• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sword & Shield IV: Ultimate Sword & Shield (1134)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Reflecting a bit on Raboot's evo and the apparent "personality switches"... I think the intention with the scene showing Cinderace defaulted to Scorbunny's smiling atitude was something like this:

- When it evolved into Raboot it was back when Goh still had troubles (fully) understanding him and kept putting his logic/beliefs without taking much account of his feelings. That lead to Raboot becoming more distant as they couldn't sync much
- As they work out their issues, the Cinderace evo happens during a battle where Goh discards his usual logical side, understands why winning with "our ember" is so important to his pokémon and go to fully trust him.

The whole "rebelious teen" thing is more of a simple way to explain why he looks distant even if he still likes his trainer.

Granted, it wasn't presented as it should but that's how I'm interpreting their intention...

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Can I just say...

It does still ultimately sadden me that we got neither of these? Well, Rose's theme there wasn't really a good place for since that thing really is just entirely too ominous, but the fact that we not only did not get the Mugendaina theme in any of its variants for the battle, but that the climactic moment that was straight out of the game didn't even use a new track was... disappointing.
Can I just say looking back now it is kinda hilarious how Hayashi did not record a new rendition of the Mugendaina theme for this episode... and then Goldfarb did one for Evolutions? (Though I found his take on it rather weak. Evolutions is still the one case where I take no issue with Goldfarb's involvement though considering how he is actually the original composer there, rather than being brought in to replace somebody else's work.)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Can I just say looking back now it is kinda hilarious how Hayashi did not record a new rendition of the Mugendaina theme for this episode... and then Goldfarb did one for Evolutions? (Though I found his take on it rather weak. Evolutions is still the one case where I take no issue with Goldfarb's involvement though considering how he is actually the original composer there, rather than being brought in to replace somebody else's work.)
Goldfarb's theme for when they're battling Eternatus is the most pathetic thing I've ever heard

"We need to showcase how dangerous and powerful Eternatus is, so-"
"Xylophones."
"What?"
"We'll use xylophones."

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
In retrospect to how awful the Galar focus has been, I have doubts that we’ll ever see Rose or Eternatus again which makes this ending even more dissatisfying.