• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword of Destiny (Discussion)

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Name: AzureWraith Scarlet ( Called Azure for shortness )

Title: The Scarlet Slayer/Blood Lightning

Race: Dragoon

Appearance: His face is relatively human, besides for s yellow, jagged horn atop his forehead. Two other horns on the side of his head, above his temples run to the front for quite a length. He has teeth which resemble more like a demon's then a Dragon's, but can be retracted at will to become normal teeth. With a dark yellow lower jaw and spikes protruding on them, he looks quite evil. His eyes are unique in a way that when he's angry, his eyes will flare gold and black, but in a passive state, he only has gold pupils surrounded by white.

He has a row of jagged, yellow spikes on his shoulders down to his forearms, with two additional rows flowing from his neck down to his waist. His clothes are specifically designed to have holes for these spikes, and are weighed. His shirt has a red cross, surrounded by a gold pentagram, and the rest is teal-greenish, up to his elbows. He wears two long gauntlets, both scale-like and teal, along with fingerless gloves. His pants are plain, long tealish pants which are made of leather. They're also scale-plated. His fingers are actually scaled, teal claws, tipped golden. Sharp and deadly.

Personality: Years and years of combat and demon-slaying have gave him his title. It has made him a loner, a man that loves the silence, even in death. He's very blunt, straightforward, and almost never beats around the bush. His artifically enhanced lifespan allowed him to gather his wits and knowledge, making him as wise and enigmatic as Alurmi. He used to be a very headstrong, arrogant young lad that would charge into battle, but now, having lived the life of a hermit, he is seeking greater causes in life, and respects Alurmi as a mentor of sorts, as she's much more knowledgable then him. Even in his old age, Azure is still the brave man he once was, honorable and vigilant to strive in whatever he wants.

(Sorry about the really short personality. Hehe.)

History: Contradictory to his title, Legend tells tales of a dashing man in teal-blue armor, leading the frontlines many, many years ago when the sakh first arrived. Slaughtering countless foes and the evil demonic magics that they let loose upon the world. But what gave him that title was not his armor or the way he fought. It was his weapon. It was Gungnir, the legendary spear. Some tales say that he got it in a dungeon near the center of Crownen. Some tell long stories of how he fought with the God's themselves to get a hold of the spear. Some called him the Savior of the World. Some called him the Destroyer. But his real past could or could nto be further from the truth.

(In short, Unknown History.)

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hm, so we have a legendary warrior with mysterious whereabouts and past. I like it. Having him be really close with Alurmi would be a bit too much, but it is possible that he could have met her a few times before and listened to her words of wisdom. Perhaps we might meet him one day.

I have added Azure, under guise of his two titles, to the NPC list.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Eh, not sure what to do about this RP. I keep seeing it make a comeback even though there are times when I thought everyone gave up on it. Personally, I thought it was dead and I gave up on it over a month ago.

I don't know, maybe it might be a good idea to restart it, but advance the storyline a bit? It just seems like the RP is stuck in limbo where people don't want it to die out, but most of the original RPers don't think it's still active.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Many thanks to DVB for rescuing this RPG! I, too, thought it was dead, believe it or not. I guess that's the downside of having such complexity in an RPG. But the RPG is still going, and in fact I'm planning on doing another post soon.

As for people still thinking the RPG is dead... that can be solved by VMing people (especially Niihyl and TheSequelReturns, who I know are active yet hasn't posted in this RPG lately). Which I will do very shortly.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Huh. It's alive? I'd left it for dead nearly... A month ago. If you're going to propel the plot forward a bit, and there are others who'd do so, I'd love to continue. Gemini the Aqrabuamelu still has life in him.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Many thanks to DVB for rescuing this RPG! I, too, thought it was dead, believe it or not. I guess that's the downside of having such complexity in an RPG. But the RPG is still going, and in fact I'm planning on doing another post soon.

As for people still thinking the RPG is dead... that can be solved by VMing people (especially Niihyl and TheSequelReturns, who I know are active yet hasn't posted in this RPG lately). Which I will do very shortly.

