• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword of Destiny (Discussion)

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I'm going to assume dinosaurs like T-rex and other huge dinosaurs wouldn't exist anymore. I'm probably going to guess small like veloraptors (however they're called), and dinosaurs that don't reach higher or longer than 20 feet. But I don't know, in bad need of poster in Avalon.

Last edited:

TheSequelReturns

Faithful Crusader
My apologies guys, been a little busy lately. I'll have a post in once I get the time, hopefully before Kiruria comes back. ^^

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
I'm going to assume dinosaurs like T-rex and other huge dinosaurs wouldn't exist anymore. I'm probably going to guess small like veloraptors (however they're called), and dinosaurs that don't reach higher or longer than 20 feet. But I don't know, in bad need of poster in Avalon.

Oh I'm sure velociraptor is there. Its only 3 feet tall and 6 feet long. Utahraptor is 12 feet tall and 20 feet long, which I assume would be somewhere around the limit, since Utahraptor is a medium-sized predator. the average dinosaur I'm thinking about would be 10 feet tall, 18 feet long, like ceratosaurus.

I was hoping to bring in spinosaurus, which was 20 feet tall, and 60 feet long.

EDIT: I hate to be anal like this, but Kiruiria, you never answered my question about my Time Traveling troodon making a short appearance.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Grassmaster411: Sorry, still gonna have to not allow any time-traveling dinosaurs. The tech, especially, would just not fit in in a land like Crownen.

However, to answer your other question, well... wow, Slipomatic is figuring out this RPG really easily! Yes, I do in fact mean practically every species of dinosaur, except for huge ones like the T-rex and brontosaurus. They are rather rare though, mainly inhabiting forests, deserts, and mountains. Oh, and any dinosaurs that can fly or inhabit the water don't exist either.

There used to be T-rexes in Crownen, but the last one was recently killed by a flock of harpies.

TheSequelReturns: I'm back, and you have not yet posted. 8D

(And neither has AzerWrath or Jean Grey, or our co-GM for that matter...)

Well gee, I have a group of Sakh cast all these weather spells into Avalon, I have one of them possess a little girl who tells everyone to leave Avalon, and yet... you're all still in Avalon. Sigh. Ah well, no matter.

Yeah, I guess my introduction of that girl is me regretting not having a character to play here... I have an RPG post in the works right now, so expect that very soon.

Last edited:

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Understood. I didn't expect you to say yes about a tech-dino, but i just wanted to be sure.

As for the other dinosaur species, I think I get it. I would think the limit for a meat eating dinosaur would be something like allosaurus, which is 30 feet long and 15 feet high. Brontosaurus did not exist (it was just the skull of apatosaurus) so I think we should exclude all the giant sauropods(long-necks) and have the biggest dinosaurs be the amoured, plated, horned, or duck-billed kinds, which were the size of or a third larger then bronson.

Finally, this week, expect a pm from me with a list of a few dinosaurs/extinct animals that I would like to bring in for later in the rp. I'm asking by pm because I want to keep them a surprise.

P.s. Even though I find it hard to belive a group of harpies killed a t-rex, its your rp so I'll go with what you said.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Couple things that crossed my mind while thinking of this RP.

First, I think we kind of need to "refresh" the RP by moving ahead the storyline a bit and starting a whole new sign up. Way too many people have dropped out and the RP is moving at a really sluggish pace. Best way to see who is still interested is to start a new sign up. In addition, you get new blood into it and thus, more activity.

No offense, but I've been RPing for years, and this is the slowest moving RP I've ever been in. Currently, it's a stick in the mud, and I kind of feel like I'm just writing a fan fiction when I post. We need to move out of Avalon, but we also need a boost. Right now, Bronson, Alvara, and whoever's still in the RP is totally suppressed in Avalon and can't stick their head out of the gutter for one second without getting it shot off by the Sakh just waiting for them to make that mistake by stepping outside, ensuring they can't even get to the mainland, never mind actually organize a rebellion force. And then there's my character, who goes from one prison to the next and is really not making any impact or progress besides boosting up the bounty on his head, which in turn blows away one of his most valuable traits of being an unsuspecting, harmless civilian. Yes, he could make a successful second prison break. But what happens after that? Not sure. Can't help but say, Kaxo is definitely not the kind of character to lead a rebellion, nor did I design him to take on that kind of role.

