• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield IV: Ultimate Sword & Shield (1134)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Way to waste screentime having Goh and Ash being surprised about the other's evolutions. We could have figured out what happened to Rose using that time.
It doesn't really take a second thought to know what happened to him. Either he got arrested offscreen or he somehow managed to escape.

nuzamaki90

Great episode, was a lot more fun than I expected. The evolutions were nice as well, I couldn’t help but crack a smile at Ash x Lucario finally being a thing after so many years.

Also, 40 episodes in and Go finally caught his first Legendary. I was looking forward to Eternatus just flying around Sakuragi’s lab but I guess they had to play it safe, literally. Can’t wait to see Rose and Oleana return with more evil schemes, possibly with Calyrex?

And finally, I hope the camera crew got good shots of Ash and Go during the battle against Eternatus. I want all eyes on Ash from all the Galar Gym Leaders and rivals from now on!

PsychoLogical

His Rosecopter was wrecked, but he and his psycho secretary are pretty much coming back to fight another day.

Surprised that Rose was actually somewhat competent battler. Oleana was disappointing.
Oleana was portrayed accurately in battle from the games: Disappointing cause she was easy to beat lmao. Rose was portrayed properly as well where he is actually competent but that's just lore wise tbh.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon16

True to Gohs luck, he caught a legendary with little to no effort. Goh literally just showed up and then let Zacian and Zamazenta do the work XD I’m joking ofcourse

I don’t think we can countthis capture for Goh since they both threw the Pokeball and it would be pointless for both of them to pull out their dexs. I feel like this was a shared catch I’m use Ash for the data offscreen.

PsychoLogical

True to Gohs luck, he caught a legendary with little to no effort. Goh literally just showed up and then let Zacian and Zamazenta do the work XD I’m joking ofcourse

I don’t think we can countthis capture for Goh since they both threw the Pokeball and it would be pointless for both of them to pull out their dexs. I feel like this was a shared catch I’m use Ash for the data offscreen.
Does it really matter? Neither are going to ever use it since they just handed it over and sealed in a "not so safe way".

No pun intended.

ShadowDragon16

Does it really matter? Neither are going to ever use it since they just handed it over and sealed in a "not so safe way".

No pun intended.

True LOL that safe was pretty lame unless it’s lock away in like the bottom of the ocean or ruins in crowne tundra

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
when it comes to eternatus, containment is the only real option to keep that thing out of trouble, so i'm not concerned at all that Gou "Caught" it, because they had no choice, and at least he realized it's too dangerous to keep around like a standard pokemon and allowed them to put it somewhere where it can not cause problems...granted like others have said it's not going to be surprising at all if someone tries to get it back out.

The Evolutions were ok, Riolu's definitely a powerhouse now as it mowed down both of Rose's pokemon by itself with the Hadoken (I was kind of hoping they would've played Aaron's theme when it did evolve, but it's not like i expected them to), and on the other side I see Cinderace is no longer in it's emo phase, and back to being cheerful.

Seeing Ash and Gou with glowing artifacts was interesting, does that reflect their characters I wonder? Ash with the sword representing him being the more "aggressive" fighter, where as Gou with the shield is the more "passive" capturer?

The only one problem I have is that even if Rose did get away, was there any mention of reporting his activities to the authorities? Cause if not...Leon and Ash are going to likely have an interesting remainder of the PWC...with rigged battles likely coming their way, Leon can likely handle it on his side though...Ash on the other hand I don't know.

and it ain't gonna surprise me if Rose sends an emissary after Gou as well for revenge as well.

dman_dustin

Way to waste screentime having Goh and Ash being surprised about the other's evolutions. We could have figured out what happened to Rose using that time.

In no way that would've mattered, whereas them reacting over each other's Pokemon was relevant since they've been mostly separated this entire arc.

AJ97

Another impressive feat we see in this episode is Leon's Charizard actually holding its own against regular Eternatus and even managing to more or less win against. Regular Eternatus could be compared to other main special Legendaries like Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Dialga etc and the fact that Leon's Charizard held its own on his own and actually landed serious damage was pretty damn impressive. Granted he is the champion after all but still a pretty impressive feat especially considering how Alain and Steven did against Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
The episode specifically called attention to the fact that Rose has disappeared at the end and Dande is out looking for him. We are probably going to see him again someday. He neither got any sort of comeuppance or came to see the error of his ways, so he's an easy go-to source of conflict in the future.

PsychoLogical

The episode specifically called attention to the fact that Rose has disappeared at the end and Dande is out looking for him. We are probably going to see him again someday. He neither got any sort of comeuppance or came to see the error of his ways, so he's an easy go-to source of conflict in the future.
That's actually nice since it'd be quite a shame if he was just appearing only for the DD arc and then arrested. But it seems he's set for some future return in some future arc. I guess.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Great episode feels little rushed in the end. Kinda cruel to lock Eternatus in the end "forever" since it is Rose's fault.
I mean Rose is still out there and Swordward Shieldbert can be utilised, so this may not be the last of Eternatus.
Yamask confirmed to have come out of the stadium, not just in the area. Alister soon?

Raihan Kommo'o?

Seeing as Eternatus was sealed in the past as well, can we assume that it wouldn't be destroying everything without Rose? It's unfortunate that them seeing it from the plane was never explained.

Overall not a bad episode, but not as good as the rest of the arc. Raihan, Rose , Oleana in one episode, then Eternatus and an epilogue in the next would have likely been better.
Galar Yamask being a prelude to Allister is a theory I agree with. I don't think that was Raihan's kommoo, seemed wild, but then again a wild kommoo doesn't make sense...HM interesting. I agree, a scene showing Rose capturing eternatus from the wild could have been shown.
I'm REALLY looking forward to having the dog shoved down my throat more than ever before now that it finally evolved. NOT.
Gods forbid the jackal gets screentime for his own evolution episode :rolleyes: I'm so glad the writers took time out to make Riolu's evolution justified and him becoming strong for Ash's challenges in the PWC believable no matter how much you guys complain about him taking screentime. He hasn't hogged screentime yet, he got the proper focus he needed to make his strength believable as well as his evolution. Glad they showcased it's evolution in a proper way considering its a Mon fans have been clamouring for 15 years. Oh and Gengar and Farfetch'd not getting screentime is on the writers, not riolu, it's their weird priorities like using Pikachu for the second Bea battle and not using Gengar in situations where it makes sense.
so, 40 episodes in and Go finally caught his first Legendary. I was looking forward to Eternatus just flying around Sakuragi’s lab but I guess they had to play it safe, literally. Can’t wait to see Rose and Oleana return with more evil schemes, possibly with Calyrex?
Okay I really love that theory, especially as Calyrex has its own energy for dynamax, so it can fit for Rose's goals.
Did I hear it right? Raihan and Sonia to go on a date?:oops:
They really gave the middle finger to all Sonia X Leon fans and Raihan X Leon fans eh :p