• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SWF Custom Pokemon Shop: The Movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
*I read the rules and there was nothing about posting sprites from another forum here so....here I go xD

Heeyyyyy, everyone! It's Lishus13 here, and I work at The Custom Pokemon Shop at Smash World Forums under the name Meta-Kirby. We have 6 members, and for our 1-year anniversary, we created a sprite movie that we'd like for people to check out.
Comments in this thread, on the video are GREATLY appreciated!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_SAH1Hvvpg&feature=channel_page

Note: In "Mewter"'s Section, the names are messed up a bit. Just disregard them as they go along....xD

-Raiga-

To be honest they aren't really that amazing considering you have six spriters all doing this. Almost all of them(I only went through about half the video because of how ridiculously long) were just copy and paste fusions that really anybody could do. The nicest one I seen was the tangela/Entei mix, because of the scratch spriting.

Also, I noticed some of them, such as the poliwrath repose had no shading whatsoever which is unacceptable for a repose. Please have you're whole team up the quality of the fusions, because in my opinion, and many others for that matter I would rather have 5 great sprites than 9 minutes worth of average sprites. Please know that I'm not trying to insult you're sprites, just make sure you're trying everthing you can on your sprites.

Last edited:

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
To be honest they aren't really that amazing considering you have six spriters all doing this. Almost all of them(I only went through about half the video because of how ridiculously long) were just copy and paste fusions that really anybody could do. The nicest one I seen was the tangela/Entei mix, because of the scratch spriting.

We have six spriters who have different styles. I'll admit that some work isn't great >_> *stares at particular parts*.
In actuality, though, our best member, Spire III, is at the very end of the video.
I hope you got to my section ;_; (Meta-Kirby)

-Raiga-

I've seen you're section now, and I can say that you have copy and paste spriting down fairly well, but then I look at sprites like the groudon/venasaur and am not so sure. I think if you make more sprites that the work is evident in such as haunter/dusclops you could become very good. Just make sure that you are trying things you can't do, because you won't get better copying parts and pasting them.

Yami Ryu

¬¬

Ok you know why no one's ever done this before? Because partly that's not showcasing sprites. That's a tad digital media. Secondly, you're showing off the work of others. Thirdly, it's a snore fest trying to get through the 'video'.

The extreme close ups of the sprites don't help- but already a problem was cropping up in the first few. Extremely Cut and paste. Extremely Cut and Paste. EXTREMELY CUT AND PASTE. Others were basically heads on new bodies. Shading? What shading- shading wasn't changed just colors swapped. Yes it really helps when Gyarados and Sharpedo are both shaded differently, and all you did was take one whole pokemon- or someone else, and paste it over Gyarados's own head. This does nothing.

The revamps, the few I saw before just closing the tab, were mostly just bad recolors- there was no revamping about them.

I suggest either showing off your own sprites, a clip of just yours, and the names NOT INTERFERING and the sprites NOT blown up at about 50/70% bigger.

I mean ffs 'it's not in the rules so it must be ok!'

The rules don't say 'Don't throw water on your computer', does that mean it's ok to do?

.-.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
¬¬

Ok you know why no one's ever done this before? Because partly that's not showcasing sprites. That's a tad digital media. Secondly, you're showing off the work of others. Thirdly, it's a snore fest trying to get through the 'video'.

The extreme close ups of the sprites don't help- but already a problem was cropping up in the first few. Extremely Cut and paste. Extremely Cut and Paste. EXTREMELY CUT AND PASTE. Others were basically heads on new bodies. Shading? What shading- shading wasn't changed just colors swapped. Yes it really helps when Gyarados and Sharpedo are both shaded differently, and all you did was take one whole pokemon- or someone else, and paste it over Gyarados's own head. This does nothing.

The revamps, the few I saw before just closing the tab, were mostly just bad recolors- there was no revamping about them.

I suggest either showing off your own sprites, a clip of just yours, and the names NOT INTERFERING and the sprites NOT blown up at about 50/70% bigger.

The rules don't say 'Don't throw water on your computer', does that mean it's ok to do?

.-.

1) I didn't make the video, my friend did. You can look at any Youtube video and realize that nobody keeps their sprites at a normal size because it looks awkward by itself in a large frame. Sprites are small, and they must be blown up to fit on the Youtube screen. I figured this was absolute common sense.

2) I've never done a successful/serious revamp, I have nothing to say regarding this issue. You seem to have gripes with the other member's sprites, which is none of my concern. My section was under the name "Meta-Kirby", and assuming from your comments, you might not have gotten there yet. So, I DID post my own sprites, and whether or not you actually got to them, I don't know.