Second, the good guys are getting mercilessly butchered in this RP. Some kind of rebellion faction, one that actually has resources, many thousands of devoted followers, some territory, and actually poses at least a minimal threat to King Ben and Mornain is direly needed. Can't help but say, our characters alone aren't capable of doing the job, a massive amount of NPC support in some form or another is needed, and I feel the amount of time it would take to realistically gather that from nothing would be time-consuming, and the current posting speed of this RP doesn't really open that up as a viable option.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great RP, but it's really begging for a pick-me-up. Otherwise, everyone's probably just going to call it a night and say the good guys lost.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
lol, why do you think kiruria wanted diverse sign-ups? In a sense, we could use our own races, depending if they're rare or very secluded, to influnce their tribe to be against the Sakh. For example, with my character, I could try and convince my hometown and from there, have the town try to convince neighboring villages to band together. A legion of dragoons is a bit of a boost. Whoever had the harpie could make a petition to the leader of the harpy tribe, with some persuasion of a better future, like not having to fight against other creatures over food.

It's all about how we think about it. Of course, I do agree with having a fresh, more active set of RPers. Although in my opinion, this type of rpg seems to favor a lot more of being a fan-fiction than an RPG. I just think we need active RPers to make this work.

I just think we shouldn't really have dinosaurs really. Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic...

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
(And neither has AzerWrath or Jean Grey, or our co-GM for that matter...)

Er... I've been a bit busy with finals, and as luck would sadistically have it, just as they ended my internet went down (right as I was writing the bios for Rosa's sensei and Opal's grandmother too)... Fortunately it's back now so I should be able to post... after I sleep and do a bit of housework... Definitely expect a post by Monday evening.

AzerWrath

「深弾幕結界 -夢幻泡影-」
My deepest apologies for not posting. Went through C80 and C81, gathering things, editing/testing maps for the Touhou community before uploading the for all, also having my com die and... School, made me unable to post.

But of course I am back and I can post.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Er... I've been a bit busy with finals, and as luck would sadistically have it, just as they ended my internet went down (right as I was writing the bios for Rosa's sensei and Opal's grandmother too)... Fortunately it's back now so I should be able to post... after I sleep and do a bit of housework... Definitely expect a post by Monday evening.

My recommendation if you haven't done this already. Never work on sign-ups in quick reply or advanced mode. I always type my posts or sign-ups in wordpad or microsoft word, or anything equivalent to it, and save it before posting, just in case internet dies or computer dies.

I can smell the army of sakh closing in on us due to that loud stomping done by Bronson. :D

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
I can smell the army of sakh closing in on us due to that loud stomping done by Bronson. :D

lol. Actually, elephants are all around quieter than you would think. Special pads in their feet act like pillows, meaning his stomping would make much less noise than one would expect. But you have a point. I don't know how sensitive a sakhs feet are, but vibrations from an elephants feet travel for miles. If a Sakh's foot is like a humans, than they won't hear/feel it.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@AzerWrath and Manaphy Mare: Welcome back, and I hope you are able to post soon. I've advanced the plot a little, so hopefully that will make it easier for you.

@Slipomatic and Grassmaster411: Well, technically Bronson's armour would make the noise louder... You're right though, elephants do make rather quiet steps due to the padding on their feet. Hold on, why am I even saying this? None of this matters! In my most recent post (which I posted very early this morning), you'll see why. Hooray for Sakh stupidity, eh?

@Neo Pikachu: I know what I did to your group in my last post seems a bit unfair, but in all fairness, it's really to slow you down to where everyone else is at right now (because you're kind of making far more progress than everyone else). I agree with you though, this RPG is running pretty slowly. I'm kinda surprised people like Niihyl and Jean Grey aren't posting especially, since they've been quite active in the other RPG I'm in (the Persona one).

But that's a good idea. I've been kinda wondering myself if opening signups again would be a good idea, and I'm thinking it really would be now. So expect signups to re-open in a little bit. I think I'll have all the new people start off at Minerva Skye's place, because A) Sisturnia's dead, and B) we're heading there anyway.

Also, I have updated the Plot Summary (finally) and added NPC info for Pucker and Parnaisha (one of the new Sakh introduced in my latest post).

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
lol, we hold weird arguements thats for sure. I'd post tonight but school sucks. My schedule doesn't leave me much time to make a decent post without having to rush off back to school. Hmm, I think I'll have Alvara freak out over the sea serpent and not answer any of the villagers, since she is a bit shy. :D

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
If reopening signups doesn't work out, maybe take the sequel approach. I did this with the Chimera series of RPs and it worked beautifully. Even gave it a proper ending and epilogue.

Essentially, it involves writing a kind of ending to the current RP, but leaves room for a new conflict or continuation of the current conflict. Think of it like the Harry Potter books where one book ends and one conflict may have been resolved, but the overall crisis is still going on. After that, you start a totally new RP signup thread with an updated summary of the previous RP's storyline and events, along with the other needed stuff, like in this case, details about Crownen, races, etc. Present it so anyone who didn't take part in the first RP can sign up and take part in this one. Meanwhile, anyone who was in the last RP just needs to repost their signup to confirm they'll continue using their character. I find this works well for several reasons.

