• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield II: The Darkest Day (1132)

I love Magnolia’s dub voice

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The thing that kept running through my head was that Oleana's Milotic was incredibly small (and ended up being surprisingly weak as well).

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Oh, to be clear I like pokemon being presented as having varying sizes depending on the individual. It's just that if Oleana was meant to be some powerful, intimidating trainer like she is int he games then giving her such a under-sized Milotic was a bit odd. Though really I would have preferred they not have Goh fighting a fully evolved pokemon his own is weak against and refusing to even switch to more effective attacks to begin with (at least it didn't win until after it evolved).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, Goh kind of learned in the Battle Frontier episode that he shouldn't bank on type advantages. Also, if anything Raboot was his major ace at the time. Out of the other mons he had at the time, who else could match tsundere bunny? Golurk? Darmanitan? They were all as weak to water types as Raboot was. So, he just picked his ace and the one he trusted most.

The arc had its issues but Goh battling with Raboot wasn't one of those in my opinion.