• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield I: Slumbering Weald (1131)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
One thing I like is how Ash and Goh have their own thing to do. The handling of companions during team climaxes has been really hit or miss, mostly miss.

dman_dustin

Between this episode and the preview it looks like regular pokemon can sometimes fight Gigantamax pokemon, but that may just be because Centiscortch is a twig, while Snorlax and Drednaw are tanks.

Or because Leon is Leon

One thing I like is how Ash and Goh have their own thing to do. The handling of companions during team climaxes has been really hit or miss, mostly miss.

I think Team Flare was handled well in that departnent because it felt like multiple parts working together. This kind of feels like it. Just a weird lack of Go, though maybe because has nothing to do at the moment.

Red and Blue

Soooooooooooooooo why was Centiskorch near the top of the cast list anyhow.

This episode's plot is sooooo 2019 anyway.
I guess due to th prominence of James' VA Miki? At least we know if a Pokemon is high up on the list it doesn't automatically mean a capture, lol

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It's a shame they're keeping Rose's plan of trying to solve a crisis that won't exist for another thousand years, but that was a lot of fun.

I also call BS on charizard OHKOing a Gigantamax pokemon.
Eh, they have to keep things in suspense. The only thing I'm vainly expecting is that he debuts g-max LEGO elephant (or Oleana use g-max pollution bag) on part III, but I doubt.

I'll give charizard a pass if only for its experience with g-max, be a champion's mon and the fact I barely care about the game's canon.

Soooooooooooooooo why was Centiskorch near the top of the cast list anyhow.
Its trainer had horns like hair. He was probably intimidating enough to demand the staff that his mon was high in VA list. And his daughter probably wanted that, he wouldn't say no.

This episode's plot is sooooo 2019 anyway.
People like Guzma, it's fine. No one likes Rose.

Last edited:

diakyu

Pretty good in all honesty. The highlight was the Slumbering Weald scene. Leon continues being GOAT

Soniman

Break the Limit
It's so weird to have the darkest day plot in the anime with zero buildup but I think they're making it work so far, I like that Ash and Go seperate to tackle the Dynamax problem in their own way with Leon and Sonia, I look forward to seeing how this arc unfolds

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Welp, I guess the fact Ash isn't exactly on a race for a badge quest means Leon, the Greatest of Them All, cannot turn him away.

...Even if Ash did not defeat Centiskorch but played endurance until Leon, the Greatest of Them All, saved the day.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I liked how a 2 members cast worked with the Darkest Days plot like how Ash & Go encountered one of the Galar mascot legendaries each while Ash went to save the citizens from the Dynamaxed Pokemon destruction with Leon while Go got a lift from Sonia who's happened to be a crazy driver.

Of course, the episode is heavily influenced to the games plot but with Ash & Go instead of one of the game protagonists and Hop. Also, I wonder if Go's capturing Bunnelby would mean that Clemont & Bonnie won't make cameos since they also owned the Pokemon.

Anyways, nice build up episode.

dman_dustin

I liked how a 2 members cast worked with the Darkest Days plot like how Ash & Go encountered one of the Galar mascot legendaries each while Ash went to save the citizens from the Dynamaxed Pokemon destruction with Leon while Go got a lift from Sonia who's happened to be a crazy driver.

Of course, the episode is heavily influenced to the games plot but with Ash & Go instead of one of the game protagonists and Hop. Also, I wonder if Go's capturing Bunnelby would mean that Clemont & Bonnie won't make cameos since they also owned the Pokemon.

Anyways, nice build up episode.

In what universe does a Pokemon exclude human characters or even their same Pokemon from showing.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Could Clemont's Bunnelby not show up? Sure but its not because Go has one nor does it mean Clemont won't show up.

Shared Pokemon make more sense rather than trying to juggle only new Pokemon.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I know continuity in this show is very selective but I couldn't help but laugh when Leon was trying to turn Ash away from helping during the Dynamax situation as if my man wasn't at the epicenter of the Kalos Crisis which was a world wide crisis and broadcasted! So you think Leon would be a little aware of that fact.

OF course that kinda thing is never brought up in any series when this stuff starts happening I just think it's funny

Dzentelmen

I know continuity in this show is very selective but I couldn't help but laugh when Leon was trying to turn Ash away from helping during the Dynamax situation as if my man wasn't at the epicenter of the Kalos Crisis which was a world wide crisis and broadcasted! So you think Leon would be a little aware of that fact.

OF course that kinda thing is never brought up in any series when this stuff starts happening I just think it's funny
It was all just pyrotechnics. Mr. Satan was the one to defeat Team Flare. I mean, Ash-Greninja? Who would believe in such a simple lie?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I liked this episode. Separating Ash and Goh was a smart idea. Ash and Leon and Goh and Sonia seem like good pairings to handle this crisis. Also, with Ash going solo he is forced to bring out his team. I found it a nice nod that there was four Pokémon against Centiskorch. Pikachu, Riolu, Dragonite, and Charizard. I say this because for a slight second I was wondering where Gengar and Farfetch'd were.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Oh. So he DID try to turn Ash away just like in the games with the player.

...To be fair, Leon is kind of right. Ash hasn't even beaten a single Gym Leader, and he's already trying to do end game stuff with a baby Riolu and two no-shows.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
>Galar episode
>Go catches a Kalos mon
>Me: "Something's wrong here."

When Go started chatting about Magnolia being the number one Dynamax researcher, the first thing that sprung to mind was Chobin in XD and I said to myself "she's the only Dynamax reseacher, so she must be number one."

That driver following Sonia is sus, though of course she'd blame her perfectly fine looking motor whilst driving recklessly over a bumpy road.
Solid episode, easily beats the last episode for sure.