• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tag Battle Partners Shipping thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
Well time to answer some topics.

What would your reaction be if one of the tag battle partner ships you supported became canon?

I would die out of happiness. And go absolutely crazy that the ship became canon.

What would your reaction be if one of the tag battle partner ships you didn’t support became canon?

I'd probably be pretty ticked off at first. But then I will probably just go on to another ship. XD

Have you ever thought of writing a fanfic about a tag battle partner ship (support or not)?

Not really. I suck when it comes to writing a story. I rather read fanfics than write them.

darklord18

sorry guys for not post yesterday or early today, had something in RL to do. anyway,

Have you ever thought of writing a fanfic about a tag battle partner ship (support or not)?

Not really. I suck when it comes to writing a story. I rather read fanfics than write them.

Same here, if any of you saw my fic writing skill know, I have written a few drabble, though, I had help, one was for Cheekyshipping, and one was for Mira x Shaymin and I have yet to post the third one which is Mira x Lucian. Though I just can't figure out why I support alot of Mira shippings more than the other though while working on my fic, I start liking Marley x Lance, I just fine those two cute together.

Though I still wonder why most of tag partners shipping are one with Mira in them? I think it because I find it easier to ship people and pokemon with her, Anyone else with the same problem were most of their tag partners shipping are one with the same partner in them?

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Time to answer some Topicz :D :

What would your reaction be if one of the tag battle partner ships you supported became canon?

Well I will go on a Rampage and Fanboy mode XD. I will scream, jump and Spam everywhere to say that the Ship is canon and of course I will be very Happy XD Bishieshipping and Vicktoreeshipping pls be canon XD

What would your reaction be if one of the tag battle partner ships you didn’t support became canon?

Hmmmm....... I would be happy that the ship became canon ( A different ship doesn't become canon every day ;) ).

LOL. I have been Writting Bishieshipping stuff on my English Note book =D. And in my Math Book I been Writting some Vicktoreeshipping. Plus on my Computer I write some Tag Partner x Tag Partner Drabbles XD.

Well, might as well join this thread now. XD

I would just be supah happeh and maybe write a fic out of my happiness... Or do something to express my happiness towards it.

I'd be okay with it, I guess. :/ I mean, I don't bash and stuff... Maybe I'll start supporting it. XD All the Tag Partner ships are good for me, I guess.

Yes, actually. I've been wanting to do a Marley x Buck fic, but I don't have any plots to make it alive. D: Also a Riley x Dawn, Mira x Max, etc. Maybe do some requests, too. Doesn't really matter who I right about, really. =D

darklord18

Welcome Pokefan.

Anyway I think it to have a new topic.

What pokemon x Partners shipping do you like/support and why?

well
Mira
Warpshipping, Mira x Kadabra and Mira x Alakazam =well it her starter so way not?
Friendshipshiping (Mira x Sandshrew) = Well I just think they cute.
Hairwingsshipping = Haven't tell Mira hairstyle match Cresselia wings?
Puffyshipping = Well Togekiss Matches Mira puffy theme (look at her artwork) so why not ship them together?
Mira x Shaymin = Thank to Pokemon a long time ago for getting me into this.
there are other for her but I don't know why I like them so I not putting them here.

Riley.
Riley x Lucario= Well same reason as Mira, it his starter so why not ship them together?
Riley x Registeel = well both are found in the same place.

Marley.
Marley x Darkrai= Darkrai match Marley.
Marley x Acranine (Spell wrong so sorry) = Same reason as Riley and Mira.

any other like Buck x Heart I can not think of why I like them.

anyway guys I ask someone to make a banner for this thread.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Here's another Topic :

What are you top 5 Tag Partners Ships ?

Well I support some of them but here is my top 5 :

1. Bishieshipping
2. Vicktoreeshipping
3. IronwillShipping
4. Buck x Marley
5. Riley x Marley

=D I will answer the other topic a bit later XD

Last edited:

Vulpixel

Time to answer my own questions...

Well... Aaron X Buck & Mira X Roark I came up in that post, and I haven't exatly started fully supporting those yet, but I would be very, very happy. I might throw a party, spend hours reading fanfic, and/or cosplay as one of the characters while trying to get my crush to cosplay as the other character. Which would diserve it's own party.
It depends what one it is. I think I'll go with the worst case sinerio, HaganeShipping (the ship of my two fangirl obsessions in Pokemon). I would just not buy whatever it was they were canon in. I might borrow it from a friend, but I wouldn't spend money on it, unless it was really good.
Not really, but my Aaron X Marley and Riley X Cranidos situations seem like a good plots, right? Especially the part in Riley X Cranidos where I get a shiny Pokemon.

