• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield II: The Darkest Day (1132)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Okay that's awesome, unless I interpreted it wrong but Ash introduced himself to Chairman Rose as Champion. Now that is instant gratification for the episode for me.
Pretty sure he was referring to Leon

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Geez. They so want to get Sonia's arc over with that she's not bothering to go to Hammerlocke and see the murals. She just used Google to look them up. Where's the sense of accomplishment?!

It figures they want to rush the game plot as awkwardly as possible that they're not even trying to give the viewers a proper introduction of Stow-on-Side. And Leon is already suspicious of Rose.

And yet somehow this is slightly weirder than what they did with N's arc, which at least they did bother to build for more episodes.
Well, they gave g-max garbordor to the henchman. Fair sacrifice, I’d say.
NOT. Now this makes a certain character feel like they're just there out of obligation to show.

Ugh. I hate how this saga is improperly debuting G-Max Pokemon through randoms. Leon and Raihan got lucky, I guess.

Last edited:

Decidueye23

Geez. They so want to get Sonia's arc over with that she's not bothering to go to Hammerlocke and see the murals. She just used Google to look them up. Where's the sense of accomplishment?!

It figures they want to rush the game plot as awkwardly as possible that they're not even trying to give the viewers a proper introduction of Stow-on-Side. And Leon is already suspicious of Rose.

And yet somehow this is slightly weirder than what they did with N's arc, which at least they did bother to build for more episodes.

NOT. Now this makes a certain character feel like they're just there out of obligation to show.

Ugh. I hate how this saga is improperly debuting G-Max Pokemon through randoms. Leon and Raihan got lucky, I guess.
We will probably get the inevitable bea g-max machamp, considering octolock and grapploct arent a big deal anymore and ash is getting lucario. So i guess irrespective of debuts we will probably get to see a few more of them through the gyms of galar.

Also, i think bede and marnie will directly appear as the gym leaders, and piers and opal will have some kind of supporting roles

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Also, i think bede and marnie will directly appear as the gym leaders, and piers and opal will have some kind of supporting roles
Ugh.

What I really liked about the games is how character-driven it was and how its legacy theme was everywhere in different flavors. But then this saga decides to do away with all this in favor of the GO format, which is basically story-less (at least give me the three house leaders, er, three team leaders).

Red and Blue

At least Gengar finally got to do something since episode 18. Guess the only one who won't really do anything in the DD is G. Farfetch'd

dman_dustin

People still fail to realize that this series isn't primary Galar?

I've said repeatedly there's no way to build up specific region plots decently because of that reason. Hell the writers failed multiple times in the past when the series did heavily revolve around the region. You're expecting too much in a series like Journey's.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well imagine the amount of dinners he has had having shady conversations with random kids
I don’t think that justifies the fact that he’s fat.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
One thing I loved was how the anime had Goh hypothesize that a Pokémon was behind the darkest day owing to his experience with encountering a legendary Pokémon and how they appear in vortexes. That was really good. The Hammerlocke murals did appear in this episode huh. Interestingly they didn't show the fifth mural that is in Circhester city. Fingers crossed they do visit that place next episode to investigate the hero's bath and find the fifth mural. Goh seems to search for Zacian and Zamazenta next episode based on preview. I kinda expect raboot to evolve while battling garbodor and riolu to evolve while battling rose but I'm not sure. Interesting that Giovanni sent TR undercover because he got intel about a strong Pokémon in the power plant. Hope this saga has a Giovanni arc.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
In Darkest Day, In the Brightest Night No Mon shall escape Goh's sight!

A nice follow up to last week but it's very clear they are rushing on SwSh's story as fast as possible. Granted, SwSh IS barebones enough that a small arc is enough to finish it. Also, unlike the games, Ash and Goh do feel more like a part of the narrative and are allowed to do the interesting stuff. In this sense, it's good the show allows itself straying from following the games to a T. My only issue is that... It's hard to feel the stakes here no matter what they say. It's something I've been feeling since Sun and Moon: directing is good on personal, character-centric stuff but whenever it comes for something impactful and of bigger importance... It just feels lifeless and uninteresting. I get that not every arc HAS to be like Team Galactic or Team Flare but if you want to do something, think bigger and act bigger. Because here, much like Dynamax is mostly something that SHOWS to be forced and from a mandate. It's an artificial growth that's just showing and barely has any substance. Which is a shame becuase the anime did succeed on cherry-picking the good/interesting parts from the games.

All in all, a decent episode although it's held down by some weaknesses.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh ye I forgot to mention this as well, Am I the only one that’s noticed that Ash’s Rotom Phone is getting used more than it normally would? Normally it never appears or even exists unless PWC is involved but lately it’s starting to do Pokedex entries now.

ShadowForce720

Oh ye I forgot to mention this as well, Am I the only one that’s noticed that Ash’s Rotom Phone is getting used more than it normally would? Normally it never appears or even exists unless PWC is involved but lately it’s starting to do Pokedex entries now.

Probably because Ash and Goh are currently in Galar where Ash has never seen a lot of the Pokémon that are there, plus they are also split up so they can’t have Go pull up all the Dex entries since he isn’t with Ash right now.