3) Please watch the whole video, as the best spriter is at the very end. Spire III sounds...almost exactly what you "want" from a spriter, trust me.

4) Stop assuming that everyone around your god damn inflated egotistical self is so freaking stupid that we can't keep our head on straight. If you would have used your context clues, you would realize that I was referring to the initial posting of the video as something that would or would not be chastised under SWF or Fan Sprites rules, which is wasn't. You seem to think that I made a video and posted it because it's not the rules NOT to do so, which is completely and TOTALLY the wrong interpretation. I suggest you take a chill pill with the whole "I'm the best spriter around" persona.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
1) I didn't make the video, my friend did. You can look at any Youtube video and realize that nobody keeps their sprites at a normal size because it looks awkward by itself in a large frame. Sprites are small, and they must be blown up to fit on the Youtube screen. I figured this was absolute common sense.

2) I've never done a successful/serious revamp, I have nothing to say regarding this issue. You seem to have gripes with the other member's sprites, which is none of my concern. My section was under the name "Meta-Kirby", and assuming from your comments, you might not have gotten there yet. So, I DID post my own sprites, and whether or not you actually got to them, I don't know.

3) Please watch the whole video, as the best spriter is at the very end. Spire III sounds...almost exactly what you "want" from a spriter, trust me.

4) Stop assuming that everyone around your god damn inflated egotistical self is so freaking stupid that we can't keep our head on straight. If you would have used your context clues, you would realize that I was referring to the initial posting of the video as something that would or would not be chastised under SWF or Fan Sprites rules, which is wasn't. You seem to think that I made a video and posted it because it's not the rules NOT to do so, which is completely and TOTALLY the wrong interpretation. I suggest you take a chill pill with the whole "I'm the best spriter around" persona.

You're just asking for Yami to yell at you now.

I mean why post your sprites (or a link) and then get mad when someone criticizes them? It defeats the entire purpose of this forum. Sure, Yami may seem to be coming off a little harsh sometimes, but the words are actually helpful, however you seem to just shoot at anyone who opposes your work in a more critical way than others. Also, I don't think Yami is so conceded to think that she is the best spriter here, in fact I would bet you huindreds that Yami doesn't think that.

Anyways, showing your own sprites is fine, but to advertise other people's sprites IS against the rukes. Since your video contains sprites that are not yours, this is technically against the rules.

torterra09

The One To BEAT!!
The sprites are great,but try to add better sprites.(i'm not being mean)

Yami Ryu

I AM A GOD OF SPRITING. EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE. BOW TO ME PUNY MORTALS! MY SPRITES REQUIRE YOUR SOULS, SWEAT, BLOOD AND TEARS TO SURVIVE!

WORSHIP THEM! FOR THEY ARE GODLY!!!!1

drama drama melodrama overdrama dramaqueen drama drama dramdramdramadram

on a serious note. You're *****ing at me- because I got bored to death, trying to view sprites, not even made by you. You're *****ing at me cause oh I didn't know you had to distort sprites to put them on Youtube, since I never watch videos about pure sprites, even tho I've seen people magically able to put speed runs and stuff, without distorting the size.

And it's my fault you weren't capable of even linking to your own work- asking your friend to make a seperate vid of your sprites. Or you know, actually doing what I said and posting them?

BENNY HILL THEME SONG MOMENT HERE.

BENNY HILL SONG OVER.

I suggest you, stop whining and take off the rose red whine tinted glasses upon the bridge of your nose, and re-read what I said.

If you were true spriters, you and your buddie buds would want, to get crit and not mindless worship.

I GET MINDLESS WORSHIP AND AM I HAPPY? NO I WANT CRIT I WANT TO GET BETTER. NO I DON'T WANT TO BE TROLLED BUT IF YOU HONESTLY CAN'T SEPERATE WHAT I DO, FROM WHAT TROLLS DO, THEN GO BACK TO YOUR OTHER FORUMS.

god.

I hate having to use caps so much. It hurts my fingers to yell constantly over the lolzernet.

Frost-Phoenix1

Teh Frostest Phoenix
All over the forum there is a lot of yelling because of you, Yami, lol. But seriously, Lishus, she offers good advice, even if it can be a bit harsh. Take heed. I can't even see the video >.>

Hello, I am FirustheHedgehog who made the video and is probably the only person's sprites most of you have seen. I'm here to clarify some things...

Ironically, Entangel involved little to no scratching. Just some blending.

