• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword Art Online

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
An anime series about a VMMORPG (Virtual Massive Multiplayer Roleplaying Game) where if you did in the game you die in real life. For the first half it focuses On Kirito and Asuna, and for the second half, Kirito and Leafa.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
It's overated

The only good episodes were the first 2 or 3, then they did that timeskip thingy, and it went to shit

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The first series was utter ****, the pacing was off in the first couple of episodes, the plot took a while to get going, and midway through started getting too shipficy. But I like what I've seen so far of the Alfheim Online arc.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I liked it, but wow, pacing was so laughably off, I mean, seriously, in like, what, three episodes, two years pass, and in like seven episodes, it's like, what, a week?

ALO was better, but not, well, perfect in any way.

The Extra Edition was just no, as basically all it did was: Recap>Swimming>Recap>Swimming>RecapRecapRecapRecapRecap>Underwater Quest thing.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I love the series, and it wasn't even the pacing that bothered me. It was the lack of details.
Like for instance farther into the show, they go back to the beginning town and that a-hole of a guy took control of the government and misusing it and all that. And they even said that they needed/would take him down. Next episode not one mention or a word about it. I was really looking forward to that fight ;_______________;

Vernikova

Champion
The only good thing about the series is the first OP and some of the animation. They try to get you to feel for characters that you've known for only an episode (which they don't even do well), the villain was a joke, and Kirito is simply boring to say it in a positive way.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I'm kinda meh on it. I don't hate it, but I can see why a lot of people do. Despite this, I do read the light novel, or at least I did before my old computer died.

raigeki- Technically ALO is part of season 1. GunGale is supposedly going to be season 2.

UnitRico

I've started watching it, and so far it seems like they wasted a lot of potential. The fact that they're in a game doesn't really seem to be all that important. Sure, the theme comes back all the time, but I don't see how they couldn't just rewrite it in five minutes and make it a standard fantasy story. The fact that everything happens within the game itself is also disappointing to me. I want to know what happens outside of the game that isn't just the maker of the game going "Yeah, here are some news reports on people dying".

Not to say that it's downright terrible or not entertaining in any way, it's just that I feel like they had a really interesting setting and then decided to throw in every cliché they could find.

NinjaMay

Death Scythe
Wow, everybody seems to be bashing this anime, heh. Yeah, the time skips are a little different, but they never bothered me that much. The characters and the ideas are pretty original imo and it's done well so I like it. Maybe they could include some scenes from outside of the game though, to show you how family etc. are reacting.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
The first 2 episodes were good. Episode 3 was okay. Everything after that was terrible. I made it to Episode 15 where they introduced the ALO main villain, who is probably the worst anime villain of all time, and Kirito gets yet another love interest...his sister/cousin. I dropped it. Probably the most overrated anime I've ever watched. I'm surprised, and yet at the same time not surprised this show is getting another season...