An useless body part which exists just for "looks" or something is pretty much a burden.
Almost true, but not quite. Vestigial organs exist because we have yet to dispose of them through evolutionary processes, so they do exist for no current reason. They served a purpose long ago, but not now.

Mr.FusRoDah

I had a very mysterious event occur last week. I went to borrow my cousin's Wi-Fi for dream world, and I took a local trail through some woods by a historic grain mill. I happened to have finished tucking and untucking around dusk, and as I was approaching back, I noticed as I got to the last stretch of the trail, before hitting the main road which is about 20 minutes away from my house, there was a strong perfume scent in the air. I had something large fly by my head as I walked under the trees by the southern riverside and lily pads, felt like I was being stalked, and when I finally exited the trail and made it to the church cemetery where the trail opens up, as I went to take a seat, I hear a disembodied giggling of a young female, not a child and definitely not an adult, more like a teen pulling a prank. I hauled it to my house faster than bedbugs from daylight. There was nobody else out there but me, and I believe I was being stalked by something which must've been really bored, to have come after me in the pale full moon light when there's plenty of rednecks it could have been much more easily spooked than I am. I've seen shadow people, and had stuff like this happen before, but none quite as freaky.

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

I had a very mysterious event occur last week. I went to borrow my cousin's Wi-Fi for dream world, and I took a local trail through some woods by a historic grain mill. I happened to have finished tucking and untucking around dusk, and as I was approaching back, I noticed as I got to the last stretch of the trail, before hitting the main road which is about 20 minutes away from my house, there was a strong perfume scent in the air. I had something large fly by my head as I walked under the trees by the southern riverside and lily pads, felt like I was being stalked, and when I finally exited the trail and made it to the church cemetery where the trail opens up, as I went to take a seat, I hear a disembodied giggling of a young female, not a child and definitely not an adult, more like a teen pulling a prank. I hauled it to my house faster than bedbugs from daylight. There was nobody else out there but me, and I believe I was being stalked by something which must've been really bored, to have come after me in the pale full moon light when there's plenty of rednecks it could have been much more easily spooked than I am. I've seen shadow people, and had stuff like this happen before, but none quite as freaky.

Well, time for some skeptic reasoning. That may actually be a teen pulling a prank on you, just as you suggested. Is there someone you know who fits the description?

How large was the thing that flew by our head? It could have been an insect or a bird. Butterflies can be quite large at times.

Also, things would often feel scarier when you experience them for yourself.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
One time while i was walking, i looked behind me and saw an old women walking.

I then looked forward again and spotted her shadow in the corner of my eye.

I looked forward again, glanced over to see her shadow, and it was gone.

I immediately turned around and nobody was there ... O_O"

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
I am thinking... maybe it is some memory from a past life? It is not unheard of people remembering their past lives, although it is extremely rare... maybe... for that brief amount of time, you remembered something from your past life... maybe you were living in Germany in it?

It is either that or there is some consciousness the permeates the universe that can be accessed in certain situations and times. Whenever I tell atheists this story, who then insist I must have known the language somehow, but then I remind them that I can't do something I haven't learned or been exposed to.

So then they must think I'm making it up or lying, in the same way bible thumpers insist that evolutionary evidence must have been planted by the devil; if it conflicts with your world view, deny it. The best skeptics are the ones that are unsure what to think after I tell them this tale.

I'm majoring in biology and computer science. Let me tell you, science looks for things in a very specific matter with very specific methods, and I think it as a whole is currently incapable of finding out about phenomena that is very complex. Not that there is a better discovery method created yet. So science is not the end all be all it is made out to be, although it is a good start.

Look up emergence and physical sciences. Also look up reductionistic science versus holistic science. We put way more emphasis on mathematically describing and finding the relationships within systems that are assumed to be no more than the sum of their parts, but we put almost no emphasis on finding out the relationships of systems that might be more than the sum of their parts.

This reminds me of a story - a true story here in India. A boy in Rajasthan remembered his past life, where he used to be a prince. He could clearly remember his palace... and its location. Guess what? The people went to the place he described. And it was there. The palace was there. And the boy was too young to know about the palace, when even his parents did not. Especially since this incident took place quite long ago, long before the Internet was invented.

Never heard of that case. In all honestly, it probably can be explained by coincidence or knowledge of the places but not remembering how he learned it. It is way harder to explain xenoglossia by natural causes.

Last edited:

Mew The Gato

I then looked forward again and spotted her shadow in the corner of my eye.

I looked forward again, glanced over to see her shadow, and it was gone.

I immediately turned around and nobody was there ... O_O"

Uh... maybe she just walked away...?