And other ones...
Only one, and it's crack: Riley X Cranidos. The way I see it: my Cranidos figures out how much I like Riley, hits on him to annoy me like she likes to do (it's all in good fun... I think). He likes her not knowing she doesn't really like him, asks her out, and... that's all I got so far, except that if everything works out, I get a shiny Pokemon. Hey, it's my Cranidos, I may as well get something good out of the deal.
What are you top 5 Tag Partners Ships?
1. Aaron X Marley (my crack OTP, if such a thing exists...)
2. AoShipping
3. IronWillShipping
4. Aaron X Buck
5. Riley X Cranidos

What Pokemon x Partners shipping do you like/support and why?

Well...

Mira x Shaymin: Why? It's very cute! :3 And take the sassy Shaymin from Movie 11 and put it with this young sneaky (Anime reference) girl, and we have one heck of a duo! XD

Marley x Darkrai: They're both very shy (I would guess that Darkrai is shy...), quiet, mysterious, have Dark themes and a black & white color scheme. Plus, they match well...

Marley x Absol:
Probably the same as Marley x Darkrai...

Buck x Infernape: Other than the fact that Buck reminds me of a hot-headed monkey? Well, no particular reason. I just think it would be funny seeing what shenanigans these two could come up with. XD

Riley x Lucario: Pretty obvious, huh? :x Well, it speaks for itself, basically. And they match, I suppose...

I don't really have a real Cheryl x Pokemon ship as of now, so I'll skip her. xD

I'll answer the other topic(s) later, as I had only enough time to whip up an answer for this topic...

darklord18

Mira x Shaymin: Why? It's very cute! :3 And take the sassy Shaymin from Movie 11 and put it with this young sneaky (Anime reference) girl, and we have one heck of a duo! XD
you don't know how much I crack up laughing at this, lol. it so true

What are you top 5 Tag Partners Ships and why?
(sorry but I add a bit or my post will be count as spam.

1 Cheekyshipping (Max x Mira) well let just say I find Max and Mira personality exactly the same as eachother, and they both have similarity like they both have something for Psychic types, and both have trick Ash and co on their first meeting and both risk their lifts try to either protect or caring for the pokemon they have a strong bond with.

2 Hairwingsshipping (Mira x Cresselia) um do I really need to say way I like this shipping? the name said it all. Mira hair is the same shap as Cresselia wing, I don't know why they did this. But yeah Mira could well be connect to Cresselia.

3 Friendshipshipping (Mira x Sandshrew) yes blame her episode. just I see this being like Ash x pikachu sorta relationship, Sandshrew first not trusting Mira due to being left behind by it last trainer and sorta opening up to Mira.

4 Mira x Lucian I see this as a teacher/student relationship and that Lucian can help Mira study to be better at pokemon battling and Mira helping Lucian in knowing that reading book aren't the only way to find out of stuff.

5 Mira x Shaymin (sorry but I just remember this one.) like Pat said you get Anime Mira and movie 11 Shaymin and you get one good team of pranksters.

Last edited:

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
What are you top 5 Tag Partners Ships and why?

Ironwillshipping - This ship is so cute in my opinion. Its my favorite one of all the tag battle partner ships. :)

Bishieshipping - Best ship ever before Ironwill. I love Paul and Riley so its just natural for me to support the ship. I must thank my RL friends for introducing me to this wonderful ship.

Cheekyshipping - Even though it is a nevermetship its still good. I can imagine the both of them being together.

Vicktoreeshipping - I just started supporting this ship but I liek it so far. :)

I'll edit this post later to add the 5th ship.

This thread could needs moar TRO. No but srsly, I meant to post here forever and a day ago... I just got lazy. *shot*

What Tag Battle partner ships do you like?

Cheryl:
Gaiashipping (Cheryl x Gardenia) - Probably my favorite Cheryl ship... I loved their anime interactions, and since they both spend time in Eterna Forest...there are plenty of opportunities for more interactions. ;D One of my favorite scenarios to think about between them would probably be them both heading into the Old Chateau...because we all know how frightened Gardenia is of ghosts. ;P

Aoshipping (Riley x Cheryl) - It seems like the two of them are the most mature Tag Battle partners...so I could see them getting along quite well together. ^_^ Having intellectual discussions or something, lol.