Well, it wasn't the complexity that derailed me, more like the uncertainty of what plan was agreed upon by the characters. Then the attack happened and I wasn't really sure where to go with it.

I was thinking of catching up by having my character wake up in captivity, captured during the last attack and not really knowing what happened until his captors fill him in on the gruesome details. After that, he escapes and meets up with the rest of the characters.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hmm, that's an interesting idea... but in order to be captured, you first have to leave Avalon, because that's where the attackers are. After all, such evil-minded beings cannot pass through the border. Slipomatic got it spot-on: there's a loophole in the border that allows spells to pass through, but not their casters.

Lemme see, what other cliffhangers can I provide... Ah, Alurmi will be in for quite a surprise when I do my next post.

Speaking of my next post... I'm in the middle of studying for a very difficult final exam, so I won't be able to post until tomorrow. Dunno why I'm even posting here now, in fact... :\

Okay, I guess I lied earlier about thinking the RPG was dead... I still had some hope for it, because the links for it were still in my signature. As long as those links remain, this RPG is officially still alive. Just as alive as GLaDOS still is.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I figure Kaxo would panic from the fire, since he's especially vulnerable to it as a Lilyara. In his haste, he rushes out of Avalon thinking it's no longer safe, figuring it's better to get out and hide rather than stick around and risk getting fried, thinking somehow the barrier got broken completely. However, he rushes past the barrier, gets his lights knocked out from an ambush, and wakes up in captivity.

Hopefully that works and fits with everything else. Typically, Kaxo isn't a coward, but flames and fire can light him up like a firework in only seconds. Asking him to hang around fire is like asking someone to stick around a ticking time bomb just to make sure it goes off when it's supposed to.

Should have my next post up soon.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Sorry about never clearing this up. The Sakh's name is Ragontal. I coudl't decide on a name, so I left it like that and forgot.

By the way, are we fighting a spell, or are there guys coming to fight us? I really dont know how Bronson will fight a spell, he's more of muscle vs muscle guy. ;)

And 1 more thing. The RP that was started by Vampiratemace a little while, called The Time Travelers Bachannel or Brawl. I really liked my character there, so he will be making a brief, probably unimportant (or very important) apperanve later. I hope thats ok Kiruria.

Here is his bio: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=13453948#post13453948

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Sorry about never clearing this up. The Sakh's name is Ragontal. I coudl't decide on a name, so I left it like that and forgot.

By the way, are we fighting a spell, or are there guys coming to fight us? I really dont know how Bronson will fight a spell, he's more of muscle vs muscle guy. ;)

And 1 more thing. The RP that was started by Vampiratemace a little while, called The Time Travelers Bachannel or Brawl. I really liked my character there, so he will be making a brief, probably unimportant (or very important) apperanve later. I hope thats ok Kiruria.

Here is his bio: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=13453948#post13453948

I could easily hazard a guess on what we're most likely going to have to do. Since one way or another, we'll going to have to leave Avalon, we will most likely going to have to fight whatever has casted the spell and/or group of minions. This is just a guess, but a highly likely option imo.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Right you are, Slipomatic. And I just made that goal very clear in my post. That's right, I just posted in the RPG, so that means it's really underway!

@Neo Pikachu: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on for a bit. Being thrown into prison, meeting an NPC, and helping everyone escape? Okay. Switching bodies with said NPC? Not okay. At least not yet anyway. (By the way, I've added Lysha to the NPC list.)

Body switching is very complex magic, that it is. It is possible, but it is not something you can just snap your fingers at and make happen, with everything being okay afterward. It will take a while for each person to get used to the new body, first of all. Also, due to the powerful nature of this spell and the effects of the aura, body-switching spells like this only last for a specific amount of time, usually a few days. To keep changing disguises, Lysha would have had to change form every few days, with each person she inhabited beforehand returning to their old self eventually.

Also, what kind of powers did Lysha have before the switch? I think I saw something about fire being mentioned, but you need to give me the details about those powers, because they are now Kaxo's. And keep in mind that with this switch, Kaxo will not have his old abilities. In fact, it will take a while before he can use the new ones, since he has to get used to the body first.

