• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword of Destiny v.2 (sign-ups)

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
Manaphy Mare: Yay, our second Lilyara is here! Nice character, but I do have a couple of issues with Rosa:

1. You're a bit overpowered in the Abilities section. 14 copies of herself?!? Well, I'll allow it, as long as Rosa sacrifices some of her offensive and defensive capabilities while duplicating herself (like how the Pokemon attack Substitute requires an HP sacrifice for each copy created). I'd also recommend getting rid of the ability to notice ambushes and traps and such, as there are some traps that are more well-concealed than she may think. In fact, I think this perceptive trait would find a better place in the Personality rather than Abilities.

2. Where exactly is the village? Is it in the Wing like the Yokai settlement TheSequelReturns mentioned, or somewhere else? I don't see any locations in your History...

You can still go ahead with your first post and all, but these two things (especially #1) need to be fixed sometime soon.

I'll be fixing those soon.

Also, a side note: I myself practice Ninjutsu--yes, it is a valid martial art. It is a very practical art, much of it having to do with dealing with an opponent quickly and efficiently, but has a spiritual, almost magical component to it as well. I can go on and on about this, but this is just food for thought. And I can tell you right now that one of the NPC's who might show up later on in the RPG is a ninja. ;)

So you'd be willing to correct any errors in my portrayal of the art? Also, an NPC who's also a ninja... Do I smell a potential rival?

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
THE SIGNUPS HAVE RE-OPENED!

Yes, you heard me! The activity in this RPG is quite low now, so we can use more characters. Anyone who is interested in joining this complex yet hopefully interesting fantasy RPG, start writing those signups!

Note: Although the plot says that we'll be starting at Sisturnia's place, this will not be the case for any new people who are signing up now. After all, the plot has already progressed a bit, and part of that plot was Sisturnia's death. Avalon isn't even that safe anymore; it's currently under cover of a highly unusual storm. For all the newcomers, I recommend looking at the Plot Summary at the beginning of the Discussion Thread (the link to it is in my signature) to see what's been going on.

All newcomers will still receive the letter from Sisturnia, but will instead meet at the lair of Minerva Skye, a retired warrior queen who lives at the foot of the Sentinel Mountains. She has quite a few guards set up there, so the place is pretty safe for now.

You letter to Sisturnia will contain the same text as the other recipients' letters, except a post-script will be added at the end:
P.S. Thanks to the tragic fates, I, Sisturnia, have fallen. Instead of heading to my residence, please head to the home of Minerva Skye, the warrior queen of old. She was an old friend of mine, so I place my complete trust in her. Find her at the foot of the Sentinel Mountains. You will cross a bridge over the Wolfsbane River, which leads into a shadowy place in the foot of the mountains. Show this letter to the guards at the front.

So let's see those signups!