• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Swordsplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

poke-pownage

Super powner
I am not certain abput this combo, but it looks pretty promising. The fact that I am doing this here is that I don't want the rest of the world to here about it if it is really good. I just want some advice from my clan.

Shuckle
Defense boosting nature
You tell me a good item.
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spike
???
???

Cloyster
Defense Boosting Nature
Spikes
???
???
???
Aerodayctyl
I need a nature
Whirlwind
Roar
Sleep Talk
Rest

This is obviously meant to be a stall strategy. I send out shuckle to lay out toxic spikes and stealth rock. He will easily survive. I send out Cloyster, he lays down three layers of spikes. Switch into Aerodactyl. He take some damage. Uses rest. Uses Sleep Talk. 2/3 chance of getting a forced switch move. Opponent takes major damage. Repeat Aerodactyl's attacks. I know this probably isn't all this good, but I just want some advice from you guys before taking it into the world. Also if you could provide me with some nice EVs, that would be nice. Also Aerodactyl wants to remain defensive, but fast, so he can sneak in sleep talk. The reason I induced the sleep is because Roar and Whirlwind have low priority.

poke-pownage

Super powner
It is basically a version of skarmbliss that does more passive damage. I also left in empty move slots for more offensive moves if they are needed.

SRTHIZZ

poke-pownage...ill pm you later for the pokes your asking...
and i think im gonna get ss aswell, since back in the days, i had the gold version. and welcome back phocis...

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
i got a shoddy team kinda like that. It's ok..but mine is a bit different of course so i dunno how well urs would do. probly better

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
I should try a Shuckle in one of my shoddy teams... I need more teams anyways I only have one for every tier but Uber... strangley enough...

[GS]

Staring at my phone
@ PokePownage: A few things are wrong there:

Shuckle doesn't get Toxic Spikes, and if you're
looking to stall you may wanna try this...

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
*Sturdy*
~ Rest
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake
~ Acupressure

I love this set, he's pretty much unstoppable
after a few lucky boosts.

Cloyster is just eh, so I'll leave that one...

As for Aero, his defenses are just awful, and
can't really pull off a ResTalk set. I see where
you're going with it though, and I think maybe
Zapdos or even Tropius would pull it off better.

Hope this helps. ^^

poke-pownage

Super powner
Check that. Toxic Spikes should be part of Cloyster's setup.

poke-pownage

Super powner
WHat if I replace aero with this snorlax

Snorlax
Leftovers
EVs in Hp and ???
Rest
Whirlwind
Sleeptalk
Substitute

SRTHIZZ

WHat if I replace aero with this snorlax

Snorlax
Leftovers
EVs in Hp and ???
Rest
Whirlwind
Sleeptalk
Substitute
try evs in hp and def w/ leftover
whirlwind
body slam (to para hax them)
rest
sleep talk
i think it might be ok....substitute might be useless and waist of hp...lets see what other people would say. but snorlax i think is a better choice than aero.

Last edited:

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
is the first round even finished yet?

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
Actually, I was wrong about the tourney matchups. It was actually me v Clone and SRTHIZZ v Al... I am really sorry I think everyone listened to me. Maybe these timezones will be easier.

Dekimashda

tha shiiz?
oh thats good then. gl to all those in the last round then

Monky

Sorry i haven't been on in awhile, and by a wile i mean 2 months.(school stuff) Good news is that I'm going to be on more hopefully because i got heart gold. I have a team set already, I'm in the breeding phase right now. So once again sorry for my absents.

SRTHIZZ

Actually, I was wrong about the tourney matchups. It was actually me v Clone and SRTHIZZ v Al... I am really sorry I think everyone listened to me. Maybe these timezones will be easier.
mmm...trying to think who's al...well anyway we seriously gotta finish this tournament...only 4 people playing now and it shouldnt take us months to finish this...ill check the front page now for my opponent al....something i guess...

AlCario

Banned
mmm...trying to think who's al...well anyway we seriously gotta finish this tournament...only 4 people playing now and it shouldnt take us months to finish this...ill check the front page now for my opponent al....something i guess...

That would be me. I'll try to be on this weekend.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Sorry guys, I'm really starting to think about closing this Clan. It's really not active enough, and I haven't gotten a VM/PM about points since February. If I do decide (I mostly likely will decide to) to, I will donate shinies.

Sorry again

EDIT: Clan is being closed. Sorry everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.