• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tactics Theatrics! (430)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Ashy Boy said:
What about Team Rocket? What were they scheming this time?

Nothing. I've seen it, all they did was brush Tucker's hair and then distribute snacks during the match.

Dark Cacturne

The Road To Victory!
while they were serving the costumers, they watched the battle too (Which was Awesome!) and they were very impressed with Tucker's tactics! Meowth than said funny: We love tactics too, but we always get blast away :)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Again, just saw this in the US. This episode was awesome. Ash and Tucker's intro to the stage was cool. Swellow's also got a terrible new voice. It was cool to see Fire Blast shot like that. Water Pulse looked awesome, although at first I thought Swampert was gonna use Muddy Water. I really can't wait to see that attack in the anime. The battle was amazing.

TheBuddyBud

wow, i just saw this episode a couple seconds ago

corphish's new voice is horrifying, maybe even worse than ash

and swellow and corphish were hit directly by super powerful attacks, but swampert and arcanine were defeated by 1 super weak aerial ace and crabhammer

did i mention they were only hit once?

Munchlax66

The Japanese version>the dubbed version

Tucker had a better voice and the battle seemed more exciting in the original. I mean in the dub, everything felt boring and uninspiring, rather than epic and full of flair.

Tucker's voice was actually really cool. I dunno if it fit him, per se, but it sounded excellent.

On the other hand, Swellow's voice was pretty bad =/ Corphish's voice wasn't bad, but it was bloody strange after getting so used to its old voice.

Superb animation, yes, but even this team was a little off here and there. Swampert's head looked horrendously overlarge in one scene in the latter half of the episode. It was using Water Gun, iirc, and its head was noticeably huge.

A good episode, though. Team Rocket didn't interfere, which is a welcome change. It sort of flew by, actually, but I guess the battle was just so highly-charged that I didn't notice the time passing.

?*V Tsun*?
The 8th Champion

Haha Tucker's voice was pretty cool, though I've always imagine it would sound a bit like Harley's. xD But it's good anyways.

I loved how they did Ash's and Tucker's intro.
And the part where Ash is like "Who's Tucker?" *People turn blue and are shocked*
Ash: What? Did I say something dumb?
And the part when May and Max imagine Norman in Tucker's outfit. That was funny xD

But yeah, this was a really great episode. <3 I loved it.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Swellow's also got a terrible new voice.

Well, it was off, but it didn't sound too different from its hoarse crow-call from AG. I dunno, the sound of all that music pumping in the background drowned it out. :(

Also, did anyone see how they showed off all those places Ash battled in, including the Whirl Cup? Wow, the writers went overboard glorifying Ash in this episode. The press conference reminded me of "Air Time!" - seems Ash has lost the nervousness of being in front of a mic. :D

This was an awesome episode, and I loved how they kept everything intact. Tucker loves to entertain, and they kept the whole arena battle two-on-two thing from the Emerald game. That's great considering how they screwed up the last two Brains. (Not that I hated them, just that they wasted potential by not using the game's rules there and giving Greta cliche fighting Pokemon.)

Samayowa

you amaze me.
This was my favorite episode ever!
Though, that could have something to do with Tukcer being my favorite character ever.

Ash actually had a AWESOME battle, not just an OK one for once.
I LOVE Tucker's battle style, and is cocky attitude. :)

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
This indeed was an awsome battle to bad there ins't anymore like it that I know of.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
If you hate this battle, you hate all of Pokemon.

I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Medea

Excalibur
Neato, frito, bandito!

Okay sorry for that, this was the only episode from this morning that I got a chance to see (so I'll have to wait to see the other one).

Anyways, pretty good episode. I saw the Japanese version a couple of months ago and of course I had to see this episode in English for a couple of reasons. One of those reasons was of course hearing Tucker's voice. I really don't know what I was expecting for his voice, but who cares, I like his voice and I guess it can fit with what I've been doing for the past year.

As for the battle itself, next to Anabel's, Tucker's battle was pretty exciting. And I've never been a fan of Ash's gym/battle frontier battles.

Those poor girls in the audience, they're going to cry when they find out that Tucker is really gay and marries a coordinator named Harley :p

Leon Phelps

Don't Tread on Me
The battle was great in this episode, but it felt a little rushed at the end with the deus ex machina Aerial Ace and Crabhammer. They could have stretched this battle out some more but I know how they like to squeeze everything into one episode and halfass the end of the battle.

Remember Golden Swellow?

Mimori Kiryu

This was a great battle episode. One of the best, considering that it actually had some type of tactics in it!~ Awesome.

I think Tucker's voice actually fit, and the attacks from Swampert and Arcanine were pretty cool
They're going throught these Frontier brains battles fast

Akane

This episode totally rocked! I really love the tactics that Ash and Tucker used. And I loved Tucker's voice! It suited him so well. ^^ And I liked the part where Ash and Tucker had thier entrances. That was totally cool. ^^

CM

HURRY HURRY HURRY
This is my favorite battle from all of Pokémon. Everything is just handled perfectly. Good attacks, strategies, didn't turn into a slideshow of both of them yelling the same attacks 20 times over, and had great art throughout the entire episode. The ending was a bit rushed, but it really didn't hurt it that much.

I hope more battles are like this in the future.

This isn't really on par with some other awesome matches(coughcoughcharizardvsmagmarcoughcough), but this is still a great battle. Look at all the awesome animation~!*_*

Tucker...his voice really stood out! It kept on a constant 'lone person in the empty gymnasium' echo, part of the reason of it being really good(I'd hate to say this, but think Undertaker.:p). PUSA has nailed it with two brains in a row--can they go for the full six?:D

This deserves a solid 9/10.