• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Suzume tries some spriting

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
Recently I've started to sprite a little for fun. First I just wanted to sprite some of my fakemon, then I took part in some Weekly Spriting Contests here, and lately I've done some revamping for Yellow revamp project in PokeCommunity. Please tell me what you think! ^^

Scratches:
wbgmawley.gif
V.2:
mawleyall2.gif

Mawile pre-evo, 'Mawley'. The first version is the first sprite I ever made.
wbgdraeon.gif

The dragon-type eeveelution for WSC. I know it's supposed to be facing to the left, but I just ignored that rule while making this. ;P
wbgmisdream.gif
V.2:
misdreamall.gif

Misdream, the pre-evolution of Misdreavus. The lower lines of its eyes are so black because it's supposed to have a little black on the sides of its eyes, like Misdreavus has. I wouldn't say that this is a complete scratch, because I just resized my drawing of Misdream and used it as the base. (credit to LoneStarAkira for the name :3)
tengoose.png
V.2:
tengoose3.gif

Zangoose pre-evo, at the moment called 'Tengoose' (teddy + mongoose) but can change if I think of something better.

Revamps:

nyaasurevamp2.png

^My first revamp.
dragoniterevamp2.png

raichurevamp2.png

jigglyrevamp2.png

rattatarevamp2.png

articunorevamp2.png

charizardrevamp2.png

Devamps:
megadevamp2.png

Other stuff:
wbgmanene.gif

Christmas Mime jr. for WSC. :3
wbgrecolor.gif

Two recolors with the same color for WSC 18.
wbgretype.gif

Normal-type Breloom for WSC 19. Like some of you have said, it still looks like a fighting type though. :/
raichuevo.gif

Electric/Fighting -type evolution of Raichu for WSC 22.
flygonfinn.gif

Flygon with the colors of the Finnish flag for WSC 23.

Last edited:

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Aww <3 Mawley looks so cute! But I have a feeling that I've seen these before... weird. Maybe its just because so many people try Mawile and Misdreavus pre-evos. Or did you really make these?

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
Aww <3 Mawley looks so cute! But I have a feeling that I've seen these before... weird. Maybe its just because so many people try Mawile and Misdreavus pre-evos. Or did you really make these?
Thanks! <3 Well, you could have seen these:
a) in my art thread in the Fan Art section
b) in my art thread on Pokecommunity
c) in my Deviantart accound 'Tyltalis'
Since Mawley and Misdream are based on the pictures I've drawn before. And I made the Mawley sprites originally for contest in PokemonWorldOnline forums, so there's a small chanse to see it over there too. But I swear that these are really made by me. :3

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
Suzume... very nice work. Before I give a well-earned crit, I wanna take a moment to laugh my A off at Killer Squirtle's sig. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOoOoOoOoOooo... Okay. Now for why I'm here.

Mawile Prevo- Very nice, love the structure. Can tell you're an artist. Butt.. needs work. The bottom (dress and feet) look scrunched and non-specific. Outline in general is bad, and top of the ponytail mouth thing is really messed up. (I do, however, reallllly like the way you made it look perfectly like a ponytail.) Lastly, back sprite- Shading out of whack on the pony tail thingy. The bright spot is whats bad.

The Eeveelution- Um.. bad. At least that's my opinion. Don't like the idea at all. Fire? That would be fire type... anyway Sprite is real nice. Besides the big open red spaces and the off shading and the too-small fire pieces and spikes.

Misdream- Good. Very nice. Love the structure. No complaints on that. Very nice name choices too. For everything.

Revamps- Meowth's good, Rattata's good, Really like Articuno, Jigglypuff's okay. Other two, Raichu and Dragonite, need border work, and shading work. Borders are too black (too much black used in them i mean) and so they look awkward. Look at raichu's feet for the shading probs I'm talking about.

Christmas dood is chill, reclors are fine (but... i don't agree with the color choice.. dreary and lame...) and I reallly like your Breloom entry. Didn't get my vote, but could've. Cause like you said, Still totally fighting type :p love the outline color too. IMO, needs more white/pink/black to be normal typed. Keep it up, you're real good

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
Mawile Prevo- Very nice, love the structure. Can tell you're an artist. Butt.. needs work. The bottom (dress and feet) look scrunched and non-specific. Outline in general is bad, and top of the ponytail mouth thing is really messed up. (I do, however, reallllly like the way you made it look perfectly like a ponytail.) Lastly, back sprite- Shading out of whack on the pony tail thingy. The bright spot is whats bad.

The Eeveelution- Um.. bad. At least that's my opinion. Don't like the idea at all. Fire? That would be fire type... anyway Sprite is real nice. Besides the big open red spaces and the off shading and the too-small fire pieces and spikes.

