• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sweet Baby James (424)

Chimecho was cool, sucks that it leaves. But at least James got another Pokemon.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
NO! It can't be! Chimecho cannot be gone! And James STILL has less pokemon than Jessie! This better be temporary!

V Faction

www.faction.com
Gravy said:
Hey, its got a better ring to it than 'Cram profitable characters into thy gullet' :p

....or has it?....
You absolutely MUST replace it with this wonderful new saying. 'Gullet'... priceless!

Now for something completely on topic.~

I have no clue how they plan to integrate Manene. Chimecho was barely doing anything at it was. So now they change it up (for yet another new gen. Pokemon)? Batman is ulalulaelualeualing in his grave right now.

And dear gawrsh, what about Cacnea? EVOLVE IT OR DROP IT. And Wobbuffet? WORSE. Cacnea's shtick has gotten OLDER THAN JESUS RIDING A DINOSAUR and Wobbuffet's only funny on occasion.

ShoOCha0tic

Hey Hey You You
im soooo heart broken!! Chimecho was sooo cute ='( anyways, i hope Manene acutally does something in the series other than dance and be happy -_-

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Not sure what the writers saw bad in Chimecho. Usually when we get a move this early for one of the newer additions it must mean the writers felt the pokémon didn't appeal at all to the show.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Man never expected this, Chimecho left behind. Im too sad to explain how i feel. Im hoping that it will return soon. :(

Meganium

CRAP! I loved that little guy. How is Manene supposed to show the awesomeness that Chimeco had. It was rare, underused, and hurt James on a regular basis (its not that I don't like James, but watching his pokes injuring him is just classic). What's Manene gonna do, tickle him in pain. Oh well, as long as Cacnea isn't going anywhere for a while I can live. Who knows, Manene could be great. We all wanted to see James with a new buddy, and it looks like Maney is it.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Sharpshooter said:
Not sure what the writers saw bad in Chimecho. Usually when we get a move this early for one of the newer additions it must mean the writers felt the pokémon didn't appeal at all to the show.
My guess? They just couldn't think of anything for it to do. It's running gag (which seems to have dissapeared all of a sudden) was essentially the same as Cacnea's, and thanks to the idea of James not allowing it to battle, it could never really do anything attack-wise. Heal bell was an exception, but when was the last time that move was ever used?
Though saying that, Wobbuffet doesn't really do much either. But I suppose he's become a more recognisable member of the gang or something, and thus can't be removed~

Seems they believe Manene will have more luck with its running gag, which is obviously going to be that mimicry stuff. Still, I wouldn't say that justifies kicking Chimecho off altogether~

JazzJazz

Damn, I always loved it's little call of "chime, chime"... but I'd say that James would only left it behind for the right reasons, perhaps it was too ill to go with him and needed more time to recuperate.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You know what's funny? People thought that Dustox would be leaving because it wasn't shown in the opening and because it's rival (Beautifly) was also not in the show anymore.

But instead, Chimecho leaves (who IS in the opening) and to make matters even more confusing is that Manene is shown WITH Chimecho in the opening.

Yes, the writers manage to surprise us sometimes, but almost all those suprises happen to be bad ones. (Ash coming in the Top 8 again, May gettting a Squirtle, Brock leaving Ludicolo and James leaving Chimecho)...sheesh.

I would say Dustox's days are numbered too, it'll probably be released somewhere before the gang leave Kanto. Maybe to join some Venemoth or something...bah.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
CyberCubed said:
You know what's funny? People thought that Dustox would be leaving because it wasn't shown in the opening and because it's rival (Beautifly) was also not in the show anymore.

But instead, Chimecho leaves (who IS in the opening) and to make matters even more confusing is that Manene is shown WITH Chimecho in the opening.

Yes, the writers manage to surprise us sometimes, but almost all those suprises happen to be bad ones. (Ash coming in the Top 8 again, May gettting a Squirtle, Brock leaving Ludicolo and James leaving Chimecho)...sheesh.

I would say Dustox's days are numbered too, it'll probably be released somewhere before the gang leave Kanto. Maybe to join some Venemoth or something...bah.

Yes...it is said that Chimecho had to leave...but like Serebii pointed out...it being in the intro or ending...(lol...dont' remember)...so...it might come back...out of no where...I HOPE...but who knows...

but this should be an emotional ep...to look forward to seeing...

i'm just happy...we finally made it to the MUDKIP ONE...i hope no sadness liek this one is...lol

Momoko Lover

Hop, Skip, Jump!!!
Either the writers were on crack that day or Chimecho just wasn't as popular as Manene in Japan. I really wanted James to have three pokemon but it seems like the writers want James to be a sidekick to Jessie.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Yes...it is said that Chimecho had to leave...but like Serebii pointed out...it being in the intro or ending...(lol...dont' remember)...so...it might come back...out of no where...I HOPE...but who knows...

but this should be an emotional ep...to look forward to seeing...

i'm just happy...we finally made it to the MUDKIP ONE...i hope no sadness liek this one is...lol
its in both the opening and the ending. This of course is me in denial hoping that it wont be forever. Also maybe the writers will have James act differently since he left Chimecho. Since all of his life he had wanted one and when he got it he had given it away. Maybe we will see a new side of James. Although I honestly doubt the writers would put that much depth into a character.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Chimecho has joined the ranks of pokemon with wasted potential, and dumped despite other pokemon belonging to their trainer being far more overshowcased and redundant.

Other honourable mentions:
Glalie
Torkoal
Ludicolo
Lickitung
May's Bulbasaur
Heracross
Geodude
Crobat
Onix

Chimecho has been screwed, because the writers robbed it of its potential!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
*Wait for Gravy to draw a Manene on steroids standing on a flattened Chimecho.*

That sucks. After everything James and Chimecho have been through, it gets dumped. There's unpredictable and then there's...this. The poor windchime.

C

C-Man

Wow so this is what heppens in the jap episode? Man I wish I could see it. Here in the U.S.A are still in the eppy where he's gonna fight Tate & Liza. Hmmm he leaves Chimecho, oh no , I'm gonna miss that guy

PDL

disenchanted
[IMG300]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/Pufflizard/emot-wtc.gif[/IMG300]

after learning about Disney's plans for Cinderella 3, I never thought I'd have to use this emoticon again...

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
WTF!!!! There's plans for a Cinderella 3?

ChaosMage said:
Chimecho has joined the ranks of pokemon with wasted potential, and dumped despite other pokemon belonging to their trainer being far more overshowcased and redundant.

Other honourable mentions:
Glalie
Torkoal
Ludicolo
Lickitung
May's Bulbasaur
Heracross
Geodude
Crobat
Onix

Chimecho has been screwed, because the writers robbed it of its potential!

what about Bayleef? Rather, Satoshi's entire Jouto roster for that matter. Sure, they got showcasing, but it was in the worst saga ever, and when it came time for the 8th gym and the league, they got seriously screwed over (and still no redemption). Well, at least you mentioned Heracross. Satoshi's Lapras also had potential as being much more than just a ferry.

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
You forgot Pidgeot. The poor bird was reduced to wind generator and as soon as it gained some power, Ash left it and we haven't seen hide nor feather since.