Octobershipping (Nando x Cheryl) - This one is kind of random but...in the anime, both of their main Pokemon are Bug-types... And Nando seems like the type of guy Cheryl could fall for - intelligent, gentle... Cheryl would probably love the music he plays.

SageAdviceshipping (Brock x Cheryl) - If only Cheryl didn't totally reject him in the anime... I could see this working out, really, if she just gave poor Brock a chance...

Mira:
Liquoriceshipping (Mira x Marley) - They are total opposites, but for some reason, it's really cute. Epic amounts of loli maybe? I also like Sucetteshipping (just throwing Dawn into the mix) for the same reasoning... *shot*

Uh yeah, I dun ship Mira much. ^^;

Buck:
OppositesAttractshipping (Buck x Marley) - ZOMG. *epic spazz* I adoree this ship. Like love it to pieces. Marley is like the last girl you would expect a guy like Buck to fall for...but somehow it totally works in my mind. Either in a way that Buck is sorta "meh" about her at first, but gets to know her and like her... Or in a way that Buck is attracted to her right off the bat and he doesn't understand why and has no clue how to approach her or anything. And Marley, she would be secretly flattered Buck was showing interest in her...but would still have a hard time opening up... But I think Buck's fiery personality could bring her out of her shell eventually. /rant

HardMountainshipping (Buck x Barry) - for the lulz really. But imagining what sort of craziness these two would get involved in together...it's just great. xD Plus there would be an intense underlying rivarly methinks.

Wildfireshipping (Buck x Flint) - Daww~ Too cute. Especially if we're talking about in the brotherly love sort of way. I think Buck definitely looks up to Flint...because he's like the coolest big bro in the world. But then I could also see Buck getting annoyed with Flint's crazy antics all the time... But still secretly love him of course. And Flint would always be there for Buck, looking out for his lil bro and teachin' him how to woo the ladies. ;D
Yuss, this ship is just fun all around.

Marley:
Well my flaming love for OppositesAttractshipping has already been explained... But I also like...
Choqueshipping (Marley x Dawn) - Yeahh I like it for shallow reasons I guess... But still, it's pretty awesome. Dawn could probably bring out Marley's more...girly side, I suppose. And even though Marley barely talks, I think things would be interesting between them.

Vyktoreeshipping (Marley x Lucas) - Err, I blame fanart really. But I think, since in my mind, game!Lucas has more of a quiet, intellectual thing going for him, Marley would actually like him immediately and they could have some interesting discussions in Victory Road. Or something.

I'm also intrigued by the potential dynamics between Paul and Marley... But I'm not sure how much I like or support it.
I really ship Marley with a lot of Pokemon, but I'll talk about PartnerxPoke ships later.

Riley:
IronWillshipping (Riley x Dawn) - Nyah, this ship is too cute~ It's had the older guy x younger girl thing goin' on, which I love... Plus I think Dawn would fall hard for an intelligent, polite older man such as Riley. Like he would seriously sweep her off her feet. And I think Riley would find Dawn's cuteness, and maybe even childish-ness a breath of fresh air... I could see Dawn trying reallyy hard to act more mature just for Riley, when he really loves her for the adorable little Dawn she is. Although I could also see her growing up a little and trying to seduce Riley but that's another story. >_>

Haganeshipping (Riley x Roark) - yess 8D I love this ship. I could either picture them being like...old friends and stuff, with Roark looking up to Riley... Or Roark even showing some dislike toward Riley because Byron favors him. But then realize Riley is an amazing person and he totally digs him, pardon the pun. xP I dunno, there's just something...awesome...about this ship.

Cableshipping (Riley x Volkner) - OMNOMNOM. This ship is teh sex. Volkner would be angsting all the time, and Riley would be there to snap him out of it, through his wise words... They would be like...amazing friends and an amazing couple... And incredibly hot. I can't even put it into words, my feelings toward this ship.

And with that being said, Riley x Roark x Volkner is probably my favorite poly ship. Ever.

Ironshipping (Riley x Byron) - I really don't want to like this. I really don't. Because there's something so weird and squicky about it to me, yet I can't help but...really like it. Because fics and fanart portray it as so fluffy and amazing when it really shouldn't be in my mind. I dunno. But Byron clearly has some sort of thing for Riley.

