• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sweet Baby James (424)

Alfonso

Derpgull
Ah.

Ah ha.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

What in the blue f*cking blazes is this. James leaves one of my fave TR Poke Chimecho and takes Manene?

And yet Manene was in the intro with Chimecho?

What will happen with my ultimate fave TR Poke, Dustox?

O_O!

This series really is s*it, isn't it?

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Well, this episode and the ones closely following seem to confirm that the writers have done what we were all hoping. They have taken a huge risk and could lose so much doing so, but they finally invested in a second company brain cell!

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Murgatroyd said:
-As Kojiro is getting Chiriin's ball out to leave it with the servants, an empty ball falls out of his pocket, and Manene promptly jumps in.

Wow, so not only do we get Team Rocket's first left-behind pokemon, we also get our first TR pokemon caught like Psyduck and Skitty? :)

It's really strange that nearly every single pokemon James has caught he has not caught the normal (weaken then capture) way. He's gotten them as presents (Koffing/Weezing), bought them (Magickarp I, hoppip), traded them (Weeepinbell II/Victreebel II), invited them to come along (Cacnea, Chimecho), and now caught by accident (Manene). Weepinbell I/Victreebel I was the only pokemon he ever caught the normal way (as seen in "Here's Looking at You Elekid").

And actually, now that I remember, Jessie hasn't caught any pokemon the normal way either (even Seviper wasn't weakened by a pokemon, just by a royally p*ssed Jessie :D ).

Last edited:

Mistynia

Funga Fufu
I just gotta say, I cried with this one. Poor James! God, I really cried. Love those episodes XD

B

Blaziken master

My favourite battle frontier episode to date!Manene is one of my new favourite babies now,its imitations are so cute.I am sad about chimecho leaving,I know it never did much,but it was so cute!The battle at the end was cool with cacnea's sandstorm looking more awesome than ever.I just wish we saw Jame's parents in the flashbck along with growlie

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Ok now I saw the episode and wow it was superb! Jessie and Meowth were horrible. Too bad Growlee wasn't there but oh well. Oh man Manene is pretty cool. I thought it would some annoying loser like that fat Munchlax we have but no this dude is way different. I really wish we had more of these episodes.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Because of this damn episode, my cushion was soaked with tears yesterday. Not nice.
Of course I found this episode great. The animation was outstanding, the music was outstanding (especially the bit of the fourth movie at the end), and, since I'm such a sucker for tearjerkers...

Ah, and to be honest, except in episodes made by this animation team, I never really found Chimecho that cute when it had its eyes open.
They often drew its eyes as if they were yellow knobs; it made it look kinda scary. But in this one, the eyes looked so adorable <3 Its voice has always been great of course.
For some reason though, I have a hard time to imagine dub Chimecho sounding sick^^

The goodbye scene...I still love and hate it at the same time. Although, my cushion is dry now, so I guess I can say I just love it. I especially liked the part where Chimecho smiled when it heard that Manene decided to come with James.

But I also loved Ash and Co. in this episode. If you rewatch the scene where they were talking to James at the beginning, you can see they were all acting quite funny.
That, and the conversation between May and James was also well-done. It was short, but we've rarely seen them talking to each other at all, so that was quite nice.

Manene is (roll-eyes over herself)....adorable. I was all "OMGkyuuteh!!!111" everytime I heard its voice. Loved the bit where it imitated James throwing a Pokéball XD

I will not blindly say that this one was my favorite Battle Frontier episode just because I had to cry hysterically at the end. I loved the Onix, Psyduck, etc. episodes too after all.
Maybe this is indeed my favorite so far though... I should stop blabbering.
Er, wonderful episode anyway!

Last edited:

Aptenodytes

gosh why couldnt we see these episodes in america... -.- o well. sad that chimecho leaves, but im happy manene will be shown in more episodes. i made my avatar in memory of chimecho =]

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
FYI to the poster who said this was the only battle Cacnea had won, it also won a match against Brock's Forretress in a Johto episode as I recall and in its debut scared away a bunch of Beedrill.

Alfonso said:
What in the blue f*cking blazes is this. James leaves one of my fave TR Poke Chimecho and takes Manene?

And yet Manene was in the intro with Chimecho?

What will happen with my ultimate fave TR Poke, Dustox?

O_O!

This series really is s*it, isn't it?
Did you look at the pictures, read the more detailed descriptions? It just may be the sweetest James episode ever. :cool:

And what do you think of Manene?

<><><>

On another note, it's ridiculous the number of ranting one-line posts that plagued the first few pages of this thread from a bunch of posters who didn't even know what happened beyond Chimecho leaving. In the future I hope more will wait longer before condemning an episode so other posters don't have to wade through dozens of rants that all say essentially the same thing.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Pokemon Fan said:
FYI to the poster who said this was the only battle Cacnea had won, it also won a match against Brock's Forretress in a Johto episode as I recall and in its debut scared away a bunch of Beedrill.
You must be thinking of an early AG episode, because he didn't have Sabonea in Jouto.

B

Blaziken master

That was the cheering squad episode with plusle and minun,I also liked the reference to Jame's obsession of weepinbell

Inuyasha639

? ? ? ??* ? ??* ? ? ? ?
Too bad Jimmy left his chimecho in the mansion. Also if Jimmy gets Manene, then that must mean Jessie is going to get a Manyula. I got it off Wikipedia. (sorry I keep calling him Jimmy) ;rukario;

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Sushi said:
I will not blindly say that this one was my favorite Battle Frontier episode just because I had to cry hysterically at the end. I loved the Onix, Psyduck, etc. episodes too after all.
Maybe this is indeed my favorite so far though... I should stop blabbering.
Er, wonderful episode anyway!

I wouldn't say they're doing it "blindly". Honestly, with all the crap that Battle Frontier has been delivering thus far, it's difficult not to say this was the, or at least one of the, best episodes in the saga yet.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
... *sighs* Well I'm not at all pleased that they've replaced Chiriin-san with another 4th season advertisment. All I gotta say is they better give Manene some personality and battle strength.

The episode itself looks nice though. I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yeah, I'm not too happy that they dumped Chiriin either, but I can't deny that it was an excellent episode.

Geodude

Juptile said:
All I gotta say is they better give Manene some personality and battle strength.
With the mimicing thing, it already has personality. You'll be laughing when you see it, for sure.

Speaking of which, I have the perfect English name for Manene, if mimicing truly is something they normally do: Mimicree. It's an alternate spelling of the word mimicry, which is what it was doing. What do you think? :)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
So he'll be a Wobbufett clone (of a sort). *Remembers the antics of Wobbufett while Jessie and James were yacking in "A Scare to Remember".* That wouldn't be so bad, not great but not bad either.