• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Survey on video games - how have they affected our society?

SuperMariofan64

<- Fabio Montorez
I'm doing research on how video games have affected our society for a college paper. As such, I've created a survey to collect some data. If you would consider yourself as someone who enjoys video games (which I'm assuming most of you do since this site is based around pokemon), I would appreciate if you could complete this. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete. All information will remain confidential and the final paper will not be used for monetary profit. Thank you in advance.

The survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6F6M5TV

Feel free to also discuss how you feel video games have affected our society in this thread. Do they enhance your social interaction, or take away from it? Is "video game addiction" something we should be concerned about, or is it something that people have been over reacting toward?

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Don't worry much about the negatives. But I already answered the survey for you.

For me, I must say that the way you implement the questions is basic for me. The good thing for you to know about your research is specifying on which category do you want to highlight on your video game research. I've done one myself before during my college days as well.

If you are curious on the social studies field of video games, I suggest that you also review the culture of gaming from various countries since culture and nationality affect the view of gaming to the general audience. Right now as a writer, I am also researching on what cultural stereotypes, beliefs, and themes are offensive to the Japanese, the Americans, The Spaniards, and the rest of the world.

Another idea you may consider is how a certain society views any video game. Do the majority see the negatives more than the positives? or is it vice-versa of the former? What are the factors that resulted to those answers.

What if you want ways to teach people on how to truly see a video game's nature properly? That is a thing to mind about since a majority ofo the populace around the world see video games as a stigma to the average man.