Anyway, I have another top tens list of Super Natural Phenomena: http://www.livescience.com/11345-top-ten-unexplained-phenomena.html

Indeed, as it says, Science is powerful, but it cannot solve everything.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
I believed I have experienced what people refer to as astroprojection.
Some time before I turned 10, there were many instances where I sat and watched TV, and after a while I would feel like I was rising from the couch. As soon as I realized I was "floating" away, I would immediately fall back into the couch. I definitely wasn't sleeping. I would try so hard for that to happen again, but never really pulled it off consciously. It would be random. It's been maybe 13 years since the last incident.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Indeed, as it says, Science is powerful, but it cannot solve everything.

Yes it can. As for any "super natural" experiences in my short life, I don't believe anything's happened. I don't believe in something if science can't prove it.

Mew The Gato

Some time before I turned 10, there were many instances where I sat and watched TV, and after a while I would feel like I was rising from the couch. As soon as I realized I was "floating" away, I would immediately fall back into the couch. I definitely wasn't sleeping. I would try so hard for that to happen again, but never really pulled it off consciously. It would be random. It's been maybe 13 years since the last incident.

So... you were about to ascend to a higher Astral Plane, if only temporarily? It is an out of body experience... so how did you feel later?

Yes it can. As for any "super natural" experiences in my short life, I don't believe anything's happened. I don't believe in something if science can't prove it.

It would be hypocritical to an extent, as you may believe in a lot of things that Science has not confirmed. You simply do not know that Science has not confirmed it...

Any scientist, by the way, has to have some belief in things Science cannot prove. Theories would not exist, otherwise.

So, no, Science cannot prove everything, not yet, at least.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
So... you were about to ascend to a higher Astral Plane, if only temporarily? It is an out of body experience... so how did you feel later?

I'm not sure if it could be considered an out of body experience. It felt like I floated away no more than a foot. Now this might sound contradictory to what I said, but afterwards, after coming back down, it felt like a had woken up from a light nap. But I was definitely not asleep.

It would be hypocritical to an extent, as you may believe in a lot of things that Science has not confirmed. You simply do not know that Science has not confirmed it...
This wasn't aimed at me, but what do people believe that science hasn't confirmed? Besides the obvious, which are generally improvable and therefore outside the realm of rationality and falsifiability, I can't think of much.

Any scientist, by the way, has to have some belief in things Science cannot prove. Theories would not exist, otherwise.
You may be right about that first part, aside from the fact that nobody has to believe anything. However, theories (in science) are structurally integral bodies of evidence, interdependent on reality with the goal of explaining a phenomena or observation and are considered fact. A hypothesis in science is the same as a theory to the layman.

So, no, Science cannot prove everything, not yet, at least.
I doubt it will ever be able to prove everything, but it is by far the best method of determining truth that humanity has ever had at their disposal. Most of out existence before science was figuring out how to make a fire.

Mew The Gato

This wasn't aimed at me, but what do people believe that science hasn't confirmed? Besides the obvious, which are generally improvable and therefore outside the realm of rationality and falsifiability, I can't think of much.

You may be right about that first part, aside from the fact that nobody has to believe anything. However, theories (in science) are structurally integral bodies of evidence, interdependent on reality with the goal of explaining a phenomena or observation and are considered fact. A hypothesis in science is the same as a theory to the layman.

I doubt it will ever be able to prove everything, but it is by far the best method of determining truth that humanity has ever had at their disposal. Most of out existence before science was figuring out how to make a fire.

And those things count, so you answered your own question.

Scientists have to logically believe in something that Science has not proven to make theories, even if they are based upon evidence...

Thus, why "Science is powerful, but it cannot solve everything." All methods of research are Science, so indeed.

Scientists have to logically believe in something that Science has not proven to make theories, even if they are based upon evidence...
Since you didn't answer me, out of curiosity, what things do scientists need to base theories on? What truths are necessary, first?

Mew The Gato

In general? They need to have something logically proven as a base, some apparent connections between two distinct things and belief in a connection in whichever way, even if it has not been proven by Science. As far as I know. Please pardon me if I missed something and point it out.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
In general? They need to have something logically proven as a base, some apparent connections between two distinct things and belief in a connection in whichever way, even if it has not been proven by Science. As far as I know. Please pardon me if I missed something and point it out.

Logic, in itself, is science. And by a base, you mean different sciences, and therefore science is based upon other sciences. So, in short, scientists make their theories based upon other science; however, scientists don't have to believe their theories. Heck, did the person who invented many worlds theory legitimately believe it himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.