• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield IV: Ultimate Sword & Shield (1134)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
If your name isn't Victor or Gloria, don't even bother to control the space dragon alien.

(We all know the animators just don't want to animate Eternatus.)
I found the games hilarious. All these crazy lores only to end up being the latest trainer's pet.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I hope for the next few episodes Lucario takes a step down from the spotlight and we can focus more on Farfetced or Gengar.Or maybe have Ash finally defeat a gym leader before the season ends

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Oh, no!

Satoshi used his Rotom Smartphone on Lucario which he’s SCANNED in previous sagas.

BAD. Disrespectful. Trash writing!

-0.000017 / 10

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
As I once said before in a not so distant time, people can acknowledge that a Pokemon's a fan favorite while still being understandably worried about Lucario potentially taking a lot of focus.
Wait you’re telling me that I can understand the thought process behind why something is the way it is but still not be satisfied with the execution?!

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
nice of 'em to pull an Ultra Guardians and not let anyone keep the legendary pokemon

So congrats Go, for owning one for thirty seconds

Three episodes of sod all, one episode of plot that still needed padding

Very disappointing, but hey, at least they didn't spam the legend of Galar like they did with Necrozma, which literally got three retelling in one episode
Funny thing is in those 30 seconds Go became stronger than Ash XD.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Those evolution man~

Seeing Riolu evolve like that to save the day was really exciting, in itself it’s crazy to see Satoshi/Lucario is finally a thing. I will miss the Pikachu/Riolu pairing though, they didn’t have any unique interactions but in battle they had that teammate thing going since the egg hatched. Vacuum Wave got upgraded to Aura Sphere as predicted, wish they had given the move sort of thematic relevance for their relationship like between Gou/Aceburn and Ember. Good on Lucario, animation was fantastic this episode and putting down two of Rose’s Pokémon by itself wasn’t my ideal ending for the battle but signified it’s growth.

Speaking of Gou, what a fitting way to end the bunny’s evolution chain. Hibunny was charmed by Gou and followed him, it evolved and became more cool and solemn. It evolved again and went back to its more charismatic self. NGL, it maybe the fandom perception growing on me but Aceburn really did seem like a human and act more like an energetic sports player than a rabbit. I didn’t like it’s humanoid self before but I will say as polarizing as humanoid Pokémon like this are, in PM2019 they’re god-send because they come with personalities, characters and stories already built into their lore.

When Aceburn got attacked and Gou started crying, I still remember how people tried to claim Gou didn’t care about his Pokémon. That he was a “psychopath” just looking for a dopamine high from catching Pokémon and filling the Zukan. He didn’t trade away his Pokémon to the Bug Queen from Sinnoh, he doesn’t force Messon to battle, he got emotional over this evolution and then cried tears when his Pokémon may have gotten killed. He blushed and was happy to get a high-five and hug like he did when the rabbit was bunny.

Gou also knew what Pyro Ball was. Nice subtle hint to his more “scientific” side of understanding Pokémon. (I personally really don’t want him to become a professor tho.) He did figure out how Hibunny could use Ember and said he had thought of ways to bring out its strength. It felt fitting he naturally knew that Aceburn had received that move in place of Ember. Nice mirror evolution, Satoshi had to be told by Lucario it had Aura Sphere (sensing/empathy) and Gou just knew from his work and experience (knowledge/wisdom).

For my issues with the Pokémon relationships, training and bonding they managed to give Aceburn a very proper amount of build, personality and focus and +1 for a proper Galar Rep on the cast. Sure it’ll be hitting a Smash Bros. game near you anytime now. Lucario did look cool itself and makes me wanna yank out SwSh and train one of my own. Naturally PM stays true to lore and Lucario becomes less rowdy and scrappy and more “cool/stoic.” Will really miss Riolu’s feisty personality and underdog things like jumping in between two Pokémon to protect Satoshi/Pikachu.

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Oh, no!

Satoshi used his Rotom Smartphone on Lucario which he’s SCANNED in previous sagas.

BAD. Disrespectful. Trash writing!

-0.000017 / 10
Every pokedex has differant info on the Pokémon.Ash was simply just trying to see if it could tell him more about Lucario.Plus it’s for people watching who actually don’t know who Lucario is.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Now if I'm not totally missing the mark with this, Goh telling Raboot to "Attack from angles on the ceiling and walls" is his way of saying use the enclosed space to jump around and attack from all directions before Milotic can dodge/block?

This is something that I didn't really understand watching it raw, and even the subs aren't exactly explicit.

It was certainly working though because even before Raboot evolves, it takes over the fight and is dominating Milotic.

Decidueye23

Its realy sad that they didnt even attempt to giganyamax copperajah but a rando gmaxes garbador. Otherwise the arc was over all decent. I hope now the other galar gls appear.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Funny thing is in those 30 seconds Go became stronger than Ash XD.
Forget Ash, he became the strongest trainer in za warudo for those 30 seconds.

