• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tactics Theatrics! (430)

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Tactics theatrics.
I rewatched this today.

I like how they recognise Ash's achievements.

I thought it was funny when May mentions about her Dad learning a thing or 2 from Tucker and then the imagination of that outfit on him.
Max is like: "I don't think we should even go there" I always laugh at that.XD

I personally really like Tucker. He's actually pretty cool.imo
I also love his team. Swampert and Arcanine are 2 of my favourite Pokemon. He's my favourite frontier brain in this series.^-^

I really like this episode because it's one of my favourite battles in the series.

Great episode.

Sarah's Ash was actually pretty good in this one. Yeah, I know, no emotion, but at least it resembled Taylor somewhat for what it's worth.

Bill Rogers was simply brilliant as Tucker. It's probably my favorite role that he's done on Pokémon, too. He was also really good as Brock, too.

Not even going to start on why I HATED Kayzie's Max and Michele's May. Simply terrible in this one.

Max: I'm an old lady. You can tell I am. So cool!
May: Oh, I'll totally grab and tear off your pants, and do whatever you want me to do *giggles*. You ready, big boy? (Her mouth proceeds to get closer and closer...AAAHHH! What am I saying?).

Seriously, are they even TRYING to do a good job in this one? -_-

Scott sounded better than usual, and reminded me more of Frank Frankson. Yet, he gives off that creepy paedophilic tone moreso than Frank ever did. :/

Team Rocket sounds awesome though. Very similar to the 4Kids version, IMO.

Ash: "I guess the best defense is a strong offense...yeah" (The apathy in which this line was delivered definitely is notable)
Scott: "Remember at the press conference when Ash said the best offense is a good defense"

Way to go, TPCi. Showing us right off the bat you are indeed no different from 4Kids with stuff like this.

What was that about TPCi being so much better than 4Kids with accuracy? Uh-huh, right. Go back to your anti-4Kids fantasy land, haters.

Despite how bad May and Max sounded, everyone else's work overshadowed their poor performances, so it came out a good episode for the dub to me.

Dub: 85/100

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Great episode. I loved how they mentioned Ash's accomplishments and there is actually continuity in the series, Though BW seems to have flushed all that down the toilet XD
I loved the battle, it was epic and my type of battle. Also the water and fire fusion was awesome!

NPT

Just a member
Great episode ! I loved that they actually mentioned Ash's accomplishments in this episode. Ash's Swellow & Corphish vs. Turker's Swampert & Arcanine battle was awsome. This battle is one of Ash's best frontier battles in my opinion.

Before it was revealed that Tucker was a big deal in the battle dome, I was thinking "What an welcome for this facility!"
I now find it cool how the show can make very low-powered moves (like Water Gun and Quick Attack) seem just relentless. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really liked that Ash was interviewed before battling against Tucker; it made Ash seem like a celebrity in my opinion. Seeing Team Rocket selling snacks to the crowd at the Battle Dome made me laugh and I liked how Ash's accomplishments were mentioned as he got on stage. Tucker was fabulous as well; I got a laugh out of his fangirls' reactions.

pokefreak18

Nathaniel
awesome battle this episode. really loved Ash's finishing strategy, and was great seeing Arcanine and Swampert get some screentime. I can't even remember the last time Swampert appeared in the anime.

JudySpell

Banned
Tucker's English voice was deep and cool and Corphish and Swellow did an amazing job here against Arcanine and Swampert. Kudos to them. 7.5/10

Gillachu

Banned
Lol at Max imagining Norman as Tucker. I liked seeing Corphish and Swellow battling as a team, and at least we didn't see something stupid like Aqua Armor...

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Ash being interviewed and having his achievements mentioned in his battle intro was cool. I liked how the Battle Dome had a large audience, plus Tucker's Swampert and Arcanine had perfect coordination. :3

Tucker was so enthralling with his stage presence and I thought the audience was a nice addition. This was the best BF battle hands down.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This battle was the best I've ever seen. My heart kept on pounding cause of how fast everything was going and was hoping that neither Swellow nor Corphish would lose.

ZilverLox

Banned
This episode was just a few steps below movie animation. The CGI looked awesome and the battle was fast paced with cool effects and not too much recycled footage. Tucker is the best Frontier Brain of all. I loved his theatrical style, and his strategies were great. Ash also put up a good fight and came up with nice strategies. The press conference was cool, and I loved how they actually talked about Ash's accomplishments.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ash's voice seems to be improving. It actually had some emotion. But for some reason, Brock sounds kind of funny here. Did anyone else notice it, or was it just me?

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ash's voice seems to be improving. It actually had some emotion. But for some reason, Brock sounds kind of funny here. Did anyone else notice it, or was it just me?

In my opinion, Brock's VA was simply rusty here since he was still getting accustomed to the role.

Daizy

I call you honey
Swellow and Corphish did amazing work here, though Corphish could've evolved. I liked seeing Ash get some recognition along with Tucker too.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
This has to be one of the most underrated battles of entire anime. Just wish they had modern day animation like they in XY. Everything from the start, them recognizing ash's achievements overall was very good. Then swellow and corphish showed there tanking abilities which wa top notch. This battle was one of the few in which ash actually used strategy beforehand to win which was also new and refreshing. Definitely one of my favourite frontier battles.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I must say, Satoshi reached the Battle Dome much quicker than I expected. I thought that him being interviewed was fun since he never got that opportunity prior to this episode, and Heath was given such a fantastic voice. The double battle between Heath's Windie and Laglarge and Satoshi's Heigani and Ohsubame had me on the edge of my seat.