¬¬

I'm sorry it's such a "snore-fest", but what would you have me do? Each sprite is on-screen for four seconds. If I decreased it any more you'd be angry because the sprites wouldn't be on the screen for long enough. I realize it's long, but if it's so long and you don't want to watch it, then don't watch it and don't even bother complaining about it. I realize that it is a rather long video, I don't entirely blame you, but this is like the people who see a long post in a topic, and just say "tl;dr" and nothing more. If you don't want to read it, then don't read it.
Just stating my opinion on this.

The extreme close ups of the sprites don't help

As Lishus said, the sprites look awkward in a frame that's 434x326. I'm not sure why them being large is such a problem, considering I did it exactly 4x.

but already a problem was cropping up in the first few. Extremely Cut and paste. Extremely Cut and Paste. EXTREMELY CUT AND PASTE. Others were basically heads on new bodies. Shading? What shading- shading wasn't changed just colors swapped. Yes it really helps when Gyarados and Sharpedo are both shaded differently, and all you did was take one whole pokemon- or someone else, and paste it over Gyarados's own head. This does nothing.

I will admit, Shyarados was a rather lazy fusion of mine...I don't recall exactly what my thoughts were while doing that. All I can say is, I put it in the video because it received high praise at our shop (and please, don't make a comment about the people who visit our shop just because they appreciate something you don't). Our aim is generally to please our customers. However, I don't see how the shading is so different, or what I should've changed with the shading. I may do copy-pastes, but I can tell when something looks good or bad, and I can certainly blend (and do in all of my sprites, none of them are pure copy-paste).

Also, many of the sprites weren't even fusions. It's hard to say that they're all extremely cut-and-paste if there are retypes.

Are you sure you actually looked at them? I assume you're only talking about mine, and none of the revamps I put in that video are pure recolors. I spent a very long time perfecting that Gyarados revamp, shading and all. The Moltres was admittedly not AS good, but it certainly wasn't a pure recolor. Those are the only two revamps in my section; if you got further than that, then I would probably have to agree that they were pure recolors, but it doesn't sound like it from "...before just closing the tab..."

First of all, this isn't Lishus's way of showing all of his sprites. He's showing the video. I really don't know exactly how things work around here, perhaps it isn't really what he should have done, but just understand that he wasn't trying to show just his sprites with this.

Second of all, I am sorry about the names, but I only have Windows Movie Maker and the only two places they can go is middle, or slightly below.

Third of all, I still don't get what's so bad about enlarging the sprites. They were enlarged PRECISELY by 4x. There was no distorting of the sprites. I figured enlarging them to make them more visible would be a good thing.

.-.

Thanks for comparing our video to throwing water on a computer.

And as he explained, that is not what he was saying.

You're just asking for Yami to yell at you now.

I mean why post your sprites (or a link) and then get mad when someone criticizes them? It defeats the entire purpose of this forum. Sure, Yami may seem to be coming off a little harsh sometimes, but the words are actually helpful, however you seem to just shoot at anyone who opposes your work in a more critical way than others. Also, I don't think Yami is so conceded to think that she is the best spriter here, in fact I would bet you huindreds that Yami doesn't think that.

Because there's a difference between critique and flat-out criticism. Her whole tone was cynical, and it's hard to not get upset when someone basically insults you. He's not just coming off a little harsh, and the words are not helpful considering he was very dismissive in regards to our sprites, just labeling them as "bad recolors" or "very cut and paste". When someone "critiques" your sprites like that, it either makes you want to quit spriting altogether or ignore them because they're just acting like a jerk. At least, that's how it makes me feel.

Anyways, showing your own sprites is fine, but to advertise other people's sprites IS against the rukes. Since your video contains sprites that are not yours, this is technically against the rules.

I don't see why it's against the rules because some of the sprites aren't his. Some of them are.

The sprites are great,but try to add better sprites.(i'm not being mean)

Uh...not only is that INCREDIBLY vague, but it is, in fact, rather mean.

I AM A GOD OF SPRITING. EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE. BOW TO ME PUNY MORTALS! MY SPRITES REQUIRE YOUR SOULS, SWEAT, BLOOD AND TEARS TO SURVIVE!

WORSHIP THEM! FOR THEY ARE GODLY!!!!1

No one said this.

on a serious note. You're *****ing at me- because I got bored to death, trying to view sprites, not even made by you. You're *****ing at me cause oh I didn't know you had to distort sprites to put them on Youtube, since I never watch videos about pure sprites, even tho I've seen people magically able to put speed runs and stuff, without distorting the size.

