1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Swellow or Skarmory?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Brute Root, Feb 23, 2006.

?

Is Swellow or Skarmory best in-game?

1. Swellow

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Skarmory

26 vote(s)
    65.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brute Root

Brute Root I'm a Christian

Which is better for in-game uses: Swellow or Skarmory?

2. SapphireL

SapphireL Lydia

it depends what you need. ._.; Swellow is a great Choice Bander and Physical Sweeper, while Skarmory is a great Tank and Spiker. Totally up to the needs of the team.

I personally like Swellow WAYYYYY more than Skarm. ^_^; OTS, people! :O (and for those of you who DON'T know what that stands for, it's "Original Team Sapphire" XD)

3. Volteon

Volteon Back I guess??

I like swellow more too, it´s fast and can take an awesome advantage with endeavor and toxic, choice band in it is also great, and in double battles poisoning it + facade, swellows transforms itself into a great swepper!

also swellow, crobat and aerodactyl are the only flying pokés that can outspeed sceptile (even rayquaza can´t!)
    also it´s a good breeder in case of aerial ace!

4. Brute Root

Brute Root I'm a Christian

The needs of the team......what tha? I have no earthly idea what ya mean SapphireL.....

5. SapphireL

SapphireL Lydia

^_^;; whoopsie. lol

well, I mean that Swellow is a great Pokemon if you want to attack your opponent fast and hard. (Swellow has a good Attack, and a great Speed.) Swellow comes with attacks like Aerial Ace/Facade/Steel Wing/Return/Quick Attack...

...Skarmory on the other hand is a great Pokemon if you want to last longer against the opponent. Skarm has no physical weaknesses and a pretty good Defense too. It comes with attacks like Spikes/Roar/Rest/Whirl Wind/Taunt etc which are good for it as well.

I's hope this makes sense.

6. Ohtachi

Ohtachi mia san mia

I prefer Skarmory far more. (The Anime ruined some of the Hoenn Pokemon. Most, actually.) Besides, Swellow is one of the few Pokemon I dislike, which IS saying something. Sorry, SapphireL. :(

7. killerkyogre14

killerkyogre14 Well-Known Member

same hear but sakrmory can learn more powerfull moves than swellow

i think???

8. Blastoise King

Blastoise King Legendary Pokémon Coordinator

powerful doesnt mean **** if you dont have a strong attack stat to back them up =/ its like shuckle with eq

9. SugarFairy

SugarFairy I love Dara <3

I would personally say Skarmory.. Its a great Pokemon to have. and Swellow.. I think is kinda weak >> but thats just my opion ._.

10. Evanji Axu

Evanji Axu Guest

I love them both, as I have a Swellow (Sly) in my main team and a Skarmory (Athena) that's gotten me my Bravery and Spirit symbols. I like them both equally.

11. Deathskully

Deathskully I r gud riter.

Ummm.. The best physical wall in the game that can both PHaze and Spike, or a decent UU choice bander.. Tough choice...

12. jellsprout

jellsprout Well-Known Member

Skarmory! I use it in the Battle Frontier, and it helps alot.

13. a beefed up swellow with a high attack can rool the roost over skarmory simply because of speed;006;

14. Skarmory please :)

15. Evanji Axu

Evanji Axu Guest

Even with STAB, EV training, and a +Atk nature, Swellow won't scuff Skarmory. Not only does Normal do half to Steel, but Skarmory has crazy defense. And NetBattle wise, Swellow is Borderline whereas Skarmory is Overused.

Your logic phails.

16. Twitch

Twitch Dr. Awkward

;227; Skarmory for the win. Spikeshuffling is really cool ingame, and it walls people like crazy. And think about that Swellow needs EVs, CB and other stuff to be decent. Skarmory is good without anything really. (Ingame, that is. But I guess that Swellow's pretty good ingame too.) And last but not least, Skarmory's an awesome Pokemon design-wise.

17. ShadowKitsune

ShadowKitsune Care to Battle?

Skarmory with Double Team + Toxic = death among the opponent.

18. ~*Pikafan*~

~*Pikafan*~ Have you seen me?

Skarmory because of its types.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  19. Edgekid Matt

Edgekid Matt Beginning Trainer

I personally prefer Swellow, And thats the one that I would use in the game. However I do think that Skarmory would be the stronger out of the twp. But I wouldn't use him.

20. Komedic Konservationist

Komedic Konservationist N00b in the dungeon!

Double Team= NO.
    I personally prefer Skarmory. An armour-plated hawk warrior is way cooler than a bog-standard swallow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.