• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Swearing

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I remember reading somewhere that swearing lessens the pain we're about to experience.

Me too. It's was an interesting article.

I tend to swear when I hurt myself, like stub my toe or something like that, or if I'm ticked about something, then mainly the word itself is just used as a descriptive. Other than that, I try not to swear that much, since it isn't the most constructive way of saying things.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Swearing for me is to provide emphasis and show to someone I'm pissed off and about to punch you in the face. That's bout it

Vodka Haze

I swear quite a lot. That's something that I have found a bit weird. I can understand how the f-word and the c-word are taboo, but why the a-word and s-word? I mean, we use words like bum and poo to describe these things, so why are those words specifically frowned upon?

~Ace

i can show you how
I swear on a regular occasion. And I agree, why the hell does it matter if someone swears? I mean come-on, it's just another meaning for words.. It shows my emphasis too.

:L

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
Tch, one of the most interesting questions in history.
Honestly, it helps me relieve stress.Have no idea why, it just does.It also makes your sentences more "interesting".
I remember the other day my friend said this(his exact words):"Because you're a nerd.And nerds don't curse."I just think it's funny.XD

DragonA7X

BASSHOLE
I must admit, I do swear but I only swear around my close friends, if I am saying the lyrics of a song or if I am doing a bandslash story (And believe me, the people I usually do bandslashes on have sailor mouths)

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I remember reading somewhere that swearing lessens the pain we're about to experience.

That's quite interesting and I can see how it might actually make sense. However, when I get hurt by something, I'd use a different word, (one that isn't swearing) so surely any word can take on the same effect and it doesn't need to be labeled as swearing?

manniezmoll

I'm a girl, dangit!
Swearing just irks me when it seems forced into a sentence for the purpose of allowing you to look mature or "cool". Swearing isn't a substitute to get a point across, or comedy(debatable). If you swear at the slightest disturbance, it only show a limited vocabulary.

i have to laugh at this...Ha Ha Ha...

i swear worse than 10 sailors, i don't care who's around me. it has nothing to do with my intelligence, or my vocabulary, which by the way, is quite extensive...i swear because i like it, because i want to, & because i can...

and because meanie head & poop face just don't cut it sometimes...LOL

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I swear quite a lot and its not because I think its what the cool kids do, but quite simply out of habit. I've been using these words for so long its just regular for me and that's the big point they're only words if you're getting offended over something like that then you're an overly sensitive person who needs to get over it. Of course there are exceptions to that such as the obvious N bomb and things in that category.

BGP_

I don't mind swearing when it's used for some emphasis or lack of better words, or just for saying it just cuz...idk. It's when people swear to sound incredibly badass (and no, before people point out irony, that was used for emphasis!!!) that it frustrates me (coughrapperscough)

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
i have to laugh at this...Ha Ha Ha...

i swear worse than 10 sailors, i don't care who's around me. it has nothing to do with my intelligence, or my vocabulary, which by the way, is quite extensive...i swear because i like it, because i want to, & because i can...

and because meanie head & poop face just don't cut it sometimes...LOL

Exactly! I don't swear because I can't think of alternatives, it's to emphasize my emotions. Like, what shows more emotions? Calling someone a god damn ******* or calling them a gosh darned rectum? ...point proven.

I swear either when someone says why is everyone swearing, or if it sounds better than poop or fudge

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
And oh yeah, you know that bonkers for that one guy?(Not naming...guess :/)He wouldn't dare shove ******* soap down his throat to make it clean(haha just needed to say that)and has the extended vocabulary of any other ***** person.And if he can * do it in front of his *** nephew you can't get twitchy when ********** ***** ***.

Osha Say What?

And oh yeah, you know that bonkers for that one guy?(Not naming...guess :/)He wouldn't dare shove ******* soap down his throat to make it clean(haha just needed to say that)and has the extended vocabulary of any other ***** person.And if he can * do it in front of his *** nephew you can't get twitchy when ********** ***** ***.

Lol.

I don't mind swearing, as long as it's not excessive, which is why I can't stand most cRappers.

Hox

Banned
As long as they're used in an appropriate manner, I see no issue with them. I can't stand it when children swear, especially in public. If I have a kid and if he/she asks why they're wrong to say, I'll respond with "Because it makes you sound like low class white trash."

IamLegend

Legend
Sh@t, f@ck, p***, c@nt, ***.

They're English words, why not say them? Am I really suppose to limit my vocabulary, because someone doesn't want to hear them? They don't slander or degrade anyone. I see no problem with swearing. The "N" word and the other "F" word, I have a problem with as they degrade people.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Swearing lessens pain? THAT is all enough reason to use it in our everyday lives... DOCTOR APPROVED!