• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

T.E.M. - The Elemental Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukken

So, yeah. I have no clue about competitive battling or anything, but I'm trying to learn.

Do we have a chatbox or something we can talk in? PS won't let me talk until I win a battle, and I want to be prepared before I do.

I'm trying out this team, so tell me how I can fix it. Dragonite is the only one who needs to stay in:

Dragonite (Surprise Special Sweeper)
Vaporeon (Wall/Haze)
Starmie (Special Sweeper/Spinner)
Ferrothorn (Wall/Annoyer)
Gengar (Haze/ Sweeper? Maybe?)
Scizor (Phyiscal Sweeper)

The site I was using to guide me said a good team build is 4 Sweepers, a Tank, and an Annoyer. So I have something like that. Ideas?

This is for WiFi btw.

Vaporeon (Wall/Haze)

I would make dragonite a physical sweeper because bliss really looks like a problem for you for face.
You probably need a scarfer too. Try scarfed Rotom-W > Vaporeon so you can have a nice volt turn core

Looks pretty solid though. Can you post the ev spread and the moves too?

Hannibal

Darkrai for ever
So, yeah. I have no clue about competitive battling or anything, but I'm trying to learn.

Do we have a chatbox or something we can talk in? PS won't let me talk until I win a battle, and I want to be prepared before I do.

I'm trying out this team, so tell me how I can fix it. Dragonite is the only one who needs to stay in:

Vaporeon (Wall/Haze)

The site I was using to guide me said a good team build is 4 Sweepers, a Tank, and an Annoyer. So I have something like that. Ideas?

This is for WiFi btw.

If you want dragonite a special sweeper it's okay. He's good to in that way. I rather love to use it as a physical ;)

But let's start with the ferrotorn (you will most of the time put him out as first one, depends on the opponents team though)
Possible attack set +IV/EV spread
1) - Stealth rock, toxic spikes, Protect and leech seed
-31/x/31/x-/31+/31 (Since it doesn't have any attack moves)
-252/x/x/x/80/176 (You can also do 252 on SpDeff and 4 on Deff, but I put 176 on speed because it can outspeed a forretress with 31/0 (IV/EV) in speed)
-Item: Something like rocky helmet or leftovers would be okay
-Iron barbs
2) -Gyro ball, Power whip, Stealth rocks and leech seeds/protect/toxic spikes
-31/31+/31/x/31/0- (This zero is to maximize it's gyro ball)
-x/56/200/x/252/x
-Item: Leftovers will be the best I think
- Iron barbs

I use 2) myself :D

Then Gengar. I love this pokemon really really much :)
1) -Shadow ball, focus blast, thunderbolt/Sludge bomb/psychic/giga drain, (the same 4) (I would never use giga drain, but I think it could work)
-31/x-/31/31+/31/31
-4/x/x/252/x/252
Item: Choise specs/Black sludge
-Levitate

2) Hypnosis, Trick, Shadow ball, clear smog (This one's really to f*ck the other one)
Same thins as above, only certainly attach choise specs
Technique here: Use on the first one a trick, gengar get's a good item, the other one get's choise specs (the best is when you do it on a physical attacker, or a pokemon who most of the time does a boosting move when he comes in, like dragonite cloyster and scizor) then you can start playing around. When he switches out use hypnosis, or when you have to battle a boosted poke, just switch him in, use hypnosis and then clear smog (choise specs need to be gone already)

Dragonite (My favourite dragon pokemon :D)
1)Give him leftovers or white herb
Draco meteor, hurricane, roost, surf/blizzard/ice beam
31/x/31/31/31/31
252/x-/x/252+/4/x (Bulky set)
4/x-/x/252+/x/252+ (Fast set, but he cannot outspeed a lot of pokemon except when you would attach choise specs, witth his basic 80 speed stat)
multiscale

2)(The physical set nr1) Give him leftovers
Extreme speed, dragon dance,roost, outrage
31/31/31/x/31/31
252/252+/x/x-/4/x (Bulky set => preferred)
4/252+/x/x-/x/252+ (Fast set)
Multiscale
Technique: With his multiscale ability dragonite becomes very powerfull, to my opinion it should become uber :). You just start with a dragon dance (speed + attack goes up) then when you have lost to much HP you useroost till your HP is okay, if this doesn't work, just do an attack. 1,5 times attack can do a lot of damage.

3) The above one but with attacks: Dragon dance, earthquake, outrage, extremespeed/roost

Starmie vaporeon and Scizor I don't use a lot, so maybe listen to the others.
I could give you more info when I had more time :-/

The +/- next to EV/IV is for the nature (which stats the nature should boost.)

