• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Swearing

FairoNeko

I don't like swearing. Everytime someone around me swear, it immediately irritate me even though it's: 'not your business' they said.

I feel swearing as a sign of rebel and disrespect. It feels dirty too... I dislike swearing!

Nyter

Island Challenger
I don't like swearing. Everytime someone around me swear, it immediately irritate me even though it's: 'not your business' they said.

I feel swearing as a sign of rebel and disrespect. It feels dirty too... I dislike swearing!

Unless they are swearing you out, why do you feel disrespected?

FairoNeko

Unless they are swearing you out, why do you feel disrespected?

I don't know exactly why. Maybe because they keep on saying that when I had purposely told them not to?

Unorthodox

The PO ubers fanboy
that's when you go "please, shut the F**K up."

blackterminator3

I can't say that I have never swear in my life, because I have had in the past. But now I do less because I think it kills your intelligence.

ThisIsPatrick

There's a time and a place for everything. Same thing goes for swearing. If I'm chilling with my friends, you can bet your *** I'm going to swear, but if I'm going to dinner with my girlfriend's parents I wouldn't even imagine swearing.

I 2nd this.

I am not against swearing. In fact, in real life, I swear a LOT (in my native language.) It is probably because of the taboo that the church imposed on it and such.

Fire Trainer Blaze

It's been a while...
I never used to swear until high school when everyone else was doing it...I didn't want to feel like a pansy for using other words in place of expletives. Of course now, it's become a habit. When I'm around friends that swear, I swear. When around friends that don't I don't. I don't really like doing it anymore. I feel like there are more intelligent ways to express what you're trying to say without swearing. It's a hard habit for me to break.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
My standard is that swear words are great for enhancing what you're saying but shouldn't really be used in place of something intelligent. Someone like Stephen Fry or George Carlin can take swearing to a new level.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I swear.. In my head. I'd prefer if I didn't however in recent years I've began doing so.

Verbally I've never stated a curse word. It's impolite and unneeded IMHO. Why curse when I can say other terms to get my views across?

My parents curse like sailors so I'm surprised I turned out this way.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't know exactly why. Maybe because they keep on saying that when I had purposely told them not to?

That's because they think of you being pompous. A knight of morality who doesn't mind his own business. You're actually disrespecting their right to talk how they want. If you're American, then you're basically trying to take away their constitutional rights of freedom of speech. Because swearing is still part of that, no matter if its nice or not..

I can't say that I have never swear in my life, because I have had in the past. But now I do less because I think it kills your intelligence.

Maybe you think you're doing less now because your brain already fried all of the intelligence you had left..

Of course it kills of your intelligence: oh, my, gosh.. Or wait, it makes American teens smarter! They are still looking for a way to switch cursewords with socially acceptable terms, like 'God' for 'Gosh'. Which they think is actually pretty smart, but of course, is incredibly dumb and hypocritical.

But that's something that the American society is doing to them, not the swearing in itself. If I just swear with saying something like '****-ING', then I don't need to dillute my brain into thinking that saying something a little bit different, like 'Frigging' for example, is any better, and therefore keep my brain in check and undilluted.

Its all part of the pacifist agenda

In some intellectual arena's, 'pacifist' can be seen as a curseword. See what I did there?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Swearing is a natural part of who I am... Damnit

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Has anyone read Lionboy? Charlie's dad says you should only swear when you can't think of a more powerful word to use.

IMO, I don't mind swearing at all. It's a way for people to express how they're feeling, and since everyone's diff everyone will find different ways to express how they feel.

Wow, that sounded sappy...

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
They aren't bad, just words that, long ago, higher-ups didn't want to hear. Hell is a real place, and no amount of censorship can take away my freedoms (see Voltaire's ideas) away from me!

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
Hmmm, what to say...

Well, swearing is basically just words that are shunned upon for some reason. They're a way to express yourself when no other word you know simply describes what it is, such as great frustration, bitterness towards a certain person, or even just stubbing your tow on the cabinet door very hard. If it's the latter, then I can understand that. As for the other two, I say you should just keep the mean thoughts in your head and work to be as nice as possible. (Those last 2 'as' came out as the a-word for some reason >_>).

I used to swear a lot, and now that I look back on it, I think lower of myself to be honest. I now try to either come up with something more mature to say, or just make random (disturbing) sounds. Even though I'm a teen, I literally have the maturity of an adult (probably because of the excessive growing, hence lower energy). As for calling people names, well...I just use 'Baka', Japanese for moron/idiot/fool. I don't care if the guys at my school don't think it's cool, they aren't the ones who are passing with flying colors (oh snap xD). Besides, I prefer hanging out with the girls anyway.

Swears are just empty words that are used when one can't come up with anything better to say when something occurs. Regardless of something being that level frustrating, you should really not swear. At least, where other people will hear you. Find it deep down in yourself to be the better person and act smarter by not giving into it. Trust me, once you do that, stuff gets much nicer :)