• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tactics Theatrics! (430)

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Well just saw the pics and this looks really cool. Team Rocket were pretty good. Scott apeared again! I guess this means he'll be there for every Facility.

DKzM0mA

Bring it.
What move did swampert use when its tail glowed goldish?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The whole episode was brilliant. The battle was incredibly intense, all the attacks used looked absolutely devestating and the pokémon themselves pulled off some admirable combination moves. I thought Swellow getting Arcanine to use Extreme Speed accidentally on Swampert was one worth mentioning. And of course, there was the Water Pulse/Fire Blast tornado.

Tucker may not have been as flamboyant as many people had hoped, but he still retained his love of being showered with applause in front of a cheering audience. And that aspect of his personallity was pretty cool. It certainly made his first meeting with Ash before the match a lot more interesting than past gym leaders.
Though I have to say, those fangirls started to annoy me after a while ^^;

Apart from the gob-smackingly awesome animation, I thought giving Tucker's
pokémon such a wide variety of attacks helped this battle to be far more interesting than what we're usually used to. Swampert for example used about 6 different moves during the match, and Swellow & Arcanine used varying techniques also. Aerial Ace from Arcanine was most unexpected, and even Ash seemed to be a little shocked when Tucker ordered the attack.

But on the downside, it really makes you notice just how limited Corphish's moves are. All its really been using are the ol' Crabhammer and Bubblebeam, and its lack of attacks really stood out in contrast to the other pokémon. That needs to be fixed methinks. Screw evolution, what Corphish 'needs' is another decent attack. Dig, where art 'thou?~

-Would I be correct in assuming Tucker's Arcanine was female? It certainly sounded like it at least.
-So, they're now using the red-ish CG BubbleBeam that is seen during the opening now? You have to wonder why they keep making these changes at such awkward times.
-Speaking of changes, what the hell was up with Mud Shot? It looked identical to the old energy-orb BubbleBeam fro the early AG days :/

ShoOCha0tic

Hey Hey You You
JazzJazz said:
You seem to say it as if it's a bad thing... of course he was going to conquer the Battle Dome, just as he will with the remaining Frontier Brains.
its a bad thing because that would make the bf series even more predictable. -.-

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Tucker = Fashion victim to the max.

I'm a little disappointed that Scott had to show his fat face again. I'm convinced more than ever that he's a pedophilic stalker. The animation in this owns. Easily the best Brain battle so far.

tuckersenri4zi.png

XD. AVATAR. NOW.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
ShoOCha0tic said:
its a bad thing because that would make the bf series even more predictable. -.-
Aww, but if he hadn't won, you'd have to complain about a ton of fillers.
Look at it this way. Now you get to complain about a decent battle episode with absolutely no faults at all, instead of complaining about many random ones in which nothing particulary spectacular happens!

Feel better now? [img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG139]

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
That episode looks very superb. I wish can download the episode that but I cannot ask for downloads here.

This day is very sweet, first Harley and now Tucker. I wonder when are they gonna use the Tucker pic in myt sig as a avatar?

D

Deoxys & Jirachi

i looked at the pictures of the episode and i thought it was a good battle with that person in the battle dome and ash won again and gained his third symbol and i thought ash was going to lose this one for sure.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
*Holds Breath*
Damn - that was one awesome episode. The animation was really cool looking. Wow - Tucker was actually manly and didn't sound homosexual. Oh well - looks can be deceiving. He was just entertaining all the girls in the crowd, xD. Dang, his Pokémon had some amazing moves. I still can't figure out the water on the ceiling thing - was that the move Water Spout or something? The CG moves always look so awesome :p - I wish more future battles could be like this. It was also amazing that Team Rocket for once didn't interrupt the battle - I wish it could stay that way but we can't make that decision >_>; We can expect that he could possibly be one of the best Frontier Brains (in the show anyway) I also think he's a ladies man but he isn't some evil freak either like Harley.
*Exhales*

Oh well - this one one awesome episode and deserves an awesome rating of 10/10! This has been the best episode so far IMO.

~Scott;229;

Last edited:
B

boLd NinJa{Koga's Son}

saw the pics, the episode is awesom! Especially Tucker's Swampert made the Episode so cool.It is the first time we see a Swampert battle that long!That Tail-Glowing thing, was that really water pulse?

;169;

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
ShoOCha0tic said:

It's no more predictable then Ash getting all 8 badges or May getting her 5 ribbons. We know Ash/May will get all their little trinkets to enter the league, so even if Ash/May lose, we know they'll just try again until they succeed.