Yes, he is getting a little angry that you didn't bother to get far in the video...I am a little too. It's annoying to work long and hard on something and then have someone brush it off because they're too lazy to bother with it. In addition, maybe you would see some of the scratching and such you want if you looked at later members. Half of Mewter's sprites are totally scratched, and Spire's are all basically what you're looking for. You can't complain about how bad all of us are if you haven't seen what all of our sprites look like.

Also, you keep saying "distort", there was no distortion involved. They were just enlarged. The sprites are not perfect quality, but that is because of a combination of bad quality with Windows Movie Maker and the bad quality of YouTube.

And it's my fault you weren't capable of even linking to your own work- asking your friend to make a seperate vid of your sprites. Or you know, actually doing what I said and posting them?

He did not "ask his friend to make a separate video". I made the video of my own accord for our shop. He linked to it here.

He's capable of linking to his own work, hell, I can link you if you really want. But he posted this for a reason. Clearly, though, you guys are not fans of sprite videos.

I suggest you, stop whining and take off the rose red whine tinted glasses upon the bridge of your nose, and re-read what I said.

He's not whining, the only thing that resembled whining was the fourth part -- and you DID come off rather arrogant and dismissive, no offense.

If you were true spriters, you and your buddie buds would want, to get crit and not mindless worship.

Again, no one asked for mindless worship. I don't imagine you read the description, as it said,"Feel free to comment on the sprites, but please do so in a respectful manner." We freely accept critique. But it would be great if you could be respectful.

Not to mention, you don't know what we said, only what Lishus said, and he didn't even say that he didn't want critique.

I GET MINDLESS WORSHIP AND AM I HAPPY? NO I WANT CRIT I WANT TO GET BETTER. NO I DON'T WANT TO BE TROLLED BUT IF YOU HONESTLY CAN'T SEPERATE WHAT I DO, FROM WHAT TROLLS DO, THEN GO BACK TO YOUR OTHER FORUMS.

god.

I hate having to use caps so much. It hurts my fingers to yell constantly over the lolzernet.

Jeez, why are you so dedicated to the assumption you made? You really ought to realize that he reacted badly because of the way you put it, NOT because he's not looking for critique.

All over the forum there is a lot of yelling because of you, Yami, lol. But seriously, Lishus, she offers good advice, even if it can be a bit harsh. Take heed. I can't even see the video >.>

It's hard to see the good advice when all she did was made sweeping generalizations and dismiss our sprites like that.

And no, you can't see the video; due to some issues with one member's names (and some slight music changes), I had to tweak the video, and deleted the old one.

Here is the edited version.

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

but what would you have me do?

You post the sprites in a thread. That is what you do. You don't make a video. Why? Because not everyone can view youtube anyways. Because you're forcing people to SIT FOR NINE ****ING MINUTES WATCHING SPRITES SCROLL BY and for what? Obviously we can not critisize the sprites NOT made by the Topic starter.

I'm sorry but it is NOT my fault that I didn't want to waste ten minutes watching a snore fest, when I could have spent half the time glancing at them all at once in a thread, or those made by the topic starter, and then using the rest of my time to crit and give advice.

I'm not sure why them being large is such a problem

Because sprites are meant to be viewed at normal size. When you blow them up/enlarge them they become slightly distorted, extremely pixelated and it's just down right blah. And all errors on the sprites are exaggerated ten fold.

he Moltres was admittedly not AS good, but it certainly wasn't a pure recolor.

Blowing it up didn't help. And frankly no it wasn't much of a revamp, it and the TTar were poorly done. I would actually give you advice on what to do but it seems you don't want to get better because oh we work at a shop and costumers are satisfied so we won't try and improve.

That and this isn't your thread and all the sprites aren't all yours.

No one said this.

Ye rite.

Stop assuming that everyone around your god damn inflated egotistical self is so freaking stupid that we can't keep our head on straight. If you would have used your context clues, you would realize that I was referring to the initial posting of the video as something that would or would not be chastised under SWF or Fan Sprites rules, which is wasn't. You seem to think that I made a video and posted it because it's not the rules NOT to do so, which is completely and TOTALLY the wrong interpretation. I suggest you take a chill pill with the whole "I'm the best spriter around" persona

U apolgy nao? ye ohke, i acept.

Moving on.

Lastly.

It's hard to say that they're all extremely cut-and-paste if there are retypes.

And it's hard to view sprites when you can't view them correctly or you know, it seems crit isn't wanted unless it comes wrapped up with a Oh god these sprites make me fangasm!

If you guys don't want the crit then fine, go back to your lala land forums of praise and worship- because as you mostly admit that's what you get and you get very little crit.

Status
Not open for further replies.