Ryukken

Vaporeon (Wall/Haze)

I would make dragonite a physical sweeper because bliss really looks like a problem for you for face.
You probably need a scarfer too. Try scarfed Rotom-W > Vaporeon so you can have a nice volt turn core

Looks pretty solid though. Can you post the ev spread and the moves too?

Like I said, I'm using this for WiFi, and after about a million soft resets, the best Nature I could come up with is the one that boosts SpA and decreases Atk. And I'd like to keep it.

As for move-sets, EVs and the like, I don't know. I just posted a team, and I was looking for help on the rest.

If you want dragonite a special sweeper it's okay. He's good to in that way. I rather love to use it as a physical ;)

But let's start with the ferrotorn (you will most of the time put him out as first one, depends on the opponents team though)
Possible attack set +IV/EV spread
1) - Stealth rock, toxic spikes, Protect and leech seed
-31/x/31/x-/31+/31 (Since it doesn't have any attack moves)
-252/x/x/x/80/176 (You can also do 252 on SpDeff and 4 on Deff, but I put 176 on speed because it can outspeed a forretress with 31/0 (IV/EV) in speed)
-Item: Something like rocky helmet or leftovers would be okay
-Iron barbs
2) -Gyro ball, Power whip, Stealth rocks and leech seeds/protect/toxic spikes
-31/31+/31/x/31/0- (This zero is to maximize it's gyro ball)
-x/56/200/x/252/x
-Item: Leftovers will be the best I think
- Iron barbs

I use 2) myself :D

Then Gengar. I love this pokemon really really much :)
1) -Shadow ball, focus blast, thunderbolt/Sludge bomb/psychic/giga drain, (the same 4) (I would never use giga drain, but I think it could work)
-31/x-/31/31+/31/31
-4/x/x/252/x/252
Item: Choise specs/Black sludge
-Levitate

2) Hypnosis, Trick, Shadow ball, clear smog (This one's really to f*ck the other one)
Same thins as above, only certainly attach choise specs
Technique here: Use on the first one a trick, gengar get's a good item, the other one get's choise specs (the best is when you do it on a physical attacker, or a pokemon who most of the time does a boosting move when he comes in, like dragonite cloyster and scizor) then you can start playing around. When he switches out use hypnosis, or when you have to battle a boosted poke, just switch him in, use hypnosis and then clear smog (choise specs need to be gone already)

Dragonite (My favourite dragon pokemon :D)
1)Give him leftovers or white herb
Draco meteor, hurricane, roost, surf/blizzard/ice beam
31/x/31/31/31/31
252/x-/x/252+/4/x (Bulky set)
4/x-/x/252+/x/252+ (Fast set, but he cannot outspeed a lot of pokemon except when you would attach choise specs, witth his basic 80 speed stat)
multiscale

2)(The physical set nr1) Give him leftovers
Extreme speed, dragon dance,roost, outrage
31/31/31/x/31/31
252/252+/x/x-/4/x (Bulky set => preferred)
4/252+/x/x-/x/252+ (Fast set)
Multiscale
Technique: With his multiscale ability dragonite becomes very powerfull, to my opinion it should become uber :). You just start with a dragon dance (speed + attack goes up) then when you have lost to much HP you useroost till your HP is okay, if this doesn't work, just do an attack. 1,5 times attack can do a lot of damage.

3) The above one but with attacks: Dragon dance, earthquake, outrage, extremespeed/roost

Starmie vaporeon and Scizor I don't use a lot, so maybe listen to the others.
I could give you more info when I had more time :-/

The +/- next to EV/IV is for the nature (which stats the nature should boost.)

Thanks for the help! But as it is, I don't know how to RNG on my 3DS, or RNG in general to be honest, so getting perfect IVs is up in the air at the moment, since this team is for Wifi Battling. I mean, I can try for 31s in a few stats, but a full 31 spread without RNG? I don't think I can.

Also, my Dragonite has the default ability, since, like I said, it's for Wifi, and I haven't invested enough time in DW yet. And, since I'm running Roost, would Life Orb be a viable option, since his SpA is a little weak to begin with?

Last thought: Would the EVs for Ferroseed's speed be worth the loss in Def?

Last edited:

RJMays

PKMN Professor
Hey! We have a FB group, PM me, and I'll send you the link to it. We sort of stopped using it as much when the guild was first formed to encourage activity on the forum, but with membership rising as it is, I think we can open it back up again!

