• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Swellow or Skarmory?

Is Swellow or Skarmory best in-game?

• Swellow

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Skarmory

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
Which is better for in-game uses: Swellow or Skarmory?

it depends what you need. ._.; Swellow is a great Choice Bander and Physical Sweeper, while Skarmory is a great Tank and Spiker. Totally up to the needs of the team.

I personally like Swellow WAYYYYY more than Skarm. ^_^; OTS, people! :O (and for those of you who DON'T know what that stands for, it's "Original Team Sapphire" XD)

Volteon

Back I guess??
I like swellow more too, it´s fast and can take an awesome advantage with endeavor and toxic, choice band in it is also great, and in double battles poisoning it + facade, swellows transforms itself into a great swepper!

also swellow, crobat and aerodactyl are the only flying pokés that can outspeed sceptile (even rayquaza can´t!)
also it´s a good breeder in case of aerial ace!

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
The needs of the team......what tha? I have no earthly idea what ya mean SapphireL.....

Brute Root said:
The needs of the team......what tha? I have no earthly idea what ya mean SapphireL.....
^_^;; whoopsie. lol

well, I mean that Swellow is a great Pokemon if you want to attack your opponent fast and hard. (Swellow has a good Attack, and a great Speed.) Swellow comes with attacks like Aerial Ace/Facade/Steel Wing/Return/Quick Attack...

...Skarmory on the other hand is a great Pokemon if you want to last longer against the opponent. Skarm has no physical weaknesses and a pretty good Defense too. It comes with attacks like Spikes/Roar/Rest/Whirl Wind/Taunt etc which are good for it as well.

I's hope this makes sense.

killerkyogre14

Ohtachi said:
I prefer Skarmory far more. (The Anime ruined some of the Hoenn Pokemon. Most, actually.) Besides, Swellow is one of the few Pokemon I dislike, which IS saying something. Sorry, SapphireL. :(

same hear but sakrmory can learn more powerfull moves than swellow

i think???

Blastoise King

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
powerful doesnt mean **** if you dont have a strong attack stat to back them up =/ its like shuckle with eq

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
I would personally say Skarmory.. Its a great Pokemon to have. and Swellow.. I think is kinda weak >> but thats just my opion ._.

E

Evanji Axu

I love them both, as I have a Swellow (Sly) in my main team and a Skarmory (Athena) that's gotten me my Bravery and Spirit symbols. I like them both equally.

Deathskully

I r gud riter.
Ummm.. The best physical wall in the game that can both PHaze and Spike, or a decent UU choice bander.. Tough choice...

jellsprout

Skarmory! I use it in the Battle Frontier, and it helps alot.

L

legendary fire trainer

a beefed up swellow with a high attack can rool the roost over skarmory simply because of speed;006;

E

Evanji Axu

legendary fire trainer said:
a beefed up swellow with a high attack can rool the roost over skarmory simply because of speed;006;

Even with STAB, EV training, and a +Atk nature, Swellow won't scuff Skarmory. Not only does Normal do half to Steel, but Skarmory has crazy defense. And NetBattle wise, Swellow is Borderline whereas Skarmory is Overused.

Your logic phails.

Twitch

;227; Skarmory for the win. Spikeshuffling is really cool ingame, and it walls people like crazy. And think about that Swellow needs EVs, CB and other stuff to be decent. Skarmory is good without anything really. (Ingame, that is. But I guess that Swellow's pretty good ingame too.) And last but not least, Skarmory's an awesome Pokemon design-wise.

ShadowKitsune

Care to Battle?
Skarmory with Double Team + Toxic = death among the opponent.

Edgekid Matt

Beginning Trainer
I personally prefer Swellow, And thats the one that I would use in the game. However I do think that Skarmory would be the stronger out of the twp. But I wouldn't use him.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
KaiserRyu said:
Skarmory with Double Team + Toxic = death among the opponent.
Double Team= NO.
I personally prefer Skarmory. An armour-plated hawk warrior is way cooler than a bog-standard swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.