And finally, I just want to clarify: Kaxo and Lysha just switched bodies, right? Neither of them changed their appearance or anything like that, right? If so, Kaxo's in a female body now. Meaning he would now have the urge to act a bit more feminine than usual. He'll keep his memories and most of his personality, but his personality will be a little bit skewed by the sex difference.

And that is in fact one danger of body switching. That is why people who teach the art advise their pupils to use it mainly on subjects of their own gender and race. Changing those two variables tends to skew one's personality a little bit in favor of the new gender/race. Kaxo might be a bit more aggressive and territorial than before, for instance, since he's switching bodies with a dragoon. Lysha, by contrast, will have a tendency to be a little more complacent, since she's now a Lilyara. A male one, but still...

Now, I'm going to be nice to you and let you keep what you posted. If anything, this makes for an interesting plot device. However, I advise you to heed the warnings I have given above. Making such large changes to a character has its consequences after all.

EDIT: Okay, since ryodragonite, Floorman, and zandgaia have been inactive for over two months and have not responded to my PM's, I am issuing them a final warning. By the end of this week, they will be kicked out of the RPG if they do not respond.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Eh... no. It wasn't to switch their bodies, it was to change Kaxo's race since I honestly had second thoughts about his Lilyara race (was kind of a lame race for a male character anyways), and I felt this would be an okay way to do it without creating a new character. Also, yes, I did that all in one post because... well, the posting rate hasn't been too high. Yes, it seems like a lot was pounded into that one post, but next time, I'll try not to make things so touch and go.

Main objective was to have two characters with the motive of changing race. For Kaxo, it was to get out of a race he never really felt a part of anyway, and for Lysha, she needed a new disguise to evade the authorities. And you were right with your first thought, it was really more to change their appearances. It's really no different in style from a human becoming a vampire because they were bitten. In the end, Kaxo becomes a male half-dragon, and Lysha is a female Lilyara. Basically, it's now as if Kaxo was born a half-dragon and Lysha was born a Lilyara, but yes, they would need time to get used to their new racial abilities. For instance, Kaxo would fumble when it comes to flying his with dragon wings since it's something he's never done. A comical glide and crash into a tree is definitely up and coming.

But if you're not okay with this, let me know, and I'll just have it where the two of them escape from prison and that's it, and I'll just RP out Kaxo being a male Lilyara for better or for worse. But yeah, the transgender body switching thing is not my cup of tea, I'd rather keep things as normal than resort to that.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Oh okay. In that case it would be better if Kaxo just stayed a Lilyara. Maybe you could make it so that Lysha is a shape-shifter, but can only change her appearance every week or so. But shape-shifters can only change their own appearance, not someone else's. So sorry, but Kaxo will still have to have his petals. For now at least. Haha, I can see him being jealous of Lysha for quite a while...

To be honest, I actually like him as a Lilyara. It gives him a really unique character. On one hand, he does have characteristics of that race, but on the other, he puts his own unique twist on things, and just doesn't want to be forced into cultural traditions. I bet there are many individuals in Crownen who wish they were a different race. Kaxo could try to transform himself, but that will take time. Plus it won't be fair to everyone else if one character accomplishes such a magical feat. Other people will be asking to do something similar, and we can't have that...

And I'm sure Sisturnia would have advised him that changing how he looks is not the solution to his problems. ;)

@Grassmaster411: I'm perfectly fine with character cameos, as long as they don't have too much of an influence on the story. Dinosaurs do exist in Crownen, so he looks like he'd fit right in. However, you'd have to get rid of the time-travel part. As Manaphy Mare can tell you, time-travel will not be allowed in this RPG--it's just too futuristic for its purposes (even though he'd be arriving from the past).

Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
I see your point and I would like to explain a bit. His technology is fairly advanced, but I can have him not use it, save for 1 or 2 exceptions.

He is using the time travel technology to get to not only Avalon, but to the entire world itself. Due to some modifications from a friend, his time travel device now lets him travel to alternate universes as well. So he is actually coming from his own Universe/timeline to the one here. Which is why he needs that bit of tech.

