• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword and Shield anime art style speculation

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Any art style pre-SM is fine with me.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I miss black-eyed Ash. He still looks like himself with the more visible irises, but it was always cool when in a serious/emotional moment you’d finally see the brown in his eyes. Ever since BW, that effect doesn’t really work anymore. It was always kind of a trademark Ash thing, so while I like his new design(s) I wouldn’t mind the original style back.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Tbh I see the Masters style being used. Things like the shading and eyes look the most like DP, but there are noticeable SM influences there. You can see
a little BW/XY as well; so it’s the best of both worlds, I guess. A full series with a higher budget looking like that would be nice.

Tbh I see the Masters style being used. Things like the shading and eyes look the most like DP, but there are noticeable SM influences there. You can see
a little BW/XY as well; so it’s the best of both worlds, I guess. A full series with a higher budget looking like that would be nice.

I wouldn’t mind Masters style, but the color palette is just a little too bland like DP. Everything looks muted.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I wouldn’t mind Masters style, but the color palette is just a little too bland like DP. Everything looks muted.

The color palette does look bland, but I’d take it over something oversaturated like BW and occasionally SM. Ideally we’d get an improved version of XY-like coloring, but I’d be okay with what Masters has shown us. DP wasn’t bad imo; it was an upgrade over the very muted look of AG. But there was still room for improvement, so if this is the style they’re going with I hope they spruce it up.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rock Captain 99 said:
Even if they manage it somehow, we will start hating the looks of the characters if it's in CGI

In my case, if the CGI is done in the same style that was used in the recent Mewtwo movie, I'd be pretty disappointed since I didn't like all of the character models in that movie. But there are better CGI animation studios out there that might make a better CGI series.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I really want to know how people even considered the possibility of having a cgi anime like the mewtwo movie

_---------
I'm expecting the SM style but greatly improved, maybe closer to the old style but still with similar techniques
Considering how in some articles people mentioned how much better it was to animate, I don't think we're exactly going back to XY style.
Looks like we're really getting something like that

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Looks like we're really getting something like that
Give how satoshi return to the blue and yellow short-seeven jackets and him smug (os-xy) & shaper spikes hair and bug eye (let go pikachu and eevee player eye) it is lot improve the sm art style and i saying that I actually like it (this from a classic pocket monsters anime art fan)

Last edited: