• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Swampert Or Blaziken?

Swampert or Blaziken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zack14

Which one does everyone prefer?
Am starting Emerald tomorrow and I need to pick a starter out of these 2.
Being honest, when playing pokemon games I always just go straight through it with my starter only.

Totojolt

I personally like blaziken so i can have a fire type from hoen, as the only fire types are numel family, torchic family, or torkoal. I like to have pokemon solely from the region im playing in, so hes my fire. Whiscash and walreign are good water types for swampert.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I use Blaziken, but Swampert seems to be the better option when it comes to having less type disadvantages and defense (while whizzing through the gyms easily), while Blaziken has better Attack while being a unique type combo (while gyms are a bit of a challenge). So it really just depends on the player.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I personally find Blaziken easier to use than Mudkip, as Blaziken has a semi advantage against the first three gyms, a neutral one aainst the fourth, a good one against the fifth, and a bad time against the remaining three. It is however good against half of the elite four.

Swamoert is however good against the first good/bad against the third, good on fourth and e rest all neutral while having no advantages or disadvantages in the E4.

I still do think you should get Blaziken.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
I think Swampert is cute, and it's a very good Pokémon defensive-wise. I believe it and Blaziken are nearly total opposites in terms of stats.
Swampert is bulky, and can take some hits while setting up hazards or boosting its stats to sweep.
Blaziken is faster, hits harder without needing to set up, but its defenses are lower so it's more fragile.
Whatever suits your playing style, both are great Pokémon. Of course, I prefer Blaziken. ;)

BearTown

He needs a tissue :(
Blaziken. he's easier to solo with. swampert is good, but for a solo playthrough I got thru much faster with torchic than mudkip. buuuuut then again I never use starters anymore so whatevs lol

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I would have said Swampert if you weren't just going through your game with a single Pokemon. Blaziken is better for that everywhere except against Tate and Liza. Being faster than Swampert makes it better for a solo challenge.

Both Pokemon are freaking amazing. Either one would be a good choice, however I voted Blaziken because it's fire and fighting make the elite four a breeze, just make sure you get an electric or grass pokemon for the champion.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Personally I prefer Blaziken, but if you want a easier time with Emerald then go with Swampert, it's good against a lot of bosses of the game.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I like Swampert more. I loved it even more in B/W when they finally gave it a sprite where it was almost on all fours instead of standing straight up.

Kalosian

So long
I have always found Swampert to be very good, it has a huge weakness against Grass but can get Ice Beam around halfway though the game which fixes that problem in most situations.

Focus Aipom

Why so serious?
I prefer Swampert myself. It has a nice typing and I always liked Mudkip over Torchic tbh.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I always pick Swampert. I think he is the most powerful starter

absolalone111

Blazikin because he wasn't the best looking starter, there was just something about him that was undeniably awesome. I regret picking torchic as a starter though, from what I remember it was a pain trying to get something that could actually damage one of the first few gym leaders.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Blazikin because he wasn't the best looking starter, there was just something about him that was undeniably awesome. I regret picking torchic as a starter though, from what I remember it was a pain trying to get something that could actually damage one of the first few gym leaders.

?

You evolve your Torchc into Combusken before the first gym and it learns Double Kick. And at level 15 it learns Peck. Takes care of Roxanne and Brawly quite easily...

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I really wouldn't know, I love both. I used Swampert more than I used Blaziken but fire-types are always cooler.....yeah, I really like them the same way C:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I like both, but I usually use Swampert because it has a diverse moveset. Blaziken is my favorite in terms of appearance though. I was just disappointed that it couldn't learn more moves.