• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield IV: Ultimate Sword & Shield (1134)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Not really.

An explanation as to why it can only evolve during the day may be because life simply is more lively during the day than the night, and aura is pretty much connected to life energy. At night, things are just quieter.
Sure that do make sense in the games but anime had no problem show riou evolved into a Lucirio as most Pokemon evolved bit different than their games counterparts

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I f

Good point. Though with the kind of financial influence they've got, I'd expect them just to buy a whole bunch of them.
True, but they also seem to be incredibly petty, so they may think taking Eternatus from the professor they feel sullied their family's good name is more poetic justice than buying wishing stars

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I don’t know why Oleana didn’t simply send out another Pokémon once Goh defeated her Milotic.We know she has a Garbodor so why didn’t she use it?

If they wanted Oleana to use Garbodor, they wouldn't have given it to her subordinate.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Its realy sad that they didnt even attempt to giganyamax copperajah but a rando gmaxes garbador. Otherwise the arc was over all decent. I hope now the other galar gls appear.

Considering that Eternatus was siphoning off dynamax energies (heck Meowth returned to normal when it got close) Rose probably couldn't have done it.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I'd rather he not be able to use Gold Rush.

They explicitly stated he can't use Pay Day because he learned to talk. This would be a slap in the face to that.

Eternatus is a forced capture in the games, and the anime is basically following the game's plot to the letter.

I wouldn't call it a good indicator of people catching Legendaries. It's no different than the UGs catching Ultra Beasts last show.

I know he can't use Pay Day, but any normal move learnt by Meowth turns into G-Max Gold Rush in his Gigantamax form. So, his Fury Swipes turn into G-Max Gold Rush, and it has the same effect than Pay Day.

And I'm not saying every Legandary will be captured, but some could. If they continue the plot from Sword and Shield, then maybe Ash will get Zacian and Goh will get Zamazenta.

so why didn't Leon and Raihan, or heck Ash use the concept too? Rose isn't the only one.

Because Eternatus was absorbing the Dynamax Particles that allowed the Pokemon to go Dynamax, negating them their ability to get it for himself. That's why Meowth returned to normal and Leon wasn's able to Gigantamax his Charizard.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
XY and SM didn't show off every Mega and Z-Move. Don't see why Journeys is obligated to show off every G-Max. Also, they could've just had TR repeat what they did with Drednaw.

D

Deleted member 384931

Since the start of SM, I am kinda dissapointed in villan arcs. They feel rushed,why is that? For +10 years villan arcs are used at the end of a series since SM at the beginning. I dont like this trend.

This is why every pokemon normally get an episode to itself to evolve. The starter of Gou evolved for very dumb reasons. The Riolu of Satoshi went through a development against Bea, they had the ideal moment to evolve it here, but no, they let him evolve in a random battle.

Now I fear they will only use Aura Sphere and Pyro Ball, cause they are signature moves.

The pacing of this arc is terrible. One episode is too SLOW, the other too QUICK. I am not even sure I will remember much of it.