Misdream- Good. Very nice. Love the structure. No complaints on that. Very nice name choices too. For everything.

Revamps- Meowth's good, Rattata's good, Really like Articuno, Jigglypuff's okay. Other two, Raichu and Dragonite, need border work, and shading work. Borders are too black (too much black used in them i mean) and so they look awkward. Look at raichu's feet for the shading probs I'm talking about.

Christmas dood is chill, reclors are fine (but... i don't agree with the color choice.. dreary and lame...) and I reallly like your Breloom entry. Didn't get my vote, but could've. Cause like you said, Still totally fighting type :p love the outline color too. IMO, needs more white/pink/black to be normal typed. Keep it up, you're real good
Thanks for the crit! ^^ I'll do some answering~

Thanks for pointing out those flaws on Mawley. I'll try to fix them when I have time. I especially agree with the dress looking scrunched and the back-sprite's shading being bad. I hope I've improved a bit since I made this. ;)

Defending my Eeveelution a bit, I tried to make it based on a Chinese dragon. (random google picture of the kind: http://wendyusuallywanders.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/chinese-dragon.jpg ) So the yellow spots aren't really fire, they are some kind of fur/hair/scales/whatever they seem to have. :p I know that the color choise was bad, but the best Chinese dragon color for me has always been gold and red for some reason. But I know that this makes it look too much like Flareon. And I admit the shading is off, but I don't know if I can fix it... I can try though.

Thanks for liking Misdream~ :D I forgot to mention that the name was suggested by LoneStarAkira on DA, sorry. I added it to the first post. ^^ Mawley's name is still made up by me though, but I'm usually pretty open to name suggestions. :p

Revamps: I don't really like Raichu either, but I'll see what I can do with it. I like Articuno the most, too, and it also took me the longest to make. :3

But I like lame colors, that's why I chose it. :p With Breloom, I guess I was too focused on taking its grass-type off, and completely forgot about the fighting side. XD

Thanks again for the advice! I made a Zangoose pre-evolution for the evo/pre-evo contest here:
tengoose.png

I'm not sure about its pose and some parts of the shading, but othervise it's okay. ^^ For some reason, I couldn't make it transparent succesfully. I guess I have to try again later. -.-

Yami Ryu

to make it transparent- Iaza or not you make the background a color NOT used. Seeing as how you used white, red and purple, Green, Brown, Orange would work.

For the Dragon eeveelution- it really doesn't look like the picture you evidently based it offa, or infact any real asian dragon at all. That's the first problem- the second is the color choice. The red isn't to much like Flareon, imo it's to bright. That and the dragon is golden with red flames- why not try the reverse, gold body, red decorations.

Secondly, it doesn't look dragonic enough, as I said before. Work in some scales/Fur, thin the body out some, give it more dragon like paws n claws.

The final part is, you have MLSS aka, Multiple Light Source Syndrom, that's another part of the problem. You have it as above and to the right/left.

I suggest working on shading more- it seems to be your major problem on nearly all the sprites you posted.

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
Nice work on the new sprite, Tengoose. Name's pretty good. I'd suggest one, but I'm no good at that.

Awkward bits- mos deff the pose as you said, And the shading isn't defined enough at all. looks quite flat. (Needs darker colors for the darker shades.) Lastly, left eye. Our left, not his. Looks like a square of black with white in it... fix that. Looks especially strange on the shiny, blue.

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
to make it transparent- Iaza or not you make the background a color NOT used. Seeing as how you used white, red and purple, Green, Brown, Orange would work.

For the Dragon eeveelution- it really doesn't look like the picture you evidently based it offa, or infact any real asian dragon at all. That's the first problem- the second is the color choice. The red isn't to much like Flareon, imo it's to bright. That and the dragon is golden with red flames- why not try the reverse, gold body, red decorations.

Secondly, it doesn't look dragonic enough, as I said before. Work in some scales/Fur, thin the body out some, give it more dragon like paws n claws.

The final part is, you have MLSS aka, Multiple Light Source Syndrom, that's another part of the problem. You have it as above and to the right/left.

I suggest working on shading more- it seems to be your major problem on nearly all the sprites you posted.
Thanks for the transparancy thing~ I'd usually just colored the white parts of the sprite light gray, but that method is much more handy. :p I tried iaza again and this time it didn't make random transparent pixels to the sprite like it did before! ^^ (back then it made look it like this:
tengoose2.gif
)

Yeah, the dragon eeveelution isn't my best. I'll try to work on it. But still, I want to make it look like an Eeveelution and a dragon, so I think it still has to look little like a fox/cat. But I could really change the colors, I don't like them much either.

