• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword and shield theory (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
In a new trailer for sword and shield there is a statue behind Marnie which is holding a shield and has its right arm up holding what I assume to be a sword now as you can see by the picture of the legendaries one of them is holding a sword and the other has the mane that is a shield (I keep forgetting there names) so my theory is that the statue is the two legendaries combined there’s probably a technical term for it but I have no idea what that is in Pokemon

399c9530-12db-4b1a-8a71-af99cd86d89c

508a7f40-1754-476a-9084-762b2e72076c

That was my theory I hope you have a poketastic day

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
In a new trailer for sword and shield there is a statue behind Marnie which is holding a shield and has its right arm up holding what I assume to be a sword now as you can see by the picture of the legendaries one of them is holding a sword and the other has the mane that is a shield (I keep forgetting there names) so my theory is that the statue is the two legendaries combined there’s probably a technical term for it but I have no idea what that is in Pokemon

399c9530-12db-4b1a-8a71-af99cd86d89c

508a7f40-1754-476a-9084-762b2e72076c

That was my theory I hope you have a poketastic day
You mean absofusion? Also can't see the pictures but I assume your talking about the golden statue featuring the warrior?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
While it makes too much sense for there to be an ancient Pokemon whose sword is Zacian, and whose shield is Zamazenta, and for there to be a version where these to fuse with said Pokemon.....

I hope we skip fusing the legendaries this gen. We got that I. Gen 5 and 7, let's take a break.

Maybe the lore mentions a king of old whose sword could cut anything and whose shield could block anything, and the truth is his sword and shield were Pokemon not literal objects.

shoz999

While it makes too much sense for there to be an ancient Pokemon whose sword is Zacian, and whose shield is Zamazenta, and for there to be a version where these to fuse with said Pokemon.....

I hope we skip fusing the legendaries this gen. We got that I. Gen 5 and 7, let's take a break.

Maybe the lore mentions a king of old whose sword could cut anything and whose shield could block anything, and the truth is his sword and shield were Pokemon not literal objects.
I thought Absofusion and Ultra Burst was kind of cool even though they were pretty much the same concept. Wouldn't mind seeing the concept again in legendaries, don't know about regular Pokemon though.

Orphalesion

Maybe Zacian and Zamazenta inherited their sword and shield from that older figure depicted in the statue. He/She was the guardian of Galar, but they had to leave (like King Arthur) and as to not leave the region without protector he gave his sword and shield to his two trusted Pokemon and they became the legendaries.
Particularly works with Zacian since it is literally shown carrying a sword, but even Zamazenta could be itnerpreted as wearing that shield/armour.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Maybe Zacian and Zamazenta inherited their sword and shield from that older figure depicted in the statue. He/She was the guardian of Galar, but they had to leave (like King Arthur) and as to not leave the region without protector he gave his sword and shield to his two trusted Pokemon and they became the legendaries.
Particularly works with Zacian since it is literally shown carrying a sword, but even Zamazenta could be itnerpreted as wearing that shield/armour.

We have seen several Pokemon basically create Pokemon (Arceus is the obvious, as well as Ho-oh with the beast trio). And then there are the basically man made Pokemon.

Perhaps the hero was unable to go on but still wished to protect ancient Galar, and that somehow lead to his sword and shield becoming Pokemon. Or perhaps they were taken up by 2 of his trusted Pokemon and that somehow resulted in the cover legends as we know them now.

shoz999

We have seen several Pokemon basically create Pokemon (Arceus is the obvious, as well as Ho-oh with the beast trio). And then there are the basically man made Pokemon.

Perhaps the hero was unable to go on but still wished to protect ancient Galar, and that somehow lead to his sword and shield becoming Pokemon. Or perhaps they were taken up by 2 of his trusted Pokemon and that somehow resulted in the cover legends as we know them now.
Or maybe... maybe the hero wanted to be the very best like no one ever was!

An enemy Knight - Dear god! Look at the size of Galar's Champion! He could rip me in pieces with that sword! He could bludgeon me to death with those fists! He... he... he's challenging me to a Pokemon battle... why? Why is it always Pokemon battles!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this, as it can be discussed in the rumor/speculation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.