• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Swords Dancing Murkrow...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
If you just woke up, and ever bothered to read the Serebii announcements on the main page, you may have also ran across this gem. Apparently, some of the Pokemon in the Pokewalker courses included for HGSS are also equipped with unique moves not normally acquired. Here's some that stick out:

Machop: Leech Seed
Murkrow: Swords Dance (!)
Tangela: Thunderbolt (!!)
Remoraid: Bone Rush (?)
Pikachu(s): Fly, Surf (We saw this coming though)

Plus a bunch of the Pokemon have access to moves that you normally have to breed for like Chingling with Recover. But those are self explanatory and none of them really scream breeding conflict. It's just too bad that Murkrow cant utilize Brave Bird AND Swords Dance at the same time.

Whether these moves are legit or not remains to be determined.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
They're only legit if you can catch them (Because I don't care for the pokewalker, I wouldn't know if you can or can't). Otherwise, keep on dreaming.

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
Leech Seed Machop... I am not sure about that one being legit. It could have been a horrible attempt to spell Leer, or it could have been some incomprehensible move by GameFreak.

Thunderbolt Tangela is definitely a shock (I apologize for the pun).

Bone Rush Remoraid makes sense. As gruesome as it sounds, if Octillery can spit seeds and rocks, then certainly it can spit bones...

Swords Dancing Murkrow is not that unrealistic. Certainly a crow can put on a spirited dance by frequently hopping about.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I don't even want to know how it does that.

I have an idea, but it's inappropriate :D. I love the idea of the Flying Pikachu but Thunderbolt Tangela sounds a bit off.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Leech Seed Machop... I am not sure about that one being legit. It could have been a horrible attempt to spell Leer, or it could have been some incomprehensible move by GameFreak.

Thunderbolt Tangela is definitely a shock (I apologize for the pun).

It could have been a blatant misspelling. But don't put anything past Gamefreak.

Tangrowth has access to Shock Wave, so it was only a matter of time before they upgraded it to use a real electric attack. And since both Starmie and Lapras have been capable of Thunderbolt since day one, I'll believe it.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Machop: Leech Seed
uh.... yuk.... That doesn't even make sense.
Murkrow: Swords Dance (!)
Thanks for naming thye thread after murky :D you made my day. anyway, i think murkrow would appreciate that. nasty plot for those who need special sweepers and swords dance for those that want physical. picturing it using the move is cool too.
Tangela: Thunderbolt (!!)
This one makles the most sense.you can actually picture it happening and probably would only be useful vs flying
Remoraid: Bone Rush (?)
uh...... wtf? probably randomly obtains a bone and uses his mouth to hit stuff.
Pikachu(s): Fly, Surf (We saw this coming though)
there have been these given out in the past as well. surfer in pbr and flier in some random event. so, not entirely odd

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
As it turns out, the only Pokemon who will have new previously unobtainable moves are, well, none of them. The Pokemon previously mentioned have the same movesets as before, except of course for Pikachu which already received Surf and Fly in RBY and on.

Webmaster Serebii (or whoever) once again pulled one of their web page blunders and the errors were rectified this afternoon. Sorry for the hubbub.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
As it turns out, the only Pokemon who will have new previously unobtainable moves are, well, none of them. The Pokemon previously mentioned have the same movesets as before, except of course for Pikachu which already received Surf and Fly in RBY and on.

Webmaster Serebii (or whoever) once again pulled one of their web page blunders and the errors were rectified this afternoon. Sorry for the hubbub.

And with that news I'll be closing this.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.