Either way I'm sure Eternatus will be unleashed again in the future as a "godzilla treshold" moment

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Okay just rewatched the episode with subs and I actually liked it more this time around. One thing I like is how in the end it's explicitly mentioned that Chairman Rose is indeed on the lose, the way it's said it's pretty definite that he will return. Also Magnolia mentioned that Eternatus could still always be reawakened and they need to make counter measures for that, so I guess eternatus would be released back into the wild eventually, would be fun to see. I guess this would tie in with sordward Shieldbert plot which might include Rose

Goh understanding Raboot wants to end the battle with the ember they came up with together and so doesn't force it to use other attacks but instead worked with it to win the battle, finally culminating their bond with cinderace. An amazing callback to the episode scorbunny evolved and really shows how far Goh has come and how his bond with cinderace has developed. I think Goh is definitely my second fav male companion, beating Kiawe and behind Brock.

Zacian and Zamazenta are definitely hinted to appear again too. I think Definitely there would be a Swordward Shieldbert arc at this point to tie up the aftermath, although I can see it only being two episodes instead of four.

Love how Leon constantly tried to get up and help ash and Goh.

Also Meowth calming down because it has to follow Giovanni is so fitting

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Eh, Go technically doesn't own Eternatus, he just has him sealed up in a safe that's totally not getting broken into later. There will probably be something in the climax where they make it so Eternatus doesn't go mad with power.
Actually Go does own it, since it was Registered to him (based on Pokedex Entry).
Its just that, Eternatus is treated as "Given Away"/"Gift" Pokemon (from Go), and now placed under Security and Lock-Up.
Why does it need to be sealed away again?
Because its too dangerous.
Also, its being locked up for now, until a method to handle its powers is devised.

DJACK45

That wasnt great either

I agree. I don't like their 4 episode format because the pacing just sucks overall. I'm sure it could be done just not the way they're doing it now. Take the mega evolution special for instance. It's arguably one of the best arcs in the series yet was only 4 episodes and I think it's due to better pacing and likely also because they weren't worried about wrapping everything up in 4 episodes. It was just a special to introduce us to an important character but is saving the rest of the characterization for later in the series as well as some insight on the villain who would also be seen again in future episodes. With Necrozma and now Eternatus, they just want to finish it all and move on to the next arc which leaves us with bad pacing in a random arc that seems like it came out of nowhere. They have to spend the first 2-3 episodes on exposition instead of the action packed battles because they didn't build up to it and the battles we are given are quickly wrapped up because they ran out of time and aren't planning on revisiting any other key characters or Pokemon. They need to look back at each of the arcs in past seasons and see what they did well in and capitalize on that.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Goh you DUMBY. You caught an Eternatus and locked it up. Now you won't have a chance with Mewtwo.

Smh
Do you mean using "Eternatus" against "Mewtwo"?
Without its "Eternatus Eternamax" form, it would get destroyed by "Mewtwo" (considering it did get damaged by Leon's Charizard, prior to form change).

"Eternatus" is Poison/Dragon (which i keep forgetting myself, and always mistake it as Ghost/Dragon), so its weak to Psychic moves, which is Mewtwo's specialty (the only other non-Mega or non in-battle only form Psychic Pokemon who have higher S.Atk than "Mewtwo" are "Calyrex Shadow Rider", "Dawn Wings Necrozma", "Hoopa Unbound" and "Deoxys Attack Forme").

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Um, can someone other than Goh call out Eternatus from its ball, though?
I don't know about "calling" but I remember in OS where Ash was finding his Pokeballs he called wrong Pokemon ( Drowzee and then returned it), So, if Rose decides to come back for Eternatus( finding out where is he), he could crack a safe and remove Eternatus from Pokeball and then trap it. But as some people point it out, I don't think Eternatus will be showcased anymore and Rose will have another target: Calyrex.

ShadowForce720

I don't know about "calling" but I remember in OS where Ash was finding his Pokeballs he called wrong Pokemon ( Drowzee and then returned it), So, if Rose decides to come back for Eternatus( finding out where is he), he could crack a safe and remove Eternatus from Pokeball and then trap it. But as some people point it out, I don't think Eternatus will be showcased anymore and Rose will have another target: Calyrex.

I don’t know they seemed to hint at Eternatus eventually returning considering Magnolia basically said that it could rewaken some day so they need to prepare counter measures for it.

So it seems more like a Eternatus return is definitely on the table, especially considering some one could break and steal the pokeball containing Eternatus.

Decidueye23

I don’t know they seemed to hint at Eternatus eventually returning considering Magnolia basically said that it could rewaken some day so they need to prepare counter measures for it.

So it seems more like a Eternatus return is definitely on the table, especially considering some one could break and steal the pokeball containing Eternatus.
That seems like very swordward snd shieldbert kind of thing.

However, if rose was to comeback i would love it if he goes after calyrex or the regis as that could involve peony and elaborate more on their brotherly bond than the game does