SteelFedorashipping (Riley x Steven Stone) - Yeah ...I dunno. Riley probably like...idolizes Steven. (Former) Champion of Hoenn, user of Steel-types, drop-dead sexy... They would have good chemistry methinks, with similar interests and mindsets about life...and stuff.

An IronOreshipping (RileyxStevenxRoark) is fine too.
So is RileyxByronxRoark. With Steven too.

Rukarioshipping (Riley x Cynthia) - I unintentionally started to like this ship because of one of my own fics... Riley and Cynthia could be really good friends I think, always there to help one another out. They are both mature and intelligent people and so I can see them meshing together welll...
On that note, I'm also a fan of AuraSphereshipping (RileyxCynthiaxDawn)...

Bishieshipping (Riley x Paul) - Er, I blame Mel-Girl and epic amounts of Bishieshipping spam wherever I look. Not that it's a bad thing... But the ship did eventually grow on me...

...ugh, finally finished. I'm sure you all are tired of my epic ranting. I sure am. Will answer other topics later, because this post is tl;dr enough (or at least is seems that way to me...)

darklord18

Hi TRO. welcome.

Wow that alot of shipping.

SageAdviceshipping (Brock x Cheryl) - If only Cheryl didn't totally reject him in the anime... I could see this working out, really, if she just gave poor Brock a chance...

yeah so can I

Mira:
Liquoriceshipping (Mira x Marley) - They are total opposites, but for some reason, it's really cute. Epic amounts of loli maybe? I also like Sucetteshipping (just throwing Dawn into the mix) for the same reasoning... *shot*

Lol that so true putting a cute and hyper girl with a quite and rather loner girl = fun and with Dawn = Super fun lol.

...ugh, finally finished. I'm sure you all are tired of my epic ranting. I sure am. Will answer other topics later, because this post is tl;dr enough (or at least is seems that way to me...)

on I not tired from your ranting.

anyway welcome to the thread enjoy your time here.

Brazillianguy

Well, I might enter this thread too.

So

I like mostly Cheekyshipping, which made me enter this thread. I think this ship has A LOT of potential, Mira and Max really look like each other, with funny ways to meet Satoshi, tricking him, and they both have (or will have) psychic Pokémon as their main mates.
Other than this, I like SageAdviceshipping (Takeshi x Cheryl), at least it's canon in Takeshi's side =]

If Cheekyshipping became canon? I'd be like "I told ya, they're made for each other!", though I'd be surprised, and... Happy!

EDIT: Peolple, let's keep this thread alive!

Akari K

did it for the lulz.
Mira x Lucian I see this as a teacher/student relationship and that Lucian can help Mira study to be better at pokemon battling and Mira helping Lucian in knowing that reading book aren't the only way to find out of stuff.

=DDDD PIXIEDUSTSHIPPING. So cracky, so lol. I made this up to sorta mirror my fav pairing from Tales of the Abyss (JadexAnise), which I was obsessing over at the time. Plus I could definitely see it as teacher/student as well, and I could imagine Lucian giving Mira her Abra as her first Pokemon, since he's a master of psychic Pokemon and all. OMG, I'm so glad someone else likes it! =D *hi-5*

I also like IronWillshipping too, very cute... the mature, serious guy with the cute and cheerful girl... though I just love older guy/younger girl ships in general. =D

darklord18

I like mostly Cheekyshipping, which made me enter this thread. I think this ship has A LOT of potential, Mira and Max really look like each other, with funny ways to meet Satoshi, tricking him, and they both have (or will have) psychic Pokémon as their main mates.
Other than this, I like SageAdviceshipping (Takeshi x Cheryl), at least it's canon in Takeshi's side =]

Welcome, yeah I like SageAdviceshipping it great shipping. I really like the interaction between the two. Though mostly from Brock.

If Cheekyshipping became canon? I'd be like "I told ya, they're made for each other!", though I'd be surprised, and... Happy!
Yeah I would have a heart attack if it became canon. Really no joke I been waiting forever for it to be canon.

=DDDD PIXIEDUSTSHIPPING. So cracky, so lol. I made this up to sorta mirror my fav pairing from Tales of the Abyss (JadexAnise), which I was obsessing over at the time. Plus I could definitely see it as teacher/student as well, and I could imagine Lucian giving Mira her Abra as her first Pokemon, since he's a master of psychic Pokemon and all. OMG, I'm so glad someone else likes it! =D *hi-5*

I also like IronWillshipping too, very cute... the mature, serious guy with the cute and cheerful girl... though I just love older guy/younger girl ships in general. =D

Yeah that okay. and Pixiedustshipping I got into by working on my fic. It happen after Mira episode air I was wonder if she was Lucian daughter so I thought of a way to do that and sorta change it to teacher student (still haven't put it in my fic) but I can still see a father/daughter/family or teacher/student relationship.

welcome all new members. please follow the rules and have fun.

milenadrg

Oh, hi. :)

What Tag partner shippings do you like?

