• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield II: The Darkest Day (1132)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Well! This more or less confirms Rose has no ties with Bede if he didn't bring him up then.

And that Ash's a moron.
Ash isn't a moron, his reasoning is perfectly valid as to why he refuses him. He wants to stand up on his two legs and become stronger on his own while travelling the word and encountering more and more Pokémon. It fits perfectly with his character to refuse being sponsored and instead achieve things on his own.
As for Bede, I'm still sure Bede and Marnie will appear, they are gym leaders. Even if Bede doesn't have his connection to rose I bet he still will appear, along with Marnie. Hop seems unlikely now, but I could see him pop up like Hau

Cradily17

"Weeds should be plucked as soon as possible." -- Oleana
Damn. Things are really starting to heat up now. I look forward to the rest of this arc. Oleana has been an interesting character so far, and I would like to see her battle Ash at some point.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well! This more or less confirms Rose has no ties with Bede if he didn't bring him up then.

And that Ash's a moron.
Rose couldn't even remember Bede's name when they met. That's not much of an indicator.

D

Deleted member 384931

The animation wasnt great. Jeez cant those guys draw a smile anymore? This an issue I got with journeys in general.

claudicado

Celestic Gym Leader
Oleana says that threats need to be removed and her underling appears with GMax Garbodor. Couldn't she simply have loaned it to that guy and it's still her actual Pokemon?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oleana says that threats need to be removed and her underling appears with GMax Garbodor. Couldn't she simply have loaned it to that guy and it's still her actual Pokemon?
Yes, but it's also entirely in-character for the show to be anti-progressive by making it the goon's Pokemon. Here's hoping that's not the case.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Lol at Oleana being angry just because Ash said no to Rose's proposal.

Poor Coalossal being discriminated for the damage it didn't intentionally caused. It's sad because of how it reflects to the bad things that is happening irl.

Although it wouldn't appropriate for the show. I would like Sonia to knock the spy's car away with her bad driving skills.

Like Pikachu, Go's Raboot had a hard time to control itself while in Dynamax form for the 1st time.

Ok episode. I wasn't so impressed of that arc in the games so I didn't expect much tbh.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Guess the anime is making Oleana less endearing than she was in the games.
Oleana was hardly endearing to begin with. The only time I actually liked her was in Twilight Chicken Wings.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Wait. She was endearing in the first place?
What did she even do in the games lmao to make her endearing? The games barely had personality for their characters compared to the potential they had, as shown by twilight wings.
Despite her fervent loyalty towards Rose, the player finds out during her battle that she has a full team of beautiful-looking Pokemon ala Lusamine, until she reveals at the very end she uses a Garbodor of all things, which doesn't fit at all with her team's theme, because she herself states it's the one Pokemon who stuck with her before "she changed her image." The simple revelation tells us that, for all her blind loyalty towards Rose, she's a human in her own way. You don't need a complicated storyline to shed light on a person's backstory.

While Twilight Wings may not be an official extension, it pretty much gives a very good idea on Oleana's motivations and how different she was before Rose saw the potential in her before properly rising to stardom.

...Instead, the anime makes her so bland that they're sticking her with a Milotic and gave G-Max Garbodor to an extremely useless subordinate unrelated to the picture. I'm starting to think all those improper G-Max debuts from randoms instead of the actual Gym Leaders do rob their proper debuts under the Gym Leaders.

I'm probably being a bit too quick to judge since we're halfway through the arc...but the fact they did the above like that takes off a lot of points from portraying Oleana right because they literally threw her real ace who made her into a proper human out the window.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Despite her fervent loyalty towards Rose, the player finds out during her battle that she has a full team of beautiful-looking Pokemon ala Lusamine, until she reveals at the very end she uses a Garbodor of all things, which doesn't fit at all with her team's theme, because she herself states it's the one Pokemon who stuck with her before "she changed her image." The simple revelation tells us that, for all her blind loyalty towards Rose, she's a human in her own way. You don't need a complicated storyline to shed light on a person's backstory.

While Twilight Wings may not be an official extension, it pretty much gives a very good idea on Oleana's motivations and how different she was before Rose saw the potential in her before properly rising to stardom.

