• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald (1131)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1131.jpg

Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald

After seeing his Dynamax Band glow on its own, Ash & Goh decide to go to Galar where Pokémon have been Dynamaxing at random times. Deciding to go see Professor Magnolia, they eventually get lost in Slumbering Weald and encounter a mysterious pair of Pokémon...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Quick question guys, what time does this air now in relation to when it aired on Sunday?? Is it still airing in 15 minutes or is it later??

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Quick question guys, what time does this air now in relation to when it aired on Sunday?? Is it still airing in 15 minutes or is it later??
6:55 JST. If you don't know when that is in relation to your time zone, look it up. PM, by the way.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This was a decent episode, nothing too amazing yet but it also didn't suck so that's good. 6-7/10.

Still have no clue why Centiskorch was so high on the list considering it was a regular pokemon.

dman_dustin

Was almost convinced Ash was going to catch Centiskorch but of course it belongs to some random girl.

I'm just desperate for a new capture already, not dumpster fire desperate but just something.

Still have no clue why Centiskorch was so high on the list considering it was a regular pokemon.

Take the little girl out and it was almost a capture set up.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If they were going to chase a random Pokemon why couldn't it be Wooloo like the games? We all know he's getting one at some point

The G-Max Centiscorch was awesome, I loved getting to see Pikachu, Riolu, and Dragonite fight alongside one another, just wish that it ended differently rather than Leon saving the day with Charizard. I hope we get to see Ash's team fight alongside each other again since they feel the need to let Goh's do that every few episodes

Ash actually using his Pokedex as a Pokedex was also a nice touch given how little it happens.

7.5/10 Would be higher if Leon didn't steal the show

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Compared to the Sunday timeslot, it looks like it airs 30 minutes later, I think.

This was a decent episode, nothing too amazing yet but it also didn't suck so that's good. 6-7/10.

Probably because it was the only giga appearing. Hype, I think. So what did Doug do? :D

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If they were going to chase a random Pokemon why couldn't it be Wooloo like the games? We all know he's getting one at some point

The G-Max Centiscorch was awesome, I loved getting to see Pikachu, Riolu, and Dragonite fight alongside one another, just wish that it ended differently rather than Leon saving the day with Charizard. I hope we get to see Ash's team fight alongside each other again since they feel the need to let Goh's do that every few episodes

Ash actually using his Pokedex as a Pokedex was also a nice touch given how little it happens.

7.5/10 Would be higher if Leon didn't steal the show

You really let your character biases affect an episode lmao
Anyway I'm pretty sure we will see ash's full team fight like what we saw here considering gengar is in next episode, so I assume Farfetch'd would be a part too

Sword master zacian

Well someone expain me how the heck did slumbering weald came into the wild area wasn't it supposed to be in postwick

The episode was decent btw and music was epic throughout the episode

dman_dustin

Compared to the Sunday timeslot, it looks like it airs 30 minutes later, I think

Probably because it was the only giga appearing. Hype, I think. So what did Doug do? :D

Doug was Eva's father? Eva the little girl who owns Centiskorch?

Well someone expain me how the heck did slumbering weald came into the wild area wasn't it supposed to be in postwick

The episode was decent btw and music was epic throughout the episode

Not sure where we were exactly because the train stopped in the middle of somewhere, so it could be game accurate but with anime real life expansion.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Pretty good. The wolves encounter was great and I like how they set up Leon/Sonia meeting Ash/Go.

Did not expect Centiskorch to sound like that at all lol. Of course, it was just owned by a COTD unfortunately. GMAX Centiskorch rampaging through the town and using GMax Centiferno looked amazing.

I express my distaste with his team pretty often and it will probably go down as my least favorite but admittedly I did like the coordination between Pikachu, Riolu, & Dragonite when Ash tried to take down Centiskorch. He should do that more often instead of using the same 2 so often.

My favorite part was definitely Leon coming in with the Gym Leader remix coming in. I usually don’t think much of the anime’s music but that was some of the best I’ve heard in awhile.

Great start to this arc. Managed to get my interest for the first time in nearly 20 episodes. 10/10