Cheekyshipping-It's cute. Max and Mira are looking good together...
Gaiashipping-I like it. I can imagine Cheryl and Gardenia as really close friends...
Octobershipping-I can see Nando and Cheryl together! I like this ship...
MiraxSandshrew-I liked how she cared about her Pokemon. It's cute...
RileyxSir Aron-They both have those Aura powers and simmilar desings... :D

darklord18

/\ your accepted welcome.

New topic that was from the old thread

Why made you drawn toward partner shipping(s)?

Cheekyshipping, Friendshipshipping and Warpshipping.
Well the anime made Mira like a female Max and I couldn't shake the idea till the point I start writing a fan fic and decide to find if it had a name.
a for the other two, the anime show how much Mira care for Sandshrew and Abra and that what got me into these.
Cheryl x Brock.
Though their interaction was funny and I couldn't put of my mind that they would still have feeling after Cheryl left.
Riley x Lucario.
Well Riley tried to stop Lucario when it went out of control and was worry about it even after it attack him.

those one are the one I can remember at the moment. I post some more later.

It's been a while since I've posted here, so I guess I could answer a few topics and spread some awesomeness to you guys~

Marley x Shaymin - Because she's obviously in love with the little thing, and I love the idea of dark, brooding Marley with an adorable Pokemon like Shaymin. I think it's the one Pokemon she could truly find a friend in (that, and her Arcanine ;D)

Marley x Darkrai - I dunno. Probably just aesthetics. Dark girl, dark pokemon, and they look damn good together.

Riley x Lucario - Oh c'mon, how could you not? Really, they just belong together, cuz of that intense aurarific bond they got goin' on.

...Err there's probably more but these are my favorites.

Why made you drawn toward partner shipping(s)?
Really, I'm always drawn towards shippings with lesser known/appreciated characters. They're more fun to work with for whatever reasons. And Riley most of them tend to be super shippable...and my shipping mind just gets to work and pairs them up with people they could be compatible with.

And there was another topic about partner fanfiction...
Well I have my own right here. It's also posted on the forums somewhere, but I'm too lazy to dig for it. It contains IronWillshipping and OppositesAttractshipping as the main partner ships, but there are some more (partner and nonpartner) thrown in there.

There's also...
THIS!
A community where every Tag Battle Partner shipping fic on ff.net that I could find it compiled.
So if you ever need your Partner Shipping fic fix, check that out. : D
And if anyone has any fics that they find that need to be added, they can let me know~

darklord18

thank you for that link to the community. I going to edited that into the first post right now.

anyway yeah I agree though I find Mira more shipable I have to agree that Riley is way more shipable.

and I like the fic it pretty good.

well to answer the topic more.

Puffyshipping = I saw Mira with a Togekiss in Platinum and just couldn't get the idea out of my head. I find them cute.

Hairwingsshipping, um I have to say the artwork of the two got me into this shipping.

Riley x Delia (Ash mom) um the whole aura thing in the anime made me ship them together and plus Riley and Ash have thing in common.

Vycksta

May as well drop the occasional post in here.

What Tag partner shippings do you like?
This is where my crack side comes into play... but whatever. My name is Vycksta and I truly think that Chelseashipping (( Riley x Luxray )) is love. Okay, so I shipped them together for personal reasons and that reason is Chelsea Football Club; the club wear royal blue strips (( Riley wears the same colour )) and their mascot is a lion, which Luxray more often or not gets classified as. Then I got thinking about how they would work together and Riley COULD have one as Luxray goes have a pretty good attack stat for a UU Pokemon. Et voila, i'm a bit of a cigarette for it. One day maybe i'll write those plotbunnies.

I'm also a sucker for Liquoriceshipping, Marley x Mira. Opposites attract baby; the gawfick lolita girl with a bit of a social problem with the pink and white clad cheerful, sociable one. I can see Marley initally getting annoyed with Mira's jovial ways and eventually learning to tolerate them... and I can also picture a What If; what if Marley was the one who recused Mira from Wayward Cave? It opens up a whole book of possibilities. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.