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
well im on today but looks like i wont be able to battle any of you guys. oh well ill just wait to play my little bros black2 then see ya guys later.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-19968495
here hopefully the links works so you guys can see me battle for once.

enjoy

Last edited:

Jorge565

Magikarp
Like I said, I'm using this for WiFi, and after about a million soft resets, the best Nature I could come up with is the one that boosts SpA and decreases Atk. And I'd like to keep it.

As for move-sets, EVs and the like, I don't know. I just posted a team, and I was looking for help on the rest.

Thanks for the help! But as it is, I don't know how to RNG on my 3DS, or RNG in general to be honest, so getting perfect IVs is up in the air at the moment, since this team is for Wifi Battling. I mean, I can try for 31s in a few stats, but a full 31 spread without RNG? I don't think I can.

Also, my Dragonite has the default ability, since, like I said, it's for Wifi, and I haven't invested enough time in DW yet. And, since I'm running Roost, would Life Orb be a viable option, since his SpA is a little weak to begin with?

Last thought: Would the EVs for Ferroseed's speed be worth the loss in Def?
Remember you can collect points and trade them in for Pokemon in the guild shop
To the other leaders o think we need a new person to make our userbars because the mysterious stranger is taking entirely TOO long more than a month so if you guys want me to request the Userbars vm me the ranks

Last edited:

Hannibal

Darkrai for ever
Jorge...
We still nee to battle ;)

RJMays

PKMN Professor
Remember you can collect points and trade them in for Pokemon in the guild shop
To the other leaders o think we need a new person to make our userbars because the mysterious stranger is taking entirely TOO long more than a month so if you guys want me to request the Userbars vm me the ranks

Definitely. I hadnt realized it had been so long until you mentioned it! I'll send them to you shortly.

ALSO I will be updating Guild Points, the title thread and shop requests for banners/pokemon/training/breeding, etc.
and just another reminder, my competitive battling tutorials are today as wel if anyone's interested.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
hmmmm, i think i can kinda help wirh that team.

Dragonite[special/sweeper]
ferrothorn[look at the one i used in the link in my post. It was bold with 252 stats in defense and sp defense with no attack moves just spike,protect,leech seed and stealth rock.held item leftovers.

scizor choice band or steel gem with technician and bullet punch of course.

i thought kazam would work but it is frail.but it also out speeds gengar with timid nature and choice scarf.

volcarona[focus sash] might helpmdont really know.

finally tornadus or thunderus because wynaut.

i realize that this team sucks but it has help me on some occasions on wifi and ps.

Ryukken

hmmmm, i think i can kinda help wirh that team.

Dragonite[special/sweeper]
ferrothorn[look at the one i used in the link in my post. It was bold with 252 stats in defense and sp defense with no attack moves just spike,protect,leech seed and stealth rock.held item leftovers.

scizor choice band or steel gem with technician and bullet punch of course.

i thought kazam would work but it is frail.but it also out speeds gengar with timid nature and choice scarf.

volcarona[focus sash] might helpmdont really know.

finally tornadus or thunderus because wynaut.

i realize that this team sucks but it has help me on some occasions on wifi and ps.

I'm using a Relaxed Ferrothorn with 252 in each Def, with spike, leech seed, stealth rock, and gyro.

I'll definitely look in to the Scizor.

How can I earn guild points?

EDIT: I swapped Gengar out for a Lucario. It's working pretty well so far.

Last edited:
Are we going to make a xat chat soon? It would make getting battles a lot easier. It's kind of hard to get battles through pms and vms. I haven't got the chance to battle any of you yet xD.

Jorge565

Magikarp
The link will be in my sig fir the new chat ! Will make a button a button for it soon
Here are the buttons:
PicsArt_1369691817986_zps3a514cb7.png

PicsArt_1369692274735_zps6e5d17ee.png

PicsArt_1369692463622_zpsa08421ca.png

Resized ones

PicsArt_1369693333633_zpsd3e7342c.png

PicsArt_1369696134855_zps97e43752.png

PicsArt_1369695978155_zps8d1238f5.png

Last edited:

RJMays

PKMN Professor
The link will be in my sig fir the new chat ! Will make a button a button for it soon
Here are the buttons:

Resized ones

Jorge, seriously man, with all the work you are putting in, its been amazing. I really want to say thanks for just agreeing to co-founding this guild. Another awesome job.

Hannibal

Darkrai for ever
Here are the buttons:

Resized ones

It's great indeed.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
anyon want to battle on ps right meow i can o nly be on for a hour though.

just look for my name alright see ya

Ryukken

Just to let everyone know, I finally found a working team. After we get our chat boxes set up, I will step up to see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.