• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sweet Baby James (424)

NPT

Just a member
This episode was touching ....... and one of the best battle frontier episodes in My opinion. It was surprising that the mansion used to be James' old get-away home. James catching Mime Jr. was nice, but it's sad when he had to leave the poor Chimecho at the end. This episode was nicely animated and it showed the caring side of James, which is rare.

These kinds of episodes, one's where we get more back story on one of the TR members, are always entertaining to watch.
They had to play that song and make that one scene even sadder, didn't they? And I mean that in a good way! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Munchlax and Chimecho both falling ill was way too convenient in my view, but I liked the way James's family's old home looked; it was a palace for God's sake. I didn't think they were that rich. I also wondered if the Weepinbell from his childhood flashback was his old one from OS. Anyway, I liked that James got a ton of character development here.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
This episode was okay. but i think that James was a bit too nasty to Jessie and Meowth, he's no better than them and altho they did something bad he should have dealt with it in a better way than teaming up with the twerps.
Just annoyed me.

Well James had every right to be nasty. They were trying to steal his family's and closest friends' pokemon. You don't just waltz into your teammate's home and try to make off with the resident pokemon. Plus, Jessie and Meowth have had it coming for a while considering how awful they are to him at times.

Aside from that, the only dub voices i have a problem with are Meowth and Max. i could care less about Max since he'll only be around for one season anyway, and Meowth's is understandable.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
It was funny to see James kinda freaked out when he imagined himself married with Jessie.TR focused episodes are always fun to watch and James got good development in this episode.But it was sad to see Chimecho leaving and the music was tear-Jerking. :'( 9.8/10.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
What a coincidence that James' family owned the mansion here and when he decided to leave his Chimecho behind, I felt sad. Mime Jr was ok as far as comedy goes, but I thought Chimecho should've stayed.

Gillachu

Banned
Good for James leaving his Chimecho behind since it never did anything and was wasting away. Him getting Mime Jr. made me livid, though...

CelebiAS

I think this might have been one of the best episodes in the show. I love when they humanize TRio and James seems to be the one that usually gets that treatment.
First half wasn't so good tho so just a 9.

Leonhart

Imagineer
For me, this was Advanced Generation's saddest episode. I'm not even a huge Chirean admirer, but I felt that him falling ill and having to stay at Kojiro's family home was a sad fate for him. Manene was delightful however, although I know that many fans weren't keen on him joining the cast since he might've seemed like forced Diamond and Pearl promotion.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked the way James's family's old home looked. I also wondered if the Weepinbell from his childhood flashback was his old one from OS. :x

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One of the episodes I can remember best from this season. Well it was sad to see Chimecho leave because of an illness as James had a very particular attachment to it but at least I liked the accidental capture of Mime Jr though. And it kinda felt like Holy Matrimony again.

It was a good thing that James left his Chimecho behind since it never did much. I can't even imagine why he wanted a Chimecho in the first place.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It was a good thing that James left his Chimecho behind since it never did much. I can't even imagine why he wanted a Chimecho in the first place.

Chimecho was cute at least and was one of the most likable Pokemon on Team Rocket's roster to me. But I do admit that he didn't have much of a purpose, especially since James often didn't even let Chimecho battle.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I have a theory that James only left his Chimecho behind due to forced D/P promo in the form of him catching Mime Jr. So in a way, Mime Jr. was just a way of hyping up Sinnoh a year in advanced.

Leonhart

Imagineer
And it kinda felt like Holy Matrimony again.

Well it took place at one of Kojirou's family's mansions, so that was to be expected. I wonder why we didn't see his parents, though. Jiiya and Baaya (the mansion's caretakers) just weren't interesting enough on their own, and I remember them more for being Manene's handlers than because of their personalities.

Zamin

This was a really good episode, I am actually starting to warm to the new voice actors after this episode. Again, it was a really heartwarming episode and it was nice to see James being "good," he is good so can't he just leave his dastardly Team Rocket ways behind? He could even travel with Ash & Co on his path to righteousness, that is something I would like to see.

Daizy

I call you honey
James made a bad decision when he left Chimecho since he lost such a cute Pokemon. He also lied when he said he'd be back soon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
James made a bad decision when he left Chimecho since he lost such a cute Pokemon. He also lied when he said he'd be back soon.

Kojirou didn't exactly lie, however. He said he'd be back for Chirean, but from what I remember, he didn't give his Chirean an exact time frame for the eventual reunion.