The only other device he would use is his advanced net gun, made from polymer-carbon fiber spider-web synthetics. This can pin down a T-rex. But I have heavy limitations on this, being that he would only use it if attacked by an extremely large non-sentient creature, and he only has 3 shots left. Since Kra will only appear much, much later in the RP, I'm not planning on him using it at all.

Other than that, the only tech he has with him is for biological documentaion, which he wont use as well.

If thats too much, just say so. I understand completly the reasons for no tech, and I don't expect you to say yes. But I thought I might as well explain the backstory a bit.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Oh okay. In that case it would be better if Kaxo just stayed a Lilyara. Maybe you could make it so that Lysha is a shape-shifter, but can only change her appearance every week or so. But shape-shifters can only change their own appearance, not someone else's. So sorry, but Kaxo will still have to have his petals. For now at least. Haha, I can see him being jealous of Lysha for quite a while...

To be honest, I actually like him as a Lilyara. It gives him a really unique character. On one hand, he does have characteristics of that race, but on the other, he puts his own unique twist on things, and just doesn't want to be forced into cultural traditions. I bet there are many individuals in Crownen who wish they were a different race. Kaxo could try to transform himself, but that will take time. Plus it won't be fair to everyone else if one character accomplishes such a magical feat. Other people will be asking to do something similar, and we can't have that...

And I'm sure Sisturnia would have advised him that changing how he looks is not the solution to his problems. ;)

Gotcha, I edited that last post of mine. I guess his character is kind of interesting for that. And yeah, I know that GM feeling when one person wants to do something wild, you let them, and then everyone and their mother wants to do it also. It... sucks.

Niihyl

Posthuman
You underestimate the sheer masculine power of flowers.

And whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up. Kaxo got kidnapped, fire and rainstorms started smashing things up, Sisturnia turned into a zombie, then a little girl flew out of nowhere, and then Sisturnia turned evil from mind control shenanigans, and then the little girl is still there being... Sisturnia reincarnated or something?

... I'm just a little lost. Where are we now...? I assume:

Still in Avalon, surrounded by Sakh
Sisturnia is dead, and being necro'ed by someone.
Little girl.
We now must go and hack n' slash our way through armies of evil.

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
Loli. Loli. Loli. Loli. Loli. Lolicon.

Anyway, looks like Sisturnia wants me dead before anyone else. Tis' a sad day today.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
LOL at the last two posts. AzerWrath, the only reason Sisturnia's picking on Alurmi is because she knows her the best (due to her having lived in Avalon for so long). All undead creatures tend to go after people they know the best first, especially if they are freshly dead. I think it has something to do with part of the person's aura still lingering, wit the soul not far away, making the creature still recognise connections to others.

@Niihyl: Yup, you got it, Sisturnia has been turned into a zombie. There is a group of Sakh sorcerers surrounding Avalon, casting various elemental spells upon the island. The little girl that just arrived... yeah, I guess I didn't explain that much. Basically she was possessed. Her possessor was trying to trick the group by incorporating Sisturnia's voice into her. But Sisturnia's spirit took temporary control of her as well, resulting in sort of a possession contest between her and the original possessor. Possession can be tricky, but children are relatively easy targets.

Also, an announcement. This is the third RPG I'm announcing it in, and Niihyl's probably tired of hearing this, but I've been on vacation since the 9th, and will return on the 22nd. I thought I would have Internet access during the trip, but I had problems connecting to one hotel's wifi network, and the other hotel charges extra for Internet access. Tonight my mum bought the Internet access for me (they charge by the day), but only because I had to finish a graduate school application. So I'll probably be unable to post until I return...

Until then, feel free to interact with the girl, react to Zombie Sisturnia, leave Avalon and meet the Sakh, react to the unusual weather, etc.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Hi. I'm totally in every RPG you're in. Whoa. Quite serendipitous.

>Vocabulary Points +1

Edit: nvm. Just read post.

Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
When you say small dinosaurs live in this world, do you mean small compared to humans, or relativly small? There would be a huge difference. Small relativly would mean dinosaurs like ceratosaurus or guanlong, which are bigger than humans, would be around.

(P.S. Would you have any strong objections against 1 or 2 larger species or even individual dinosaurs coming in later?)