Besides, I think they're saving Ash's loss for Lucy. That way the writers can put Lucy in more than one episode. :D

JazzJazz

CyberCubed said:
We know Ash/May will get all their little trinkets to enter the league, so even if Ash/May lose, we know they'll just try again until they succeed.

Indeed, it's most inevitable that Ash will obtain all seven Frontier Symbols... it's not predictable, it's fiction... the protagonist usually wins.

Thriller

Its almost time
My God my bad day gets worse.

Of course that fat guy has to appear in page 2 of the pics. OF COURSE!

I didn't really feel like looking through all the pics because

#1 I knew the outcome already
#2 Scottie was in it

I just hope that we won't rush to the Battle Pike if that is were we are going next.

From what I saw the battle was pretty cool but Yott (not a typo) being in the episode ruined it for me.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Has Scott ever explained why he's always managed to show up just when Ash is about to enter a Facility? It seems too much of a coincidence to me.

He's either stalking Ash...or possibly May.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I just saw the episode and it was nice. I really liked the seventh movie music playing. Swampert is just awsome. He looks just so flexible and long! Overall one nice episode.

Just one thing I didn't understand. Before the match started some machine popped up. What was the purpose for that?

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
1. Scott thinks Ash is a very powerful trainer and wants to watch his battles.
2. Scott owns the Battle Frontier, duh.
3. Why do yall hate Scott so much - he doesn't have gender identity issues like Harley - Harley is a sick evil freak.

~Scott;229;

B

Blaziken master

Best Battle frontier facility episode ever! The battles were awesome and the fan girls were crazy! Swampert got the battle time it deserved and arcanine was more awesome than usual.The team of Swellow and corphish was the best in a while. Tucker's voice sounded like the anouncer of the hoenn league to me. It could have used an pre battle filler episode though.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Cookies for Akihiro Tamagawa and Masaaki Iwane <3

This episode was delicious. The animation speaks for itself, I loved the BGM used here (I was already wondering when they were going to use music from the 7th movie soundtrack), and the battle had variety and was well paced. They do have to watch that 'Battle Frontier' doesn't become overused though. It's a great song, and I don't want them to ruin it by playing it over and over again.

Of course, I liked the Pokémon in this battle too. Corphish is my favorite Ash Pokémon at the moment, with Swellow, they make a great team.

Two particular scenes at the beginning were really hilarious. The one with Ash happily answering the interviewers' questions, until he was told by Scott that they were only interested in him because he was Tucker's opponent, and the scene later with May and Max imagining what their father would look like with Tucker's outfit. And holy crackers, Norman looked yummy in that fairy costume if I may say so o_O

Tucker is awesome, but I knew that all along anyway. His movements were just plain cool. So far, they've always found a way to make the Brains even more interesting than in the games, I hope they keep up with that. Victor was pretty cool, too.

I was a little irritated by the fangirls' (first) impolite attitude towards Ash, but on the other hand, I'm glad. Characters with a large fanbase in their 'world' tend to have an extremely cocky attitude (Tucker excluded), and a generally confident person like Ash might become even worse than just stuck-up XD

Well...if I went on I'd probably just continue repeating what others already said. But really, it's my favorite Frontier Battle so far.

Just one thing I didn't understand. Before the match started some machine popped up. What was the purpose for that?
It was a Pokémon transfering machine (or however they call that thing which switches their Pokémon with others from the 'box'/laboratory) I think. I guess it works like the ones in Pokémon Centers, but you have to wonder how, since there weren't any telephones near by. :/

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Tucker's Swampert > Masamune's Swampert. It's what his SHOULD'VE been.

And this episode goes to show you that manga spoilers can't always keep 'em down. ;)

God, is there anything BAD about this episode? Honestly. I guess you could say it was fairly formulatic. But some things taste good as they are.

It leaves me almost sad.... We aren't going to get fabulous animation like that each episode. Hell, just WATCHING the Elekid preview made me depressed.

Lucy should be next. Can't wait for that. And see now, I'm spoiled. They showed the Battle Dome so early that I'm anticipating an event that won't occur for another 10 episodes.

Gravy said:
But on the downside, it really makes you notice just how limited Corphish's moves are. All its really been using are the ol' Crabhammer and Bubblebeam, and its lack of attacks really stood out in contrast to the other pokémon. That needs to be fixed methinks. Screw evolution, what Corphish 'needs' is another decent attack. Dig, where art 'thou?~
AMEN.

Harden, Vicegrip, Bubblebeam, Crabhammer. It's a wonder how Ash's Pokemon can survive with only select attacks.