• It works as a roll call to see who still wants to take part in the ongoing storyline. And usually updates to signups only need to be very minor to cover what happened in the previous RP.
  • It's more likely to attract new people if they see a whole new RP signup thread. One that's already several pages long and/or has a first post made a long time ago (both of which this RP's signup thread has) always implies they're probably too late or will have a hard time joining in.
  • It gives you the chance to make any new additions and changes to the plot, or remove aspects that weren't working out. Giving RPers new things to work with and new objectives generates more activity, as long as the goals have an interesting and worthwhile reward, and aren't mandatory annoyances that have to be dealt with immediately.
  • And lastly, a fresh and clean slate just looks more appealing to post in. It is extremely rare for an RP to make a comeback after a long dry spell.

It's up to you, but I've been a GM for quite a few RPs and I find this works better than waiting it out.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
@Neo Pikachu: Yeah, I can totally tell you have lots of GM experience. I, on the other hand, join many more RPGs than those I am GM for, so I guess you can say I'm still new at this. That and I only ran two other RPG's that ended up going on for a long time, and that was over four years ago. So my skills are more in creativity and character development...

I like the sequel idea. Maybe version 3 could start with the meeting with Minerva Skye, and all the characters who knew Sisturnia while she was still alive (all of us) could show up late to the meeting or something. After all, I think most of the first part of that meeting will be about stuff we already know: the tale of the Sword of Destiny, talk about the remaining Star Knights (of which there are now only two), etc. Minerva Skye does have a very special role in all of this, one which you will all discover later on.

Also, I think I'll do what I did in version 1 and sign up as a character of my own. Except this time my character will be Pucker. I'm really starting to love her... ^_^ And Neo Pikachu, would you be fine with being co-GM once the sequel is up?

Hold on, why am I even saying this now? I think I'll wait a while to see if anyone else does sign up for the current version, then I'll start plans for V3. (And I'll have to wait a couple of weeks anyway, just so the old signup thread has a chance to move off the front page of the forum.)

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Yeah, I'd be fine with co-GMing this if you'd like my help. But I can also understand you wanting to wait a bit to see if anything changes.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Okay, so I tried re-opening the signups, and that didn't work. For a while I was thinking about just re-starting the RPG, even though I really didn't want to go through the trouble of doing so. But then I had an idea, and it was Neo Pikachu's criticism of an Earthbound RPG I'm starting soon that made me realise this. This RPG is too complicated plot-wise. We're just running around like wild elephants (no offense to Bronson), not quite knowing what to do, aren't we?

So yes, right now I'm simplifying things way down. No more Pucker, cute though she was. No more dragons and rainbow-cloaked Sakh chasing us--let's just say the latter retreated for now. Just a ninja who is plotting an assassination of King Ben and is asking for helpers. Agreed?

Of course, if a bloodthirsty stealth mission is not your thing, you can also have your character head back to their homeland and gather fighting support, for there's about to be a big showdown at the heart of Crownen a few days from now (in the RPG that is). So Grassmaster, now's your chance to start that dinosaur round-up!

Oh, and I have posted in the RPG, and I've updated Mitsuha's description and the Plot Summary. And I've PM'd everyone who's been inactive lately with this same information, so hopefully they should be posting soon.

And meanwhile, many thanks to Slipomatic, Grassmaster411, Neo Pikachu, and DVB for sticking with this RPG all this time, even through the confusing part.

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I was all for the fugitive style RPG. I would have gone through the whole complex RPG, as this one was easy to understand, it was just the outside complexities, ie characters, that made it a bit hard to work with. Character sign-ups had some loopholes, like Bronson being able to speak with creatures of nature, and to some degree, my character able to make out some words of dragon language although we never put that stuff in our abilities.

Hmm... I think I'll have Alvara go to her homeland to round up support with the dragoons since she is fairly poor at combat and could use some training.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Well, the other option is to close the book on the current situation, and progress the storyline a bit however you like to open it up for Part 2. Basically summarize what happened so far, and present it like a totally new RP with a fresh new thread and sign up. Yes, you'll pretty much have to bunny people's characters in this situation, but I think as long as you keep their choices and actions true to their personality, people won't mind.

I kind of figured simply reopening sign ups probably wouldn't do much, as people would have seen the RP had already opened and progressed, and they would have pretty much said there's no way they'll be able to catch up. But if you summarize everything and advance the storyline, get a new sign up going, and make it so people don't have to do heavy reading to get into this, you'll get new people. And yes, I've done this before, where you end one part of the RP, and make Part 2 a sequel of Part 1 without making it apparent (so new people don't have to try and find Part I to read through it). It did work very well for me. You get new people, you see who's still active, and you get everything back on track with a fresh new start.

But yeah, if we keep going with this one, we're not going to more people than what we already have. I keep thinking this RP has died, and then two weeks later, it springs up again.