• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sw/Sh, Pokémon Home, & a New Game

RPBaskett

Ok, I have a question in regards to Sword & Shield that I'm looking for practiced knowledge about. If you've tried this and can shed light on this it would be much appreciated.
~
Scenario:
I've played through Sword and developed a team of level 100 Pokémon that I got, using my character in Sword, to full friendship. The character name I have in Sword is my own name: Ryan. If I take that team, move it over to Shield, and use the team in a new game where I transferred them via Home into Shield right after I just beat the dragon gym:
A. Does that mean that it registers that transferred team as 'link-traded Pokémon' to my character in Shield?
B. Do the friendship levels on those Pokémon reset to zero for my Shield character, and more importantly, for my Sword character if I later transfer them back into my same original Sword character game?
~
Please don't guess. If you don't know it's fine not to answer but I hope to hear from someone who is familiar with this process and knows for sure.

Please and thank you!

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Trainer name is irrelevant. The trainer ID numbers won't match and so will be recognised as coming from a different game.

RPBaskett

Trainer name is irrelevant. The trainer ID numbers won't match and so will be recognised as coming from a different game.
So my ID in Sword is 515608. Does that mean every Pokémon NOT traded to me that I caught or hatched myself will have this same ID number?