• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tactics Theatrics! (430)

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
The fire and water combo was a nice strategy, i didn't think it would work too well but it did.

I think Swellow was an odd choice though.

temgun

My two favourites Arcanine AND Swampert in the same episode, YAY! Okay, this ep was good, I liked it. Though one thing bothered me a lot. Ash's pokemon were hit a lot and still they weren't hurt at all. Then again they defeated Arcanine and Swampert with just 2 hits (if I recall). Swellow and Corpfish are not that durable or strong compared to Swampert or Arcanine, it would be much more believeable if it would have been Swellow and Crawdaunt.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
Pretty good episode overall. Using Water Pulse the way Swampert was a nice change of pace from the normal method. Also, the interview and the entire room just becoming depressed because of Ash's commentary, priceless. The battle also was pretty good.

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
The Swampert & Arcanine combination was epic, IMO ^_^ i also loved see corphish & swellow work together. I've always loved water/fire combos :] they're always so beautiful. So, this was a GREAT episode, wayy better than the Greta episode, IMO.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Good battle. I liked Arcanine hidding behind swampert while he used protect.
Altough Arcanine's voice was kinda irritating... -_-

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
One of the most exciting Frontier battles. Though I was shocked to see Ash use his weakest Pokemon (Swellow and Corphish) against Tucker's Swampert and Arcanine.

It was too easy for Ash. I liked Tucker's dub voice.

8/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great double battle.
Swampert and Arcanine were cool, it was great to see them fighting together.
And Ash's tactic was amazing.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I always enjoyed double battles. The fact that this episode had Swampert in it made it 10 times better! I loved the variety of moves Tucker's Pokemon used.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Pretty good battle, I liked the Arcanine and Swampert and Tucker wasn't too bad. Those reporters are a bit silly, they can't expect everyone to know who Tucker was (Scott could have told him earlier though)

TehGr81

College graduate
One of Ash's best Frontier Brain battles. It was funny how all the reporters went blue when Ash asked who Tucker was, and Max disagreeing with May when she said Norman should follow after Tucker. As for the battle, I was impressed by how well Swampert and Arcanine worked together.

9/10

raz1337

Miju Miju!
I was reading reviews on Bulbapedia and someone said they mentioned the whirlpool cup and the 3 leagues in japanese, but the orange league and the 3 leagues in the dub. That's lame, especially considering in the episode, they showed the screen with:

AG62.jpg

Which was the whirl cup in Johto:

0188.jpg

They apparently didn't pay attention to that on the screen when they made the dub.

Can anyone say the exact moves Arcanine and Swampert used?

;134;89

Arcanine:
1.) Extremespeed
2.) Flame Thrower
3.) Fire Blast
4.) Aerial Ace

Swampert:
1.) Water Pulse
2.) Water Gun
3.) Dynamic Punch
4.) ???????

Though I have to say, those fangirls started to annoy me after a while ^^;

Me too!

Has Scott ever explained why he's always managed to show up just when Ash is about to enter a Facility? It seems too much of a coincidence to me.

He's either stalking Ash...or possibly May.

Or Max...
Or Brock...

I just saw the episode and it was nice. I really liked the seventh movie music playing. Swampert is just awsome. He looks just so flexible and long! Overall one nice episode.

Just one thing I didn't understand. Before the match started some machine popped up. What was the purpose for that?

It was so Ash could switch from Pokemon that he already has with ones he's "Oaked".

What attack was Arcanine using when it jumped into the air to attack Swellow in the beginning of the battle!?
Better yet, what were all the attacks that Arcanine, Swampert, Corphish, and Swellow used in this episode!? :)

I'll say this again, I have time.
Arcanine:
1.) Extreme Speed
2.) Flame Thrower
3.) Fire Blast
4.) Aerial Ace

Swampert:
1.) Water Gun
2.) Water Pulse
3.) Dynamic Punch

Swellow:
1.) Quick Attack
2.) Aerial Ace
3.) Double Team

Corphish:
1.) Bubble Beam
2.) Crabhammer
3.) Vice Grip(?)

--

I though Ash was going to lose this battle the first time, for sure. But Swellow and Corphish kept getting up!

Arcanine's voice sounded exactly like Gabite's voice in "Another One Gabite's the Dust!" (And probably any other future episode we see a Gabite in) Did any one else notice that?

A question: Why was Bubble Beam (primarily) orange?

Last edited:

raz1337

Miju Miju!
Swampert:
1.) Water Pulse
2.) Water Gun
3.) Dynamic Punch
4.) ???????

A question: Why was Bubble Beam (primarily) orange?

In response to Swampert's moves, it's harder to catch Swampert's 4th attack, because it's not called directly, but as part of a command. Tucker yells out, "Swampert, protect Arcanine!" and then you see Swampert's protect shield surrounding him and Arcanine. Also, it's hard to miss it because that same exact scene is 9 seconds into the Battle Frontier opening along with Corphish's orange bubble beam. :)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Amazing double battle! Tucker's combination was epic but Ash countered him brilliantly

kemal07

I've been rewatching Pokemon and the Movie's in order, started all the way from Episode one. I just finished watching this episode and there's 3 things I wan't to say:

1)- I never noticed when I first watched this episode a few years back and omg I didn't realise how awesome Ash and Dome Ace Tuckers battle was. Now that I watched it again it's guaranteed to be one of Ash's best Frontier Brain battles.

2)- Dome Ace Tucker, The only times I saw this episode was a few years back and just now and for some reason my memory stored Tucker's character a bit girly quite similar to Harley, I always thought he was like Harley till I watched the episode for the second time today! Now I know why he's referred to as Superstar almost like the Superhero look.

3)- I see a strong resemblance to Hall Matron Argenta, aww how I wished the Sinnoh/Johto Frontier Brains would appear in the Anime.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. Corphish and Swellow vs Swampert and Arcanine was a really entertaining battle. It definitely looked like a Mis-Match from the beginning. The strategy used on Ash's Pokemon was good and very tough to overcome. Ash countered that with a different tactic than usual to finally take them down. The Water+Fire combo was really cool to see. I'm glad Ash won the Tactic Symbol. Ash's comments in the beginning were hilarious, especially during the interview.

89/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I watched this episode just to get the chance to see Norman in a Tucker costume.
I wasn't disappointed.

Tucker was good, too.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Okay really? I think Swellow has proven that it's strong and that it can battle, but little prejudice jerks like you think bird pokemon can't be strong battlers. Get over yourself!

Huh? Birds are great battlers. It's just that it seems that the writers don't like Ash's bird Pokemon in this season.

Vernikova

Champion
Swampert and Arcanine went down rather easily. The battle was well animated though so it has that going for it as well.