I didn't know I have that. :O I mean, I knew about single light source and tried to follow that rule, but I guess I failed. :p (Mawley is an exception, I didn't know much about things when I made it so the light source is kinda everywhere.) I'll try to focus on shading more. Thanks for the crit. :)
Nice work on the new sprite, Tengoose. Name's pretty good. I'd suggest one, but I'm no good at that.

Awkward bits- mos deff the pose as you said, And the shading isn't defined enough at all. looks quite flat. (Needs darker colors for the darker shades.) Lastly, left eye. Our left, not his. Looks like a square of black with white in it... fix that. Looks especially strange on the shiny, blue.
Thanks~ I'm all open to name suggestions, because I really suck at making up names. :p I tried to improve Tengoose a bit, here's the new one:
tengoose3.gif

I also 'revamped' Mawley. I didn't remember the shading was THAT bad. x__X Well, I tried to fix it, and it still may not be perfect, but at least it's better. :3
mawleyall2.gif

And couple of others:
charizardrevamp2.png

Charizard revamp (Yellow -> D/P)

megadevamp2.png

Meganium devamp (D/P -> Silver)

gtab x3

Your shading has got a bit better, since last time XD And on your revamp, you should try to add more shading on the neck. Devamp looks fine.

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
Your shading has got a bit better, since last time XD And on your revamp, you should try to add more shading on the neck. Devamp looks fine.

Well, the previous Mawley WAS my first, and I did it quite some time ago, but I guess I've improved little since then. ;D You're right about the neck, I'll add some shades there~ Thanks for the comment. ^^

I changed the shading of Misdream a bit and made a back sprite:
misdreamall.gif

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
This work is really promising. I would love to see more.

Prof. Rowan

It all looks nice!
But Mawley is "furry", so you'll have to shade it furry-ish. If you get what I mean.

Pokechuppa

'Bi-bi!'
Awww :) !
All the little pre-evos are adorable.
I love the Misdream one, and its back sprite.

~ Pokechuppa x

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
This work is really promising. I would love to see more.
Awww :) !
All the little pre-evos are adorable.
I love the Misdream one, and its back sprite.
Thanks to both of you! <3
It all looks nice!
But Mawley is "furry", so you'll have to shade it furry-ish. If you get what I mean.
I get what you mean, but I'm not sure if Mawley is all that 'furryish'. After all, it's a steel type. ;) Thanks anyway~

I have two WSC entries:

Saved this one as jpg after working on it for days and had to start over, so even if you find mistakes in it, I probably won't bother to fix them. :p Too fed up with this sprite.
raichuevo.gif

Kakuchu (kakutou + chu)
Fighting Mouse Pokemon
Type: Fighting/Electric
Evolves from Raichu with maxed out toughtness & level up.
Kakuchu throws powerful and painful punches with its spiky, electrically charged tail.

flygonfinn.gif

Flygon with the colors of the Finnish flag. ^^

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Hmm yeah, the first one, the Raichu evo is a nice idea. And the fighting type fits well. I like it

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
great stuff, the misdreavus evo is very well done IMO looks like it ws ripped from the game, though I am suprised there is no Sablye pre-evo since it seems Mawile and Sablye are close.

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
Just in time to avoid the death of this thread~ Well, I haven't made much new sprites, but I still have some:
pachipall.gif

It's the pre-evolution of Pachirisu, called Pachip. (I know that what Pachirisu needs more is an evolution, but I'm not good at those. :p) I know that the head is pretty huge, I'll try to do something about it.

tengooseall.gif

A back sprite for Tengoose (seriously, please someone think of a better name, I already hate this one )

birdshrew.gif

A bird-based Sandshrew for the current WSC.

Douger

Veteran Spriter
What 'bout Ferredy? [ferret + teddy] I think it sounds pretty cool.
And personally, that Zangoose pre-evo is one of my favorite sprites of yours. It's so cute! I idolize it.

I really love how you make back sprites. How are you so good at them? I've never been too good at back sprites.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
those are helllllla nice! the dragon eeveelution looks wierd though... maybe a little more dragon-ish effect?

9/10

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
What 'bout Ferredy? [ferret + teddy] I think it sounds pretty cool.
And personally, that Zangoose pre-evo is one of my favorite sprites of yours. It's so cute! I idolize it.

I really love how you make back sprites. How are you so good at them? I've never been too good at back sprites.
Hmm, that's not bad. ^^ Ferredy... I kinda like it! I'll ask some people on other sites if they like it too, but I could really make it his new name. :3 Thanks for liking it~

I actually find making back sprites easier than front sprites for some reason. xD Maybe it's because I draw a lot, too, and back sprites are somehow closer to drawing. It took me a while to learn the right shading tecnique though.

those are helllllla nice! the dragon eeveelution looks wierd though... maybe a little more dragon-ish effect?

9/10
Thanks! Yeah, I'm planning to redo the dragon, but just haven't gotten it done yet.