• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SwagKey & Ditto: BFFS 4 LIFE

Allieon

Best Eeveelution
My First Relatively Successful Team - Need Ratings Please!

EDIT: I did not know swagger was banned in OU. Since this is an in game team and I don't really care about tiers, please rate it anyways! I do have this team remade in showdown, but I use it in the Ubers tier.

Hey, all! I've been working on this team for quite a while and I would like some advice on how to improve it. There is one member that I really need replaced and definitely need some good suggestions for the replacement. The other members have worked pretty well together and I have been able to win quite a few battles using the strategies I've come up with. However, I am still pretty new at this and it would be really awesome to get some feedback on this team. I hope I did everything right! :)
Anyways, here is the team.

klefki.gif

Klefki - Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: HP 252 / Def 68 / Sp.D 188.
Nature: Impish
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Substitute

I swear, SwagKey is the funnest set I have ever used. Not only does it spread paralysis and confusion, but it also has the ability to sweep entire unprepared teams with ease. I always lead off with klefki and start with a sub in case my opponent switches. If they switch, good! I get to keep my sub for a bit. If not, I will likely lose my sub and simply go for swagger next turn before setting up another sub. Sometimes klefki dies quickly, sometimes she doesn't. However no matter what happens, she does do some amount of damage to the other team before going out in a blaze of glory. Also, she's shiny. So don't bother telling me to breed another klefki. :p

ditto.gif

Ditto - Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: HP 252 /
Nature: Quirky
- Transform

Ditto works surprisingly well with SwagKey and often takes out half a team before going down because of my strategy. Basically, when I have klefki out, if the opponent sends out a physical sweeper I simply go straight for swagger and then wait for klefki to go down. Once klefki is gone, I switch to ditto who then gets the attack boost from swagger and the speed from choice scarf upon transforming into the opponent's pokemon. Naturally, this is a terrifying combination and is likely to take out at least two pokemon before I either run out of PP or faint. Every time this strategy works, I either win, get close to winning but lose because of my other team members being terrible, or face mysterious connection problems that end the battle. I haven't ever heard of a strategy like this being used before, and was pretty cool to discover by chance how well it works.

greninja.gif

Greninja - Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: Sp.Atk 252 / Spe 252 / Atk 4
Nature: Hasty
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- U Turn
- Dark Pulse

Greninja works well as a sweeper due to her blazing speed and amazing special attack. I don't really have much to say about her besides the fact that she hits hard but is too frail to stay in long. I use U Turn whenever I am predicting a switch or revenge killing, Ice Beam to take down dragons, Hydro Pump when I want something neutral, and Dark Pulse when nothing else works. Standard-issue Greninja.

garchomp.gif

Garchomp - Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream (I wasn't able to get rough skin :( )
EVs:252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
Nature: Jolly
- Outrage
-Earthquake
- Fire Fang
-Iron Head

I don't have much experience with choice items so I basically just use outrage whenever I send Chomp out. Occasionally I'll kill a fairy or two with iron head and even less occasionally I'll use fire fang or EQ.... but mostly it's just outrage. I really need to learn how to use choice items better. XD

mawile-mega.gif

Mawile - Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 188 SpDef / 80 Def / 240 Hp
Nature: Adamant
-Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Mawile is such a cool pokemon. She looks awesome, hits like a truck, and can take hits like a champ. I used a less than common EV build for her because her IVs (except attack) are not perfect and I wanted a pokemon who can take some hits since this team in general is a bit frail. The defensive EVs also help to keep her alive to set up a swords dance or two before I begin hiding behind sucker punch. She's also the second shiny member on this team so I am willing to look past her less than perfect IVs when battling with her. Mawile is the newest member of this team and so far I have had quite a bit of success using her.

delphox.gif

Delphox - Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs:252 Spe / 252 SpAttk / 4 Hp
Nature: Modest
- Hidden Power (grass, I think)
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Delphox's only purpose is to die so I can get a free switch. If it hits something, then cool! If it kills something, even better! But all I want is my free switch when I send it in. Delphox is in serious need of replacing and I would really like to get some suggestions on what to replace it with because right now Delphox is just dead weight.

Well, that's everything! I look forward to your ratings! :D

Last edited:

Allieon

Best Eeveelution
I didn't know until a few minutes ago. I'm playing with this team normally in game and in Ubers on showdown. So no problem, there.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Hey there. I was looking at your team and I had this crazy idea you could try. You could add or replace a Pokemon with Sableye, who happens to get both Swagger and Flatter. So the trick is to use either of those as much as possible on a Pokemon and then send in your Ditto. It's a creative way to use Sableye, rather than the annoying ones found in OU. All the little details are up to you, I'm just giving you an idea. Also, don't worry about Swagger being banned, Smogon sucks anyways, eventually they'll just ban Pokemon as a whole.

Oh, and I also happen to have some Rough Skin Gible and some Mawile with good IVs if you're interested.

Last edited:

KenDM

If you're looking for fun and want to ditch your Delphox, here's my Togekiss:

Togekiss (F) + Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Heat Wave (transfer only)/flamethrower/fireblast/dazzling gleam/aura sphere.

People have advised me to use aura sphere in the last slot. Togekiss can switch into a fair amount of stuff, especially fighting moves, even thunderbolts and icebeams at full health (non STAB usually). Otherwise how about Skarmory?

Skarmory (F) + Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Reason: anti-hazard, also whirlwind those status raising pokemon (which also baton pass!). Switch in for Def. You could even give it stealth rock instead of brave bird =), but it becomes taunt bait like that.

Also another defensive option is Blissey/Chansey to switch into stuff and then toxic them, protect once, either switch out or wish and seismic toss. People also use Chanseys, but Wish on Chansey is event only, so that's a shame. (Wish can also be fulfilled for any other pokemon you switch in after casting it!).

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss