• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield III: Eternatus (1133)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
OK, now explain how Rose beat it when he says he cultivated Trainers like Leon for that purpose.
He doesn't necessarily have to beat it to pull a surprise capture on it. Keep in mind eternatus wasn't in overload state then, so probably it was significantly weaker compared to the now overload state it is in as it revives into its true form

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The timing doesnt feel right either. Wouldnt it be better to do this arc later? We are 40 episodes in!

My problem isn't as much with them doing it here and now. To be honest, I'd much rather getting this out of the way here and now than dragging it for 3 years. The problem has more to do with the timing of some events, mainly letting way too much for the final part.

D

Deleted member 384931

My problem isn't as much with them doing it here and now. To be honest, I'd much rather getting this out of the way here and now than dragging it for 3 years. The problem has more to do with the timing of some events, mainly letting way too much for the final part.
The last episode will be action packed and rushed

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Um... We're getting three battles, two of which are effectively just roadblocks for the one that really matters and will likely be over fairly quickly, and a third that, if they stick true to the game, will basically consist of "Oh no we can't do anything! ...Oh hey it's Zacian and Zamazenta and now we basically win by default."

I think it's gonna be fine.

Icy-Snowflake

I'll miss our real hero.

Hop's Dubwool.
Grookey first, then Hop, then Wooloo. Dubwool can wait.

Um... We're getting three battles, two of which are effectively just roadblocks for the one that really matters and will likely be over fairly quickly, and a third that, if they stick true to the game, will basically consist of "Oh no we can't do anything! ...Oh hey it's Zacian and Zamazenta and now we basically win by default."

I think it's gonna be fine.
Let's not forget the two not so important battles involving Raihan and Leon. If the two roadblocks involve evolutions, then it'd be anticlimactic if they evolve after getting hit by only one or two moves. I also feel that events post Darkest Day are also necessary.

D

Deleted member 384931

Grookey first, then Hop, then Wooloo. Dubwool can wait.

Let's not forget the two not so important battles involving Raihan and Leon. If the two roadblocks involve evolutions, then it'd be anticlimactic if they evolve after getting hit by only one or two moves. I also feel that events post Darkest Day are also necessary.
This is gonna be a mess

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
*insert backhanded compliment for the anime’s take on SwSh’s plot*

Not much happened but it was a good episode. I felt like the Go/Sonia parts are missed potential and just feel like excessive exposition far too late. I think Rose and Leon’s moment was something the game was missing: something to make him even more human. It doesn’t excuse him releasing Armageddon on his region but it helps his character. Also Rose looking legitimately angry is weird.Overall the episode did its job well of setting up the next episode but I feel it’s missing a bit more that would’ve been solved with more time to breathe. 8/10

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I didn't notice that the scene when Sonia crashed her car into the barrier differed from the trailer. In the trailer, there were blokes behind the barrier (depicted below):
JN044_car_edit.png
Yet in the episode, the blokes were moved away and we only see the car crashing into the barrier.

Also, I didn't notice that this was the second ever appearances of Durant and Ferroseed. Wow, for pokemon who now have the same number of episode appearances as Araquanid, at least the two steel-types got more screentime in their debut than the spider.

Finally, this episode made me wonder one thing, I really want to know how high Sonia's insurance premiums are, and also how many points she must have on her licence.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Like, don't get me wrong I still like Rose more than Lysandre in SWSH. I think he is a fresh breath of air like Guzma was in Gen 7 which was nice since he was not much so a villain but a person who really wanted the best for Galar. I just wish they handled his whole thing so much better lol (and maybe not make a design that screams the big baddie...even if Rose is not necessarily one)

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
During the later part of the episode when Raihan enters to Save Sonia, Ash started Fighting Rose, Gou prepares to fight Oleana and Leon goes after Eternatus made me some serious Shonen vibes, similar to Bleach, Naruto or One Piece when multiple fights happen at the same time and each of the Main characters have an opponents to fights. I did not feel like this regarding Pokemon in years and I really love it! Hope we will get more in the future:)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I just realized Gou won his first real trainer battle on screen here? Also he won his first official Daimax battle before Satoshi. Kind of lame they seemed to retcon the rules for Daimax:
  • Regular Pokémon can hurt Daimax Pokémon now. Pikachu couldn’t hurt the turtle until it changed.
  • They seem to have chilled out with the slowness of the form, Rabbifoot is definitely pretty mobile.
  • Daimax moves don’t look identical, Dai Burn is just a big Ember and Dai Knuckle a punch. Meh.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Raboot being mobile made sense considering his body shape didn't change, only his size. Pikachu had to deal with his altering and he becoming fatter and unable to move like he's used to.

I see no issue with Raboot's Max Flare being different from other users, since in the games the use of max moves involves using the pokémon animation (as in, each the way to use the act will depend on the pokémon using). Also, the way he did reminds me of how Cinderace does Max Flare

And good catch on that being Goh's first win in an actual battle. Boy's grown.