...Instead, the anime makes her so bland that they're sticking her with a Milotic and gave G-Max Garbodor to an extremely useless subordinate unrelated to the picture. I'm starting to think all those improper G-Max debuts from randoms instead of the actual Gym Leaders do rob their proper debuts under the Gym Leaders.

I'm probably being a bit too quick to judge since we're halfway through the arc...but the fact they did the above like that takes off a lot of points from portraying Oleana right because they literally threw her real ace who made her into a proper human out the window.

My problem with this is that it feels more like an analysis of her game character and trying to theorize what her team represents and symbolises. I agree with you that it's probably what they represent, but it's nowhere shown in the game adding to her personality. That's the problem with SwSh, the most interesting part of characters are subtle and in front we have their boring personalities. Plus their amazing backstories are hidden in league cards and never fleshed out in the story. The DLC heavily improves on this with Klara, who had so much personality on her own along with her great backstory and Peony, who is so full of personality it leaves a smile on ur face. Contrast that with oleanna in the games. Twilight wings actually shows that subtle side of her and fleshes out her backstory making her endearing, the games fail to show that properly, and the DLC show how they could have balanced it perfectly

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
My problem with this is that it feels more like an analysis of her game character and trying to theorize what her team represents and symbolises. I agree with you that it's probably what they represent, but it's nowhere shown in the game adding to her personality. That's the problem with SwSh, the most interesting part of characters are subtle and in front we have their boring personalities. Plus their amazing backstories are hidden in league cards and never fleshed out in the story. The DLC heavily improves on this with Klara, who had so much personality on her own along with her great backstory and Peony, who is so full of personality it leaves a smile on ur face. Contrast that with oleanna in the games. Twilight wings actually shows that subtle side of her and fleshes out her backstory making her endearing, the games fail to show that properly, and the DLC show how they could have balanced it perfectly
At least she wasn't Magnolia. Now there's a character who got uber screwed because her granddaughter was the research face.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Finally got around to watching the episode.
After Team Rocket's period of self isolation had expired, Giovanni sent them to Galar (to aquire Eternatus) where Meowth suddenly had a human hand in one shot with the glove he was wearing (gotta blend in somehow I guess).

Ash's reason to decline Rose's offer is such as an Ash move, it's the same reason why he declined Scott's offer of becoming a Frontier Brain towards the end of AG.

I'm pretty sure Sonia has superhuman hearing considering she darted it as the goon was chatting from the car behind them (that's my headcanon and I'm sticking to it).
One thing that disappointed me was seeing the Goon use G-Max Garbodor instad of Oleana, then again we had G-Max Centiskorch last episode and G-Max Coalossal (who was blamed for the damage it didn't mean to cause) this episode (heck even G-Max Drednaw as well who appeared an eternity ago), so I shouldn't be too surprised I guess that the G-Max 'mons aren't bring used by the characters who used them in the games.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
So, the best way to battle G-Max mons are aerial? That explains Leon's Charizard's success in the previous episode then... Because all of a sudden, Pikachu and Gengar can hurt G-Max mons...

Nice to see Pikachu being cautious to Rose...

Why did they give G-Max Garbodor to a random goon?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
So, the best way to battle G-Max mons are aerial? That explains Leon's Charizard's success in the previous episode then... Because all of a sudden, Pikachu and Gengar can hurt G-Max mons...

Nice to see Pikachu being cautious to Rose...

Why did they give G-Max Garbodor to a random goon?

I'd say it's more about the scale of the attacks, though the mobility from flying around it definitely helps. Ash has been using small singular point attacks at both drednaw and cetiskorch before, while leon sent out a bombardment. This time it looks like pikachu is holding his thunderbolt for way lonnger at a bigger scale and even gengar's shadow ball looks bigger than the usual.

dman_dustin

And that Ash's a moron.

How's Ash a moron?

Giving up a world tour that you don't have to pay for to be some rich guy's lackey / lapdog and confined to the location that rich guy wants would make Ash a moron.

If the government paid me to experience the entire world (all expenses paid) so long as I write about my experiences in a non pandemic life, I would choose that over having some billionaire dude be the equivalent of my sugar daddy.

But to each our own.