• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Survival of the Striaton Gym! (801)

JudySpell

Banned
Cilan episodes tend to disappoint and this was no exception. Morana had a good design and I liked her Glalie but that's it. 5.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was glad to see Chili and Cress again, plus Morana specializing in ice types was interesting. I was amazed by how her Abomasnow covered the field with snow, plus Pansage winning and showing his ability was cool. :]

Leonhart

Imagineer
So Satoshi and his friends arrived at Ganryuu Island, the last island of the Decolora Archipelago. I liked Drago, but since she specialized in Ice-types, I felt that she would've made a much better rival for Iris, instead of terrorizing Dent, Pod, and Corn. Yanappu was so generous when he shared his herb with Yukinooh.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So Morana was just trying to overtake the Gym for fun? Good thing she deserved the loss to Cilan. Also, it was very great to see Cilan's brothers again and get a bit more screen-time before they're probably forgotten again.

Alloutℯ

Banned
A decent episode. It didn't do a whole lot to keep my attention, but I liked Morana for the most part, although I'm not really a fan of the whole half-mask whatever she's got going on.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked Drago, but since she specialized in Ice-types, I felt that she would've made a much better rival for Iris, instead of terrorizing Dent, Pod, and Corn.

I kind of thought that it would've been too late for Iris to get a new rival tho since her team was strong already and BW was coming to an end. I think Morana being a one-time villain who was a 'dojo breaker' was more suitable as an obstacle for Cilan.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Stration gym does not seem like a very safe place considering that at any moment they can lose the gym
It’s a marvelously safe place. Gods, we have cake. Very nice cake. Come and visit sometime! :D

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So, uh, café work aside, I actually bothered to watch this episode.

-“we’re approaching an island!” NO CRAP, KID

-Oh! It’s that one lady from Kalos who I forgot her name! Clemont supremacy!

-History lesson!

-Deadlines! I feel that.

ASH YOU IMBECILIC CHILD

-*ten hours later*

-Pansage is a good boi 10/10 for sure

-APPEASE THE ABOMASNOW

-ABOMASNOW DOES NOT WISH TO BE APPEASED

-GO DIE IN A HOLE LADY, HE WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP

-Go. Die. In. A. Hole. LADY!

-THAT IDIOT JUST INSULTED CRESSIE AAAAAAAAAAAAA

-B A S T A R D

-Cute monkeys being cute.

-He’s a good boi

-CILEY SUPREMACY

-Imagine not remembering the two freaking years you’ve spent with Cilan. Did Iris use Amnesia?

-That’s what friends are for!

-Get a thesaurus, Ash.

-Moral support monkeys!

-Get something with Cloud Nine to negate the hailstorm!

-IMAGINE DISREGARDING TYPE ADVANTAGES WHAT A MOOD

-Remember, kids, it’s not about winning, it’s about having fun!

SANYOUSHIPPING MOMENT KAKDANSNSMAAQMASAAAAAAAAAAAA

-IT’S. ABOUT. HAVING. FUN!

-Remember, kids, show mercy to your opponents.

And she was never seen again…

-AWWWWWWWWW

-He ends up going there in less than episodes anyways, so…

-Daijoubu!

-HECKING FLIP, CRESSIE’S SMILE IS TOO PERFECT AAAAAAAAAAAAA

I ended up skipping a fair portion of this episode because I hate battle sequences hahahaha

vondecayle

Morana is such a great character of the day with such an amazing design! Too bad she only appeared for one episode!

I loved how she beat the crap out of Cilan’s brothers. Love how she kept telling them she was bored. Even if she lost against Cilan, I’m glad they didn’t make her look like a pushover. They put some thought into this episode for sure.

Liked the Sinnoh vs Unova thing.

So basically gym ownership can be transferred by challenge?

Ugh! Yes Iris, people get hungry.

8/10

vondecayle

Marena, just trying to overtake the Gym for fun?
I think she wanted to boost her ego. This was probably another milestone on her bucketlist just to feel more powerful.
You'd think they'd have stronger Pokemon than basic elemental monkeys but I guess they really wanted to stay close to the games and make them pushovers in the anime too
Hahaha
I felt that she would've made a much better rival for Iris,
Yes, but Georgia exists. Although characters can have more than one rival and this one could’ve served another purpose other than just trying to defeat someone from the village of dragons like Georgia. What kind of plot do you think could’ve relate her to Iris? (Other than just Iris just fearing Ice types)