• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword or Shield - which version are you getting?

Which version will you be getting?

• Sword

Votes: 42 27.5%
  • Shield

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Both

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • I'll wait for the third version to come out

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
I don’t have the cash to buy both and I can’t decide but with two months to go I’m panicking, I prefer shields gym leader but the legandaries I’ll probably ignore when choosing but I’m on the fence about regional exclusive Pokemon and with sirfetch’d being announced its even harder

Orphalesion

I don’t have the cash to buy both and I can’t decide but with two months to go I’m panicking, I prefer shields gym leader but the legandaries I’ll probably ignore when choosing but I’m on the fence about regional exclusive Pokemon and with sirfetch’d being announced its even harder

Don't panic yet. I think they will at least reveal all the version-exclusive content until the game is released. So I'm confident you will have enough time to make your decision. Maybe we will get the counterpart of Sirfetch'd next week and that might make it easier?

I'm only going to get one of the games as well, and I haven't made my decision yet either.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Don't panic yet. I think they will at least reveal all the version-exclusive content until the game is released. So I'm confident you will have enough time to make your decision. Maybe we will get the counterpart of Sirfetch'd next week and that might make it easier?

I think Sirfetch’d will have two different forms depending on the version. It can be more offence-based in Sword, and more defence-based in Shield.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I'll just wait for the follow-up game(s) since it's guaranteed to have more content. SwSh doesn't really appeal to me tbh - there's Corviknight, the version-exclusive gym leaders, and that's pretty much it. Not to mention Death Stranding comes out the week before and I don't even have a Switch yet.

Dragon Pulse

Pretty much having a hard time this time round deciding on the version I will play first, which is always my main game. It's always been rather easy in the past, but none of the Legendaries immediately appealed to me straight away. I've definitely warmed up to them, yet it is bothering not knowing their typings because I feel like that will influence my lean onto one. I'm leaning slowly towards Sword because I like Zacian slightly a bit more, although I'm considering Shield because of Allister. We never really know the full version exclusives anyway until the games are released, but that'll probably influence me the most, despite in the past I've always gone straight away from instinct and which version I like most, which this time is unknown for me.

Frostfall

I've got sword preordered unless they announce something that convinces me to get shield instead. I'm not fond of the legendaries for either. I like the version specific stuff for Sword a little better and I just plain like the logo better as I'm a fan of blue and they haven't said if their clothes will be color locked again like they were in Sun/Moon.

BlackShadowRose

The Lost one.
At first I was all for sword due to I have had training with a short sword and like that legendary better but as time has gone by the pokemon exclusives ..... gym exclusives is forcing me to want shield more. So I am just getting both.. play both.. so I am covered either way..... :D

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
At first I was all for sword due to I have had training with a short sword and like that legendary better but as time has gone by the pokemon exclusives ..... gym exclusives is forcing me to want shield more. So I am just getting both.. play both.. so I am covered either way..... :D

Though with Allister as your avatar, you're probably leaning towards Shield more.

mozao

this wasn't in my horoscope
neither for me, I'm waiting for the third (and fourth?) versions, for the sake of my money and because of GF's new stunt of introducing Pokémon mid-generation. XY's enhanced version never came out though, if that happens again I'll probably decide based on version exclusive Pokémon

I currently do not have a Switch right now not sure if I will by the Sword & Shield come out but I will get Shield when I do. Can not decide on Reg or Lite Switch, probably play handheld most but would like the option to play on my old TV and play with my family when I visit.

Orphalesion

I was leaning towards Shield a little bit because I liked Allister better than Bea.
And now they have revealed G.Ponyta to be Shield Exclusive.
A sparkling rainbow unicorn that is Fairy Type.

I'm now 90% certain that I'm getting Shield. There would have to be some very amazing version exlusive Pokemon in Sword to beat out a magical rainbow unicorn.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'm now 90% certain that I'm getting Shield. There would have to be some very amazing version exlusive Pokemon in Sword to beat out a magical rainbow unicorn.

Well, there IS Sirfetch'd...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m still getting Sword. I just like the version exclusive pseudos in that version better. I do like Galarian Ponyta but I’m not going to buy Shield on release day just to get one. I am going to get Shield a couple of months after release anyway so it doesn’t matter that I won’t get Ponyta.

Sponge

I was already leaning towards Shield but Ponyta is just making my choice more obvious.

I only really care about Sirfetch'd from Sword and even then I still prefer Ponyta.

I like Tyranitar, Goodra, Zamazenta and Allistair more than Hydreigon, Kommo-0, Zacian and Bea as well.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
The polls for Shield seem to have drastically increased from yesterday. The new pony looks to be quite popular. I wonder if this time, the red version will sell more than the blue one. But I’m not sure how much knowledge the general population has regarding version exclusives, and if more will buy the blue version regardless.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I was leaning towards Shield a little bit because I liked Allister better than Bea.
And now they have revealed G.Ponyta to be Shield Exclusive.
A sparkling rainbow unicorn that is Fairy Type.

G. Ponyta is Psychic type, not fairy.