• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Suspects

Vandslaux

All of OU bar 16 Pokemon are Rock or have a type advantage over Rock.

220133_700b.jpg

Poor Terrakion, most of OU hits you SE. I can't think of any other Rock-types though.

ashsinnoh

I'm pretty sure SmashPassing is illegal in NU anyway.

And, in all honesty, Gorebyss isn't hard to counter. For example, it's walled by Quagsire, Regice and (should anyone ever use it) Mantine. It's also outsped and OHKO'd by many scarfers, such as Rotom-S

First of all SS BYSS is legal in NU. Also, i don't think you can call Quagsire wall for Gorebyss because all common sets run HP Grass, which is 2HKO. And if you were to look at NU usage statistics you would see things you mentioned in pretty low percentage. Mantine is unable to do anything bar Toxic, so even if he can take hits, he can't do anything back. Regice is, however, good for that, but the fact that NU most common Pokemon are Sawk and Magmortar doesn't make life easy, even if you have that huge base 200 SpD stat. And the lack of spinners in tier and commonly seen SR hinders you. As you mentioned Scarf Rotom-S is truly one of the best things to deal with Gorebyss even at +2.
And now I would like to say something about metagames itself. Haven't played OU for a while, but I really like the metagame, since I can't say there is something broken at all. The new OU's are doing increadibly good in their new playground. Since I used Mamoswine and Donphan, and numerous other UU's and lower tier Pokemon in OU before tier change, I can easily say that those Pokemon are worth being where they are now. What about NU metagame? I really like how's it going right now. I started playing NU when Gorebyss were on every good or better team. However, just after several weeks before tier change, I could hardly feel his presence at all. A lot of new Pokemon rised from then. That's why I think that NU is, I might say, best meta so far. I just like the diversity in there. Lot of unused stuff that makes players find new ways of dealing with several threads. As for now in my opinion NU is where I'm gonna stay for a while :p (though I'll still play all other tiers)

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Tyranitar, but that just makes a whoppin total of two rock types.

Mainly because rock types are weak to ground, fighting, and water, the most common offensive types in the game. If tyranitar didn't have sand stream, he would be UU. If Terrakion didn't have fighting typing or close combat, he would be in RU. Kinda sad how rock typing cripples everything.

In a way, though, that Rock typing can be a blessing as well. Terrakion's Rock typing is what gives it the incredible power and coverage with its STABs to singlehandedly wipe out teams. Tyranitar's Rock typing, in tandem with Sand Stream, is what makes it one of the best special tanks in that game, easily one of the best answers to the Latis and other random Psychics/Ghosts out there.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
In a way, though, that Rock typing can be a blessing as well. Terrakion's Rock typing is what gives it the incredible power and coverage with its STABs to singlehandedly wipe out teams. Tyranitar's Rock typing, in tandem with Sand Stream, is what makes it one of the best special tanks in that game, easily one of the best answers to the Latis and other random Psychics/Ghosts out there.

Rock is a good offensive typing, but it is far from a good defensive typing. The only reason tyranitar is good defensively is because he has a behemoth defensive stat and 1.5 boost to the special side makes him almost untouchable on the special side.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
First of all SS BYSS is legal in NU. Also, i don't think you can call Quagsire wall for Gorebyss because all common sets run HP Grass, which is 2HKO. And if you were to look at NU usage statistics you would see things you mentioned in pretty low percentage. Mantine is unable to do anything bar Toxic, so even if he can take hits, he can't do anything back. Regice is, however, good for that, but the fact that NU most common Pokemon are Sawk and Magmortar doesn't make life easy, even if you have that huge base 200 SpD stat. And the lack of spinners in tier and commonly seen SR hinders you. As you mentioned Scarf Rotom-S is truly one of the best things to deal with Gorebyss even at +2.
And now I would like to say something about metagames itself. Haven't played OU for a while, but I really like the metagame, since I can't say there is something broken at all. The new OU's are doing increadibly good in their new playground. Since I used Mamoswine and Donphan, and numerous other UU's and lower tier Pokemon in OU before tier change, I can easily say that those Pokemon are worth being where they are now. What about NU metagame? I really like how's it going right now. I started playing NU when Gorebyss were on every good or better team. However, just after several weeks before tier change, I could hardly feel his presence at all. A lot of new Pokemon rised from then. That's why I think that NU is, I might say, best meta so far. I just like the diversity in there. Lot of unused stuff that makes players find new ways of dealing with several threads. As for now in my opinion NU is where I'm gonna stay for a while :p (though I'll still play all other tiers)
Yeah, forgot about the whole HP Grass thing. Haven't played NU in an age.

I only ever use Rotom-S as a counter anyway.