• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sweet Stache, Bro!

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Many Pokemon have gathered a reputation for their facial hair whether wild or , spouting the the top of tier lips. These mustaches, beards, & Goatees range from Fu Manchou, to Donegal, & even the Goatee styles. Pokemon Facial hair is usually associated the Power, Knowledge, & Status.

-What do Mustaches on Pokemon mean to you?

-Who has the sweetest Facial hair of all?

-The worst Facial hair of all?

-How do Pokemon keep their facial hair in top condition?

-Does facial hair fit the Pokemon they're given to?

-What Pokemon could use facial hair?

These questions are just meant to be guidelines to get discussion going. Feel free to bring up any Pokemon Facial hair related topics you want. Stay on topic.

If there are any errors or any Pokemon with facial hair that you feel should be added to this OP feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

Skydra

I think what Shiftry has is more like fur. It must be a real pain to "keep it in top condition" though. Must spend a lot of time in the morning. Someone should make some fanart of a Shiftry with a bad hair day...

This is perhaps the most ridiculous topic to ever converse about. But they way you make it in a civilized and exceptionable demeanor it's a grand topic. I must say, that the facial hair on some pokémon, like Raticate per se, are more of whiskers, so I believe that even on Pokémon like Probopass the facial hair should be regarded as whiskers to help in search, just like why animals have whiskers in the wild. It could also be regarded on some Pokémon as a way of attracting mates, like Jellicent. It's facial hair is indicated at a more upper level and very closely resembles human facial hair. Or maybe it's just why humans have it, the hairs grows out to much. I don't see much of a way for a wild Pokémon to be able to cut it's facial hair.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Metagross kinda has a stache.

But Jellicent has the best moustache of all time.

Annihilator

Everyone's Watching
-Who has the sweetest Facial hair of all? Alakazam and Emboar are my favorites.

-The worst Facial hair of all? Probopass, it makes me wanna throw up.

-How do Pokemon keep their facial hair in top condition? They carry a comb around, duh.

- Which pokemon should have facial hair? Garchomp. End of discussion.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Metagross kinda has a stache.

But Jellicent has the best moustache of all time.
It's spelled, "Mustache".

I didn't think it quite counted, since It goes over its eyes too, & its made of steel, but then there's Emboar. Metagross's cross is heavy eyebrows & a mustache. I'll ad it to the Op.

Jellicent looks like the Pringles guy.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
It's spelled, "Mustache".

Actually, "moustache" is the british english spelling. They're both correct.

Anyway, Poke-moustaches are awesome. I have both a Samurott and a Stoutland on my main team. They're both female, though...

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I really like Samurott's and the 3 genies' facial hair, but Emboar's seemed a little weird at first.

Btw does Reshiram count? It's face is covered with it after all (and its whole body for that matter).

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
I think the 3 genies have great fitting mustaches.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Level 5 moustache detected!

I think 'staches on Pokemon generally improve the design, but they shouldn't be overused, it takes out the niche factor. That said, we are 1 short of having all three of Pokemon's key elements represented by beards. We have Emboar's beard of fire, and Beartic's beard of ice. 6th gen needs to bring a mon with the might THUNDERBEARD!

Oh, and I've seen Arceus drawn with a beard, it improves the design a lot.

Is the title a reference to 'Sweet Catch, Bro!'?

I don't see how Metagross is counted as having a moustache..it's steel plating, not facial hair..and with Liepard and a few of the others, they're whiskers much like cats and rodents would have..and I'm pretty sure Espeon doesn't have any, the bit you're perhaps looking at is part of it's ears.

I agree.

Probably 85% of these just have whiskers instead of actual human facial hair.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
-What do Mustaches on Pokemon mean to you?
A: They represent a level of maturity the mustache-less Pokemon lack.

-Who has the sweetest Facial hair of all?
A: Beartic. His stache is so cool.

-The worst Facial hair of all?
A: I can't decide.

-How do Pokemon keep their facial hair in top condition?
A: They groom them, like other Pokemon would groom their fur.

-Does facial hair fit the Pokemon they're given to?
A: Probopass needs a more Mario-like mustache.

-What Pokemon could use facial hair?
A: Mewtwo should have a Hitler stache.

TheGreatDragonite

Dragon Trainer
Whimsicott has a fine head of white hair, as well as a cute gotee beard.

I reckon Zoroark would look better with a beard.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Probopass, Jellicent, and Samurott have the biggest and baddest mustaches ever. Just look at them for a while. If they were human, then you would not want to cross them for any reason. They would be your bosses at work anyway

RoySceptile

Bakaner
Well, I would say Shiftry's stuff is cotton or something similar.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
You forgot Alakazam. Now THAT is an awesome stache.

That's right! A long 'stache on one of the world's greatest psychic power users? You better pray for mercy. :$