• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield II: The Darkest Day (1132)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Hm not bad, things about to get juicy next week tho :>

PsychoLogical

Oh and I forgot to mention, Gengar did something for once and won :>

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I hope so. Gou vs Garbordor idk how to feel about that.

And Ash’s boss battle is pretty much Oleana, now. Your wrinkles are showing, madam (I know, it’s Rose, just saw the preview).

Exposition episode, but good, anyway. Love how Ash cheerfully refuses Rose’s request and that be suspicious doesn’t stop pikachu to enjoy the evil guy’s meal.

Last edited:

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
The directing was weak in this episode. I know some people didn't like when last episode kept switching between the 2 boys meeting the dogs, but then it picked up when we got their separate experiences when waking up.

This episode would likely have landed better if they had just gone:
Goh and Sonia (though they can cut to Pangoro because it plays into the explanation),
then switch to Rocket - Ash meets Rose,
then leave the rest of the episode the same.

But they easily made up for the awkward cuts in the early episode with Goh and Sonia's interaction. These two are acting like one another's long lost siblings.

Ash gets an entire floor of Rose tower with 2 queen size beds, while Goh gets a couch. :D

Looks like Ash won't join Goh on the way to the Slumbering Weald. I wonder who Oleana is fighting?

*Psychological can finally stop worrying about Dragapault's Dreepy's.

Also can't believe Ash and Leon just ditched Coalosal, that was a prime capture moment. Well I suppose he at least has Gordie after he loses his current job. If he even exists.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Also can't believe Ash and Leon just ditched Coalosal, that was a prime capture moment. Well I suppose he at least has Gordie after he loses his current job. If he even exists.
Ash ditched that wild drednaw months ago. No surprise here.

I found a solid episode, way better than the last one, even if this one needs subs to understand well (well, not everything, some context is pretty obvious, you pretty much knows Rose is evil when he speaks "chikara"). Magnolia saying she felt "craziness" in Rose's eyes is pretty much a good description.

I know they're trying to create a paralel with Ash & Leon and Go & Sonia, but the thing somewhat remembered me the same applies to Ash and Gary (if Gary wasn't shown as much more composed in battle than Ash, by the last time they met each other).

Anyway, good Ash is fighting Rose with no foreign help. I didn't know oversized teaphant was that huge.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I hope so. Gou vs Garbordor idk how to feel about that.

Lol Oleana glaring at Ash was just too perfect.

Honestly, while nothing really happened this episode in terms of action (aside from Ash FINALLY using Gengar again), I personally liked it since it gave the Galar characters much needed development and better insight into their personalities. Between this arc & Twilight Wings, their actions in the games are more understandable and they feel way more fleshed out.

It kind of makes me wish we still had "Pokémon the Series- Sword & Shield" for this generation, but I'm still happy with what we've got

PsychoLogical

Lol Oleana glaring at Ash was just too perfect.

Honestly, while nothing really happened this episode in terms of action (aside from Ash FINALLY using Gengar again), I personally liked it since it gave the Galar characters much needed development and better insight into their personalities. Between this arc & Twilight Wings, their actions in the games are more understandable and they feel way more fleshed out.

It kind of makes me wish we still had "Pokémon the Series- Sword & Shield" for this generation, but I'm still happy with what we've got
I think Pokemon The Series: Sword and Shield would've existed if they didn't have Ash win in SM. Since if it did exist even after the win in SM, it would just feel very regressive if you ask me.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Not really. Lance losing to Leon pretty much shows be a regional champion doesn't mean be the best. Because "Leon is the greatest champion ever or something". Also, it's just make the Galar gym leaders into competitive competitors instead, like Raihan and Bea, and Ash basically do the gym challenge without actually need badges.

Anyway, just noticed the guys in the mines throwing pebbles on coalossal. Rose should consider that ostracize pokemon will be a heavy consequence.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well this episode had a lot of talking in it.

I guess we'll need the subs to understand what's going on.

Also is there any particular reason Sobble just randomly vanished or??? Definitely gonna need subtitles to figure out what the heck happened there.
I know it's not that important but it still feels jarring

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Oh nevermind Sobble just popped up at the end there lol (Tho it's absence throughout most of the Episode is still wierd. I can never tell if the little guy was really "gone" or just invisible >_<)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Poor Coalassol. It didnt deserve to have rocks thrown at it for something that wasn't its fault.

Oleana intimidating Ash was great. Too bad they took away her signature Gardobor and gave it to some grunt

PsychoLogical

Poor Coalassol. It didnt deserve to have rocks thrown at it for something that wasn't its fault.

Oleana intimidating Ash was great. Too bad they took away her signature Gardobor and gave it to some grunt
Prob wanted to just debut it already since I don't think they even like the whole dynamax concept (like most people in the pokemon community likely I assume) and I imagine that animating them being one of those reasons due to how complex they look.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Not really. Lance losing to Leon pretty much shows be a regional champion doesn't mean be the best. Because "Leon is the greatest champion ever or something". Also, it's just make the Galar gym leaders into competitive competitors instead, like Raihan and Bea, and Ash basically do the gym challenge without actually need badges.
Honestly it would be easy for a hypothetical full Sword & Shield anime to justify Satoshi doing all the usual stuff. Just have him run into Beet/Bede (or some OC but honestly when you already have a guy who fits the part perfectly why not use him) and have him be all "So you're the Champion of Alola? Big deal, that League was literally only just formed! There are no truly strong trainers in that region!" only for him to then kick Satoshi's butt with ease... Or if you don't want him losing to a newbie again, have one of the Galar Gym Leaders agree to take him on and they beat him with ease instead. Thus immediately establishing that Galar is a much tougher region than Alola and so his victory there doesn't mean he has much of an advantage here at all.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I can't watch the episode for now as I'm really busy today, but do we know who was trailing Sonia and Go at the end of last episode?

PsychoLogical

I can't watch the episode for now as I'm really busy today, but do we know who was trailing Sonia and Go at the end of last episode?
One of Rose's henchmen.